[mod] [CK2] Dark World

dewguru

i found a bug in the event where you teach your kid about sex it seems it thinks you get yourself pregnant. you might want to recheck that one

Which way? Are you a man educating your daughter? If you're a mother educating your son, there is indeed a chance to become pregnant yourself.

I did find one instance where it was possible to get yourself pregnant. I was missing an extra FROM step to grab the correct person. I appreciate your bringing it up.

v0.50 has been released. Part of me regrets cutting it loose early, but the feedback from folks was asking for it.

If you notice something, hit me up and if it needs to be fixed, I'll see what I can do, and if it's working as intended, I'll mention it and perhaps explain why.

Is it possible to make a ritual. To sacrfice large amounts of prisonors. To reset the age portrait to young, not the age it self just the portrait? I know there is an immortal mod where your portrait doesnt change.

Edit:

Keep forgeting to mention this for suggestions and for other people who want this. In common/laws - succession laws. All the way at the bottom you can enable enatic laws where only females enherit.

Where it says potential

always = yes (default is no)

you can do this to enatic-cognatic aswell.

If you have Christianity mod installed you have to do this in the mods succesion laws.

Well I have played around with the v0.50 update a bit today and I have found 2 bugs: 

1.) Sex Slave training - If you do this twice you become unable to train the slave at all as the event saying whether or not they gained skill never fires. Only happens if you choose it twice!

2.) Skill training (3rd option, If you become skilled you will bring me more money, or something like that) - When the event fires that says the slave is available for branding for this specific training it is a lie. The branding option will not become available. 

Running a test to see if anything is obviously broken, with the intention of posting v0.50 as it stands (read back a bit and you'll see that I began to re-do slavery aspects, which has resulted in it being less ready than I had initially planned - although it should still operate. Just more generic than I'd like it right now).

I'm going to be chilling in Atlanta at Dragon*Con next weekend, so it'll be a while before the next major release. I'll probably package and post something small before I leave, so if folks see any bugs or oddities, please let me know - as the small release will likely be fixes or adding content to existing items.

Something that also will be in this update - I get the impression that some of you start in more current times than I do, since some have mentioned a lot of ai having access to assassins. I always play in the earliest time frame, where most folks won't even have a brothel pre-built because most of the world lacks even the first technology block. So, to try and lessen the assassin impact that may occur right out of the gate, I've altered the pre-built technology requirement, which should result in less pre-built assassin guilds. They can still be paid for and built based on the past requirements, but just shouldn't be as many pre-built. I'd like to know if this helps at all.

Thanks,

DEW

By pre-built technology requirement. You mean the technology block itself or the "specific building that require those technology level".

I hope you use the latter methods, since I am using mod that alter technology heavily (now each tech give different buff and enable different building) so I wish you can make the assassin guild or the like building require thing like 'castle wall level 2'.

I hope this does not sound offend, I respect your choice as modder and the owner of this mod.

Is it possible to make a ritual. To sacrfice large amounts of prisonors. To reset the age portrait to young, not the age it self just the portrait? I know there is an immortal mod where your portrait doesnt change.

In regards to the ritual - no. I sunk hours of research into reducing the age of a player, and found others who were searching for the same functionality as well, and no one seems to have discovered a method to make it work. Even the mod forums on the official site have turned up zero.

For what it's worth - immortality by default freezes the age of the ruler's portrait. The only challenge is getting it before you're already old.

Running a test to see if anything is obviously broken, with the intention of posting v0.50 as it stands (read back a bit and you'll see that I began to re-do slavery aspects, which has resulted in it being less ready than I had initially planned - although it should still operate. Just more generic than I'd like it right now).

I'm going to be chilling in Atlanta at Dragon*Con next weekend, so it'll be a while before the next major release. I'll probably package and post something small before I leave, so if folks see any bugs or oddities, please let me know - as the small release will likely be fixes or adding content to existing items.

Something that also will be in this update - I get the impression that some of you start in more current times than I do, since some have mentioned a lot of ai having access to assassins. I always play in the earliest time frame, where most folks won't even have a brothel pre-built because most of the world lacks even the first technology block. So, to try and lessen the assassin impact that may occur right out of the gate, I've altered the pre-built technology requirement, which should result in less pre-built assassin guilds. They can still be paid for and built based on the past requirements, but just shouldn't be as many pre-built. I'd like to know if this helps at all.

