[mod] [CK2] Dark World

dewguru

You could always just give us what you got Sunday & then update it later, cuz you know I'd like to try out the new stuff :P

I could probably swing that. I have to admit, I get some good ideas on tweaking things from feedback that folks leave. If it can run without breaking anything, I'll see about posting it and slapping a disclaimer/warning on it.

Some other mods use the last (4th choice) as the "next set of choice" and when the lists end, the last will be "back to most front page".

This way it's possible to "mimic" a more than 4 choices in the event decision.

I think one of them is "Ruler Designer Unlock" mod.

There's a trait that allow you to spawn gold, piety, etc.

And the "Retinue spawn" use this system.

Some other mods use the last (4th choice) as the "next set of choice" and when the lists end, the last will be "back to most front page".

This way it's possible to "mimic" a more than 4 choices in the event decision.

I think one of them is "Ruler Designer Unlock" mod.

There's a trait that allow you to spawn gold, piety, etc.

And the "Retinue spawn" use this system.

Yeah, I'm doing something like that with the shopping option, but my intent is to limit that as much as possible. In cases where I've five options, I'm more likely to trim one. It'll also likely appear in Slave training way down the road as more events get added for training options, so when I can avoid it, I do.

The only problem is when things like that involve multiple people. I've already got some FROMFROMFROM tracking going on, which is the limit without getting more fancy to my understanding.

I discovered this mod this week and I will keep using it !

I have seen something that could be fixed about some decisions. I've built Bordello, Exotic Emporium and Arena in my duchy of Brittany. However, decisions linked to theses buildings were visibles but a condition was missing linked to the localisation of the building.

I opened your files linked to decisions and I fixed it by replacing location by capital_holding

Now it worked fine since I have these buildings in my capital.

Well, it's just a proposition but I think it should be fixed.

I have seen something that could be fixed about some decisions. I've built Bordello, Exotic Emporium and Arena in my duchy of Brittany. However, decisions linked to theses buildings were visibles but a condition was missing linked to the localisation of the building.

I opened your files linked to decisions and I fixed it by replacing location by capital_holding

I don't know. location goes off of where you're at. So if you're traveling about with your army, I don't think you should be able to go shopping or visit the brothel back home.

And with a future update, who the brothel pulls in as potential clients will change as well, so if you're from Iceland, and you find yourself raiding someplace in France that has a brothel, you should be able to visit it and experience french flesh instead of those from back home.

Of course, I could be totally misunderstanding what you're saying. :)

are there any plans to add a way to have sex directly whit your husband/lovers whitout killing them?

What are you doing right now that kills them? If you're talking about the Succubus line, as long as you opt not to drain via decision, then they shouldn't be dying by your hand.

the idea was to be able to have targeted sex whit them whitout killing them

It isn't meant to do that. The game handles you getting busy with your spouse and lovers without my mod. I'm not looking to add functionality that already exists when I can help it.

I think the problem with assassins is just nearly everyone has them. Nearly everyone has a assassin guild.

Can you fix it so assassins are harder to get, so you have to pay them.

Also can you fix whore system, my daughters keep becoming whores. Flooding my dynasty with bastards.

Assassin tweaks have already been discussed. Look back over some of the recent threads.

Are you also running the Christianity mod by chance? That mod seems to make it extremely easy to generate whores. I've actually had folks say they think my mod doesn't generate enough of them. Which means that I'm unlikely to change it much since where it presently is at is right in the middle of folks communicated desires.

the idea was to be able to have targeted sex whit them whitout killing them

It isn't meant to do that. The game handles you getting busy with your spouse and lovers without my mod. I'm not looking to add functionality that already exists when I can help it.

I think the problem with assassins is just nearly everyone has them. Nearly everyone has a assassin guild.

Can you fix it so assassins are harder to get, so you have to pay them.

Also can you fix whore system, my daughters keep becoming whores. Flooding my dynasty with bastards.

Assassin tweaks have already been discussed. Look back over some of the recent threads.

Are you also running the Christianity mod by chance? That mod seems to make it extremely easy to generate whores. I've actually had folks say they think my mod doesn't generate enough of them. Which means that I'm unlikely to change it much since where it presently is at is right in the middle of folks communicated desires.

