A good place to test is the Riverwood trader because it will only be you, Camilla an the shop owner, then remove all there traits other than the placeholders an see if they then have sex.

Incest! (They are brother and sister, but look upstairs and they do sleep in the same room with each other)

Well if there into it thats up to them but it is a good place to test.

And yes the menu is meant to show, if it does not I can only recommend uninstalling it, clean your save an then reinstall it.

A good place to test is the Riverwood trader because it will only be you, Camilla an the shop owner, then remove all there traits other than the placeholders an see if they then have sex.

Incest! (They are brother and sister, but look upstairs and they do sleep in the same room with each other)

And yes the menu is meant to show, if it does not I can only recommend uninstalling it, clean your save an then reinstall it.

Thanks for the reply.

So I disabled the mod through MCM, saved the game, deactivated the mod in MO, resaved the savegame, cleaned it, and reactivated the mod, now it won't show up at all. Guess this might have to do with Bashed patches and Skyproc patches though (have had scripting issues without updating those as well with other mods), so I guess I'll just wait for a more stable release before I retest this mod. Skyproc alone takes close to an hour to complete, and with the speed of these updates I cba to redoing that every day :P

Thanks for the reply.

So I disabled the mod through MCM, saved the game, deactivated the mod in MO, resaved the savegame, cleaned it, and reactivated the mod, now it won't show up at all. Guess this might have to do with Bashed patches and Skyproc patches though (have had scripting issues without updating those as well with other mods), so I guess I'll just wait for a more stable release before I retest this mod. Skyproc alone takes close to an hour to complete, and with the speed of these updates I cba to redoing that every day :P

Deactivated the mod and uninstall it (Don't just untick it you need to remove it completely) then run the game for a few minutes, save the game, use a save cleaner, run the game again for a few minutes and save again, then reinstall the mod and wait for it to register then it should show on MCM.

Thanks for the reply.

Deactivated the mod and uninstall it (Don't just untick it you need to remove it completely) then run the game for a few minutes, save the game, use a save cleaner, run the game again for a few minutes and save again, then reinstall the mod and wait for it to register then it should show on MCM.

That's what I did. It's MO, so it shouldn't matter if I remove it completely or not (in the left panel), it was a fresh install of the mod yesterday, so it didn't overwrite other files or anything. Still, gonna wait a bit till Dooge gets a bit further along. I like where it's headed, just don't wanna clutter up my game atm, as I'm trying to actually beat the game for once :P

On the subject of MCM, how long does it take to show up when you start a new game?

I updated to 0.8.3 yesterday and started a new game, but the MCM never showed up.  This was after two save -> quit -> reloads and about 30 minutes worth of setting up all my other mods hoping that the MCM for this one would just magically appear, but it never did.

I think I made the MCM issue just worse in 0.8.3. I was trying something to make it work for those people who didn't see it, and I only broke it for those  whom it was working. Now everyone (other than first time users) needs to do the savegame cleaning, and that will only take things to as far as it was prior 0.8.3... meaning some people still won't see the menu.

Some volunteer with MCM problem can try this 083a with clean save?

adcSexlife-0.8.3a.zip

I think I made the MCM issue just worse in 0.8.3. I was trying something to make it work for those people who didn't see it, and I only broke it for those  whom it was working. Now everyone (other than first time users) needs to do the savegame cleaning, and that will only take things to as far as it was prior 0.8.3... meaning some people still won't see the menu.

I just tried it, and though I got debug messages in the top left relating to Sexlife that I wasn't receiving before, still no MCM.

The debug messages are:  Sexlife:  MCM OnGameReload and Sexlife:  MCM OnConfigInit

I wasn't getting those messages before, so progress?

EDIT

Ok so I just completely uninstalled Sexlife and re-installed it again with your new version and it worked on a new game.  About to start another new game (a real one this time) and I'll update here if it still works or not.

As for MCM issue, it works fine for me, as well as ver 0.8.3.

Installed over the clean save, around 20 seconds after the notification of MCM appeared on the corner.

My main problem after updating 0.8.x, however, is the progress of flirting- action process.

I tested 0.8.3a in the Sleeping Giant in Riverwood, and new scene

progress system seemed to have not worked.

Virtually all the scene ended up as timeout, and for most of the case the partners just stared each other

for some (ca. 20?) seconds,

no action further (and no scene progress beyond scene 2).

I set arousal threshold as minimum (20), no conditional trait set on NPCs (Delphine, Camilla, Sven, Embry, Orgnar and Hod),

and for the selection process itself worked fine as ver 0.7.

In my understanding, problem mainly concerns NPC's AI.

1. NPC sitting in the chair / using alchemy table didn't respond to AI change immediately,

so it almost inevitably led to the failure/ time out.

