Bug Reports 8T

1/ After arrest the pc's arms are not kept behind back (same as 8s)

post-237718-0-99680500-1503094413_thumb.jpg

2/ It may be that the description is unclear but with both remove devices untoggled normal DDI devices are removed (tried with standard padded chastity belt and bra and leather arm and leg cuffs). This may actually be correct as I haven't tried with CD or DCL items

post-237718-0-65960600-1503094425_thumb.jpg

3/ I tried with and without Remove Devious Devices toggle activated, in both cases the belt is removed but the message appears on screen that it's locked firmly around your waist

post-237718-0-89467600-1503094436_thumb.jpg

4/ Restraint and Chastity keys are no longer being returned with the players other goods. This maybe intentional but if so it might be a good idea to have an option toggle for this. A year ago I would have been in favour but now I'm not so sure. Not an issue as easy enough to console them back.

5/ This isn't a bug, pc's gast is no longer flabbered when released :)

Let's see,

1. Remember this? http://www.loverslab.com/topic/46551-prison-overhaul-v033-patches/page-57#entry1516727  ^_^

2. Those options will exempt/remove only devices tagged with "block generic" and "quest" keywords. Generic devices will always be removed. 

3. If it is a quest item, then the corresponding MCM option in DDe must also be activated. You know ... the one behind a password. 

4. That is by design. 

5. No way!  :o

Bug report for POP 8t. 

1.Whipping in cell leaves the prisoner flabbergasted  :o

I shall test this.  ;)

Approach, arrest, devices equip and travel to the jail all work fine, but when I get to the jailer nothing happens. They just start sandboxing and I can wander around solitude jail, haven't tried others yet. I've tried about 4 times now, is there a way to force it along or to fix it?

Edit1: Tried falkreath, guard never finishes arrest sequence. Always at the same point just after keys are taken, right before where it's supposed to go "You have been arrested for major crimes". (May be caused by the unfortunate fact that if i fast travel to falkreath every random/approach event under the sun seems to want to kick off. Vampire attack, dragon attack, Durak bugging me about the dawnguard).

Edit2: Tried Morthal, same thing. I arrive at the jailor, he stands there for a bit then sandboxes and nothing happens.

Skyrim pathing problem. If you have control of your PC try walking away and then use the PO MCM 'Debug' 'Move jailer to player' option. If no go, I would need a log. 

Its a location scan problem most likely, I would need a log to confirm that tho. 

New version worked great! Really liked the new arrest scene. I have some ideas, perhaps you could make a surrender hotkey so that if a bounty hunter fight starts going badly you could have that option. Could also work for random npc arrest, and this way you don't have to always rely on death alternative. Also any chance you could add back the dialogue where the bounty hunters mocked or admired how well you fought, I thought that was neat. Maybe comments for all depending on if they used you before taking you to jail. One last thing, I tried to edit the race of the jailer myself, I wish the jailer was a high or dark elf but since the file is a patch I could never get it to work. Maybe a race toggle in the mcm, but I don't know how hard that would be to do. Thanks again for the mod, and all you have added already. :) If you decide to add any of those features I would greatly appreciate it.

Surrender key is a good idea, it will be added in the next patch.  ^_^

Jailer as an Altmer or a Dunmer... not sure about that one, especially in Windhelm where the jailers live. 

The dialog is still there, I'll check the conditions and see why they don't come up. 

Sweet! and thank you for the quick response. :D

Approach, arrest, devices equip and travel to the jail all work fine, but when I get to the jailer nothing happens. They just start sandboxing and I can wander around solitude jail, haven't tried others yet. I've tried about 4 times now, is there a way to force it along or to fix it?

Edit1: Tried falkreath, guard never finishes arrest sequence. Always at the same point just after keys are taken, right before where it's supposed to go "You have been arrested for major crimes". (May be caused by the unfortunate fact that if i fast travel to falkreath every random/approach event under the sun seems to want to kick off. Vampire attack, dragon attack, Durak bugging me about the dawnguard).