No I am not running that mod.

I just don't think that very high nobles should become whores, it just seems wrong unless they have money problems.

Also becoming a whore means it is very hard to get any heirs because they keep getting pregnant.

Can you make a decision to ask whores to stop being whores?

I don't know. location goes off of where you're at. So if you're traveling about with your army, I don't think you should be able to go shopping or visit the brothel back home.

And with a future update, who the brothel pulls in as potential clients will change as well, so if you're from Iceland, and you find yourself raiding someplace in France that has a brothel, you should be able to visit it and experience french flesh instead of those from back home.

Of course, I could be totally misunderstanding what you're saying. :)

are there any plans to add a way to have sex directly whit your husband/lovers whitout killing them?

What are you doing right now that kills them? If you're talking about the Succubus line, as long as you opt not to drain via decision, then they shouldn't be dying by your hand.

Ok, I see why you coded it this way. My character is the spymaster, that's why i travel where the AI wants and I can't go shopping or visit my brothel.

I have another question, it's something I'm trying to change but I don't find a good solution :

attractive traits are useless after 45 for women (65 for men). It's configured in the defines.lua file but I think that a succubus should break this limitation and keep some sex appeal after 45. She is not old as quickly as an ordinary character after all ;).

Is it possible to keep sex appeal effect after 45 for characters with a specific trait ?

No I am not running that mod.

I just don't think that very high nobles should become whores, it just seems wrong unless they have money problems.

Also becoming a whore means it is very hard to get any heirs because they keep getting pregnant.

Can you make a decision to ask whores to stop being whores?

No to the decision to ask a whore to stop being a whore. It sounds like you're looking for more realism than this mod is intended to provide. I did make a change while doing some clean-up to fix the pregnancy spamming issue that whoring could cause, but right now I don't see what you're experiencing as an issue.

Note: pregnancy spamming fix attempt is part of the v0.50 update that is coming soon. If you're seeing insane numbers of bastards, it's more like due to you having had successfully triggered the rare glitch.

Ok, I see why you coded it this way. My character is the spymaster, that's why i travel where the AI wants and I can't go shopping or visit my brothel.

I have another question, it's something I'm trying to change but I don't find a good solution :

attractive traits are useless after 45 for women (65 for men). It's configured in the defines.lua file but I think that a succubus should break this limitation and keep some sex appeal after 45. She is not old as quickly as an ordinary character after all ;).

Is it possible to keep sex appeal effect after 45 for characters with a specific trait ?

I agree with you on not being a fan of sex appeal waning with age. The challenge is I'm looking to avoid messing with the defines.lua as that's the file that is most often impacted when a new patch or release comes out and can lead to incompatibility more than most other things I'm doing.

What I might be able to do (after pondering the situation), is I can take a look into an event that triggers when a woman with the fair trait hits the age of 45, one that provides a random chance for her to earn a MILF trait, that basically continues the bonuses given by the fair trait. Not every woman would receive it, but some - like the Succubus, would have a much higher chance of landing it.

I agree with you on not being a fan of sex appeal waning with age. The challenge is I'm looking to avoid messing with the defines.lua as that's the file that is most often impacted when a new patch or release comes out and can lead to incompatibility more than most other things I'm doing.

What I might be able to do (after pondering the situation), is I can take a look into an event that triggers when a woman with the fair trait hits the age of 45, one that provides a random chance for her to earn a MILF trait, that basically continues the bonuses given by the fair trait. Not every woman would receive it, but some - like the Succubus, would have a much higher chance of landing it.

It's a good solution for the succubus :). I thought of a special blood moon celebration. It would give a kind of "path to eternal youth" event modifier and a trait to keep the bonus. 

I like Succubus role: it's funny (flirt/kill/drain life of almost anybody yeah !), and gives high rewards (long life, attraction, strong female character). But more "challenge/threat" would be welcomed: change religion when you are a succubus, add witch hunts maybe?

Whatever, I see some stuff in your files not used yet. Up and coming update!

For whore pregnancy spam. How about create a trait that gives infertility. Something like a whore taking a herb to prevent pregnancy before going to the brothel. Maybe have it as a decision (would work really well for the player) and then when you dont wanna work as a whore you remove again via descion like the lovers pox.

