ARK: Survival Evolved sandbox dinosaurus survival game.

For the people playing it: Theres any third person mode? Not just for mount or a still one for screenshots

There is, look at one of my screenshot.

How?.. i tried anything i can't find third person mode a friend of mine getting sick when in First person.

Ok example.

When i hit K i can indeed have third person but when i wanne turn around it's camera that turns not my character(i can strafe and walk back wards/forward not turn around in third person) but when i change k in q i can toggle and manage to almost play in third person but it still sucks to toggle q to turn around it don't realy work that way.

It seems it don't have normal third person play just third person and camera can move around you or zoom in or out.

For the people playing it: Theres any third person mode? Not just for mount or a still one for screenshots

There is, look at one of my screenshot.

How?.. i tried anything i can't find third person mode a friend of mine getting sick when in First person.

Ok example.

When i hit K i can indeed have third person but when i wanne turn around it's camera that turns not my character(i can strafe and walk back wards/forward not turn around in third person) but when i change k in q i can toggle and manage to almost play in third person but it still sucks to toggle q to turn around it don't realy work that way.

It seems it don't have normal third person play just third person and camera can move around you or zoom in or out.

Erm, there is third person mode, and it is playable.

And this

On official servers there is no third person it's disabled you can only make screens with camera zoomed out and orbital camera, you can't turn around.

Ok so...do i need to find a private server or host one myself, how bad would be the performance hit while hosting and playing?

On official servers there is no third person it's disabled you can only make screens with camera zoomed out and orbital camera, you can't turn around.

Ok so...do i need to find a private server or host one myself, how bad would be the performance hit while hosting and playing?

Im not sure yet how it all performes i thought man my card runs this badly around 25 fps.

So went searching whats going and now it seems its a free Unreal 4 engine no multi thread maybe even single core(this is not yet officially confirmed.

Bottem line is it's not yet very well optimezed a TITAN X on all max settings 2560x1440p gets around 30-35 fps a 980 gets also around 20 fps.

My card 290x with high settings get on 2560x1440p 25 fps but still plays well i dont see any framerate lag or lag that annoying me so no complain..

Hopefully they optimized it later.

But its early acces.

Solo or Hosting should be no problem you can also set up a local server. Many possibillities to play this game.

You can ENABLE third person on your own server  local or solo game.

Playing on Official Hardcore PvP server.

Dunno why but i have around 15fps but seems no problem i dont have any lag.

Died probably 10 times now not by players but dino's a carno a crodile and some huge aggressive one plus a damn flying bird hehe.

Last time i was lvl10 i died. Now again lvl6 learning fast and found nice spot to farm mats.

Building stamina, melee dmg and sprint killed two players so far have not been killed myself by players.

post-232301-0-26534800-1434314807.pngpost-232301-0-02640500-1434314819.png

post-232301-0-40918400-1434314799.png

post-232301-0-07863700-1434402967.png

post-232301-0-73313900-1434402751.png

EURO Hardcore pvp server official primetime most time 70/70.

Still don't know if they hear me with voice chat they never speak back most of time they try kill me :)

Killed 6 players so far only because they wanne kill me if they had left me alone i would not have killed them.

Died around 12 times now only by dinosaurus not players, so im again around lvl 8 :D

Build stamina and melee dmg next is run speed. Stay near coast for now need some more lvls.

But i love the challenge i would not want to play on a non hardcore server this is way more excitement and immersion for me.

80k + players on steam not bad.

Nights are dark and spooky. I'm scared :D

post-232301-0-93181200-1434499807.pngpost-232301-0-20295000-1434499814.png

Die again a raptor who attacked a turtle then turtle also attacked me and when i finished both adino spit venom in my eyes and killed me hehe.

End of my level 14 now i'm again level 7 :D

See if i can ever reach lvl 15?

My count on players killed in pvp 7players-0 me so not bad.

Did a tourist tour around Ark world :D

Was not that easy got killed by carno trying to run pass him and Raptor killed me also when i just fighted a dino so had to start over few times because i play on hardcore server and solo.