Thanks,

DEW

By pre-built technology requirement. You mean the technology block itself or the "specific building that require those technology level".

I hope you use the latter methods, since I am using mod that alter technology heavily (now each tech give different buff and enable different building) so I wish you can make the assassin guild or the like building require thing like 'castle wall level 2'.

I hope this does not sound offend, I respect your choice as modder and the owner of this mod.

I didn't change the requirement for what it is to create an assassins guild. That did NOT change.

What changed is when you start a game, there is a check that is done which says if a location is at a technology rating of x, then make everything below it pre-built.

The assassins guild has always required at least a Castle Construction of 2 before it could be built from scratch. However, it's pre-built field was only set at 1, so when you started a game in the later years, anyone who had a Castle Construction score of 3, started the game with the assassins guild already made. This in turn created the vast number of assassins being used by the ai (from what people were saying - like I said, I play early years, so this was never an issue for me).

I changed the pre-built field to 5, so only really advanced locations, who'd have a starting Castle Construction score of 7, would have the building pre-built. Now, if they had a less than that, say a 6, they still qualify to build one, they just need to invest the money to then build it. So it isn't preventing anything, just slowing down the spread of the assassins which was requested by multiple folks, and seemed easy enough to implement that I didn't mind it.

Well I have played around with the v0.50 update a bit today and I have found 2 bugs: 

1.) Sex Slave training - If you do this twice you become unable to train the slave at all as the event saying whether or not they gained skill never fires. Only happens if you choose it twice!

2.) Skill training (3rd option, If you become skilled you will bring me more money, or something like that) - When the event fires that says the slave is available for branding for this specific training it is a lie. The branding option will not become available. 

Thank you. I have an idea of what this may be. I ran into it during my quick test, and thought I had it fixed, but I'll double check. Before, it was where the slave_working flag wasn't getting cleared off.

If you do press ~ to open the console, then type charinfo and hit enter, it should activate additional character information. Press ~ and enter again to close the console window, and if you look at one of the slaves that is hung up, if they're showing a slave_working near the bottom of their info block, then I missed clearing it somewhere.

Thank you. I have an idea of what this may be. I ran into it during my quick test, and thought I had it fixed, but I'll double check. Before, it was where the slave_working flag wasn't getting cleared off.

If you do press ~ to open the console, then type charinfo and hit enter, it should activate additional character information. Press ~ and enter again to close the console window, and if you look at one of the slaves that is hung up, if they're showing a slave_working near the bottom of their info block, then I missed clearing it somewhere.

A quick check and, yep that's the problem.  

Alright, Skilled is working fine on my end. After selecting it, it goes 30 days before showing the results presently.

I did find an error in the sex slave one. Fixed it, but if you're seeing something odd on Skilled, I'll need more information, such as the sex of the slave, and what you're seeing after time elapses. Training levels up, so you need to repeat it, and the higher levels have greater chances of failure. So if you were very lucky, you're looking at a minimum of five training sessions on a specific category in order to complete their training.

I was able to take a woman who was a prisoner and trained her only on Skilled - Sculptor (the working stone option), until she was finally complete (having reached the final stage - which gives you a different message). I was then able to brand and sell her.

v0.51 will be hitting sometime tomorrow. It presently will correct two things:

- *Fix: the cost for the assassin's mission was checking the target instead of the sender.

- *Fix: Slave Sex Training - misleading old place holder text.

It's late and I don't want to make a mistake, so I'm going to double-check the changes tomorrow before posting them, so as to not make matters worse.

Gaining the immortality trait should always freeze you portrait, unless you picked it in the ruler designer, then it does not work.

I usually fix this by editing the save file:

Go to the folder with your save games and unzip the file, if it is compressed (its a zip file), into a subfolder. Make a copy otherwise.

Open the text file (named like the original file) with a text editor (notepad++).

Search for "MrHuman" or you characters name, if its unique.

You will find a bunch of lines concerning your character. Below the birth date there should be a line that says "immortal=XX"

Change the Number benhind the = to your desired age or add the line if its missing (for example "immortal=16")

Save the file.

You can then start the game and open the edited save file (in the subfolder you created)

Alright, Skilled is working fine on my end. After selecting it, it goes 30 days before showing the results presently.

