[mod] [CK2] Dark World

dewguru

Quick question - how does enslaving work? Can you do it to any prisoner or do they need to be from outside your realm?

Has to be a prisoner, I believe.

Am I doing something wrong?

My ruler is an incubus and I get get my sons to be incubi from time to time as well.

But no daughter ever got the succubus trait.

I than killed of all the sons and my ruler so the non-succubus daughter would become the ruler.

Waited around 2-3 years game time thinking Lilith would show up to corrupt my female ruler but no go.

If you have the Exotic Emporium you can go shopping and have a chance of finding a book on a Lilith ritual.  That will "awaken" your blood and start you down the path.

The latest version changed it so that only your initial ruler will be given the free visit from Lilith. You should have an option to burn piety to make a non-succubus ddaughter into a succubus, though, I think.

Quick question - how does enslaving work? Can you do it to any prisoner or do they need to be from outside your realm?

Has to be a prisoner, I believe.

My ruler is an incubus and I get get my sons to be incubi from time to time as well.

But no daughter ever got the succubus trait.

I than killed of all the sons and my ruler so the non-succubus daughter would become the ruler.

Waited around 2-3 years game time thinking Lilith would show up to corrupt my female ruler but no go.

If you have the Exotic Emporium you can go shopping and have a chance of finding a book on a Lilith ritual.  That will "awaken" your blood and start you down the path.

That did it. Thanks:)

I figure most major mods will be broken until people have a chance to go in and figure out how to adapt to the new code.  Might take a little while, but that just makes it a good chance to go back and try the unmodded game for a little while.

And have you seen the Conclave Content Pack?  Female models for council members on the map!  Now that will go well with Dark World once things get sorted out.  I'm actually tempted to play Mongols now -- that female Mongol spymaster looks amazing with her hawk on her wrist.

Well patch is out, and I tried a save with arglwydd and ancient religions and it CTD... anyone tried one with Dark World?

I can confirm "Ruler Designer Unlocked" is one CTD culprit, but only after picking your ruler and loading to the world map. This surprised me, considering how simple the mod is. I suppose those new educational traits conflict?

My portrait mod is mostly working, but needs to be updated with new info, as it requires support for the Conclave portrait pack (portraits_ugric.txt) and an updated portrait_properties.txt to update minor information above the #p6 imprisonment line. So yea, Dark World needs to do this, too. Don't use portraits_ugric.txt if you're not using the Conclave Content Pack.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/52211-ck2-static-custom-portrait-replacer-ver-098-244-horse-lords-compatible/?p=1454350

I updated this quick cause there ain't no way in hell I'm playing CKII without some anime portraits! I need to make my cabinet full of ambitious, arrogant, bitchy women and see what happens!

Just got the game on steam sale and tried mod out deleted the .gfx's for the ones not in the CK2 Collection but game is crashing every time the game tries to load with the mod active anyone offer advice?

So far the only way I found to get it to work is to roll back CKII to 2.4.5 patch. I think this means Conclave won't work.

Right click CK2 in Steam's library, Properties, Betas, Select the 2.4.5 patch, close and let it update.

Or wait until this mod is updated. I tried looking into the error logs but they give no clues on what causes the crash, how do you even debug mod crashes in CK2? Using an actual debugger?

Just got the game on steam sale and tried mod out deleted the .gfx's for the ones not in the CK2 Collection but game is crashing every time the game tries to load with the mod active anyone offer advice?

So far the only way I found to get it to work is to roll back CKII to 2.4.5 patch. I think this means Conclave won't work.

Right click CK2 in Steam's library, Properties, Betas, Select the 2.4.5 patch, close and let it update.

Or wait until this mod is updated. I tried looking into the error logs but they give no clues on what causes the crash, how do you even debug mod crashes in CK2? Using an actual debugger?

Thanks that seems to have solved it. And no worrys can wait to try Conclave still need to get some of the other DLC anyway.

ATM the only mod I use that works still is Arglwydd, and Shade88 went out of his way to make it so that it doesn't overwrite existing game files.

Yes. This is a great example of one reason why I originally wanted to keep Dark World trim, but alas, like many things, it changed over time. On the downside, I've no time frame so far on when I'll get around to getting it compliant with the latest patch.

I'm also considering starting another separate mod for CK2. One that focuses simply on adult focused random events. No fancy races or unique traits. Just a mod where your potential dalliance with a chamber maid has a bit more text and imagery. Something that any other mod should be able to more or less work along side of.

ATM the only mod I use that works still is Arglwydd, and Shade88 went out of his way to make it so that it doesn't overwrite existing game files.

Yes. This is a great example of one reason why I originally wanted to keep Dark World trim, but alas, like many things, it changed over time. On the downside, I've no time frame so far on when I'll get around to getting it compliant with the latest patch.

I'm also considering starting another separate mod for CK2. One that focuses simply on adult focused random events. No fancy races or unique traits. Just a mod where your potential dalliance with a chamber maid has a bit more text and imagery. Something that any other mod should be able to more or less work along side of.

