I have an idea that you might consider since it would free up room.

Put a crafting setup across the road from the house. Just a foundation, support posts and a roof is all that is needed. Move the anvil, workbench, etc, there while adding tanning rack and chopping block. Doing that and removing the fence will also allow players to take their horse to the stable. Currently, horses cannot pass through the gate. Anyway, by setting things up this way, you end up with all that backyard for any future expansions.

I tried a couple of things and found that Devious Framework now locks the PC in (didn't work with v1)

Yeah.  Me too!  That was a bit of a shock until I could work out what was going on, as I had never used any of the DFW mods until today!

As an aside, Is there any way yet, though, that you know of, for a PC to lock an NPC into all those nice new pieces of furniture?

I have I'll Take the Display Model II installed and it has an Amulet of Control. I haven't actually used it with ZAP furnishings, but I bet 400 quatloos it'll work. tongue.png

As for taking advantage of the NPC, I have no idea, but doubt you can. Well, other than flogging her. Or him, as the case may be.

Excellent as Display Model really is! - and if ppl haven't yet tried it, they should! - the problem with it for this purpose is that

it only seems to use the furniture and anims that DC has built into / incorporated  in it, including his own proprietary ones.  So it's not a mechanism that you can just use with all the 'furniture' that might be included in the mods you are running.

Apart from that it's a little bit too polite for some forms of gameplay, being almost sort of "would you please be ever so kind as to come this way, and perhaps be as good as sit on this nice little BDSM toy, if you don't mind?".   angel.gif 

Still, we shouldn't grumble as most of us couldn't make it work, and it would really be very churlish to be ungrateful!  shy.gif 

Excellent as Display Model really is! - and if ppl haven't yet tried it, they should! - the problem with it for this purpose is that

it only seems to use the furniture and anims that DC has built into / incorporated  in it, including his own proprietary ones.  So it's not a mechanism that you can just use with all the 'furniture' that might be included in the mods you are running.

Apart from that it's a little bit too polite for some forms of gameplay, being almost sort of "would you please be ever so kind as to come this way, and perhaps be as good as sit on this nice little BDSM toy, if you don't mind?".   angel.gif

Still, we shouldn't grumble as most of us couldn't make it work, and it would really be very churlish to be ungrateful!  shy.gif

Aw, damn. I had a couple of ideas for Aranea and Jenassa (wink wink, nudge nudge)

Lydia would make a nice Trophy Wife :P

thanks for the mod

it is cool and very good so far

hmm just had a thought (one that I caught before it got away)   if you want you could take the same approach as I have seen in another mod (for house ownership) and lock the door

with it tied to a specific key, which you could then place anywhere you want to (maybe with a note on the door, or in front of it) that way the PC has to do something to get in and be

able to use it.

anyway just my $.02 worth

thanks for the mod

it is cool and very good so far

hmm just had a thought (one that I caught before it got away)   if you want you could take the same approach as I have seen in another mod (for house ownership) and lock the door

with it tied to a specific key, which you could then place anywhere you want to (maybe with a note on the door, or in front of it) that way the PC has to do something to get in and be

able to use it.

anyway just my $.02 worth

Thanks. I've been considering a way to get the house besides just owning it automatically. Not sure which direction I'll go though. I might make a short quest at some point - any ideas on that?

I can probably think of a few ideas (none come to me right this minute) but would not be much help implementing them (for some reason story manager gives me fits in ck).

as soon as I think of a short(ish) quest I will post the idea here for your consideration.

I have a few half formed ideas...

The previous owner died in self bondage in the dungeon, after accidentally knocking her key out of reach. There's a spare key hidden near the house.

Or a slave escapes from the house after locking up her former mistress. She gives you the key (because she's not THAT vindictive) and runs away. This can lead to the mistress being a follower and maybe tying the quest in with a follower-as-sub mod.

Or maybe you can encounter the owner/mistress playing with a slave in the back yard, and you can then either join in as a sub or kill her for the key. Or enslave both and steak the key I guess.

Or maybe the house is just for sale by the owner of Old Hroldan Inn.

Or any other ideas!

Thanks. I've been considering a way to get the house besides just owning it automatically. Not sure which direction I'll go though. I might make a short quest at some point - any ideas on that?

Hi there, here are some random ideas, just from the top of my head. It is early morning here, so don't expect any game revolutionizing ideas...

1) The player is kidnapped and kept in the cellar (and tested the furnitures involuntary) before she overpowered the kidnappers and kept the house. SL kidnapped connection?

2) Someone had their female relative kidnapped. A short investigation leads to this house.

3) Something like the Animal mansion mod: an owner is trying to start up a special business, but having hard time to do it. She asks the player for help. The player has to go and somehow get the furnitures. For example convince a torturer to sell her the unused furniture. Go to a wagonwright and purhase some custom wheels. Etc. This is not really fitting, as the house is more like a private home than a public establishment.

Btw, the cellar could be bigger, to house more stuff. Or have more sections.

4) Heritage The player inherited (or finds the inheritance letter of) the house. She needs to prove that her claim is legit. This can be either a fight for the truth (if she really inherited it) or a devious quest where she tries to get someone else's property. This can include bribing officials (with money and body), kidnap, blackmail or kill real owners, etc.

Anyway, I think what you need is to set up a theme and the story around it will emerge almost automatically. You need to figure out why someone built a house with DDs everywhere. Is/was the owner a serial abuser/killer? A rich pervert's weekend house? A secret thalmor torture base? A specialized SM bordello? Etc.

