[mod] [CK2] Dark World

dewguru

well.... that's funny... I'm training a slave that probably would not qualify.

Qualify for what?

Slave training. took me a minute to realize this

<Snipped the picture out to be space friendly>

Ah. Well, since a player controls who they train for a slave, I saw no reason to do an age check in most cases. The only training that does a check to see if the potential person is an adult is for being a sex slave.

The world is full of examples, even today, where you've young children pressed into performing hard labor, and even operating as a soldier, and in many cases as slaves. So I didn't see any reason to limit that.

Sure, the image is provocative, but it's an image that applies to the task regardless of who performs it.

So I'm not presently planning on altering whether a child can be pressed into being trained as a slave and subjected to training in labor or soldiering. For those who have concerns about doing it, they can simply opt not to subject the young imaginary kid to that life.

Remember, just because something can be done, doesn't mean someone has to do it.

Right on no worries. Funny how much of the funny/ black humor stories if Crusader Kings II jaded me a bit. Anyway, figured out a "manual" method, once they hit oh 5 or 6( usual training age) they're good for training.

Qualify for what?

Ah. Well, since a player controls who they train for a slave, I saw no reason to do an age check in most cases. The only training that does a check to see if the potential person is an adult is for being a sex slave.

The world is full of examples, even today, where you've young children pressed into performing hard labor, and even operating as a soldier, and in many cases as slaves. So I didn't see any reason to limit that.

Sure, the image is provocative, but it's an image that applies to the task regardless of who performs it.

So I'm not presently planning on altering whether a child can be pressed into being trained as a slave and subjected to training in labor or soldiering. For those who have concerns about doing it, they can simply opt not to subject the young imaginary kid to that life.

Remember, just because something can be done, doesn't mean someone has to do it.

Right on no worries. Funny how much of the funny/ black humor stories if Crusader Kings II jaded me a bit. Anyway, figured out a "manual" method, once they hit oh 5 or 6( usual training age) they're good for training.

Yeah, that's what I've envisioned personally. I can add a line in the target decision to ensure that a minimum age is hit before they can be selected to become a slave, which in turn handles the training issue since you need to be a slave in order to even train. I'll use six since I believe that's when they typically get assigned to a guardian for learning anyway.

I mean, that's true of sex slaves as well though.

Although I think the slave training system could use a bit of help; as-is it's kind of tedious especially in large scale.

Qualify for what?

Yeah, that's what I've envisioned personally. I can add a line in the target decision to ensure that a minimum age is hit before they can be selected to become a slave, which in turn handles the training issue since you need to be a slave in order to even train. I'll use six since I believe that's when they typically get assigned to a guardian for learning anyway.

Yeah 6 is when guardians are assigned. And CHiKN is also correct, but for the sake of laws and moderation and such.... we're avoiding that altogether. God help you if you get 3 mother and daughter pairs for slave training.

I mean, that's true of sex slaves as well though.

Although I think the slave training system could use a bit of help; as-is it's kind of tedious especially in large scale.

Yes, but I made the decision that I did.

Let me put it this way.

If anyone finds it hypocritical that I for some reason see no problem in acknowledging slave labor among children, yet have put a check in to prevent children from being used as sex slaves, then that's fine by me.

I'm not here to appease anyone. Use the mod and enjoy it for what it is, or don't. It's really that simple.

No one has to use the slavery system. No one has to have Harley as a Court Jester. No one has to have a female ruler become a Succubus. No one has to accept a Futanari courtier. Most of the events and decisions with in the game are intended to let someone avoid it if it isn't for them.

If you're wanting more than that then this isn't the mod you're looking for. (*waves hand in the jedi mind trick fashion*)

Would you be interested in adding a feature where I can force my prisoner to join the brothel for there freedom?

Love what your doing with this mod btw keep up the great work!

I'll be hitting the Brothel in the future v0.70.

I'll make a note to see what I can do with it. How often would they need to work it to obtain their freedom?

Would you be interested in adding a feature where I can force my prisoner to join the brothel for there freedom?

I'll make a note to see what I can do with it. How often would they need to work it to obtain their freedom?

I'm not really sure because I haven't had any interaction with the brothel yet so I don't exactly know how it works so I was going to leave that up to you.

Looks fascinating so far!