One of the many great things about your mod is that there are many parts of it that could actually be their own, smaller, mods. In particular, my personal opinion is that the slavery/prisoner system and the custom buildings alone would make for a great mod, without all extra races. Of course, that's just my opinion though.

Edit: It seems the CK2 wikia (one of the two; I forget which) released a mod compatibility guide for 2.5.1. Hope this helps! Mod Compatibility Guide

on a semi-related note - i love how that 'make this compatible' notes references "The validator" - which itself is a dead link to a nonexistent forum post.  Google searching will eventually lead to older versions of the validator but I've yet to come across a current, stable version that works even for 2.4.5 - so if someone has a link to that I would greatly appreciate it.  

I've basically been running through errors and miss-use of coding and conventions by pure trial and error and *still* have had to work around some things because I'm not certain what I'm doing wrong (freaking use of custom tooltip - by god that was a mess and took the longest time to figure out the correct internal structure).  I've currently got an event popping up on its own that I can't for the life of me figure out why, and if the validator could point me to an innaccurate usage of structure, convention, or what have you...gah, the time that would save.  The event itself functions fine, the 'call' event functions fine - but but both those events in the same namespace and up-it pops uncalled.  I've also had an event that functions now just fine but literally took 3 rewrites from scratch *verbatim*  before it randomly decided to start working and waiting on it's proper event-chain trigger to fire.  Literally did nothing but write from scratch, copying exactly, the existing event - then delete the old one and save and test.  And then there's the events that worked just fine until I added a brand new, unrelated quest chain into the larger overarching namespace...

TL:DR - if someone has a working "The validator" link I would massively appreciate it.

I would be interested in a separate mod and as for getting this updated: as much as I would love an updated version, take your time, we can wait.

on a semi-related note - i love how that 'make this compatible' notes references "The validator" - which itself is a dead link to a nonexistent forum post.  Google searching will eventually lead to older versions of the validator but I've yet to come across a current, stable version that works even for 2.4.5 - so if someone has a link to that I would greatly appreciate it.  

I've basically been running through errors and miss-use of coding and conventions by pure trial and error and *still* have had to work around some things because I'm not certain what I'm doing wrong (freaking use of custom tooltip - by god that was a mess and took the longest time to figure out the correct internal structure).  I've currently got an event popping up on its own that I can't for the life of me figure out why, and if the validator could point me to an innaccurate usage of structure, convention, or what have you...gah, the time that would save.  The event itself functions fine, the 'call' event functions fine - but but both those events in the same namespace and up-it pops uncalled.  I've also had an event that functions now just fine but literally took 3 rewrites from scratch *verbatim*  before it randomly decided to start working and waiting on it's proper event-chain trigger to fire.  Literally did nothing but write from scratch, copying exactly, the existing event - then delete the old one and save and test.  And then there's the events that worked just fine until I added a brand new, unrelated quest chain into the larger overarching namespace...

TL:DR - if someone has a working "The validator" link I would massively appreciate it.

Here you go: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-validator-find-errors-quickly-and-with-minimal-pain.597480/   Last update was on the Jan 29, 2016.

Thanks for the link, but interestingly enough I get this error message =

Paradox Interactive Forums - Error

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

I did find a version (1.8) that finally did not error out, but unfortunately it is not catching any errors excepting 1 persistent one where it insists a specific usage of "=" is not literal.  I've already re-typed that one just in case but it's not a unique usage and is literally littered all over my code, so the fact that the validator just 'catches' this 'error' only in the one spot does not inspire great confidence.  I found a bracket matching plugin for notepad++ to be of more help - and frustration.  I found some unpaired brackets in the most recent events I've been testing and properly paired them up - and now the game is back to spitting me blank events despite the exact same event working correctly yesterday when I checked it (with apparently un-paired brackets and faulty events in place).  This game man...this freaking game...

Anyway, I'll eventually have this mini-mod ready for release, compatible with 2.4.5 for now until other things are cleaned up.

Thanks for the link, but interestingly enough I get this error message =

Paradox Interactive Forums - Error

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

I did find a version (1.8) that finally did not error out, but unfortunately it is not catching any errors excepting 1 persistent one where it insists a specific usage of "=" is not literal.  I've already re-typed that one just in case but it's not a unique usage and is literally littered all over my code, so the fact that the validator just 'catches' this 'error' only in the one spot does not inspire great confidence.  I found a bracket matching plugin for notepad++ to be of more help - and frustration.  I found some unpaired brackets in the most recent events I've been testing and properly paired them up - and now the game is back to spitting me blank events despite the exact same event working correctly yesterday when I checked it (with apparently un-paired brackets and faulty events in place).  This game man...this freaking game...

Anyway, I'll eventually have this mini-mod ready for release, compatible with 2.4.5 for now until other things are cleaned up.

That's because you must be logged in with a Paradox forum account, and you may even need to have CK2 associated with your account, depending on where in their forum it exists.

That is a mod I would very much like to see. An adult mod for CK2 without the fantasy elements.

The slavery mechanics, raping (If possible), and such would also be very welcome.

Mythos exists again, so if you keep this compatible with that, you could do just fine stripping out a good amount of the mythological content and people would still have a good option there.

Archived