Edit2: Tried Morthal, same thing. I arrive at the jailor, he stands there for a bit then sandboxes and nothing happens.

Skyrim pathing problem. If you have control of your PC try walking away and then use the PO MCM 'Debug' 'Move jailer to player' option. If no go, I would need a log. 

Its a location scan problem most likely, I would need a log to confirm that tho. 

My MCM setting for Location Scan is on 0, if that's helpful at all. I've tried using the "Force AI" hotkey option which moves me next to the item storage chests, but still nothing happened, but I'll try what you said.

I'll turn on logging and run the arrest sequence again and see what turns up.

My MCM setting for Location Scan is on 0, if that's helpful at all. I've tried using the "Force AI" hotkey option which moves me next to the item storage chests, but still nothing happened, but I'll try what you said.

Turned on Console+Trace, last thing said on console was "Calming Bounty hunters"

Saw some things in log that may be relevant, I closed the game after waiting a while, so just scroll down to the bottom to save a heavy read.

Tried the move to player button, didn't change anything. This time my controls were locked the entire time, so that's at least something I guess.

Papyrus.0.log

Turned on Console+Trace, last thing said on console was "Calming Bounty hunters"

Saw some things in log that may be relevant, I closed the game after waiting a while, so just scroll down to the bottom to save a heavy read.

Tried the move to player button, didn't change anything. This time my controls were locked the entire time, so that's at least something I guess.

Oh wow, you're dumping stacks like they are going out of fashion.  :mellow:

None of the scripted mods will work properly while you're dumping stacks, this includes POP. 

Two major reasons for stack dumps,

1. You are running too many mods for your hardware. I.g. you are exceeding your computer's capability.

2. One or more of your mods is/are spamming your Papyrus with errors, warnings, e.t.c.

If it is the first one, you will have to permanently uninstall some mods. 

As for the second, that will also require you to uninstall some mods, at least temporarily until you find the culprit/s. 

I would start with Hunterborn, POP, uncheck the XPMSE's .esp, CW e.t.c. The idea is to get your game stable first (no stack dumps). Also, the log file should rarely go over 350K, yours is 2000K.

After your game is stable you can start adding mods back, one by one, playing for at least 10 - 15min between each new mod addition and checking the log to make sure no stack dumps appear.   

Another thing, your current save (the one where the stack dumps happened) is toasted. It needs to be tossed.  

Looks like you also need to update/reinstall SkyUI. POP requires V 5.1 at least. 

~snip 

Oh wow, you're dumping stacks like they are going out of fashion.  :mellow:

None of the scripted mods will work properly while you're dumping stacks, this includes POP. 

Two major reasons for stack dumps,

1. You are running too many mods for your hardware. I.g. you are exceeding your computer's capability.

2. One or more of your mods is/are spamming your Papyrus with errors, warnings, e.t.c.

If it is the first one, you will have to permanently uninstall some mods. 

As for the second, that will also require you to uninstall some mods, at least temporarily until you find the culprit/s. 

I would start with Hunterborn, POP, uncheck the XPMSE's .esp, CW e.t.c. The idea is to get your game stable first (no stack dumps). Also, the log file should rarely go over 350K, yours is 2000K.

After your game is stable you can start adding mods back, one by one, playing for at least 10 - 15min between each new mod addition and checking the log to make sure no stack dumps appear.   

Another thing, your current save (the one where the stack dumps happened) is toasted. It needs to be tossed.  

Looks like you also need to update/reinstall SkyUI. POP requires V 5.1 at least. 

It's definitely not 1. Even with all this supposed stack dumping it barely has a performance impact. Not even going into how overkill my PC is.

What's making you say my SkyUI is out of date? I have 5.1 installed.

Is the save "toasted" because of the dumps or?

Hunterborn seems to run fine, but XMPSE has always been kind of iffy when it comes to scripts. Every now and then when I go to clean a save for an update or whatever, there will sometimes be 10+ XPMSE scripts in the active scripts. Sometimes terminated, sometimes not.

