[mod] [CK2] Dark World

dewguru

One note about slaves/slave training - once you decide to keep the slave (as opposed to selling them) is there anything you can do with them? So far they seem to just get branded and... nothing. They're just another courtier?

Also - the dialogue options on the cocksucking training seem odd - two choices show up, one of which has text (something about swallowing), the other has the target slave portrait, but is completely missing any text - though only the second leads to the slave having to suck your cock.

If I had to guess about the Claire bit, maybe look at how the game normally handles peasant/etc rebellions? It might not be something you can use, but it defintely seems like CK2 insists on creating each rebellion as a "title" itself that goes away after the war is over. There should be some way to replicate that, at least I'd think.

Yeah, I tried doing that. Straight copied both the Religious Revolt, Old Gods title-less adventure, and one other that I can't think of at the moment. None of them worked when trying to set them to an existing character (which seemed like it would be a simple Owner field from what I read).

I've a few ideas though to still try, I just really needed to set it aside, because it was driving me insane.

One note about slaves/slave training - once you decide to keep the slave (as opposed to selling them) is there anything you can do with them? So far they seem to just get branded and... nothing. They're just another courtier?

Also - the dialogue options on the cocksucking training seem odd - two choices show up, one of which has text (something about swallowing), the other has the target slave portrait, but is completely missing any text - though only the second leads to the slave having to suck your cock.

Yeah, the slave training still has a lot more that needs to be done with it. I probably put it out too soon and should have held onto it for another week or two while I continued to work on it.

I suppose I just feel like I'm running out of time, because I've a week of vacation coming in a month (when I won't be with an Internet connection), and I won't be working on this once Fallout 4 hits in November.

I'll take a look at the dialog bit.

on the Claire bit, I had an interesting Event Chain happen to me. Of all things, the Joan of Arc Events happened! gives me a bit of an idea... Say one such character comes to being that way maybe claire arrives in similar fashion to "Coax" the avatar of Lilith to go change her ways in similar fashion?

on the Claire bit, I had an interesting Event Chain happen to me. Of all things, the Joan of Arc Events happened! gives me a bit of an idea... Say one such character comes to being that way maybe claire arrives in similar fashion to "Coax" the avatar of Lilith to go change her ways in similar fashion?

I've never had the Joan of Arc event trigger, so I don't know everything it does, but I will say that Claire isn't automatically an enemy. She simply wishes to see your ruler change her ways by rebuking Lilith and Lucifer. How you go about dealing with her will impact the response you get from Claire.

What I like about this mod is you have a great framework for various ideas someone can build on to make their own mod -- a generated NPC (Harley), custom religion, event quest line (Succubus), random events, and custom traits.

When I ever get the chance, I was thinking of making a big random event mod with various sexually explicit "choose your own adventure" options. Similar to the "Merry Men" quest line, involving Robin Hood. Ideally, the random events would be based on context too, so if your character was imprisoned, certain events would fire off. I don't even know if it's all possible, due to any limitations I don't know about, but it sounds like it'd be fun to work on.

What I like about this mod is you have a great framework for various ideas someone can build on to make their own mod -- a generated NPC (Harley), custom religion, event quest line (Succubus), random events, and custom traits.

When I ever get the chance, I was thinking of making a big random event mod with various sexually explicit "choose your own adventure" options. Similar to the "Merry Men" quest line, involving Robin Hood. Ideally, the random events would be based on context too, so if your character was imprisoned, certain events would fire off. I don't even know if it's all possible, due to any limitations I don't know about, but it sounds like it'd be fun to work on.

Thank you for the kind words.

It definitely is possible, especially if you're open to using a custom on_actions. The only reason why I don't use it more heavily, is because I understand it can be a large cause for mod incompatibility when combined with other mods that use custom on_actions.

I've started using some, and I'm on the verge of saying 'screw it' and using them a lot more heavily. There are ways to mimic the on_actions events, but they're definitely not as reliable.

If it turns out well, hopefully the Claire events will be another example that someone can use to bring another idea of their own to life.

Yeah, the slave training still has a lot more that needs to be done with it. I probably put it out too soon and should have held onto it for another week or two while I continued to work on it.

I suppose I just feel like I'm running out of time, because I've a week of vacation coming in a month (when I won't be with an Internet connection), and I won't be working on this once Fallout 4 hits in November.

I'll take a look at the dialog bit.

No worries - I can definitely understand the time crunch! Just figured I'd point things out where I can.

Also seemed like some of the events were less described, like how two of the other training options (vaginal, anal) didn't seem to have anything associated with them, just the success/failure result.

