[mod] [CK2] Dark World

dewguru

Picture does not want to work

Fixed

The child can still inherit the succubus/incubus trait from its succubus mother, even if the father is not. It's something like a 25% chance I think.

OK. Well I get that, I just didn't think an incubus/werewolf or succubus/werewolf hybrid was possible. Ah well. Super extra sexed up werewolf.

Picture does not want to work

Fixed

The child can still inherit the succubus/incubus trait from its succubus mother, even if the father is not. It's something like a 25% chance I think.

OK. Well I get that, I just didn't think an incubus/werewolf or succubus/werewolf hybrid was possible. Ah well. Super extra sexed up werewolf.

The only one that I'm aware of being blocked is werewolf/vampire hybrid (the child automatically dies). You can definitely have an incubus/succubus that's also any of the other racial types, to my knowledge (though I don't believe it will cross with divine/angel).

if = {
limit = { liege = { ai = no } }
character_event = { id = [it's own ID] days = 1825 }
breaks = yes
}

insert it just above the abdicate-part and vlad/fenris will try again in 5 years if their direct liege is the player. i made both ancient traits immortal aswell, thus continous 5 year delays doesn't hurt them and i treat them as "normal" courtiers in granting land anyway, thus they might end up beneath a vassal of mine and replace this vassal eventually.

can't post the exact place to edit tihs in right now, wrong computer without ck2 installed

That the thing though, in my vision, the intention of Dark World is not for them to ever play second fiddle to you. Your options are to serve, oppose, or ignore them. So what I implement will be a departure from the player's court instead of leaving them there, the only exception being if they're imprisoned.

since we're talkin about spawn.... is there a thing where the children of a vampire have a particularly high chance to die at birth? I've had 3 do that in like 2yrs in game time.

Yes. This information is also found on the first page and the download page in the spoiler tag under the FAQ question that asks about birth traits.

- If a child has a vampire parent, the child may not survive the birth process, with the age of the vampire influencing the odds of death. (25%, 50%, 75%)

- If a child has a vampire parent and somehow survives birth, there is a small chance that the child may inherit the vampire trait. (20%)

great now I feel like a derp for not remembering that, cause I read it :P

No worries. It's new stuff. I was saying it more so people may go and read the rest of the spoiler if they're curious, rather than trying to make you feel derpy. We'll blame it on age, eyesight, or alcohol.

Been fighting some crud. Leaving me drooling in front of my monitor, and with the outside chance that I may release a small update on Sunday. If I do, here's what it would currently look like.

v1.25
    - Added: Some additional fairy play options
    - Tweak: Adjusted some Harley/Werewolf event code to see if it better handles werewolf players (who're supposed to be excluded).
    - Tweak: Some character modifiers
    - Tweak: Overhauled my overhaul of the birth traits to reduce processing spam (reducing event generation of the parental notifications, trimmed birth event checks from 12 small to mid-size ones to 2 big ones, and reconsidered some of my birth percentages.)
    - Fixed: Wuban pointed out an oversight on the futa birth check that could result in males being futas, which in turn could net them two dicks.
    - Fixed: Selena quest loop that took place on the final dominate step.

Purposefully small, so many may not feel the need to upgrade to it, as I'm looking to see feedback on if the trait assignment is better handled on birth of special individuals. So think of it as more of a public test than an actual patch release.

disclaimer: not yet tested/looked at 1.24 yet, just 1.23 so if anything below has allready been addressed, i'm sorry.

if = {
limit = { liege = { ai = no } }
character_event = { id = [it's own ID] days = 1825 }
breaks = yes
}

insert it just above the abdicate-part and vlad/fenris will try again in 5 years if their direct liege is the player. i made both ancient traits immortal aswell, thus continous 5 year delays doesn't hurt them and i treat them as "normal" courtiers in granting land anyway, thus they might end up beneath a vassal of mine and replace this vassal eventually.

can't post the exact place to edit tihs in right now, wrong computer without ck2 installed

That the thing though, in my vision, the intention of Dark World is not for them to ever play second fiddle to you. Your options are to serve, oppose, or ignore them. So what I implement will be a departure from the player's court instead of leaving them there, the only exception being if they're imprisoned.