Minor suggestions:

1) Have the option to decline the Futanari servant, the way you can decline the Eunuch at the end of the event chain (I suppose you can always turn them down earlier)

2) The Futanari that I received as a courtier was of the same culture and religion as my character (Lombard/Catholic) which seemed off, considering the event text/picture. Perhaps default them to something unusual?

Looks fascinating so far!

Minor suggestions:

1) Have the option to decline the Futanari servant, the way you can decline the Eunuch at the end of the event chain (I suppose you can always turn them down earlier)

2) The Futanari that I received as a courtier was of the same culture and religion as my character (Lombard/Catholic) which seemed off, considering the event text/picture. Perhaps default them to something unusual?

1 - I can look at adding that. Seems reasonable to have a late option decline.

2 - The Eunuch's default to the same culture & religion, which is one reason why I did the Futanari the same way. Another big reason as to why, is it avoids some potential culture/religion conflicts that can happen.

I found a bug in the moon festival you can do it twice a year as the first one ends and the check goes away mid June and can hold another one in late June before the July deadline hits.

I'll take a look. I thought I had some kind of flag that prevented it from trigger too soon once it was held, but it's been tweaked several times, so I may have broken that aspect and not noticed it.

I'm not really sure because I haven't had any interaction with the brothel yet so I don't exactly know how it works so I was going to leave that up to you.

Fair enough. I'll ponder it some then.

Bug report: Since the 'futa' trait is inheritable, you will eventually get children that have the 'futa' trait but without the corresponding dick size trait to go with it. 

Potential solution: I looked around and it looks like the dick size is determined in the DWSetup.10 event where you can also include females that have the 'futa' trait.

Nice catch. Thank you for bringing it up.

Fair enough - it just seems odd that they're mentioned as being exotic pagan types, and then they're completely bland. But I can understand the thinking. :)

Hrm, you're right. I'll consider doing something a bit different then. Perhaps not both culture and religion, but one or the other. Don't look for it in v0.60 though, it'll likely be in v0.70.

Cultural difference would probably be fine - religion is usually the bigger problem. Though really, even having the Jewish advisor show up in the Sons of Abraham event tends to work out alright.

Also - I note that even if you get the event to seduce your son/daughter, there's no possibility to keep them as a lover, even as a master seducer/seductress (and you can't seduce them after, using the normal mechanic, since they're too closely related). Perhaps an option for that might be worth considering, even if it doesn't always work?

Cultural difference would probably be fine - religion is usually the bigger problem. Though really, even having the Jewish advisor show up in the Sons of Abraham event tends to work out alright.

Also - I note that even if you get the event to seduce your son/daughter, there's no possibility to keep them as a lover, even as a master seducer/seductress (and you can't seduce them after, using the normal mechanic, since they're too closely related). Perhaps an option for that might be worth considering, even if it doesn't always work?

Yeah, I've thought about this, especially if you end up adopting one of the religions that believes in Divine Blood. That at least should allow someone around that, while anyone else would be possible, just a low chance. It just hasn't hit the board yet for implementation.

I got a idea related to independent character like Harley.

A alchemist girl? (what about ageless bitch witch) who could make many potions for you.

-Futanari potion

-Breast expand potion

-Love potion that allow you to get pregnant 

-Sexual torture potion that may help you training the slave or simply for enjoyment.

-etc.

Maybe she can also generate random events like....

-gangbang to gather 'ingredient'

-During creating super love potion, the mist was blow to the town and everybody make a epic orgy.

-etc.

How about after the transformation into a succubus, to continue to develop in a demigod, and then in God.

And new building on Succubus choosing : Altar of evil forces. if player choose succubus. Breeding room ( player have breed monster event) I hope this is monster will be considered as children.

Or after adding Vampire and werewolf. In game will be attended monster hunter? Like Van Helsing Xd

And what about magic and artifacts?

I can help and  all of us who are interested in the ideas of a mod)

I got a idea related to independent character like Harley.

A alchemist girl? (what about ageless bitch witch) who could make many potions for you.

-Futanari potion

-Breast expand potion

-Love potion that allow you to get pregnant 

-Sexual torture potion that may help you training the slave or simply for enjoyment.

-etc.

Maybe she can also generate random events like....

-gangbang to gather 'ingredient'

-During creating super love potion, the mist was blow to the town and everybody make a epic orgy.

-etc.

