My problem is I think I just don't understand how to setup sexlife properly to achieve what I want,

which is for NPC (F/Bi and F/Les) to get together. May be sexlife just does not work with my mods for some

reason or the probability of an encounter is set so low that the mod becomes impractical and only good for

sextalk or I may be choosing the wrong attributes.

I don't really recommend you to distribute 'victim' trait to actors widely if you wish to focus on the consensual negotiaton/ act, 

since the actor A2 with this trait tend to say no to any offer of consensual act from actor A1, from my experience. 

Neither do I personally recommend to make use of the trait 'rapist', 'gold digger' for similar reasons. 

As for actors' sexuality, I assume it is not the primary cause of your problem (unless you turn all the lesbian actions in Sexlab Framework itself off).

Hi I am having the same problem.

My setup is

Finis

Sexlab

Aroused

Sexlife

ZaZanimation

Everything is installed and animations are working.

My SexLab is working - 100%

My Arouse is working - 100%

Sexlife seems to be installed properly - MCM is working but I don't see any action so far...

Hetro - hetro works fine.

Sexlab, Aroused and sexlife seems to be playing nice, that is to say, I can setup sexlab for the F. NPC and then go

to Sexlife and set up the info for the said F NPC then go to Aroused and set her arouse level. (Faster than waiting)

pzaw

Since you have all the appropriate mods installed etc it may as you say be an issue of setup, let me share some of the settings I tweak.

First, pay attention not only to your sexlife settings but your aroused settings too, they play into each other and it's easy to focus on one and forget the other.  For sexlife, I let sexlife automatically set the settings for the npc's sexual traits like dom, sub, faithful etc. I do however alter the arousal threshhold from 40 down to 20 (because npcs sometimes take forever to get up to higher levels of arousal) and i take the frequency of the scan from 30 down to 20 to make it more frequent. (it also helps to have a mod installed that allows certain actions to arouse npcs automatically- in my case I use sexlab interactive arousal. npcs get aroused when wearing certain peices of clothing, reading certain books and drinking alcohol etc-so does the player) for the sexlab aroused settings, I changed the scan frequency from 120 down to 20. npcs and the player will update their aroused setting much quicker . Also, if you are primarily setting your npcs to be bi etc, make sure they are set as that in sexlab aroused as well, or check the box in sexlife that initialized actor's sexuality so that it bypasses aroused for that setting. also, since hetero is working, do you have the appropriate lesbian animations installed for it to choose from?

Thank you for helping me. I appreciate it.

Automatic? How do you set what you want like say for Carlotta Valentia. Her character seem more suited to being a

Bi or lesbian than Heterosexual. Does that mean it is not advisable or does it not work if I set the attributes for the sex traits?

I will check sexlab interactive arousal out but later when I have fixed this one. Thanks for the great suggestion.

I found that setting the sexuality of the NPC (Bi) in SexLab sets the sexual preference (both sexes) in Sexlife. so this is what I have been doing.  I then verify the SexLab and Sexlife settings and then I set the SexLabaroused through Puppet master to bring both/all females up to a high value.

This will initiate the sexual advances I guess or at least raise the probability of coitus. I have also set scan rate to 20 on arousal and 30 on sexlife.

"...make sure they are set as that in sexlab aroused as well, or check the box in sexlife that initialized actor's sexuality so that it bypasses aroused for that setting.."

Sorry, I don't understand? I don't see any settings like that on my SexLab Aroused. I see an initialized actor sexuality which is not checked.

What does that do exactly? I did not understand the help text at the bottom so left it alone unchecked.

I have ZAZanimation installed and it is supposed to have lesbian animations. What animation package do you use?

Even to see animation for Hetro I have to force it by setting the rape box. But I don't want that.

Does anyone know the actual mechanics of the system, I mean instead of us guessing what effect each attribute has, their weight in the formula to calculate the overall value of outcomes.

Have managed to see coitus between and F-F? I assume that it works but I have not been able to prove it though.

I have proved what doesn't work and really all indications are that it does not work as expected.

I have been trying to get it to work but there are too many factors so the best is to know the mechanics of the system.

pzaw

Edit:

As I was writing this Sigrid (Bi, sizequeen, victom) had it with Hadgar (Hetro, Dom). This is the first time that  saw a bi coitus.

and I waited in the house a long time!!!! I think your good suggestion about changing the timing did the trick. Thanks.

This mod is good but does not seem too practical.

The odds are huge that any PC will be in a location long enough to catch anyone in Coitus.

It may even be worse for Bi-lesbian and and bi-bi.