I did find an error in the sex slave one. Fixed it, but if you're seeing something odd on Skilled, I'll need more information, such as the sex of the slave, and what you're seeing after time elapses. Training levels up, so you need to repeat it, and the higher levels have greater chances of failure. So if you were very lucky, you're looking at a minimum of five training sessions on a specific category in order to complete their training.

I was able to take a woman who was a prisoner and trained her only on Skilled - Sculptor (the working stone option), until she was finally complete (having reached the final stage - which gives you a different message). I was then able to brand and sell her.

v0.51 will be hitting sometime tomorrow. It presently will correct two things:

- *Fix: the cost for the assassin's mission was checking the target instead of the sender.

It's late and I don't want to make a mistake, so I'm going to double-check the changes tomorrow before posting them, so as to not make matters worse.

ok for Skilled training the bug is not with the training itself (probably why you didn't spot the bug in the events, the events are fine) nut with the brand slave decision. You are not checking for slave_skilled_5 with the decision.

this is what you have: 

#  a slave
brand_slave = {
filter = court
ai_target_filter = court

from_potential = {
prisoner = no
capital_scope = {
OR = {
has_building = dw_slave_dungeon
has_building = dw_slave_market
has_building = dw_slave_pen
}
}
}

potential = {
prisoner = yes
host = {
character = FROM
}
NOT = { trait = branded_slave }
OR = {
has_character_flag = slave_labor_5
has_character_flag = slave_soldier_5
has_character_flag = slave_broken_5
has_character_flag = slave_sex_5
}
}

You need to add has_character_flag = slave_skilled_5 to the potential list.

Gaining the immortality trait should always freeze you portrait, unless you picked it in the ruler designer, then it does not work.

I usually fix this by editing the save file:

Go to the folder with your save games and unzip the file, if it is compressed (its a zip file), into a subfolder. Make a copy otherwise.

Open the text file (named like the original file) with a text editor (notepad++).

Search for "MrHuman" or you characters name, if its unique.

You will find a bunch of lines concerning your character. Below the birth date there should be a line that says "immortal=XX"

Change the Number benhind the = to your desired age or add the line if its missing (for example "immortal=16")

Save the file.

You can then start the game and open the edited save file (in the subfolder you created)

Yeah disregard that last sentance I made. I thought I read somewhere that with Dew's immortal trait people were still getting their character age while having the trait. Obviously i msunderstood it since at that time I didnt know the trait locks in the age portrait.

But what I usually do with getting immortal trait late in the characters age. Is remove the immortal trait by console. Use age command, set my character to 20 or so. Add the immortal trait, reset my character age to what it was when i got the immortal trait.

v0.51 has been posted.

Here's the change log.

v0.51
    - *Fix: Slave Skilled Training - missing check at branding decision has been included.
    - Added more slave training options (Warrior - Defense, Skilled - Female Dancer, Warrior - Showmanship)
    - Added option for personal participation if you're a male liege, in the Sex - Blowjob training with a female slave

Thanks for those who took the time yesterday evening to review and post their feedback.

Just found out about this. Haven't really played yet, but it seems amazing.

• Educating your child (opposite sex only - m/s f/d)

Any chance of this expanding? Parenting is hot. And even things that aren't directly sexual seem like they'd be fun to include – things like the parent teaching about sex/masturbation (and perhaps purposely teaching lewdness) would be fun too.

The main reason is because I don't want it that high. I don't want a bunch of divine beings running around, just like I don't want a lot of infernal beings running around.

No other real reason than that. I might tweak it later when I get into more of the potential divine versus infernal conflict that I've drafted up, but right now I see no reason to tweak it as there isn't an event or method for which that trait should even appear in game outside of a console command addition or that odd save game glitch.

Mythologically speaking, the child of an angel and mortal should be a giant; wouldn't it make sense to allow those to exist somewhat commonly without heritance? Or give giants low fertility, which might make more sense.

I saw that Red Light District has 'population growth' attributes.

Does CK2 has such a thing related to the province's population? And how does it effect gameplay?

The population growth was something that I noticed when looking at the new buildings and their capabilities that Horse Lords added. I honestly am uncertain what the impact is game play wise, although in what I read on the topic, it appears to influence the pool that your military pulls people from.