An Alchemist is something on the drawing board. I even have an image I bookmarked for when I get around to it, although I've been leaning towards making it an alchemist shop that you visit to buy your potions and trigger related events from.

How about after the transformation into a succubus, to continue to develop in a demigod, and then in God.

And new building on Succubus choosing : Altar of evil forces. if player choose succubus. Breeding room ( player have breed monster event) I hope this is monster will be considered as children.

Or after adding Vampire and werewolf. In game will be attended monster hunter? Like Van Helsing Xd

And what about magic and artifacts?

I can help and  all of us who are interested in the ideas of a mod)

I don't see me ever taking things further towards becoming a god.

Building wise, those or things similar to them are already on the almighty "future" list.

Not going to get into trying to have non-humanoid children.

There will be monster hunters - and your ruler can be a Monster Hunter (if they have the Hunting ambition). This is in a future update, but on the definitely going to happen list.

Magic and artifacts - I've considered it, but unlikely to happen.

Offer of help - I've more ideas than will see the light of day already. They're always welcome, but unless you're going to role up your sleeves and start banging out some of the code, then you should be ready to never see your ideas see the light of day. Those that make it in are typically very close to what I was already imagining, or are simple to add based on what I've already done.

Also, Harley's 'Sword-Swallowing' event seems to trigger for underage rulers.

Bad Harley. I can put an adult check for the offer of receiving head, but witnessing her gag on your courtier's swords will still happen.

I found an interesting exploit-ish thing. You can hire multiple assassins if you don't close the event window and instead keep clicking 'Hire Assasssin'

Yeah. I noticed that one during testing and just kept it quiet. I've an idea now on how to prevent it, so I'll take a look at using it.

Great mod, thanks for taking the time to making this.

Saw earlier in the thread something about a virgin trait and tracking that for unicorns but not knowing how to implement it, there's already a mod that does that (Maiden Mod, think it's on ParadoxPlaza... I'll add a link later).  Don't know if that's any help.

Also, maybe it's already in your head as a future idea but what about an event that triggers a succubus being impregnated by Lucifer?  Could work either as a "(no_character)" father, usually the case for 'gangbang troops' pregnancies from the Christianity Mod, or a custom courtier that shows up not unlike Harley or Claire.

More interaction between Futas and female rulers would be great to see too ;)

-snip-

I can't say I'm surprised that it's going to take so long for the next versions to come out, but that's a bit of a downer.

How will Claire oppose the ruler without an army? What were the issues with it?

It wouldn't work. Frustrating part is I wasn't able to nail down a specific cause, as if I did, I could then work around it. If I had to guess, it didn't like her being a woman who was trying to rise up, or it didn't like the fact that I was trying to attach the army to a non-ruler, or well, I lost count of the different tests and approaches I took.

I'll take another run at it later. I was just banging my head against the wall and reaching a level of frustration that if I didn't set it to the side, I would have ended up raging and stopped anything related to CK2 until I cooled off (which can be a while if I get fed up enough, as I don't enjoy wasting time).

Regarding how she'll oppose the ruler, there were four different approaches planed. The army was simply one of them. Of those that remain, the death of your character, immortal or not still remains a possibility at Claire's hands. Claire isn't intended to be immediately hostile, although she'll escalate to that level quickly if pressed.

Great mod, thanks for taking the time to making this.

Saw earlier in the thread something about a virgin trait and tracking that for unicorns but not knowing how to implement it, there's already a mod that does that (Maiden Mod, think it's on ParadoxPlaza... I'll add a link later).  Don't know if that's any help.

Also, maybe it's already in your head as a future idea but what about an event that triggers a succubus being impregnated by Lucifer?  Could work either as a "(no_character)" father, usually the case for 'gangbang troops' pregnancies from the Christianity Mod, or a custom courtier that shows up not unlike Harley or Claire.

More interaction between Futas and female rulers would be great to see too ;)

It's not that tracking a virgin is difficult, it's doing it without touching a whole bunch of core files, as that introduces more work in keeping the mod compliant with current versions.

If I had to guess about the Claire bit, maybe look at how the game normally handles peasant/etc rebellions? It might not be something you can use, but it defintely seems like CK2 insists on creating each rebellion as a "title" itself that goes away after the war is over. There should be some way to replicate that, at least I'd think.

Archived