Asrienda,

Regarding the Dwemer Milking machine swap out for existing furniture in the basement...

There are 2 milking machines. The one you've used, is really picky about how and from what direction, you enter it. Any chance you could either add the other machine into the mix or swap out the one you have for the other one?

I mean... I could go into the basement and disable furniture and player.placeatme a different one, but I don't know what that would do to the scripted replacement and all that stuff.

Yeah, shouldn't be a problem. I was considering adding variants of the other furniture too, like there are three x crosses, 2 pillories, 2 vertical stocks, and 3 ponys

My 0.02 with 0.95:

Very nice lighting.  Most custom house mods don't play well with ENB but this one feels natural. 

The furniture switch function is really neat.  This house will be the ideal test area for Roggvir's Furniture Interaction Framework, hopefully that's a when and not if.

Is it a technical reason for the cellar to be a separate cell?  Very few house mods connect to cellar/basement without using loaddoor, even cosy ones like this.

The exterior work space is kind of a mix bag for me.  I don't know why a cage will be next to a hot spring R&R, or why it's even out there in the open while the cellar needs to be concealed underneath a rug.  If it's for animal then why not just have a stable or kennel?  On the other hand I do like how the hot spring is integrated into the rocky surrounding though, that whole space seems like a pretty good idea to expand on.

The cage is for your wolf/spider/sabrecat, like the stable is for your horse. Or at least, thats the obvious idea. It's for animals that can jump or climb, basically. If a person happens to get trapped in there... oh well.

The hot spring is more like a backyard pool and the stables a garage, if you want to think of them in modern terms. The hot spring isn't intended as a public place for anyone to visit.

The cellar is a separate cell because ladders don't work in skyrim besides as teleporters, stairs take up a lot of space, and it helps with lag with people who have slower computers.

• 4 weeks later...

Asrienda,

Regarding the Dwemer Milking machine swap out for existing furniture in the basement...

There are 2 milking machines. The one you've used, is really picky about how and from what direction, you enter it. Any chance you could either add the other machine into the mix or swap out the one you have for the other one?

I mean... I could go into the basement and disable furniture and player.placeatme a different one, but I don't know what that would do to the scripted replacement and all that stuff.

New version, finally got around to doing this.

Also added variants so for example, all 3 x crosses, both vertical stocks, both pillories, 2 ponies/1 horse, and the rack swaps with a furo tub. They all swap to both dwemer milking machines and to the box (which removes the furniture).

Also updated the screen shots to reflect changes since I first uploaded the mod :)

What's not reflected in the pictures is that I moved the chest with the extra zaz things under the table with the mini-furniture. I figured it was too minor a change to warrant a new set of screenshots :)

You'll probably have to disable the mod, load and save, then enable the mod to get the new furniture switching to work.

I love that you didn't make the cellar oversized and warehouse-looking. If you do expand it, maybe secret door leading to a new room instead of embiggening the main cellar would be best aesthetically?

Thanks. I don't think I'll be expanding the house, but what did you have in mind for expansion? 

Oh, nothing in mind, I was just hoping that if you did have plans for expanding the cellar you'd add another room instead of enlarging the main cellar. I love it just how it is, not too big, not too cramped.

A grindstone and smelter would be nice but I can't see anywhere to put them that doesn't clutter the place up so I'm happy enough without them.

I think it's more or less perfect and ready for a quest to grant ownership. Any ideas on that front?

I have a few ideas for a quest, but not sure which to use.

I'd almost wish someone with quest experience would just make one for me, lol.

Random note, Elianora's most recent home, The Rookery, has a very familiar rolled/unrolled rug mechanic in a couple of places, including one that hides a cellar door!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any advances on a way to get this yet?

Even just a sign to buy the house for 10k gold would be awesome.

Oops, sorry, been away from Skyrim for a while. Lost the data on my computer then built a new one and haven't gotten around to reinstalling Skyrim so far.

I'll work on a sign at least!

• 5 months later...

been a while since anyone posted here but have to say I recently got this mod and its very nice

the quest would be cool if it get implemented .... but even without that its a nice house mod for pc +1-4 followers/subs

love what u did (wish I could do more in ck but old injury makes learning anything in ck a long slow process)

anyhow nice work a definite keepr in my load order since I found it.

been a while since anyone posted here but have to say I recently got this mod and its very nice

the quest would be cool if it get implemented .... but even without that its a nice house mod for pc +1-4 followers/subs

love what u did (wish I could do more in ck but old injury makes learning anything in ck a long slow process)

anyhow nice work a definite keepr in my load order since I found it.

Thanks!

I'm likely not going to come back to skyrim modding. I'll be playing it from time to time, but Fallout 4 is here and I'm considering getting in to modding that.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I am getting a bunch of error messages from TES5Edit.

Do you have the DLC/Legendary Edition and Zaz installed?

Also, it modifies a small amount of the mountain range that was formerly in front of the house, so if you have things from other mods in that exterior cell, you might have problems? In the vanilla game, there's nothing in that cell worth noting.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I reinstalled the CK, figured out how I did everything, fixed the problems with zaz's renamed files, then... added zazextensionpack as a requirement and added even more stuff.

See the change log for full details!