My problem is I think I just don't understand how to setup sexlife properly to achieve what I want,

which is for NPC (F/Bi and F/Les) to get together. May be sexlife just does not work with my mods for some

reason or the probability of an encounter is set so low that the mod becomes impractical and only good for

sextalk or I may be choosing the wrong attributes.

I don't really recommend you to distribute 'victim' trait to actors widely if you wish to focus on the consensual negotiaton/ act, 

since the actor A2 with this trait tend to say no to any offer of consensual act from actor A1, from my experience. 

Neither do I personally recommend to make use of the trait 'rapist', 'gold digger' for similar reasons. 

As for actors' sexuality, I assume it is not the primary cause of your problem (unless you turn all the lesbian actions in Sexlab Framework itself off).

I do not think so either but makes you wonder how you can setup a game without knowing the mechanics of it.

Anyway,I just witnessed a coitus between Sigrid (Bi, SizeQueeen,Victim) and Hadva ( Hetro. and dominant ) and I checked their stats on SexLab.

they had consensual coitus no rape.

Sexlab says....

Sigrid  had sex with Hadvr and counts have only 1 in male partner and the rest is 0.

Hadvr  had sex with Sigrid and counts have only 1 in Female partner and the rest is 0.

Proves it.

The only thing I did differently is change the timers as suggested by Halleaon.

So it seems persistence of Hadvr  payed off!

pzaw

I notice that even if female actors do not have the "dick size matters" (or something similar) perk, the debug log still tells me that rule block the sex act. My theory is that since I use SOS lite, the male actors will never have the "dick size" value for the script to process. For those of us who skipped "SOS Full", Dooge, do you think you can give us a "zero" value to the dick size slider and if selected, force the script to pass for a gigantic phallus size?

I notice that even if female actors do not have the "dick size matters" (or something similar) perk, the debug log still tells me that rule block the sex act. My theory is that since I use SOS lite, the male actors will never have the "dick size" value for the script to process. For those of us who skipped "SOS Full", Dooge, do you think you can give us a "zero" value to the dick size slider and if selected, force the script to pass for a gigantic phallus size?

I wondered about that also.

I use SOS and Racemenu. I edit the willy size and shape in race menu.

So it is well above 7. my idea is it can be another filter that I can use.

in SOS the average willy is set to 10 I think and the variation is set to 10%.

In another words all guys have big dicks if the threshold in sexlife is 7.

I have left it that way during my test.

Btu why do we need to even do this trial and error hit or miss?

surely someone on here could tell us the formula?

Is there proper documentation for this mod?

ok,

Ive used the debug to see what will happen.

set up 2 wenches as lesbians and both dominant and victim nothing else

Dominant - tries to get more sex!

victim - unable to resist sex when approached!

They still fail.

The messages say "Correct gender but still play matrix genderfail."

That does not make sense does it? What does that mean a dice role is unsuccessful?

I feel without proper info in the mechanics of it this mod is a waste of time sorry to say.

I think I will give this mod a total miss and try some other mod until I get more info on it.

Does anyone here know another one that is straight forward in getting two NPC to interact?

Has anyone used scent of sex?

I suppose I should check that out.

If you turn 'the log on the screen' option on, you can see message of 'ignoring the sizequeen trait due to SoS (full) not found", 

and I can sometimes witness acts between the actors while using SoS lite. 

So, I suppose that Sizequeen trait itself does not hinder the successful coupling. 

If you are still worry about, just lower the minimum value of the sizequeen to '1',

which is the original value of SoS lite (0 is without any 'schlong', if I remember the mechanism of SoS correctly).

You could also use the setfactionrank command on an individual NPC or even yourself, for instance if you're using SOS VectorPlexus Regular schlong you could open the console select the NPC and type "setfactionrank SOS_Addon_VectorPlexusRegular_Faction 10", viola, instant 10, it works with SexLife as I use the Racemenu plugin to set a custom scholng and then set myself via the console so that Sexlife sees it.

Sorry, but I haven't followed this mod in a while, but is the invisible "Me" actor still there or not, because that was the one thing that made me remove this from my game.

The latest version gets rid of it. :)

Edit: You of course meant the invisible "You"...? ;)

yes, it's that long ago that I forgot what was it called

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, this mod is golden. It was having absolutely hilarious moments with it, like Ancano approaching every female character in the Hall of the Elements and everyone was rejecting him. It was like "nobody likes you, Thalmor. Go away!". Hahahaha

BTW, the best way to use it for the PC, IMO, is not to exclude your character from the mod, but just disable every mark for him/her. Works especially well for a female PC - this way horny guys will start approaching you, initiating conversation (I mean, saying something, running up to you and commenting - not opening actual convo dialog), and it's up to you to either ignore them completely, or use SLEN to initiate an actual conversation and propose sex - because you know they want your character, and you won't be rejected. Just like in real life :) It's even better, IMO, than opening dialog every time - much less annoying.