It was mostly a hotfix for my game (in which I ran into the instant game over aswell), which could be easily adapted by anyone else who runs into the same problem until this is adressed in an 'official' bugfix/patch.

In my games I usually tend to organize my realm in the de jure dutchies/kingdoms anyway and the ancients became powerful vassals in the realm and had to be dealt with as powerful vassals during vassal management.

I'm not versed in ai_ambition and stuff like this, but in my last game Fenris stayed a independent 1 county tribe in ireland for 40'ish years. Maybe it might be advisable (if possible?) to raise their ambition (as I said, I don't know the real effects of ai_ambition) to cause them to be more proactive.

Also, another suggestion would be to be able to become _ancient, ones you are _elder? Maybe dueling, or imprison + sacrifice or something like this?

some kind of "bugfix": the on_yearly_pulse event-chain (non-ancient) werewolf uses his bitches is completly hidden, causing children/bastards without any idea how. i'd suggest making them an actual visible event (i guess much of the _ancient uses bitches could be recycled, also huge amount of incest /inbred danger between werewolf father/son and daughters)

next: rape of female prisoner fires annoyingly often, especially if you play some kind of raiding realm and collect a bunch of female prisoners.

i added option C, which set a character-flag which prevented the event from firing (alternative: add a timed opinion_modifier to prevent it for a certain amount of time)

and out of curiousity: what are your plans for the luciferian-branche(es) of the demonic religion group? your comments in the files hint towards an anti-feminist-opinion which makes me think the intermarry between lilithian and luciferian is 'wrong' fluff-wise.

also: a few limits should be religion_group = demonic instead of religion = lilithian (in my opinion, especially due to the division into _east/_west/base)

Hi all) Can I make some suggestion about vampires?
We have got 3 "speciality" - demon, vampire and "wolf"
If with demon and "wolf" - I understand - with vampire I can't understand mechanic of game.
What features (in future) it will have?
Maybe use some ideas from mod about WH FB ? 
For example - if you play as vampire you can choose everybody to be your heir and make everybody - part of your dinasty.

the mod is/will be compatible with CKplus?

Yes it is though some portraits are broken (you'll see a few black pics with numbers) . The best compatibility with a total conversion mod is with HIP without the CPR (portraits) module.

Is there any way to get the portraits to work with ck2 plus?  I love the option to have everyone start as a single province minor.

Yes it is though some portraits are broken (you'll see a few black pics with numbers) . The best compatibility with a total conversion mod is with HIP without the CPR (portraits) module.

Is there any way to get the portraits to work with ck2 plus? I love the option to have everyone start as a single province minor.

I did it on earlier versions of CKII Plus and DW with some tweaks. I'd have to test it on the current versions.

Is there any way to get the portraits to work with ck2 plus?  I love the option to have everyone start as a single province minor.

If you have ck+ in loose files you can copy the portrait_properties.txt from Darkworld to ck+. This worked for me and I have not found any problems so far. I also edited some decisions to give the lilian faith some options of other religion. Planning feasts and fairs seem to work fine. Tourneys, close kind stuff, and expelling Jews are completely untested. These are no complicated edits, just adding religious_group=demonic in a few places.

decisions.7z

The black portraits with a number are not broken, they're just what the game reads from the remedy_portrait_swapping.dds files. Some portraits are not done yet, you can either add your own or get some from ReMeDy's mod.

On a side note, here's a (barely tested) attempt to patch ReMeDy's static portraits into CPR.

HIP-CPR-ReMeDy patch_updated.7z

edited 01-10-16 = fixed imprisonment layer.

The black portraits with a number are not broken, they're just what the game reads from the remedy_portrait_swapping.dds files. Some portraits are not done yet, you can either add your own or get some from ReMeDy's mod.

