I have added some new dialoque items, and will keep adding more.

Any specific areas of interest? I could put some effort in special requests as well.

Would be interesting to add dialogue options where NPCsto comment other nearby NPCs like "boy that girl is so easy, or he or she only goes for the big once" Or in regards to gold-digger traits "She is so stuck up- etc..." or for the rich guy "She knows what to appriciate etc..." or "She know what is importernt in life etc"... Not sure if this is feasable or remotely useful. Only trying to throw in some ideas,,,

Good mod!

pbh

It's interesting, but the random event of chatter does only have 2 targets (the speakers). These things could be said nevertheless, or perhaps 3rd target could be acquired and comments chosen accordingly. I'll think about it.

I think it would add a new level of immersion, but as I said might be very difficult! Thank you for considering it though!

/pbh

I have added some new dialoque items, and will keep adding more.

Any specific areas of interest? I could put some effort in special requests as well.

Would be interesting to add dialogue options where NPCsto comment other nearby NPCs like "boy that girl is so easy, or he or she only goes for the big once" Or in regards to gold-digger traits "She is so stuck up- etc..." or for the rich guy "She knows what to appriciate etc..." or "She know what is importernt in life etc"... Not sure if this is feasable or remotely useful. Only trying to throw in some ideas,,,

Good mod!

pbh

It's interesting, but the random event of chatter does only have 2 targets (the speakers). These things could be said nevertheless, or perhaps 3rd target could be acquired and comments chosen accordingly. I'll think about it.

Hello everybody and hello Dooge,

I use your mod since few days and test it with / whitout cheats.

Work well except somes stranges bugs - maybe due to others mods.

I've read in first pages that a "go-to-bed script" might be added for full immersion.

Honestly I haven't read 76 pages of this topic to investigate the progress of this feature.

Can you tell me if it will come soon?

Otherwise, I've began to learn papyrus scripting on the Creation Kit website to help modders.

But I need to analyze and learn a hugue database even for knowledges that doesn't serve the final purpose (builds links between mods, allows NPC-NPC chats and behaviors).

Lastly, english is not in my mothertongue so I often lose a lot of time before realizing I'm on the wrong way, learning a not-so-useful script.

I would be honored to have a mentorship who can slightly guide me by recommending specifics tutorials.

In return, I will (especially for this mod who hold very good promises for me) use my fresh new skills and my free-time (at least 5-6 hours/day for next 2 weeks and more later) to enable as much features as I can.

Waiting for your answers.

Once more, very nice work too.

TKG

Hello everybody and hello Dooge,

I use your mod since few days and test it with / whitout cheats.

Work well except somes stranges bugs - maybe due to others mods.

I've read in first pages that a "go-to-bed script" might be added for full immersion.

Honestly I haven't read 76 pages of this topic to investigate the progress of this feature.

Can you tell me if it will come soon?

Otherwise, I've began to learn papyrus scripting on the Creation Kit website to help modders.

But I need to analyze and learn a hugue database even for knowledges that doesn't serve the final purpose (builds links between mods, allows NPC-NPC chats and behaviors).

Lastly, english is not in my mothertongue so I often lose a lot of time before realizing I'm on the wrong way, learning a not-so-useful script.

I would be honored to have a mentorship who can slightly guide me by recommending specifics tutorials.

In return, I will (especially for this mod who hold very good promises for me) use my fresh new skills and my free-time (at least 5-6 hours/day for next 2 weeks and more later) to enable as much features as I can.

Waiting for your answers.

Once more, very nice work too.

TKG

Hello,

The go-to-bed was never added. I wasn't modding for more than a year and just recently got back. Made some long-awaited bug-fixes to this mod but nothing major.

Best way to learn about modding is to have passion and stubbornness and to have an idea of something that needs to be done. Something simple at first. This mod is perhaps not the best mod to study as learning experience, as my code is quite chaotic, but then again you should look at some mod that you really like because that helps to keep the motivation on.

Best place to start in my opnnion is trying to make MCM with SKYUI. This includes making a esp in CK, adding a quest to it, attaching a script, writing some papyrus code in it, compiling it, and seeing what is shown in the mcm. There is a decent guide to do this https://github.com/schlangster/skyui/wiki/MCM-Quickstart

Very thanks to your advices, I had your link to my favorites.

I'm far to help you for SLSL but if I manage learning papyrus one days, I'll be happy to help you clean/lighten your code and add somes features.

Honestly I don't know if I have a real passion for coding, and my first impression on it was "Hell, it's look a fuckin' pain in the ass!".