No worries - I can definitely understand the time crunch! Just figured I'd point things out where I can.

Also seemed like some of the events were less described, like how two of the other training options (vaginal, anal) didn't seem to have anything associated with them, just the success/failure result.

Yea speaking of which, I'm confused how to most effectively train someone. Right now, I'm just spamming a variety of training options, hoping a slave who can do multiple things is better than one who can only do one thing very well, but maybe this isn't the best approach?

I think one thing that hurts the system is there's no percentage of success or failure when hovering over the options. It would be cool to see that so the player can follow along with the slave's progression and know when to take the plunge on some of the tougher options requiring more training to succeed without breaking the slave.

What's seemed to work for me is just cycling through the different options until they're done, usually with 4 of the 5 completed. Repeating the same one doesn't seem to be enough, at that.

Of course, we could always look at the event script text, but that takes some of the fun out of it. :)

I've never had the Joan of Arc event trigger, so I don't know everything it does, but I will say that Claire isn't automatically an enemy. She simply wishes to see your ruler change her ways by rebuking Lilith and Lucifer. How you go about dealing with her will impact the response you get from Claire.

The event spawns a Courtier pretty much with unique events involving said courtier

Yea speaking of which, I'm confused how to most effectively train someone. Right now, I'm just spamming a variety of training options, hoping a slave who can do multiple things is better than one who can only do one thing very well, but maybe this isn't the best approach?

I think one thing that hurts the system is there's no percentage of success or failure when hovering over the options. It would be cool to see that so the player can follow along with the slave's progression and know when to take the plunge on some of the tougher options requiring more training to succeed without breaking the slave.

Yeah, on those that have follow-up events that fire, it should let you know if the training is something that is better for someone who is new or someone who is experienced.

The follow-up events for the training didn't make it in, which is because I bowed to the requests to release it early. It'll be in v0.70 where I come back around and do the clean-up on the rest of the training events. I'm thinking about also including a visual identifier, where instead of using a flag, that I'll have a modifier, not unlike the Succubus stage, so you can see what level your slave may be in a specific training.

v0.60 Status update

Planned release: this weekend, either September 19th or 20th

Current change log:

v0.60
    - Added awakening of Claire at Succubus stage 7
    - Tweaked: Reduced an issue that allowed you to obtain a second Harley upon ruler death, now it won't happen as long as the original is still the court jester
    - Tweaked: Harley's event frequency increased (was every 10 months, now every 720 days or ~ two years.)    
    - Tweaked: Harley has a chance to get knocked up during the guard gang-bang
    - Tweaked: If a Slave is kept, they receive a positive opinion of their master due to the brainwashing
    - Tweaked: Set a minimum age for a slave (6 years old). Note: Sex Slave training requires a slave to be an adult.
    - Fixed: Exploit that allowed rulers to squeeze in two Blood Moons a year.
    - Fixed: Futa children now get their dick sizes upon becoming adults
    - Fixed: Harley should only swallow adult swords now
    - Added: ReMeDy's custom image solution (images for Claire, Harley)
    - Added: Another random Harley event

Hey im having a problem with the mod. Whenever i load up and unpause eventually a text box opens up which is completely blank, and if i try move it a new one will appear behind it, making infinite blank text boxes. The traits like small dick and stuff are there, this seems to be the only problem. My version is 2.3.3 because the new update makes my shitty pc crash due to the added features. 

post-865379-0-91377500-1442251830_thumb.png

Hey im having a problem with the mod. Whenever i load up and unpause eventually a text box opens up which is completely blank, and if i try move it a new one will appear behind it, making infinite blank text boxes. The traits like small dick and stuff are there, this seems to be the only problem. My version is 2.3.3 because the new update makes my shitty pc crash due to the added features. 

I'm sorry to hear about your problem. Unfortunately I'm not going to be of much help, as I don't offer support for old versions. I only provide assistance for that which I can recreate - and since I'm running the current version, I'm unable to help you on this specific issue.

I also regret to say that those who've experienced the same issue have only found it works properly when updating to one of the 2.4x versions of CK2.

I'm sorry to hear about your problem. Unfortunately I'm not going to be of much help, as I don't offer support for old versions. I only provide assistance for that which I can recreate - and since I'm running the current version, I'm unable to help you on this specific issue.

I also regret to say that those who've experienced the same issue have only found it works properly when updating to one of the 2.4x versions of CK2.

