[mod] [CK2] Dark World

dewguru

Hi,

I played this mod since september but I had to stop in december for my studies and I didn't played since a month. Today I wanted to update the mod (so much new content, it looks amazing!), although i receive an error message when I try to download the mod (tested with the two available versions). I'd love to know how I can download this awesome mod. (I currently have v1.16)

If you mean you can't download it from Loverslab, then you might check to see what your issue is there. It seems to work just fine for me at least - try using a different browser, perhaps?

Looks like a fantastic mod, but I'm having a problem- it's continually crashing to desktop at "Loading Events". I'm running version 2.4.5 (NFUF), all DLC enabled (and I mean all), but no other mods than this. Any suggestions?

edit: literally after I post this it starts working. Well, that's one way to fix it. 

A pondering...

Not saying I'm going to definitely do this, but I just had an idea about immortality. I've mentioned multiple times in the past that if the event code (which is different from console commands - so please don't offer that as a solution as it isn't) allowed for me to alter a character's age, that I would have used that instead of immortality, forcing a player to repeat a certain action in order to maintain their long life.

It dawned on me that I could do something very similar to that just by making immortality a temporary trait that will expire after x amount of time (probably a couple years) if a certain event that fuels it isn't revisited.

I'm not certain I want to deal with the potential balancing headache, as I wouldn't want it to become an annoyance, but it's an idea that I do find very enticing.

A pondering...

Not saying I'm going to definitely do this, but I just had an idea about immortality. I've mentioned multiple times in the past that if the event code (which is different from console commands - so please don't offer that as a solution as it isn't) allowed for me to alter a character's age, that I would have used that instead of immortality, forcing a player to repeat a certain action in order to maintain their long life.

It dawned on me that I could do something very similar to that just by making immortality a temporary trait that will expire after x amount of time (probably a couple years) if a certain event that fuels it isn't revisited.

I'm not certain I want to deal with the potential balancing headache, as I wouldn't want it to become an annoyance, but it's an idea that I do find very enticing.

The blood moon ritual could do that gives an intensive to keep doing it even after reaching level 7, but maybe on a longer timer like once every 3 years or lose the immortality, a character that have been granted it have to accept attending or they lose it as well (if handed out etc) and have the initial code check the realm for any with immortality and make sure they are invited to the ritual, if they refuse to attend (angry with ruler or any other reason) they lose their immortality and perhaps get a block that prevent them from having a new one put on them unless they attend a blood moon ritual again.

The block could easily apply to the player as well if timer runs out only way to remove it by blood moon ritual, A life for a life kinda thing :)

Sacrefice those pesky peasants so i can live forever!

This also add a new factor in to the game as long wars are not only taxing the public but it also put your immortality at risk :P and that again open for new options, wartime sacrifices kill an entire city village and label you a tyrant who said immortality did not come at a cost.

The wartime variant could even be the only option for an incubus to obtain its powers.

Women rule in peacetime, men in war!

The blood moon ritual could do that gives an intensive to keep doing it even after reaching level 7, but maybe on a longer timer like once every 3 years or lose the immortality, a character that have been granted it have to accept attending or they lose it as well (if handed out etc) and have the initial code check the realm for any with immortality and make sure they are invited to the ritual, if they refuse to attend (angry with ruler or any other reason) they lose their immortality and perhaps get a block that prevent them from having a new one put on them unless they attend a blood moon ritual again.

The block could easily apply to the player as well if timer runs out only way to remove it by blood moon ritual, A life for a life kinda thing :)

Sacrefice those pesky peasants so i can live forever!

This also add a new factor in to the game as long wars are not only taxing the public but it also put your immortality at risk :P and that again open for new options, wartime sacrifices kill an entire city village and label you a tyrant who said immortality did not come at a cost.

The wartime variant could even be the only option for an incubus to obtain its powers.

Women rule in peacetime, men in war!

Yes, that was my original vision for the Blood Moon and the ability to drain lovers, for both of them to offer life giving 'extensions' if you will, with the Blood Moon providing the larger bump between the two.

I've convinced myself to shelve the idea for the moment and stick to my recent list of priorities. It may well resurface again though, we'll see.

Hi,

I played this mod since september but I had to stop in december for my studies and I didn't played since a month. Today I wanted to update the mod (so much new content, it looks amazing!), although i receive an error message when I try to download the mod (tested with the two available versions). I'd love to know how I can download this awesome mod. (I currently have v1.16)

If you mean you can't download it from Loverslab, then you might check to see what your issue is there. It seems to work just fine for me at least - try using a different browser, perhaps?

Just did that (tried Firefox) and it worked ! Thank you very much ! (I don't know how I didn't think about that though...)

So I just came upon something. AFAIK you can only make succubus/incubus children if a succubus and an incubus are the ones making it. However, I have found something interesting.

The real father is a werewolf, and the incubus father thinks its his. Dunno if this is intentional, but it doesn't seem like it is. The pregnancy happened as a result of the werewolf courtier events where I used patrols to capture the normal werewolf and then went the succubus route and kept him as a pet.

edit: embedding the picture seems to break it after a few minutes. Have a link instead.

So I just came upon something. AFAIK you can only make succubus/incubus children if a succubus and an incubus are the ones making it. However, I have found something interesting.

The real father is a werewolf, and the incubus father thinks its his. Dunno if this is intentional, but it doesn't seem like it is. The pregnancy happened as a result of the werewolf courtier events where I used patrols to capture the normal werewolf and then went the succubus route and kept him as a pet.

edit: embedding the picture seems to break it after a few minutes. Have a link instead.

Not sure what you're referring to, but that's vanilla CK2 stuff. The spouse will think it's their child if the affair isn't discovered, or of the mother can convince him it is his child.

edit: http://imgur.com/EkLpCqI

Not sure what you're referring to, but that's vanilla CK2 stuff. The spouse will think it's their child if the affair isn't discovered, or of the mother can convince him it is his child.

edit: http://imgur.com/EkLpCqI

... what interface is that? I likey.

Yes I did, does the event end my game?

Yes. It's rare for them to end up in the player's court, but if they are, they've an event where they do a power play and take over the lands they're in.

I'll see about adding something that if they're in the player's court, that they'll leave and do their power play elsewhere.

so the new dlc got announced today... sounds fairly mod breaking. :/

Yes, I've been tracking it and I fully expect that it'll render a number of mods temporarily useless.

On the other hand, it's likely to open up some interesting new options once modders get the hang of it.  What possibilities might come once a vampire or succubus finds their way onto the council?  Can Lilithians educate their children to be Lustful?  A lot more work, obviously, but if you end up having the time to dabble with it when it's out, the results could be amazing.

Yes I did, does the event end my game?

Yes. It's rare for them to end up in the player's court, but if they are, they've an event where they do a power play and take over the lands they're in.

I'll see about adding something that if they're in the player's court, that they'll leave and do their power play elsewhere.

I actually fixed this myself for my current game/mod setup by adding a 5 year delay everytime the ancient's liege is player controlled:

if = {
limit = { liege = { ai = no } }
character_event = { id = [it's own ID] days = 1825 }
breaks = yes
}

insert it just above the abdicate-part and vlad/fenris will try again in 5 years if their direct liege is the player. i made both ancient traits immortal aswell, thus continous 5 year delays doesn't hurt them and i treat them as "normal" courtiers in granting land anyway, thus they might end up beneath a vassal of mine and replace this vassal eventually.

can't post the exact place to edit tihs in right now, wrong computer without ck2 installed

Archived