But as a RPG-fan I obviously have the dream to enforce as much as possible immersion in games.

While waiting your answer I just build my first contribution for a mod : a HDT patch (UNP Minidresses Collection Standalone). It will be realease soon on Nexus, I'm very happy :D

Not very hard indeed, but I don't expect much about 3D design (vanilla Skyrim is already very furnished in weapons / outfits).

But vanilla Skyrim scripts became boring after a consequent amount of hours playing. I think there a lot to do for it.

TKG

Very thanks to your advices, I had your link to my favorites.

I'm far to help you for SLSL but if I manage learning papyrus one days, I'll be happy to help you clean/lighten your code and add somes features.

Honestly I don't know if I have a real passion for coding, and my first impression on it was "Hell, it's look a fuckin' pain in the ass!".

But as a RPG-fan I obviously have the dream to enforce as much as possible immersion in games.

While waiting your answer I just build my first contribution for a mod : a HDT patch (UNP Minidresses Collection Standalone). It will be realease soon on Nexus, I'm very happy :D

Not very hard indeed, but I don't expect much about 3D design (vanilla Skyrim is already very furnished in weapons / outfits).

But vanilla Skyrim scripts became boring after a consequent amount of hours playing. I think there a lot to do for it.

TKG

Yes I agree, the stuff that adds most immersion is NPC behavior, and that area is seriously lacking compared to weapon mods etc.

You know Dooge, you could look at the mod SexLab Approach and see how it handles NPC-to-Player interactions, if you could get the Player sex working, this would be a perfect mod, IMHO. But great work, nonetheless.

The problem is Sexlife uses scenes, and to make it interactive for PC would mean everything would need to be done also as dialogues, and that means double the work. I will think about it thou. And I will install approach and see what it does and how.

Personally I don't much care about PC interactions, it's the immersion of NPC <> NPC interactions that I like. This mod is super close to being perfect as I do get NPCs having sex, though it is rare. Alongside "spectator crowds" Skyrim is very immersive.

Personally I don't much care about PC interactions, it's the immersion of NPC <> NPC interactions that I like. This mod is super close to being perfect as I do get NPCs having sex, though it is rare. Alongside "spectator crowds" Skyrim is very immersive.

Thank you for your kind words, that is the purpose of this mod yes.

Well, if you need any help Dooge, I'd be glad to lend a hand. And SexLab Approach uses scenes as well for PC-NPC interaction and I've gotten rather familiar with it.

OK I downloaded Attraction and Approach and will have a look later.

One possible solution would be just to make an additional mod, using the attributes that Sexlife has set already. That way it could be made cleaner and tidier.

That might be a good idea Dooge, as Approach/Attraction are kinda long in the tooth and a touch buggy.

Im working on the Idler, a modders resource that plays single actor idles. That would be a good resource to use also.

One of the 1st thing to came in my mind when I thought about NPC-PC interaction is a ForceGreet package.

For NPC-NPC a scene implanted in a quest ID, with scripts at the end.

If one day we will add a go-to-bed or hiding interaction we have to work on what happen after.

Actually I can't inspect your mod Dooge because (for learning purpose) I've clean my Skyrim to all mods to experiment my scripts.

But I suppose you have use this type of operation : 

-An actor Script Check Arousal level (masterfile SL Arounsed).

-Quest starting, scan of nearby NPC (but I have no clues of how you did it).

-IA package (walk to the target).

-Scene start (I suppose you have entered all possibilities in dialogues).

-During conversation you may use fragment scripts to check packages and define sucess and fail.

-And at the very end of the scene nothing if actors fails to match, or a routing scripts to sexlab if actors succeed (or rapist option).

Am I on the right way?

TKG

One of the 1st thing to came in my mind when I thought about NPC-PC interaction is a ForceGreet package.

For NPC-NPC a scene implanted in a quest ID, with scripts at the end.

If one day we will add a go-to-bed or hiding interaction we have to work on what happen after.

Actually I can't inspect your mod Dooge because (for learning purpose) I've clean my Skyrim to all mods to experiment my scripts.

But I suppose you have use this type of operation : 

-An actor Script Check Arousal level (masterfile SL Arounsed).

-Quest starting, scan of nearby NPC (but I have no clues of how you did it).

-IA package (walk to the target).

-Scene start (I suppose you have entered all possibilities in dialogues).

-During conversation you may use fragment scripts to check packages and define sucess and fail.

-And at the very end of the scene nothing if actors fails to match, or a routing scripts to sexlab if actors succeed (or rapist option).

Am I on the right way?

TKG

It's a quest that is always on, now and then it picks two random actors.