Highest lvl so far 14 now im lvl9 hehe

post-232301-0-05607300-1434595297.png

Ok after 20 deaths im now getting some where manage to reach level 18 and build my first wooden house have leather armor and bow :) (Mind you this is on hardcore server and not that easy if you die you lose all also all your lvls it's permadeath)

msg-232301-0-54891700-1434817682.pngmsg-232301-0-23794100-1434817669.png

Got 190 hours of played time in this game atm. Now I quit playing it and is gonna be busy learning the dev kit the next few months. 

It's an amazing game with a great dev team. Reason I'm not playing anymore is because the game is very! imbalanced. Don't want to spend 200 more hours taming 50 more dinosaurs just to have some griefers find some kind of silly broken exploit to kill everything. So I'll learn to mod it instead! Hopefully I will be able to host a server with my own mod someday.

I got this game gifted to me the other day by a friend.     Been playing it almost every night since. 

We been playing on a private server we made, so no having to worry about other people, we just been playing as a group of 4 trying to survive the island, just us.

Last night we were trying to follow one of the cargo drop lights, and got wiped out by a raptor hiding in the bushes.

Lots of fun, I like the game!

Sizustar how exactly do you have your folder setup for Underwear? I tried moving things out of the directory, but parts of the body mesh end up invisible. Did you use disunity to repack the textures? I'd take a look at it and fix it with the ARKSDK (massive size), but it still isn't finished downloading.

Edit: Post below works too, but removing the folder entirely does the same thing (I just put the files in a zip and left it in the outfit directory, and removed the underwear folder).

Sizustar how exactly do you have your folder setup for Underwear? I tried moving things out of the directory, but parts of the body mesh end up invisible. Did you use disunity to repack the textures? I'd take a look at it and fix it with the ARKSDK (massive size), but it still isn't finished downloading.

"Go to e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\PrimalEarth\Human\Female\Outfits\Underwear and remove or rename femaleUnderwear_Bra and femaleUnderwear_Panty. Also remove or rename folder "materials"and in the texture folder remove or rename the 2 human_female... files and your charcter is naked to the bone.

They should be all .uasset files.

Anyone know little about third person play in solo/host?

I can play in third but seems bit awkward how you move character is a little bit to left about same as with vanilla skyrim very dumb. It was solved with mod in skyrim.

Gues probably still not mod to fix this strange third person view in solo/host option?

P.S Best devs ever not only regular daily updates the communications with fans on steam forums and actually listend to fans plus there bounty for searching hacks so they can solved it paid you 100$ if its legit hack/exploit.

I think that the third person mode being used has the default out of the box settings for UE (same as the UT3 melee/Gears of War cam). If you look at the UE4 development videos on youtube a lot of them will have that same issue. They are probably busy fixing bugs and will leave stuff like that until the end when the most serious issues are ironed out.

Well these are best devs ive seen in last 10 years they patch and implement on daily bases and listend to there fanbase everyday on steam there very active it's almost UNREAL(4) :D

Yeh they probably will fix many things later on.

Still enjoying it a lot.

Ark:Survival Evolved is absolute must have if you like SANDBOX man i love the building in this game.

Build my house to level and see how long it stay up and not destroyed.

This on hardcore server EU official.

It still stands!

I died alot so what i did was i stayed in spawn area and started building simple house then it keep growing wood stonewalls im now lvl24(was already 20-22-23 hehe but i died so on hardcore you have to start over.

Killed so far around 15 players im killed 1 time but i died to raptors and carnos plus few times on 2 or 3 dillo's.

It's very tough i know but for its a challenge see how far i can come even reach lvl65?

Still like the game a lot and best devs ever ive seen in last 15 years.

post-232301-0-84019200-1435545383.pngpost-232301-0-91988000-1435545397.pngpost-232301-0-36909400-1435545411.pngpost-232301-0-74322500-1435545424.pngpost-232301-0-59420800-1435545436.pngpost-232301-0-21276800-1435545449.pngpost-232301-0-20891500-1435545461.pngpost-232301-0-89294700-1435545474.png

Took me almost a week to make this inside with ladders and chest rooms. Many doors and rooms to make it harder reach everything if they think raiding it.

So I finally caved and bought my own server. Dedicated server. Location France. Will be PvP-hybrid running the base protetion mod from 00:00am to 14:00pm. 

Servers up: IP: 5.196.249.80:28025

Not installed or tweaked anything on it yet. Open for suggestions!

Archived