[mod] [CK2] Dark World

dewguru

Hey folks, wanted to let you know that a portion of my free time that I was putting towards this mod will now be getting diverted towards another project (not related to CK2).

I'll still be putting out content, I'm just uncertain what the exact release time frame impact will be on things, but we'll see.

Breaking my heart man.  Breaking my heart.  :P

Seriously though, I greatly enjoy this mod and hope you continue working on it.  

Curious what you'll be working on next though (even if not CK2).

Sorry to hear you'll be devoting less time to this Dewguru. The concept and execution have been great, along with a steady expansion. I have noticed a small problem with a Harley event though - with the werewolf start, but no other werewolves in court, the Harley+werewolf event appears to fire with no notification.  The net result appears to be a male ruler pregnant with his own pups! I am trying to puzzle out the event code, but would be grateful for any advice.

The Fall of Selene event seems to be broken.  It keeps repeating the same choice (dominate/kill) if I try to dominate her and if I choose kill, my character dies instead.

Still not working for me.  Does it matter if I was using the console to execute DWHunter.1010?

Same thing happens for me.

I see the reason for the repeated dominate. No idea why choosing to kill her, offs you instead, but breaking the loop may fix it so we'll see in the next release.

What is the (infinite) loop in that method for? I just commented it out and it seemed to work.

Oh, and thoughts about adding monster hunters and divine beings to the category of "people who don't automatically rescind their immortality past age 100" thing? (having them die off was annoying, so made changes on my end)

Jimshu, which part of the code did you comment out?

Heh.  While we're doing the whole 'do you plan to add' bit-- any further Harley shenanigans in the works?  Also, thank you for all your creative works spicing up crusader kings-- believe it or not I hadn't actually played the game until dabbling with this mod a little while back.  Good discovery. 

More is indeed planned for Harley, just not in v1.24 that'll be coming out late tonight.

One of the Harley events she has fun with my werewolf courtier. She screams 'I'm making puppies. I've always wanted puppies!'(or words to that effect), but is there a pregnancy trigger attached to this event? 

Just had the event again with a pregnancy. I had 6 events with out before this without. She must have really wanted them puppies. Just a shame it took her 30 years. Shes now 57!

Great Mod! 

Sorry to hear you'll be devoting less time to this Dewguru. The concept and execution have been great, along with a steady expansion. I have noticed a small problem with a Harley event though - with the werewolf start, but no other werewolves in court, the Harley+werewolf event appears to fire with no notification.  The net result appears to be a male ruler pregnant with his own pups! I am trying to puzzle out the event code, but would be grateful for any advice.

Sounds like somehow the code failed to filter out that you shouldn't count towards the werewolf check, pulled you in somehow still, and then proceeded to fail spectacularly.

I've made a change, instead of ai = yes (which normally ensures it's an npc and not the player) in the trigger, I'm use a NOT = { character = ROOT } which means that the random werewolf can be anyone other than you. Let's see if it handles that better than the ai = yes in the next patch.

One of the Harley events she has fun with my werewolf courtier. She screams 'I'm making puppies. I've always wanted puppies!'(or words to that effect), but is there a pregnancy trigger attached to this event? 

Just had the event again with a pregnancy. I had 6 events with out before this without. She must have really wanted them puppies. Just a shame it took her 30 years. Shes now 57!

Great Mod! 

Thanks for the kind words.

Glad she finally got her chance to have puppies. :)

So, I have a couple of questions, based on stuff I read here and a pair of mods I've seen on other websites I frequent;

1)  Is there any option for creation and management of slaves?  If so, how do I access this?

2)  There's a mod being developed in FutanariPalace.com that has a bunch of features I don't think are in this one.  I'm going to copy-paste the summary here for general perusal, under a spoiler tag (the thread is titled "Let's Make A Futanari Mod");

Current features you can play with right now:

• Added the Futanari trait. This trait can be selected in the Ruler Designer for free, and provides some minor boosts to attributes. Futanari have a positive relationship bonus between each other. But "traditional" organized religions don't like them.
  • Added Futanari Birth Events so female children can inherit the futanari trait from their parents. The first daughter born will always get this trait. But each additional futanari sibling will make it less likely to be inherited.
  • Added the Futanari Worship religious group. This is to allow all futanari related religions to have the smaller "religious differences" disposition while treating other religions as infidels.
  • Added a County Conquest casus belli for realms that practice futanari worship. This can target any neighboring county that practices a different religion. There's an upfront piety cost to do it. Winning will allow you to usurp the county title and any baronies who's leaders don't practice your religion. Declaring a white peace will cost you prestige, and losing will cost prestige, piety, and force you to pay a gold concession. After hostilities, the resulting truce will expire in 5 years.
  • Added the Futanarian religion. Has a basic theme of a moon high goddess, a supporting terra god, and an evil sun god. Gameplay wise it supports matrilineal marriages (so futanari rulers can continue their dynasty) and allows women to hold landed titles and not get opinion penalties. Doesn't yet have any holy sites defined, so you might run into some trouble keeping religious authority high enough to ward off rebellions. And since it doesn't exist on the map, you'll need to spend time converting your holdings to this religion.
  • Modified Succession Laws to unlock enatic succession (only women can inherit) if the ruler is female, and enatic-cognatic (men can inherit only if there's no eligible female) if the realm is feudal based and either the ruler has the futanari trait or their religion is in the Futanari Worship group.
  • Added Passive Futanari Worship Conversion, so that any character who shares court with a futanari that practices futanari worship might get converted on their own. Futanari who are attractive, gregarious, and have high piety are more likely to succeed, but they'll need to have a good opinion with a character for it to work.
  • Added the Convert to Futanari Worship decision that will summon a Futanarian faithful that will offer to convert the player. This way players can jump into the futanari content when they feel ready.
  • Added a Call Cleric to Court action for futanari worshipers so they can bring additional characters with a learning education to their court. Similar to the Invite Holy Man action this costs 5 piety. But this character has a chance to be female, and a high state learning score can give this character boosts to their learning score too.
  • Added the Summon Futanari decision that allows futanari worshipers to bring a futanari character to their realm. This costs 100 piety to attempt and can take anywhere from one to six weeks to resolve. Futanari characters and those with high piety have a chance to complete the summons early and get part of the piety investment refunded.
  • Added the Transform Into Futanari targeted action that can be used on your spouse, lovers, or concubines. This uses the same mechanic of costing 100 piety and taking one to six weeks. You'll need to have a good opinion with the target first.
  • Added the Celebrate New Moon Festival decision to assist Futanarian followers in establishing the faith in their realm. You will need to have a Futanarian appointed as your spiritual adviser on the council to unlock this decision. For a moderate gold cost, your spiritual adviser will introduce and initiate the people of your capital province in the Futanarian faith. The festival takes 30 days, at which your capital province will become Futanarian. During the festival there's a chance your courtiers and vassals will convert to Futanarian if your spiritual adviser has a high learning stat.

Planned features that I'm actively working on:

• Add events to allow futanari characters to have children to carry on their dynasty without having to marry. This will involve adding some triggered events so a futanari player can ask someone to become lovers, and some random events so npc characters can ask futanari players to become lovers. Then we'll need some events so that intermittently lovers can ask to woohoo (or the player can instigate) which can lead to pregnancy.

Future features that are on the drawing board that need to be fleshed out, and may or may not happen:

• Still need to work out how holy sites are going to work with Futanarism. I'd like to make futanari characters viable for play in any region, so I don't want players to feel forced to start in a specific location just to secure holy sites.
  • Need a way to help secure alliances with other realms and make diplomacy more interesting. Since Futanarism is its own religion group, other rulers won't agree to any marriages since they consider futanari worshipers infidels. Adding a Sympathy for Futanari Worshippers trait that negates the infidel penalty and devising a mechanism to give it to characters outside of your realm would help.
  • Add a religious head to the Futanarian faith that the player can create when they reach King level or above. This character plays a similar role to the Pope, allowing you to exchange piety for various perks.
  • Add additional festivals to allow the player to exchange gold for piety. These festivals can have their own random events that pop up, like attracting more Futanarian characters to your court, spawning Futanarian warrior clerics, and having your character fall in love with members of your court. 

3)  Is there a record of the various events and event IDs that are included in the Dark World Mod? 

Last night I had a rather fun game where I started as Dobrova Turov and made her into a werewolf.  I then proceeded to build up this massive inbred werewolf clan.  Even though Fenris was in diplomatic range, I failed at getting him to breed my ruler since he was far enough away as to keep triggering the distance limiter.  Things got really interesting when Debrova died and her son took over.  Not only was he constantly breeding his sisters and their children and eventually their grandchildren, I was making sure he was taking every chance he could at the 14 or so female prisoners I had.  Sadly, in the end, a !@#$%ing Catholic Nomad took over and eventually unlanded the family line.  Same guy also conquered poor Fenris.

Some observations (not necessarily bugs or problems):

• Fenris’s human daughters didn’t have the werewolf bitch flag.
  • Not having the Lilithian faith definitely decreased the enjoyment of starting with a female ruler.
  • I really missed having succubus seduction and spells, but damn it was fun being werewolves.
  • Staying tribal decreases the additional buildings you can have.
  • Monster Hunting bitches will hunt & kill their own monstrous children.
  • I have yet to see a male elf be born, but when I do…!  Gotta breed them up.
  • Werewolves should never get married and instead just legitimize their bastards.