Checks bunch or conditons, and then plays a scene based on that or just drops the whole thing. There is AI pack in the scene, to make them walk to each other.

Some scenes end up in sex. Others are just talk.

This is really cool man !

This gives so much immersion than any other "random sex" mod, I love it ! Didn't see any conflict with my other 200+ mods for now (whereas most of them are immersion / npcs / quests related and TES5Edit doesn't seem to tell there's any conflict too). My dominant Jenassa girl tries to rape every man in the map haha that's so funny to watch !

Got a question tho : in case a npc doesn't have any preferences set (with npc configs you provide), do you apply some default preferences to him ?

Thanks again for the awesome work ;)

This is really cool man !

This gives so much immersion than any other "random sex" mod, I love it ! Didn't see any conflict with my other 200+ mods for now (whereas most of them are immersion / npcs / quests related and TES5Edit doesn't seem to tell there's any conflict too). My dominant Jenassa girl tries to rape every man in the map haha that's so funny to watch !

Got a question tho : in case a npc doesn't have any preferences set (with npc configs you provide), do you apply some default preferences to him ?

Thanks again for the awesome work ;)

Thanks for your nice comments.

Yes, the mod sets each actor in game and also in most mods to have their own immersive preferences.

I keep getting this notification on the top left of my screen:

Sexlife: OnUpdate start work function

What does this mean? I have all the requirements installed, so I don't think there should be anything wrong with this mod.

No worries, there's nothing wrong with your mod. You just have debug enabled (and the setting to show debug messages in-game).

You should be able to turn it off in the MCM, under the "Debugging" tab.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think it's working correctly on my side. I've been using it for my latest playthrough and I've so far failed to see a single instance of sex being initiated. I mean, the NPC's go up to each other and it says that someone's making a move, but then they just stand there and stare and nothing further happens. Am I doing something wrong here or?

did you install 1.9.4 and 1.9.5? (must have both installed in order for it to work properly) and are your other mods that require animations like sexlab working properly? (-can you initiate sex outside of this mod?) and do you have all the hard dependencies installed? sexlife can be very tempermental, if all else fails, try moving it to the bottom of your load order.

Hi I am having the same problem.

My setup is

Finis

Sexlab

Aroused

Sexlife

ZaZanimation

Everything is installed and animations are working.

My SexLab is working - 100%

My Arouse is working - 100%

Sexlife seems to be installed properly - MCM is working but I don't see any action so far...

Hetro - hetro works fine.

Sexlab, Aroused and sexlife seems to be playing nice, that is to say, I can setup sexlab for the F. NPC and then go

to Sexlife and set up the info for the said F NPC then go to Aroused and set her arouse level. (Faster than waiting)

So my little experiment is:-

I go to the Bannered Mare and I reset the character's sex acts so they all start at 0 for all sex acts.

This is to test whether sexLab will register a sex act without the animation displaying

and also to check what and who they did it with, without getting all confused with the seeded data.

I have spent 2 game days (2 real days) playing around trying to find info on my problem.

The only thing that I see is sex talk but it fails to "succeed" and nothing.

I have played around with the settings and absolutely nothing.

My Bannered Mare is full of horny BI/lesbians all walking around (this would increase the chances of seeing one

lesbian action - no?). I can see in the console that there are lots and lots of hits listed.

**** cut ****

Oh while I am here , Could I ask a feature - in my testing I miss some banta and it would be nice to read recent banta in

the console screen. It would help in debugging. I think it would not take much to do this.

**** cut ****

Is there any info or example on how to setup NPCs and Followers with sexlife to achieve this.

I don't want to use spells. I would like to achieve this in a natural way.

So to keep track of NPCs in the test I list their settings on paper like this:

The format I use is...

Name   -

Sexlab - Sexuality

Sexlife - Gender Pref.

- Is Married

- Faithful

- Sub.

- Dom.

- Rapist

- Racist

- Sizeq.

- Goldd.

- Excluded

- Victim

- Pros.

- n/a    (Not applicable)

So Eg.

Name   - Ysolda

Sexlab - Bi

Sexlife - Both

- False        (F)

- F  

- F

- F

- F

- F

- F

- F

- True        (T)

- T

My problem is I think I just don't understand how to setup sexlife properly to achieve what I want,

which is for NPC (F/Bi and F/Les) to get together. May be sexlife just does not work with my mods for some

reason or the probability of an encounter is set so low that the mod becomes impractical and only good for

sextalk or I may be choosing the wrong attributes.

hope someone, anyone can help as I am pulling out my hair here.