BTW, the best way to use it for the PC, IMO, is not to exclude your character from the mod, but just disable every mark for him/her. Works especially well for a female PC - this way horny guys will start approaching you, initiating conversation (I mean, saying something, running up to you and commenting - not opening actual convo dialog), and it's up to you to either ignore them completely, or use SLEN to initiate an actual conversation and propose sex - because you know they want your character, and you won't be rejected. Just like in real life :) It's even better, IMO, than opening dialog every time - much less annoying.

This sounds genius. I'll give it a try.

because you know they want your character, and you won't be rejected

Not necessarily. Being "desired" in SLSL dataset doesn't automatically imply the same in SLEN dataset, those are two completely independent systems, each with its own metrics and algorithms.

It's even better, IMO, than opening dialog every time - much less annoying

But not for everyone. For me it is exactly the opposite - much worse and totally ruins immersion of "someone approaching my char" type of event.

SLEN is intended to do opposite task - PC approaching NPC. This fact alone makes it completely unsuited for NPC->PC events - having to start the dialog manually and pick one of those cheesy pick-up lines completely ruins all immersion for me. Besides that it has overly distilled/generic/boring and _static_ "I want to..." options, which are even further limited by arousal/relship rank/etc. And, obviously, no guarantee at all that you won't be rejected. I'm not really bashing SLEN here, not at all, besides some weak aspects it still is a great mod, just not well suited for such kind of events.

If you ask me, a proper force-greet PC dialogues is what SexLife absolutely needs to complement npc-npc events and become truly self-contained. It may be single all-in-one or separate mods, but it should use the very same selection logic and personality parameters, and not require any unnecessary intermediate actions from player. These along with proper (read spicy/funny/live) dialog lines are the key for immersion. At least for persons like me with total lack of imagination)

Ideally it should have

- the same context/personality-dependent alternating lines as for npc-npc

- with several PC-personality-dependent answer options

- with options to agree, refuse or just ignore (on dialog dismiss, should be treated somewhat like refusal, but preferably using different lines)

- possibility to get raped on refusal, but still with option to try to resist in some cases (fus-ro-dah him away/brawl/run anaway)

- some options to chose sex type/pose (by generic tags doggy/standing/bj/etc) for consensual, selection may possibly be limited by approaching npc personality

- options to do it in place or go somwhere private

I haven't looked at implementation details, so may be wrong here, but for me such a thing looks pretty easy to implement technically - just

if(A2==player) then {pick and assign appropriate force-greet package to A1} else {start a scene / do whatever should be done for NPC-NPC}

It may even be made toggleable in MCM for those who don't want it.

On immersion side of things there probably lays a big boilerplate of dialogue work. However, I think some minimalistic implementation with just a couple of topics/branches would be enough for starters, and then it can be gradually extended and refined in details. Possibly, even up to addition of topics for active-PC (pc approach npc), thus achieving 100% coverage of immersive all-in-one dialog-sex mod or series of mods covering both NPC<->NPC and PC<->NPC interactions in consistent and seamless way.

I always wanted and looked for such a mod, but up to date there are none I'm aware of even close to that, especially if u don't want to play whore/prostitute type of char.

And currently no mod could be closer to achiving what I described than SexLife - almost everything is already here - npc personalities, matching logic, dialogue lines. Only forcegreet topics is missing. I really hope you, Dooge, consider implementing some or all of features I described here. That would be absolutely awesome!

Sorry, but I haven't followed this mod in a while, but is the invisible "Me" actor still there or not, because that was the one thing that made me remove this from my game.

The latest version gets rid of it. :)

Edit: You of course meant the invisible "You"...? ;)

yes, it's that long ago that I forgot what was it called

You, yes you! You are dead! (Sorry couldn't help it) 

because you know they want your character, and you won't be rejected

Not necessarily. Being "desired" in SLSL dataset doesn't automatically imply the same in SLEN dataset, those are two completely independent systems, each with its own metrics and algorithms.

Yes, they are not the same (to my regret, I wish SLEN and SLSL would be more integrated). Still, as I understand, NPCs approache someone in SL only when they have high arousal, and this arousal also affects their response in SLEN - at least that worked so far. The ideal solution would be some compatibility patch for both mods, that would ensure zero probability of SLEN dialog check in case of NPC approaching your character.

Thank you, this mod is golden. It was having absolutely hilarious moments with it, like Ancano approaching every female character in the Hall of the Elements and everyone was rejecting him. It was like "nobody likes you, Thalmor. Go away!". Hahahaha

Hey guys,

Could someone please help me out with this mod? I was very enthusiastic about it when I downloaded it, everything sounds good about it, but I couldn't get it to work.

