[mod] [CK2] Dark World

dewguru

HALP

THE MOD KEEPS CRASHING WHEN IT TRIES TO LOAD DATABASES~!!!!!

For someone to help we'd need to know what mods you are running and what version of CK2 you have.  Such crashes are almost always an outdated mods or CK2 version conflict.

CK2 is 2.3.3

Running Sexual Crusaders, but I turned them off.

CK2 is 2.3.3

Running Sexual Crusaders, but I turned them off.

Try upgrading to the current version of CK2.

If you'd read the first post, or the page where you can get to the download, you would have seen it mentioned that issues have been reported with folks running an old version like you are.

can the lillithian religion event trigger for the same character multiple times? as i lost a theological debate and reconverted back to christianity

Ouch.

No on the chances of it triggering multiple times. You've obviously been duped and Lilith and Lucifer have no use for one so weak willed. :)

-Added: If a Succubus has a daughter who isn't a succubus, if they've enough piety at the time of the birth, they've one shot to do a spell to awaken the trait in their daughter

Excellent, that's an incredible bit of convenience :) What's the piety cost?

100. I just tested it and it worked. Play testing the mod now. If things keep going well, I'm guessing it'll be posted in 2-3 hours.

The Fall of Selene event seems to be broken.  It keeps repeating the same choice (dominate/kill) if I try to dominate her and if I choose kill, my character dies instead.

Still not working for me.  Does it matter if I was using the console to execute DWHunter.1010?

v1.24 Bug: The marry decision can be used on ANYONE regardless of court or religion. You can even use the Marry decision if you are already married.

Not an error. That's working as intended, minus the already married part, but that's easily avoided by not using it.

I don't know much about modding, so hopefully you don't mind my asking.   Does the "min_age" or "is_marriage_adult" triggers work the same as the 'is_adult' trigger?   I was going to test it, but thought simply asking might save me some time.  I'd hate to get hours into a game only to find I'd blown up something.  *chuckle*

Thanks.

The Fall of Selene event seems to be broken.  It keeps repeating the same choice (dominate/kill) if I try to dominate her and if I choose kill, my character dies instead.

Still not working for me.  Does it matter if I was using the console to execute DWHunter.1010?

Same thing happens for me.

I see the reason for the repeated dominate. No idea why choosing to kill her, offs you instead, but breaking the loop may fix it so we'll see in the next release.

I don't know much about modding, so hopefully you don't mind my asking.   Does the "min_age" or "is_marriage_adult" triggers work the same as the 'is_adult' trigger?   I was going to test it, but thought simply asking might save me some time.  I'd hate to get hours into a game only to find I'd blown up something.  *chuckle*

Thanks.

Just want to let you know that I saw your question, and my response based on a lack of understanding in how exactly you're looking to use the other two, would lead me to say no. They're not the same. Each one checks a different thing, and all three do not function in all areas equally.

Would it be possible to revert the 'Correct Child's Dynasty' feature? I thought it worked fine before, where you could correct the dynasty(giving them the proper house name) without making them valid heirs as well(because when you run gavelkind succession, more heirs is not necessarily better. :P).

Right now, it does exactly the same as 'Legitimize' except without the piety/opinion penalty.

If that's working as intended, would you at least be willing to explain how I could revert that change myself?

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out myself by comparing the new version to the old. :)

This is most likely what the final change log will be for the v1.24 release coming later tonight.

v1.24

- Added: New Dark World Campaign Event, roughly 1-3 months in after start-up. Start options: Normal (human), Lilith, Werewolf, Vampire.

- Added: Some new character modifiers to support some new options.

- Added: If a Succubus has a daughter who isn't a succubus, if they've enough piety at the time of the birth, they've one shot to do a spell to awaken the trait in their daughter

- Added: A couple more succubus spells. @ Stage 4, heal yourself of the wounded or maimed status. @ Stage 7 remove the infirm or incapable status from yourself.

- Added: The Rare Item section of the Exotic Emporium now offers up some items for purchase. If you don't see any purchase options, you may not have enough cash (100 gp should always show at least one item).

- Added: Players (only - not enabled yet for npc's even though it was discussed in the forum) can opt to marry someone of the same sex when they're one of the Lilithian religions

- Added: New traits

- Added: The Rare Item section of the Exotic Emporium now offers adult, female, non-Succubus, non-Angels, with 100 gp, the option to purchase a rare Succubus Ritual Tome.

- Tweak: Overhaul of birth traits being passed onto kids for those of non-human lineage.

- Tweak: Male children from a werewolf parent now have a slight chance of coming out as humans (10%), and if so, they have a chance of getting the omega_male character modifier.

- Tweak: Selling a pleasure slave that is also a virgin nets you a greater profit

- Tweak: Some localization tweaks

- Tweak: Become a Succubus (The Lilith Dream) no longer triggers for every new, player controlled female ruler. It only fires once per campaign, and only if the Lilith start option is selected while playing a female ruler.

- Tweak: Couple Trait tweaks

- Tweak: Only the player can receive the Claire event, and it shouldn't fire if there is still a prior Claire alive from a previous ruler.

- Tweak: Dynasty child fix would sometimes make the child a bastard who couldn't inherit. Tweak should prevent this, maybe.

- Tweak: Modified the Lilith Immortality event, triggers 3 months after reaching stage 7 and has some different text and image.

- Tweak: Virginity starting trait also won't be applied to a seductress.

- Tweak: Modifier adjustments related to slavery, to reflect benefits obtained during training.

- Tweak: Modified a couple succubus spells for better balance

- Fixed: Missing a FROM in the immortality spell.

I haven't gotten to try this out yet, but I have been reading the code (and the readme) and I am very excited about some of the things you will be adding in the future.

I see the reason for the repeated dominate. No idea why choosing to kill her, offs you instead, but breaking the loop may fix it so we'll see in the next release.

I was playing around with the file to see if I can fix it.  I think I managed to break the loop, but its applying the werewolf bitch trait to my character instead of Selene too.

Thanks.

Just want to let you know that I saw your question, and my response based on a lack of understanding in how exactly you're looking to use the other two, would lead me to say no. They're not the same. Each one checks a different thing, and all three do not function in all areas equally.

Thanks for the response.   The 'do not function in all areas equally' is what I was curious about.   Was trying to change/make some events to work at 'age of marriage' over 'adult age'.   Adding events would be fun...something like 'first night' with wife/husband based on traits (cruel, kind, drunkard..etc), or even the actual marriage based on religion/culture...an old 'lover' showing up at the wedding would be interesting...so on.  

However, looking at some of the event txt from your events and other modders...well it looks like a lot of work.  lol

I sure appreciate the effort you guys put into these mods.

What is the (infinite) loop in that method for? I just commented it out and it seemed to work.

Oh, and thoughts about adding monster hunters and divine beings to the category of "people who don't automatically rescind their immortality past age 100" thing? (having them die off was annoying, so made changes on my end)

Hey folks, wanted to let you know that a portion of my free time that I was putting towards this mod will now be getting diverted towards another project (not related to CK2).

I'll still be putting out content, I'm just uncertain what the exact release time frame impact will be on things, but we'll see.

Archived