Nomads have population. It doesn't do anything for anyone else.

Actually, which holding types are these things available? In addition to castle/city/church there's tribal, nomadic capital, manor house, and trade post. And tribal/nomadic holdings are the only ones available for their respective governments.

Just found out about this. Haven't really played yet, but it seems amazing.

<SNIPPED for space>

Regarding...

• Educating your child. Yes in regards to plans on expanding it at some point.
  • Giants - no plans for giants, there are plans for having divine and infernal potentially expand among the masses, but it would ideally take a focused effort to kick it off - and then of course there's the whole "future release" aspect since divine doesn't exist beyond an unused trait presently. :)
  • Nice to know about the population growth. Red Light District is restricted to Cities. Slave Pens improve population growth, and those are tribal, so it's nice to know I hit part of the mark. :)

I have decided to keep my branded slave, but when released, she went back to her original court, did not stay in mine. Is it supposed to be this way?

Nope. I'll take a look at it. Thanks for raising the issue.

Alright, I see I missed moving the character to the slave owners court after removing the prisoner flag. I'll package it and release a v0.52 tomorrow.

v0.52 will also include the first punishment option for slave training, that can potentially help with improving training results, do nothing, or perhaps even break your slave to where they're useless and unable to take any further training. A broken slave can still be branding, kept or sold, but they're only 1 gp, making them a steep loss compared to the other training options. Plus they take a sizable hit in stats, to where keeping them also may not be a good idea. Right now punishment is only an option if your slave fails to advance in their training.

Thank you for your mod!. What about all the demons breeding main character? Or, as in Christianity Mod sex with a dog, only hellish hound? And you plan to change the character's portrait to look like a succubus. And it would be better to change the religion on Satanism.

Is the succubus trait supossed to be hereditary?

I just had a daughter (female ruler, final succubus stage) with the succubus trait at age 0.

it has a chance to be inherited yes about 10%. it would be nice if in future updates events would be made for them aswell. like participating in the bloodmoon festival to gain power along whit theyr mother and such.

Thank you for your mod!. What about all the demons breeding main character? Or, as in Christianity Mod sex with a dog, only hellish hound? And you plan to change the character's portrait to look like a succubus. And it would be better to change the religion on Satanism.

I'm not planning on doing any portrait modding. I've looked into it before and it's just not worth the time investment to me.

I'm also not changing to Satanism, a couple reasons being why - the game already has the one that you can change to which believes that Lucifer isn't a fallen angel, that he should be worshiped alongside the other Saints, and they believe in divine blood (incest), and the second thing is I've no desire to slap together a custom religion.

Regarding demon breeding and animals, those are things that are on the almighty "future plans" list.

Is the succubus trait supossed to be hereditary?

I just had a daughter (female ruler, final succubus stage) with the succubus trait at age 0.

it has a chance to be inherited yes about 10%. it would be nice if in future updates events would be made for them aswell. like participating in the bloodmoon festival to gain power along whit theyr mother and such.

The main reason why I allowed it to be hereditary was to slowly seed the world with others of your kind. I do have plans for events related to them, and want to have it where they can hold their own Blood Moon rituals if you give them their own lands.

Plus I don't always play an immortal character, so it also gives me that personal challenge of when I get one, I work to make her the heir, trimming where necessary, so the devotion to Lilith can continue (instead of having the game auto-event me again).

i have had a bug whit the futa events seems the one where a futa proposes a tumble whit the ruler triggers for female rulers aswell.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll take a look at it.

How long does the Slave Training go for? I've got like 4 I am training at once, been years of it.  No Branding has shown.

Each focus has 5 levels that can be earned.

For example, your slave starts at a level 0 laborer. The first time you train them, they have a chance to have learned properly, which would make them a level 1 laborer, and should give you a message that says they learned successfully. In many instances, the higher the level, the more difficult it is to train them, and you'll start seeing "failure to learn" type events.

If you're bouncing around between training, say sex slave training one month, then skilled the following month, then you're taking a long path - as they'll need to hit level 5 in each of those areas.

Once a slave hits level 5 you should receive an event that says they completed their branch of training. Then you can brand them or train them up in another focus, which does increase their sale value.

Also - I'm assuming you're using v0.51.

Archived