The mod starts, the MCM menu appears, I can set everything up freely and then nothing happens. I played for days, waited, left then reentered cells, saved and reloaded my saves, but nothing. NPCs don't have a sexlife, not even any interest - unless my PC approaches them with SLEN which works fine for me - even though they are aroused enough. Even the dialogues don't start. So yeah, I need some help with it.

I use the latest version of SLSL, installed according to the instructions and it's almost the last thing on my mod load list (only Dynavision loads after it).

Hey guys,

Could someone please help me out with this mod? I was very enthusiastic about it when I downloaded it, everything sounds good about it, but I couldn't get it to work.

The mod starts, the MCM menu appears, I can set everything up freely and then nothing happens. I played for days, waited, left then reentered cells, saved and reloaded my saves, but nothing. NPCs don't have a sexlife, not even any interest - unless my PC approaches them with SLEN which works fine for me - even though they are aroused enough. Even the dialogues don't start. So yeah, I need some help with it.

I use the latest version of SLSL, installed according to the instructions and it's almost the last thing on my mod load list (only Dynavision loads after it).

Hey @Myrabelle,

If SLSL is at the bottom of your Load Order then it should not be a matter of a conflict. I presume you have all required mods installed?

Have you tried testing in the debug mode? If not choose 2 NPCs (various couples), configure them with no traits, also try changing their sexual preferences either in SexLab or SL Aroused. Also I would increase sex act probability in SLSL configuration by lowering Arousal Threshold to the minimum, maybe toggle on all fetish content as well. Then force SLSL fire up via the hotkey (maybe a few times). If nothing's changed this maybe some installation issue and/or scripts don't start.

Well, that's all I can think of atm.

BTW, how did you install the mod, through a mod manager or manually?

Hey guys,

Hey @Myrabelle,

If SLSL is at the bottom of your Load Order then it should not be a matter of a conflict. I presume you have all required mods installed?

Have you tried testing in the debug mode? If not choose 2 NPCs (various couples), configure them with no traits, also try changing their sexual preferences either in SexLab or SL Aroused. Also I would increase sex act probability in SLSL configuration by lowering Arousal Threshold to the minimum, maybe toggle on all fetish content as well. Then force SLSL fire up via the hotkey (maybe a few times). If nothing's changed this maybe some installation issue and/or scripts don't start.

Thanks for the reply ,

I have all the hard dependencies installed (and work fine, they are also the reqs for SLEN that runs without a problem) and SOS Light.

I tried the debug mode now, it showed that the scripts start running but there are errors. After maximising the arousal for the test couple and setting everything up as you suggested, I had to manually set them up as A1 and A2 for anything to happen. Then A1 finally walked up to A2, then just stood there, looked around and went back to where he came from. I got error messages about genderfail scene timeout and approach scene timeout. It said something about gender being right but there still being a matrix genderfail. 

I installed the mod manually, like every other mod I use. Maybe I missed an instruction? I just put everything into my 'data' folder as I usually do.

Hey guys,

Hey @Myrabelle,

Thanks for the reply ,

I have all the hard dependencies installed (and work fine, they are also the reqs for SLEN that runs without a problem) and SOS Light.

I tried the debug mode now, it showed that the scripts start running but there are errors. After maximising the arousal for the test couple and setting everything up as you suggested, I had to manually set them up as A1 and A2 for anything to happen. Then A1 finally walked up to A2, then just stood there, looked around and went back to where he came from. I got error messages about genderfail scene timeout and approach scene timeout. It said something about gender being right but there still being a matrix genderfail. 

I installed the mod manually, like every other mod I use. Maybe I missed an instruction? I just put everything into my 'data' folder as I usually do.

I suppose you installed everything right. So the problem is elsewhere. I can't think of a solution now, sorry, but if I come up with something I'll let you know. Hopefully, Dooge will have some ideas.

Cheers.

Not sure if this mod works presently. With debug to screen on, I keep getting an approachscene timeout and no sex happens even after the actors walk to one another.

If the mod didn't work for me I wouldn't try to find a solution for those of you who can't play it. In my game NPCs and followers do have sexual life thanks to SLSL.

As much as I would like to help, I always keep in mind that mods sometimes just don't work. There are so many factors that may be the cause, that it is impossible for me to guess the culprits in every particular case. Perhaps if I'd had problems with running the mod and solved them, I would provide you with a solution. But, fortunately for me and unfortunately for you, I play SLSL without issues.

Maybe @Dooge, as the author of the mod, will have some ideas how to help you. Also, your (I mean anyone who can't get SLSL running properly) papyrus logs and load orders may help.

I am sorry I can't be of more help. :(