Alright, in that case ill just upgrade versions. I can probably find a way to run it, thanks for the help anyways

Alright, odds are this is what the final v0.60 release change log will look like:

v0.60
    - Added: Awakening of Claire events at Succubus stage 7 (should happen after ~ 300 days)
    - Added: Obtain an Incubus courtier event after Succubus stage 7 (should happen after ~ 600 days)
    - Added: Feral Werewolf event (random chance to trigger once a decade)
    - Added: When a Succubus and Incubus make a child, the child will always be one or the other
    - Added: Monster Hunter trait
    - Tweaked: Reduced an issue that allowed you to obtain a second Harley upon ruler death, now it won't happen as long as the original is still the court jester
    - Tweaked: Harley's event frequency increased (was every 10 months, now every 720 days or ~ two years.)    
    - Tweaked: If a Slave is kept, they receive a positive opinion of their master due to the brainwashing
    - Tweaked: Set a minimum age for a slave (6 years old). Note: Sex Slave training requires a slave to be an adult.

I'm now going to focus on fleshing the events that were added out some more over the remaining days before releasing it this weekend.

This update may introduce a new mod requirement, as ReMeDy's custom image solution hooks into content made available from some of the additional portrait pack DLC's. I'll try and avoid triggering the incompatibility for those who don't have the additional portrait packs, but I make no promises that the requirement will be fully avoided. (ReMeDy's been sharing some insights on trying to make things as compatible as possible - so if it's working fine for you - please take the time to give ReMeDy a shout out as well)

Also, I'm beginning to hook into the on_actions events, which raises potential compatibility conflicts with other mods that also use it. If you think you experience one, let me know so I can update the incompatibility listing - plus, depending on my interest in the mod, I may make a compatibility patch.

This update may introduce a new mod requirement, as ReMeDy's custom image solution hooks into content made available from some of the additional portrait pack DLC's. I'll try and avoid triggering the incompatibility for those who don't have the additional portrait packs, but I make no promises that the requirement will be fully avoided. (ReMeDy's been sharing some insights on trying to make things as compatible as possible - so if it's working fine for you - please take the time to give ReMeDy a shout out as well)

I have no issue with that, Since I kinda had to buy all the portrait DLCs for the Anime Portraits mod.

Alright, odds are this is what the final v0.60 release change log will look like:

v0.60

- Added: Awakening of Claire events at Succubus stage 7 (should happen after ~ 300 days)

- Added: Obtain an Incubus courtier event after Succubus stage 7 (should happen after ~ 600 days)

- Added: When a Succubus and Incubus make a child, the child will always be one or the other

I'm now going to focus on fleshing the events that were added out some more over the remaining days before releasing it this weekend.

Also, I'm beginning to hook into the on_actions events, which raises potential compatibility conflicts with other mods that also use it. If you think you experience one, let me know so I can update the incompatibility listing - plus, depending on my interest in the mod, I may make a compatibility patch.

you wont have to make a patch because the on_actions are merged, so you should remove what is already in vanilla on_actions

from what i could tell you are making alot of events trigger more then once, once from vanilla and once from your not

v0.60

you wont have to make a patch because the on_actions are merged, so you should remove what is already in vanilla on_actions

from what i could tell you are making alot of events trigger more then once, once from vanilla and once from your not

That conflicts with what is stated here: http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Modding

It specifically says "For a given on_action, the vanilla events (if any) must be duplicated, otherwise they would be overridden."

Other large scale mods that I've used which included on_actions as well have always followed the above rule and included the vanilla events for their specific actions as well.

If that has changed. I've searched around and haven't found evidence of that being the case though, and when I take a look at major mods that do a lot of on_actions additions, they also copied over the vanilla files. If you've a source, I'd appreciate it, otherwise I'm not going to sweat it because I've noticed zero impact.

common/on_actions [?] Merge Since patch 2.4 on_actions are merged, with new events being added to the previous list for a particular on_action, instead of replacing the list.

thats exactly what it says

idk why other mods are doing it

Ah, nice. I know that not everything impacted by 2.4 has rippled through the wiki yet, so it's interesting to know.

I have to admit to not having played many mods other than my own since 2.4. :) I wonder how many have adjusted.

it works for mine and dewguru's i did a test to make sure all events fire right 

and yes i changed yours so it wasing adding all of them, just thought you guys should know

lmao accidental self impregnation

common/on_actions [?] Merge Since patch 2.4 on_actions are merged, with new events being added to the previous list for a particular on_action, instead of replacing the list.

thats exactly what it says

idk why other mods are doing it

I remember seeing that in a change note, but when I tried to do it in the Christianity Mod it didn't actually work.

ill run a test on yours so i can find out if it works for yours :)

Archived