This isn't a dig at your mod making it's just stating what I've seen, I don't have THAT many mods that use constant active scripts. But I never really have any problems, with both those that do and don't. This is the first time I've arrived at a point where I consistently can't get something to work (ignoring the cases when the mod i'm using is in alpha/proof of concept kind of thing), it just feels like if this stack dumping, as much as I'd like to have it gone regardless, was such a huge detriment the game running in general, I'd image it would screw everything not just one specific mod. Because it just doesn't really seem to affect anything else as much.

I'll take a read through the log and see what I can clean out, but it seems like beeing female and xpmse dump the most. What do I lose if I disable XPMSE's esp?

My money is on outdated frameworks and libraries.

That isn't supposed to happen:

[08/19/2017 - 01:12:20PM] error: Native static function SetRawPathValue could find no matching static function on linked type JsonUtil. Function will not be bound.
[08/19/2017 - 01:12:20PM] error: Native static function FindPathFormElement could find no matching static function on linked type JsonUtil. Function will not be bound.
[08/19/2017 - 01:12:20PM] error: Native static function FindPathStringElement could find no matching static function on linked type JsonUtil. Function will not be bound.
[08/19/2017 - 01:12:20PM] error: Native static function FindPathFloatElement could find no matching static function on linked type JsonUtil. Function will not be bound.
[08/19/2017 - 01:12:20PM] error: Native static function FindPathIntElement could find no matching static function on linked type JsonUtil. Function will not be bound.
[08/19/2017 - 01:12:20PM] error: Native static function SetPathFormArray could find no matching static function on linked type JsonUtil. Function will not be bound.
[08/19/2017 - 01:12:20PM] error: Native static function SetPathStringArray could find no matching static function on linked type JsonUtil. Function will not be bound.
[08/19/2017 - 01:12:20PM] error: Native static function SetPathFloatArray could find no matching static function on linked type JsonUtil. Function will not be bound.
[08/19/2017 - 01:12:20PM] error: Native static function SetPathIntArray could find no matching static function on linked type JsonUtil. Function will not be bound.
[08/19/2017 - 01:12:20PM] error: Native static function ClearPath could find no matching static function on linked type JsonUtil. Function will not be bound.

The amount of active script doesn't really matter, what matter is the state of your game. As it stand, from what I've seen in your log, it's just broken. You have nearly 1000 lines of errors and warning and notifications that stuff isn't going quite right before you even get into the game. Then there is a stackdump in the first 5 minutes of running the game. You may have some bad apples in your loadorder and it's up to you to find them and remove them.

Running tes5edit to see which mods are overwriting each other might help.

When modding skyrim, you have to keep the state of the game consistent, or it will crash and burn rapidly.

And yeah, being female is quite demanding as it keep tracks of each actor state. Whenever there is a tick, being female update stuff. But if you are in combat with many other temporary scripts going on (on_hit event, magical effects, etc), the resulting latency can lead to a stack dumps. You really want to use the least amount of mod like being female and keep mods that become active only when the player do a specific thing, so that the load remain small at all time. What's killing a game isn't often a specific mod, but a peak of activity the engine can't handle.

I did several runs (no Devious installed though, lets start small) and have to say the mod runs much smoother now. I needed to debug just once because of pathing. At last whipping animations work again and NPCs do what they should. I had just one issue (I know that already from the old PO), if you activate the Cage option, the Jailor found his way into the cage once and I had no idea how to debug that. The quest just stopped and NPCs were doing nothing. 

Is there any method to allow "special items" (in my case the Rosebuttmod from Komotor, slot 59) being equipped during a Prison Overhaul session ? I realized that - although I generate the 3 items in my equipment by console I can't equip them. Either this effect is global scripted in POP or the effect is attached to the prisoner items you wear, or it's because slot 59 is already occupied. Actualy it does prevent urinating too.