2. damn, damn bard song! : Every SSL user must have noticed this problem. 

As long as the bard sings nearby, almost all AI process of SSL and its add-on (including SLSL) stopped working,

I had to tie Sven up only to stop this damn brain-wash singing and to check whether the mods worked in the inn.  

It also suggests, however, that the bard song can hinder almost all the sexual activity initiated by this mod in the tavern.  

People in Skyrim cannot make merry sexually as long as their damn sings are song nearby!  

Is it possible to set the Priority of SLSL action over the reaction to bard songs?

As for MCM issue, it works fine for me, as well as ver 0.8.3.

Installed over the clean save, around 20 seconds after the notification of MCM appeared on the corner.

My main problem after updating 0.8.x, however, is the progress of flirting- action process.

I tested 0.8.3a in the Sleeping Giant in Riverwood, and new scene

progress system seemed to have not worked.

Virtually all the scene ended up as timeout, and for most of the case the partners just stared each other

for some (ca. 20?) seconds,

no action further (and no scene progress beyond scene 2).

I set arousal threshold as minimum (20), no conditional trait set on NPCs (Delphine, Camilla, Sven, Embry, Orgnar and Hod),

and for the selection process itself worked fine as ver 0.7.

In my understanding, problem mainly concerns NPC's AI.

1. NPC sitting in the chair / using alchemy table didn't respond to AI change immediately,

so it almost inevitably led to the failure/ time out.

2. damn, damn bard song! : Every SSL user must have noticed this problem. 

As long as the bard sings nearby, almost all AI process of SSL and its add-on (including SLSL) stopped working,

I had to tie Sven up only to stop this damn brain-wash singing and to check whether the mods worked in the inn.  

It also suggests, however, that the bard song can hinder almost all the sexual activity initiated by this mod in the tavern.  

People in Skyrim cannot make merry sexually as long as their damn sings are song nearby!  

Is it possible to set the Priority of SLSL action over the reaction to bard songs?

Maybe these are performance issues? Look at papyrus log and see if there ever are any gaps in the timestamps.. like even 2 seconds gap.

I can increase the priority of SLSL this should make it take priority over some other actions.

Maybe these are performance issues? Look at papyrus log and see if there ever are any gaps in the timestamps.. like even 2 seconds gap.

I can increase the priority of SLSL this should make it take priority over some other actions.

Hello, here is my sample log in Sleeping Giant (because it was too late to drop in at Riverwood Trader):

Papyrus.0.log

It contains some interactions, but none of them led to the actual act.

And in almost all the case the actors involved even tried to move! Just time out.

I saw one successful act (between Hod and Camilla) before enabling the log, 

so theoretically ver  0.8.3 also works in my circumstances.

Nothing SLSL related on the log, but other mods give errors and warnings. Some people who have other AI packages running do not do anything like Ralof when he is obsessed getting into Riverwood. This imho is OK.

Minor changes, maybe helpful in case timeout is due choked performance of papryrus. Plus Sibling sex comment.

adcSexlife-0.8.3b.zip

Testing again with 0.8.3b in Riverwood Trader.

Moving, Staring, but no Act. Just time out. 

While Camilla preferred the cooking pot/ broom to her brother, Lucan love rather to lean the desk, not sister.

During their idle animations the flirting obviously didn't work.

Papyrus.1 (SL 0.8.3a).log

Papyrus.0 (SL 0.8.3b).log

My logs probably will not help you with the analysis of the current problem.

Probably my modded Skyrim is not so proper sample...

Thank you again for your effort.

Nothing SLSL related on the log, but other mods give errors and warnings. Some people who have other AI packages running do not do anything like Ralof when he is obsessed getting into Riverwood. This imho is OK.

Minor changes, maybe helpful in case timeout is due choked performance of papryrus. Plus Sibling sex comment.

I'm going to test it ASAP.

I think the timeout issue may be due to AI packages, although, from what I saw, nothing is certain. I spent some time with my followers & NPCs in a house - sometimes they will stop to have sex, sometimes nothing will happen (the "timeout"). All of them are non-vanilla. I also use AFT & My Home Is Your Home among other mods that influence AI behaviour, so it wouldn't be surprising if they conflict with SLSL scenes somehow.

As for siblings etc. - Further Lovers Comfort has an option to disable incest. Would be great if SLSL had one as well.

It's not lack of performance, logs look OK.

I had same issue and I saved, restarted and loaded and then the subtitles appeared. Did you try that?

Thx for your advice.

I tried to create new-save then to load several times in Sleeping Giant with (0.8.3a),

and once again this time in Riverwood Trader with (0.8.3b),

but all but once no success.