I like Succubus role: it's funny (flirt/kill/drain life of almost anybody yeah !), and gives high rewards (long life, attraction, strong female character). But more "challenge/threat" would be welcomed: change religion when you are a succubus, add witch hunts maybe?

Whatever, I see some stuff in your files not used yet. Up and coming update!

I also like the idea of witch hunting. A real possibility of being imprisoned by your liege would add some good flavour. 

Running a test to see if anything is obviously broken, with the intention of posting v0.50 as it stands (read back a bit and you'll see that I began to re-do slavery aspects, which has resulted in it being less ready than I had initially planned - although it should still operate. Just more generic than I'd like it right now).

I'm going to be chilling in Atlanta at Dragon*Con next weekend, so it'll be a while before the next major release. I'll probably package and post something small before I leave, so if folks see any bugs or oddities, please let me know - as the small release will likely be fixes or adding content to existing items.

Something that also will be in this update - I get the impression that some of you start in more current times than I do, since some have mentioned a lot of ai having access to assassins. I always play in the earliest time frame, where most folks won't even have a brothel pre-built because most of the world lacks even the first technology block. So, to try and lessen the assassin impact that may occur right out of the gate, I've altered the pre-built technology requirement, which should result in less pre-built assassin guilds. They can still be paid for and built based on the past requirements, but just shouldn't be as many pre-built. I'd like to know if this helps at all.

Thanks,

DEW

i found a bug in the event where you teach your kid about sex it seems it thinks you get yourself pregnant. you might want to recheck that one

Which way? Are you a man educating your daughter? If you're a mother educating your son, there is indeed a chance to become pregnant yourself.

I think what he meant is. That you get yourself impregnated. And not the son.

I see. I may have to yank it out anyway, as in my testing, I've a son who comes of age, yet keeps triggering the father / daughter event, when he should be triggering the mother / son event, and I can't see why it's happening. It's like the engine is saying, "Oh, I see that if it's not a female, then you'd like to trigger the event for your mother - so here, let me notify the father instead..."

I think what he meant is. That you get yourself impregnated. And not the son.

I see. I may have to yank it out anyway, as in my testing, I've a son who comes of age, yet keeps triggering the father / daughter event, when he should be triggering the mother / son event, and I can't see why it's happening. It's like the engine is saying, "Oh, I see that if it's not a female, then you'd like to trigger the event for your mother - so here, let me notify the father instead..."

Unfortunate. The Father/Daughter event is one of your best.

I see all these Merchant Story pictures in the gfx folder are not actually implemented in the events. I'm guessing that's for a later date?

Also; Lilith_Claire uses a Saber pic. The Irony.

Is this a hint at the Angel trait?

Yes and Yes. Both are plans for upcoming changes. I do have the habit of collecting images prior to implementing changes sometimes as it just seems easier that way and it helps with further inspiration.

Cool. Will you only be able to become an Angel/Saint if you rejected Lilith?

It would make sense; the path to purity is unforgiving, while an angel can always fall and become a cumslut.

Still, if the Angel/Saint path has no adult content that would be boring and missing the point of this mod  ;p

Unfortunate. The Father/Daughter event is one of your best.

Yes and Yes. Both are plans for upcoming changes. I do have the habit of collecting images prior to implementing changes sometimes as it just seems easier that way and it helps with further inspiration.

Cool. Will you only be able to become an Angel/Saint if you rejected Lilith?

It would make sense; the path to purity is unforgiving, while an angel can always fall and become a cumslut.

Still, if the Angel/Saint path has no adult content that would be boring and missing the point of this mod  ;p

I'm taking a different approach to the education portion. If it works, then it'll still be there.

The plan for the future is to two potential paths to open divine being traits:

One is if you obtain stage 7 as a Succubus, that an event will trigger the rise of Claire who will be a divine being leading an army that seeks to undo you.

Two is if you reject Lilith, you'll be able to seek salvation that will awaken the purity within and the Divine trait. After which you can fall or continue to burn a righteous path.

Neither are implemented yet, but that's the ultimate plan.

Archived