ARK: Survival Evolved sandbox dinosaurus survival game.

I tried reimporting the textures using the sdk but something is keeping the changes from being saved. I deleted the original uassets and then saved the reimported ones from tga files, but whenever I replace the default normal and diffuse map the game crashes when loading. The replacement textures work fine in the developer build of the game, but not in the actual ark game folder itself. I haven't tried using a third party thing like those unity things. I'd rather get the UE thing sorted out though before I use some other program to do it then maybe I'll try my hand at editing and replacing the default models.

If anyone is interested, my tribe is fairly advanced with a steel fort and can produce drugs, guns, rifles and explosives. We need more dedicated murderers, thieves, bandits, hooligans and generally impolite people to join our ranks.

We're a small bunch tho, up to 4 members and we would like more players to join us. If you're interested, PM me and I'll add you. We play on European official server 182.

I tried reimporting the textures using the sdk but something is keeping the changes from being saved. I deleted the original uassets and then saved the reimported ones from tga files, but whenever I replace the default normal and diffuse map the game crashes when loading. The replacement textures work fine in the developer build of the game, but not in the actual ark game folder itself. I haven't tried using a third party thing like those unity things. I'd rather get the UE thing sorted out though before I use some other program to do it then maybe I'll try my hand at editing and replacing the default models.

Tried using the newest devkit released today (this weekend =/)

In my honest opinion, this game is just a waste of time. 95% NOTHING happens. Just like rust, dayZ, h1z1 or the thousand others. These games are big for a few months and then people move on to the next one. I'm happy with my witcher 3.

You play on the wrong server then xD

Come join mine. You will rage quit after 5min due to the dinos just not leaving you the fuck alone. difficulty setting on higest. lvl90 wild dinos with increased spawn rate. Also longer night times.

Anyone able to convert image files into .uasset? Trying to mod a skin...

http://www.filedropper.com/arkfemaleskin

It can be repacked into Ussat, the problem is, the female body texture usset isn't being loaded from the folder itself.

\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\PrimalEarth\Human\Female\Base\Textures

What you want is the Human_Female_Body_D file, but it's not being loaded from there, so even if you mod and repack the texture, it's not known at this timere where it's being loaded from.

They are  using the colorize assets, so you have to make more than one diffuse map for the alternate skintones.  I'm not sure why those _D, _N files are in the textures folder because they aren't referenced for use in any of the material graphs. Also only the default skin tone is using a transparency textures under clothing, so when you remove the underwear files the parts of the body that are invisible are using some transparency mask. Even if you edit the material file, and texture file using the SDK the game will crash as soon as it tries to load.

Dev kit seems to have been updated.

* ARK Dev Kit Game Data Override: Create your own survival game with total capability to override the core "gamedata" of ARK in your mod: everything can then be changed, from Engrams to Items to Character States to Dossiers.

Having problem running it, need to reinstall it on my end, before I can take a lookt

• 2 weeks later...

Still playing it everyday on offcial hardcore server(died 30 times plus) and when you die you lose all also your lvls hehe(funny thing is ive been killed only ones by player most time by dino's hehe) and its lvl4 difficulty now almost died on lvl89 dilo :P at the starter beach.

But i moved to primitive offcial PVP(hope for hardcore) server enjoying it alot more LESS TECH stuff.

Man those new ANTS and BEES are sometimes annoying as hell :D

Archived