I think in order to play the way I want, I need to start with a succubus who breeds with werewolves and hopefully I can somehow get a female werewolf heir who is also a succubus.  I’ll try for that tonight.  :)

Some observations (not necessarily bugs or problems):
  • Not having the Lilithian faith definitely decreased the enjoyment of starting with a female ruler.
  • I have yet to see a male elf be born, but when I do…!  Gotta breed them up.

You can always go for Catharite or Messalian. The former is easy to generate as a Catholic - just assign your chaplain to research culture, and wait for him to formulate the Catharite heresy.

The latter is a little trickier, as Nestorians (its base religion) are few and far between, but still possible with a bit of work depending on where you start out.

Also, Male Elves can be born - it's just difficult. I don't know if there's something in the scripts or settings, or just simple luck, but I was definitely getting far more female children than male in my 1.23 playthrough where I was trying to establish a breeding line of elves.

I don't know that I'll ever try it again though - it's difficult enough now to keep a succubus line going, for that matter in 1.24, without trying to breed Elves in - would be nice if we had more options for the summons, but oh well. :)

Curious what you'll be working on next though (even if not CK2).

Oooh, story time!

So, I play video games to pass my time. And I enjoy adult focused games. I happened upon genericlogin's Christianity mod and it was definitely enjoyable and got me to thinking of various ideas. Alas, I wasn't planning on doing a mod myself.

However, a friend who I was supposed to be working on a project with, had work issues that left him unable to devout the time to get things started. So I had free time and decided to start dabbling, and soon after, Dark World the mod was born.

Now, here we are several months later and that friend now has stability in his life again and last week we resumed work on our project. I'll probably still be adding things to Dark World over time, as it gives me a nice little creative outlet, and I've enjoyed most of what I've done so far, and I like hearing the odd situations people find themselves in sometimes as the mod and vanilla game step through the years.

Now, the thing I'm working on has a low chance of success at this point, as it will be the first time either one of us as tried a commercial release of anything. It'll be adult oriented, and I've some concept work to do so we can see what direction we may go with things. In this project, my friend will be doing the bulk of the content writing, and I'll be doing the coding. He's had non-adult works published in the past and some success as an entrepreneur, and I've had many development projects go to implementation, so we've success in our fields, but this is a bit new for both of us.

Our plan started easily enough. I asked him if he'd be interested in letting me take one of his novels and make it into a choose your own adventure type program like those that have a niche on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/304290/

Somehow that grew into a discussion of a lack of story driven adult based games, and then this great idea to try and right that wrong. We actually have grandiose ideas, but we're aiming small initially. See if things are viable, or if we've the knack to pull it off. Worst case, it'll educate us on somethings and improve our skills in some areas. And if it fails, we'll determine if we just need to change some things in order to be successful or not.

We'd never know, if we don't try.

I don't know that I'll ever try it again though - it's difficult enough now to keep a succubus line going, for that matter in 1.24, without trying to breed Elves in - would be nice if we had more options for the summons, but oh well. :)

Present plans, subject (and likely) to change.

• Expand the Play with my Fairy content
  • Add a hunt decision for werewolves
  • Add a prowl decision for vampires
  • Add some incubus material
  • Update Blood Moon
  • Add spells (additional summons are planned)
  • Update Succubus Seduction
  • Update Feral Werewolf event
  • Update Claire event
  • Update the Monster Hunters and some of their quests
  • Remove some content that I'll honestly likely never get back around to expanding on (educating a young woman being the main one that comes to mind)
  • Add more post slavery specializations and events / decisions to utilize some of them
  • Wizards
  • Arena
  • Stables

All this WON'T be in the next patch, but the above is what I've identified as my priorities, and roughly in priority order. I'm considering putting out patches as content pieces come together, making them smaller but still likely to hit every two weeks or so.

Some things will be mixed in as I work in those parts. For example, I'll be reading and seeing where I can include futa's in male specific events that seem like it could work based on the descriptive text - like what zippy pointed out. If I think it'll fit, I'll add futa to the check, if I don't think it will, I'll leave it out. End result should be a little more immersion on that front.

Oh, awesome. :) And definitely good luck on the new project - you certainly have done a pretty good job with the writing I've seen in Dark World at least.

As far as the education of a young woman event, yeah, that one probably could go. It also tends to be a little spammy. If anything, you could probably just switch it into an event similar to the "discovery of child on maturity" one, but that only triggers for a lustful character maybe. That is, rather than have it be a really involved event, just have it give you a chance/choice to screw them (and maybe take them for a lover) or the like. That's what I'd suggest, at least, though probably would be fine to just dump it anyway.

Speaking of the Blood Moon, one thing I'd like to see in that would be random sexual trysts (or the option to engage in them), to the point that some people might end up with new lovers (or choice to at least), and possible pregnancies, between random participants.

• Werewolves should never get married and instead just legitimize their bastards.

That's what I ended up doing. :P

Gavelkind can't fuck up my carefully-conquered empire if I only have one legitimate child!