As for the problem of tweaked AI package, one of my only successful coupling, Hod,

employed a tweaked AI package to take a visit in Sleeping Giant sometimes at night.

On the other hand, AI package of neither Valerius siblings was not tweaked

(= remained as vanilla), as far as I remember.

I played a bit with 8.1 and 8.3, installed over Version 7. MCM is still there (a Version Number somewhere would be nice) and everything is working.

I had some timeouts but all due to the distance the NPC had to walk to get to the other NPC as far as i can tell.

Only thing else that the mod kind of likes dead people trying all the time to match dead Bandits together or dead Vampires with City Guards etc... ; ) But you said you will add excluded actors back later.

Ok. version 0.8.3c seems to works fine, finally.

MCM in place, settings in place, subtitles appeared, messages on-screen appeared, some sex scene happened.

General considerations:

1. Dead bodies must be excluded by default.

2. Scan should take count only of actors around with arousal level above the setting.

3. Scan should then take count of gender preferences of actor. By my point of view, making a move between two straight males that ends on nothing is only a waste of time and resources. It's the same, of course, for two straight females.

4. I think that "unnamed" NPCs, like Guards, Bandits, Legion and Stormcloak soldiers, should be excluded too by default. Less script load, I suppose, less waste of time.

Question:

- Working "manually" on each single named NPC, because I wish them to have the settings "I" like more, is a bit pain. There is a way to set them all, easy please, maybe outside the game? Maybe using the xls files included in the "Design & Tools" folder?

EDIT: Ops! Forgot to mention that the entire idea of this mod is really fascinating and interesting. Your work is amazing.

MCM in place, settings in place, subtitles appeared, messages on-screen appeared, some sex scene happened.

General considerations:

2. Scan should take count only of actors around with arousal level above the setting.

3. Scan should then take count of gender preferences of actor. By my point of view, making a move between two straight males that ends on nothing is only a waste of time and resources. It's the same, of course, for two straight females.

4. I think that "unnamed" NPCs, like Guards, Bandits, Legion and Stormcloak soldiers, should be excluded too by default. Less script load, I suppose, less waste of time.

Question:

- Working "manually" on each single named NPC, because I wish them to have the settings "I" like more, is a bit pain. There is a way to set them all, easy please, maybe outside the game? Maybe using the xls files included in the "Design & Tools" folder?

EDIT: Ops! Forgot to mention that the entire idea of this mod is really fascinating and interesting. Your work is amazing.

1) As also crs030 mentioned. Yes, definitely. 

2) Checking everyone for some parameter is more CPU intensive than taking everyone into the list and then acting according to what the situation is. 

3) No... here is the fun part: If actors are found incompatible, such as two males who are heteros, other things can happen. Such as... now they will rant about how much they want pussy or how someone's ass is so sexy.

2 & 3) Also, why would every scan have to end up into something? Once the debug.notification is turned off from the MCM, user will not notice the polling at all. This mod aims to be immersive, so whether something happens or not is not dependent on the user. The setting in the MCM is not called "Make sex happen every 40 seconds" :D

4) Perhaps. I have not yet tested around this type of actors. It maybe that some special rules for this type will be included.

In any case, thanks both for your nice comments, t makes me glad to hear some people have it all working so smooth :D

For your question, yes, it is possible to set the attributes for everyone from outside the game. Contact iacex111 , he has already done it for his favourite NPCs. You can also contribute into the matter in this thread: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/48337-sexlab-sexlife-trait-preset-development-1235-completed-volunteers-needed-1hr-of-your-time-max/

General considerations:

Question:

1) As also crs030 mentioned. Yes, definitely. 

2) Checking everyone for some parameter is more CPU intensive than taking everyone into the list and then acting according to what the situation is. 

3) No... here is the fun part: If actors are found incompatible, such as two males who are heteros, other things can happen. Such as... now they will rant about how much they want pussy or how someone's ass is so sexy.

2 & 3) Also, why would every scan have to end up into something? Once the debug.notification is turned off from the MCM, user will not notice the polling at all. This mod aims to be immersive, so whether something happens or not is not dependent on the user. The setting in the MCM is not called "Make sex happen every 40 seconds" :D

4) Perhaps. I have not yet tested around this type of actors. It maybe that some special rules for this type will be included.

In any case, thanks both for your nice comments, t makes me glad to hear some people have it all working so smooth :D

For your question, yes, it is possible to set the attributes for everyone from outside the game. Contact iacex111 , he has already done it for his favourite NPCs. You can also contribute into the matter in this thread: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/48337-sexlab-sexlife-trait-preset-development-1235-completed-volunteers-needed-1hr-of-your-time-max/

I'll be back in about an hour and then I'll explain how the out-of-game setting works. Also I'll have a few comments to make.