On a side note, here's a (barely tested) attempt to patch ReMeDy's static portraits into CPR.

attachicon.gifHIP-CPR-ReMeDy patch.7z

Hey, that looks great! It must have taken forever adding those lines of code to the bottom of each cultural age group:

"GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping:p8"

"GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping2:p9"

"GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping3:p10"

"GFX_character_remedy_portrait_swapping4:p11"

The only issue I see is you have the imprisonment layer above those lines, meaning if a character using a custom portrait gets imprisoned, you won't see the imprisonment bars. The imprisonment layer should be at the very bottom of each list.

Don't know if this is intentional or not but the event "Werewolf uses a bitch" (DWWerewolf.1050) currently does not check if the bitch is really the werewolf's bitch or some other werewolf's bitch. This results in every werewolf in the same court as the bitch, to dominate the bitch on a frequent basis.

To make each werewolf only able to use his own bitches, you could add the following under "any_courtier" and "random_courtier" in the respective event code:

has_opinion_modifier = {
	who = ROOT
	modifier = opinion_ima_bitch
}

Thanks for the great mod by the way. And yay me! First post here. Cheers.

Don't know if this is intentional or not but the event "Werewolf uses a bitch" (DWWerewolf.1050) currently does not check if the bitch is really the werewolf's bitch or some other werewolf's bitch. This results in every werewolf in the same court as the bitch, to dominate the bitch on a frequent basis.

To make each werewolf only able to use his own bitches, you could add the following under "any_courtier" and "random_courtier" in the respective event code:

has_opinion_modifier = {
	who = ROOT
}

AFAIK there is no easy way, if there even is one, to put a flag on one character that "binds" them to another like that for the purpose of events. Also you would have to make the event call that specific flag. Which would mean a theoretical infinite variations of that event. Or have a built in mechanic for the code which allows this to happen, which there isn't.

has_opinion_modifier = {
	who = ROOT
}

AFAIK there is no easy way, if there even is one, to put a flag on one character that "binds" them to another like that for the purpose of events. Also you would have to make the event call that specific flag. Which would mean a theoretical infinite variations of that event. Or have a built in mechanic for the code which allows this to happen, which there isn't.

Uhh... I already tested my code. It works.

Replaced the whole event with this and it works:

# .1050 Werewolf uses a bitch (Male Werewolf)
character_event = {
	id = DWWerewolf.1050

is_triggered_only = yes

hide_window = yes

trigger = {
		is_adult = yes
		is_female = no
		OR = {
			trait = werewolf
			trait = werewolf_elder
			trait = werewolf_ancient
		}
		any_courtier = {
			has_opinion_modifier = {
				who = ROOT
			}
			has_character_modifier = werewolf_bitch
			is_adult = yes
			prisoner = no
		}
	}
	immediate = { #We select our bitch and bounce to her
		random_courtier = {
			limit = {
				has_opinion_modifier = {
					who = ROOT
				}
				is_adult = yes
				prisoner = no
			}
			character_event = { id = DWWerewolf.1055 }
		}
	}	
}

Uhh... I already tested my code. It works.

Replaced the whole event with this and it works:

# .1050 Werewolf uses a bitch (Male Werewolf)
character_event = {
	id = DWWerewolf.1050

is_triggered_only = yes

hide_window = yes

trigger = {
		is_adult = yes
		is_female = no
		OR = {
			trait = werewolf
			trait = werewolf_elder
			trait = werewolf_ancient
		}
		any_courtier = {
			has_opinion_modifier = {
				who = ROOT
			}
			is_adult = yes
			prisoner = no
		}
	}
	immediate = { #We select our bitch and bounce to her
		random_courtier = {
			limit = {
				has_opinion_modifier = {
					who = ROOT
				}
				is_adult = yes
				prisoner = no
			}
			character_event = { id = DWWerewolf.1055 }
		}
	}	
}

Well then... I stand corrected and educated.

Archived