Good luck on your new adventure, dewguru!

Is there any chance you could sneak in futanari pregnancy before you move on? Female-Female marriages are sort of pointless without it. :)

And I was looking forward to the 'sexual education' part. Not got it to fire, but only been playing for 3 hours.

I was thinking that your ward would become your lover in time. Maybe after 4 events, one triggered every birthday you give her a special present :)

Maybe stop the event if they get married. Maybe get an 'Expert Lover' trait on completion for both.

But if you've not the time I totally understand. This was good so I'm looking forward to your other project. 

• Stables

I have been writing a lot of incubus material that you might like, but none of it is really done yet and some may go off in a different direction than what you envision.  Still, if you like it, you can have it.

More horseplay stuff.  Yay!  Maybe even centaurs.  ;)

One thing I sort of wanted to add was a way to send out missionaries to proselytize - either versus the pagans, or against the others. There's already an existing series of events in the game - Event 39600 in events/religious_events.txt of vanilla starts the decision (it's the one you sometimes see when a catholic comes to your pagan land to preach), but it's triggered only, and I haven't been able to find what the trigger is.

One thing I sort of wanted to add was a way to send out missionaries to proselytize - either versus the pagans, or against the others. There's already an existing series of events in the game - Event 39600 in events/religious_events.txt of vanilla starts the decision (it's the one you sometimes see when a catholic comes to your pagan land to preach), but it's triggered only, and I haven't been able to find what the trigger is.

39600 is fired by 39650 which has a primary trigger of "has_job_action = action_inquisition" which looks to be added by "\common\job_titles\00_job_titles.txt".  Also the file "job_lord_spiritual.txt" has some stuff triggered by action_inquisition.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: "\common\job_actions\00_job_actions.txt" contains the actual trigger requirements for the ability itself and triggers the 900 series of events.

• Stables

I have been writing a lot of incubus material that you might like, but none of it is really done yet and some may go off in a different direction than what you envision.  Still, if you like it, you can have it.

More horseplay stuff.  Yay!  Maybe even centaurs.   ;)

I've got to admit that in our side conversations where you asked me questions and I fleshed out my views on incubus in Dark World has been a great help in giving me some clarity in what I'd like to do.

I'd be willing to take a look at what you've got to see what fits for incorporating. Shoot me a PM on it if you'd like.

Hope that helps.

Yes, that does - thanks! I'll see about working something up for that.

On an unrelated note, I witnessed something odd with Fenris. He took over a kingdom, had a bunch of kids, who were werewolves as expected (some with custom portraits). He died, one of them succeeded him, and got married, had a bunch of kids... none of whom were werewolves, bitches, or omega anything. It was entirely weird, like nothing fired at all.

Incidentally, they had converted to Sunni somewhere along the way, though I'm not sure if that factors in at all.

Hope that helps.

Yes, that does - thanks! I'll see about working something up for that.

On an unrelated note, I witnessed something odd with Fenris. He took over a kingdom, had a bunch of kids, who were werewolves as expected (some with custom portraits). He died, one of them succeeded him, and got married, had a bunch of kids... none of whom were werewolves, bitches, or omega anything. It was entirely weird, like nothing fired at all.

Incidentally, they had converted to Sunni somewhere along the way, though I'm not sure if that factors in at all.

I think something is wrong with trait inheritance as well.  My succubus married off her incubus son and succubus daughter to each other.  She died and I eventually ended up playing the son.  When he finally had a kid with his sister the kid is not an incubus.  I verified the real father was him too.

I've got to admit that in our side conversations where you asked me questions and I fleshed out my views on incubus in Dark World has been a great help in giving me some clarity in what I'd like to do.

I'd be willing to take a look at what you've got to see what fits for incorporating. Shoot me a PM on it if you'd like.

It thrills me to know that I've inspired you to work on the incubus some more.  I've sent you a couple of things I have been doing with them.  I've got some more stuff in progress I'll send you when it is in better condition.  :)

Sounds like somehow the code failed to filter out that you shouldn't count towards the werewolf check, pulled you in somehow still, and then proceeded to fail spectacularly.

I've made a change, instead of ai = yes (which normally ensures it's an npc and not the player) in the trigger, I'm use a NOT = { character = ROOT } which means that the random werewolf can be anyone other than you. Let's see if it handles that better than the ai = yes in the next patch.

Thanks for taking that on board. Similar problems may happen in other events (Selene et al), so I'll keep you informed of anything I happen across.  Again thank you for the great mod.

Hi,

I played this mod since september but I had to stop in december for my studies and I didn't played since a month. Today I wanted to update the mod (so much new content, it looks amazing!), although i receive an error message when I try to download the mod (tested with the two available versions). I'd love to know how I can download this awesome mod. (I currently have v1.16)

Archived