Also, if you can answer the above question, it will bring a lot of NPC ideas. Who lives there? Who knows about the house? Are there prisoners in the cellar? Etc.

Well, I guess this is enough for now.

Peace,

M

i would try to get not too many mods ad a hard dependency and woudl try to get the story with the already as dependency standing mods.

my ideas so far:

- you got attacked and nearly killed, but someone stepped in and rescued you. as payment for the rescue he takes the ownership over you and you have the option to submit to him or try to escape/kill the npc

- your family has a strange background and your grandfather had owned this hous in his livetime, now it is you part to take care of the house and his needs

- there is an action for the house where you can bit on it and in the end buy it

- you got locked up in the cellar and your master/mistress died on travelsm now you need to escape your cell before you die from thirst and hunger (integration with slal)

- you find a letter with a key o jna dead courier somewhere on the road that mention this house and decide to give it a look

Yeah I agree with minimizing dependencies. I'd prefer to not add any, though sexlab might be unavoidable (and it already is a dependency of zap 6.22+, although it might be removed as a dependency from that).

Hello Asri,

I found this in Tes5Edit  (not secret, just long):

[01:07] Background Loader: [East Reach House.esp] Building reference info.
[01:07] Background Loader: Error: record STAT contains unexpected (or out of order) subrecord VMAD 44414D56
[01:07] Background Loader: Errors were found in: asriHomeDibella [sTAT:5800AFF0]
[01:07] Background Loader: Contained subrecords: EDID VMAD OBND MODL MODT DNAM
[01:07] Background Loader: Error: record STAT contains unexpected (or out of order) subrecord VMAD 44414D56
[01:07] Background Loader: Errors were found in: asriHomeSilverGoblet02 [sTAT:5800AFF3]
[01:07] Background Loader: Errors were found in: asriHomeInkwell01 [sTAT:5800AFFA]
[01:07] Background Loader: Errors were found in: asriHomeQuill01 [sTAT:5800AFFD]
[01:07] Background Loader: Errors were found in: asriHomePaperroll [sTAT:5800AFFF]
[01:07] Background Loader: Errors were found in: asriHomeGlazedBowl02 [sTAT:5800B00B]
[01:07] Background Loader: Errors were found in: asriHomeGlazedBowl01 [sTAT:5800B00C]
[01:07] Background Loader: Errors were found in: asriHomeFoodMead [sTAT:5800B014]
[01:07] Background Loader: Errors were found in: asriHomeGlazedCup01 [sTAT:5800B01D]
[01:07] Background Loader: Errors were found in: asriHomeGlazedPlate01 [sTAT:5800B025]
[01:07] Background Loader: Errors were found in: asriHomeGlazedGoblet01 [sTAT:5801012B]
[01:07] Background Loader: Errors were found in: asriHomeFlagon [sTAT:58010130]
[01:07] Background Loader: Errors were found in: asriHomeCastIronPotMedium01 [sTAT:58010133]
[01:07] Background Loader: Errors were found in: asriHomeCastIronPotSmall01 [sTAT:58010136]
[01:07] Background Loader: Errors were found in: asriHomeSoulGemBlack [sTAT:5801014A]
[01:07] Background Loader: Errors were found in: asriHomeSoulGemPiece03 [sTAT:5801014E]
[01:07] Background Loader: Errors were found in: asriHomeSoulGemPiece04 [sTAT:5801014F]
[01:07] Background Loader: Errors were found in: asriHomeSoulGemPiece02 [sTAT:58010152]
[01:07] Background Loader: Errors were found in: asriHomeSoulGemPiece01 [sTAT:58010153]
[01:07] Background Loader: Errors were found in: asriHomePestle [sTAT:580152B5]
[01:07] Background Loader: Errors were found in: asriHomeJournal [sTAT:580152BE]
[01:07] Background Loader: Errors were found in: asriHomeWoodenBowl [sTAT:58029743]
[01:07] Background Loader: Errors were found in: asriHomeCharcoal [sTAT:5802E8AF]
[01:07] Background Loader: Errors were found in: asriHomeWineCrate [sTAT:5802E8B1]
[01:07] Background Loader: Errors were found in: asriHomeFirefly [sTAT:5802E8B4]
[01:07] Background Loader: Errors were found in: asriHomeRopeCollar [sTAT:58042CEE]
[01:07] Background Loader: Errors were found in: asriHomePole [sTAT:58070720]

Since I'm not a modder, I don't know how serious is this, but I guess errors are not good. :)

I have a few half formed ideas...

The previous owner died in self bondage in the dungeon, after accidentally knocking her key out of reach. There's a spare key hidden near the house.

Or a slave escapes from the house after locking up her former mistress. She gives you the key (because she's not THAT vindictive) and runs away. This can lead to the mistress being a follower and maybe tying the quest in with a follower-as-sub mod.

Or maybe you can encounter the owner/mistress playing with a slave in the back yard, and you can then either join in as a sub or kill her for the key. Or enslave both and steak the key I guess.

Or maybe the house is just for sale by the owner of Old Hroldan Inn.

Or any other ideas!

For me, the best way to get the house would be to kill or banish the previous owner that was cruel and has many slaves tied to the devices or trapped in the cages. That way you can choose how you want to have the house for yourself, by either setting the slaves free so you have the devices for yourself, or keeping all the girls trapped and just taking over the house as a new cruel (or just devious) owner, with trapped NPCs.

I have a request for an additional piece of bondage furniture.

I picture a waterfall feeding the hot spring. The falling water is what drives one of the new bondage waterwheels :D

Where would the waterfall come from tho?