ARK: Survival Evolved sandbox dinosaurus survival game.

Build my house to level and see how long it stay up and not destroyed.

This on hardcore server EU official.

It still stands!

I died alot so what i did was i stayed in spawn area and started building simple house then it keep growing wood stonewalls im now lvl24(was already 20-22-23 hehe but i died so on hardcore you have to start over.

Killed so far around 15 players im killed 1 time but i died to raptors and carnos plus few times on 2 or 3 dillo's.

It's very tough i know but for its a challenge see how far i can come even reach lvl65?

Still like the game a lot and best devs ever ive seen in last 15 years.

post-232301-0-84019200-1435545383.pngpost-232301-0-91988000-1435545397.pngpost-232301-0-36909400-1435545411.pngpost-232301-0-74322500-1435545424.pngpost-232301-0-59420800-1435545436.pngpost-232301-0-21276800-1435545449.pngpost-232301-0-20891500-1435545461.pngpost-232301-0-89294700-1435545474.png

Took me almost a week to make this inside with ladders and chest rooms. Many doors and rooms to make it harder reach everything if they think raiding it.

dang it all your pictures through out this entire thread are broken and I can't view them :-/ .

i take it no one knows how to do this.......

I don't think it's possible atm. Check my server though if you want, hosting it stacked with a few others ;D

cept for the fact that this has more depth, interactivity and building compared to dayz. Idiot Logic 101

Also the fact that the dev team is actually updating the game like 3-4 times a week with great content and bug fixes. 

i take it no one knows how to do this.......

I don't think it's possible atm. Check my server though if you want, hosting it stacked with a few others ;D

cept for the fact that this has more depth, interactivity and building compared to dayz. Idiot Logic 101

Also the fact that the dev team is actually updating the game like 3-4 times a week with great content and bug fixes. 

oh yes indeed, people look at all survival games and they go "oh look! another DayZ clone!" it pisses people off at times

So someone makes a DayZ clone with dinosaurs and all of a sudden it's the next big thing? -_- Gamer logic 101.

I have played DayZ mod probably around 2000 hours and the standalone around 500 hours and i can tell you your comparing DayZ is flawed.

ARK is true SANDBOX

DayZ semi(or even less)

ARK have some much more depth into this game and option for many different type servers and even solo/local is great.

DayZ almost none options.

ARK survival hardcore(DayZ can only be compare to that because of permadeath) is way more HARDCORE and tough.

DayZ is is a lot more easy hardcore wise then ARK.

ARK average pop is 70/70

DayZ is 40/40

ARK world is diverse and very immersive

DayZ world is boring not very diverse but to some point immersion apply.

ARK gameplay options is huge

DayZ game play option very limited.

ARK WINS HANDS DOWN.

DAYZ LOOSE

It comes down to preference and you can't argue taste but if your saying ARK is clone of DayZ and should be avoided because of that then i say NO and rather dumb statement.

-snip-

-snip-

wonder if it's possible to take the penis from the male model and put it on the female one

still wondering this.

Should be doable, but not a fan of dick girl, so you'll have to find someone else to do it.

well as long as it's doable i'm sure someone will do it

https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?79165-Tech-Note-Mods-need-to-have-their-PrimalGameData-named-quot-PrimalGameData*-quot-to-function-as-a-mod!

Also note, on August 13 we'll be releasing "Total Conversion" functionality, which will let you completely override all of the gamedata/game-assets directly, rather than subclassing them. You can even swap out the main menu and loading screens with this new system -- truly every file of the game except the executables! The only limitation to this Total Conversion system is that TC's can't stack -- you can only have one of them active, obviously, and it requires a game restart to switch them. However, TC's can have Mods active on them, and load custom maps, etc. We have used the new TC system to create "ARK: Survival of the Fittest", which we'll also be providing as a full example of how the TC system works

• 7 months later...

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but there are animations files in the modding / dev kit of dinos getting it on.

Also goddamnit thread necromancy. I thought that, as it was hotlinked from another more active thread, it might be alive. Nope.

I have almost 1900 hours for this game and in all my experience I can describe the game as follows. I will give the pros and cons of this game from my personal experience.

Pros

1. If your PC can handle the game it can be a gorgeous graphical powerhouse.

2. Lots to do. Lots of dinosaurs and the world is your personal playground. Quite similar to minecraft.

3. Rewarding. Building something can give you a great sense of accomplishment especially after farming for days on end.

4. Customization. This is somewhat mandatory for some of the settings but am glad you are able to customize the settings should you choose to open up a personal server. 

5. Dinosaurs!

6. Meet lots of people. Easy to meet people and even befriend. Some of my best internet friends were met on this game.

But with the good always comes the bad.

Cons.

1. Not optimized very well. Everyone has said this so wont say anymore about it.

2. The journey of building is nice but once you get to the top there is not much to do other than PvP/bully other tribes.

3. Solo play can become quite boring and lonely also quite time consuming.

4. Without customization it can take literally days to farm enough resources to craft something of semi large scale. Also breeding has a 1 month cool down unless altered.

6. Very unforgiving to a newcomer. Many dinos can eat your face off at an early level resulting in a lot of deaths.

7. PvP can get very linear. Mostly consisting of Ghost Raiding (People raid you when you're offline) and 90% of PvP consists of nothing but aerial combat. Almost all land dinos are ignored.

8. The people. Drama and lots of it. Especially between tribes over something stupid. Ghost raiders can also ruin your experience.

So take what you will with what I have said. You CAN have fun with this game but get ready for a serious time commitment. I also not recommend playing this by yourself. The magic wears off rather quickly once you get the feel for the game and playing with others can be fun but at the same time can also become just as frustrating.  

• 6 months later...

Archived