You are my last resort before I uninstall this mod.

pzaw

I don't think it's working correctly on my side. I've been using it for my latest playthrough and I've so far failed to see a single instance of sex being initiated. I mean, the NPC's go up to each other and it says that someone's making a move, but then they just stand there and stare and nothing further happens. Am I doing something wrong here or?

did you install 1.9.4 and 1.9.5? (must have both installed in order for it to work properly) and are your other mods that require animations like sexlab working properly? (-can you initiate sex outside of this mod?) and do you have all the hard dependencies installed? sexlife can be very tempermental, if all else fails, try moving it to the bottom of your load order.

Hi I am having the same problem.

My setup is

Finis

Sexlab

Aroused

Sexlife

ZaZanimation

Everything is installed and animations are working.

My SexLab is working - 100%

My Arouse is working - 100%

Sexlife seems to be installed properly - MCM is working but I don't see any action so far...

Hetro - hetro works fine.

Sexlab, Aroused and sexlife seems to be playing nice, that is to say, I can setup sexlab for the F. NPC and then go

to Sexlife and set up the info for the said F NPC then go to Aroused and set her arouse level. (Faster than waiting)

So my little experiment is:-

I go to the Bannered Mare and I reset the character's sex acts so they all start at 0 for all sex acts.

This is to test whether sexLab will register a sex act without the animation displaying

and also to check what and who they did it with, without getting all confused with the seeded data.

I have spent 2 game days (2 real days) playing around trying to find info on my problem.

The only thing that I see is sex talk but it fails to "succeed" and nothing.

I have played around with the settings and absolutely nothing.

My Bannered Mare is full of horny BI/lesbians all walking around (this would increase the chances of seeing one

lesbian action - no?). I can see in the console that there are lots and lots of hits listed.

**** cut ****

Oh while I am here , Could I ask a feature - in my testing I miss some banta and it would be nice to read recent banta in

the console screen. It would help in debugging. I think it would not take much to do this.

**** cut ****

Is there any info or example on how to setup NPCs and Followers with sexlife to achieve this.

I don't want to use spells. I would like to achieve this in a natural way.

So to keep track of NPCs in the test I list their settings on paper like this:

The format I use is...

Name   -

Sexlab - Sexuality

Sexlife - Gender Pref.

- Is Married

- Faithful

- Sub.

- Dom.

- Rapist

- Racist

- Sizeq.

- Goldd.

- Excluded

- Victim

- Pros.

So Eg.

Name   - Ysolda

Sexlab - Bi

Sexlife - Both

- False        (F)

- F  

- F

- F

- F

- F

- F

- F

- True        (T)

- T

My problem is I think I just don't understand how to setup sexlife properly to achieve what I want,

which is for NPC (F/Bi and F/Les) to get together. May be sexlife just does not work with my mods for some

reason or the probability of an encounter is set so low that the mod becomes impractical and only good for

sextalk or I may be choosing the wrong attributes.

hope someone, anyone can help as I am pulling out my hair here.

You are my last resort before I uninstall this mod.

pzaw

Since you have all the appropriate mods installed etc it may as you say be an issue of setup, let me share some of the settings I tweak. First, pay attention not only to your sexlife settings but your aroused settings too, they play into each other and it's easy to focus on one and forget the other.  For sexlife, I let sexlife automatically set the settings for the npc's sexual traits like dom, sub, faithful etc. I do however alter the arousal threshhold from 40 down to 20 (because npcs sometimes take forever to get up to higher levels of arousal) and i take the frequency of the scan from 30 down to 20 to make it more frequent. (it also helps to have a mod installed that allows certain actions to arouse npcs automatically- in my case I use sexlab interactive arousal. npcs get aroused when wearing certain peices of clothing, reading certain books and drinking alcohol etc-so does the player) for the sexlab aroused settings, I changed the scan frequency from 120 down to 20. npcs and the player will update their aroused setting much quicker . Also, if you are primarily setting your npcs to be bi etc, make sure they are set as that in sexlab aroused as well, or check the box in sexlife that initialized actor's sexuality so that it bypasses aroused for that setting. also, since hetero is working, do you have the appropriate lesbian animations installed for it to choose from?

hi,

I did so many experiments with it that I think it broke skyrim.

It started to CTD.

So I had to start a clean game. I had enough experience with mods to

install Sexlife at the beginning at the stones and then went to whiterun.

to test my setup so I did not lose any real game.

Can anyone tell me the mechanics of this mod please, the formula

that will result in coitus?

At this stage it seems it is just a roll of 2 dice.

pzaw