If it is just a slot or tag (quest item) issue I can rework that in the CK, but if it is scripted I am looking for another solution (maybe a long forgotten Zaz Animation Pack setting?). 

EDIT: I decided to give it a try. I changed the item reference in the CK to slot 54 and in addition adapted the NIF in NiFscope. Works now. Maybe you could have used an option in POP/ZAP (Debugs) too, but unequipping the restrains might have cause quest breaks and errors. 

Just to chime in on Beeing Female, I love the mod, but it has some malfunctioning scripts,  (RegisterForSingleUpdate), the author is aware of it but due to his job/travel time he has no personal time left.  Do not expect it to be fixed any time soon.  It made me sad but i had to remove it from my load order.  I am no longer getting CTD's.  I am watching it and hope the author can get life smoothed out so he can get version 3 up and running. 

[08/19/2017 - 01:12:20PM] error: Native static function SetRawPathValue could find no matching static function on linked type JsonUtil. Function will not be bound.
[08/19/2017 - 01:12:20PM] error: Native static function FindPathFormElement could find no matching static function on linked type JsonUtil. Function will not be bound.
[08/19/2017 - 01:12:20PM] error: Native static function FindPathStringElement could find no matching static function on linked type JsonUtil. Function will not be bound.
[08/19/2017 - 01:12:20PM] error: Native static function FindPathFloatElement could find no matching static function on linked type JsonUtil. Function will not be bound.
[08/19/2017 - 01:12:20PM] error: Native static function FindPathIntElement could find no matching static function on linked type JsonUtil. Function will not be bound.
[08/19/2017 - 01:12:20PM] error: Native static function SetPathFormArray could find no matching static function on linked type JsonUtil. Function will not be bound.
[08/19/2017 - 01:12:20PM] error: Native static function SetPathStringArray could find no matching static function on linked type JsonUtil. Function will not be bound.
[08/19/2017 - 01:12:20PM] error: Native static function SetPathFloatArray could find no matching static function on linked type JsonUtil. Function will not be bound.
[08/19/2017 - 01:12:20PM] error: Native static function SetPathIntArray could find no matching static function on linked type JsonUtil. Function will not be bound.
[08/19/2017 - 01:12:20PM] error: Native static function ClearPath could find no matching static function on linked type JsonUtil. Function will not be bound.

The amount of active script doesn't really matter, what matter is the state of your game. As it stand, from what I've seen in your log, it's just broken. You have nearly 1000 lines of errors and warning and notifications that stuff isn't going quite right before you even get into the game. Then there is a stackdump in the first 5 minutes of running the game. You may have some bad apples in your loadorder and it's up to you to find them and remove them.

When modding skyrim, you have to keep the state of the game consistent, or it will crash and burn rapidly.

And yeah, being female is quite demanding as it keep tracks of each actor state. Whenever there is a tick, being female update stuff. But if you are in combat with many other temporary scripts going on (on_hit event, magical effects, etc), the resulting latency can lead to a stack dumps. You really want to use the least amount of mod like being female and keep mods that become active only when the player do a specific thing, so that the load remain small at all time. What's killing a game isn't often a specific mod, but a peak of activity the engine can't handle.

I understand it has the notions of being broken, but I guess my machine just powers through it. Because, I'm being serious here, this is the first major issue I've had with a mod. I've always known my log would be bad, but it has honestly never affected anything enough for me to go the whole death and destruction route, removing mods.

I've kept my game amazingly stable on every point I can, this log is the only thing that says otherwise. I've set beeing female to only operate on PC and followers and I've turned off automatic update. I've had issues with the addon plugin before, so I'm removing it again.

I stated before that when I arrived in falkreath, a bunch of events kicked off. Dragon attack, vampire attack and the dawnguard approach. All of that kicked off, with about 20 NPCs in combat (I have several mods that add NPCs to towns and roads), plus followers in combat as well as the POP arrest scene going on. Yet the game didn't crash, I could forcefully end the arrest scene and walk away and continue about my gameplay like nothing happened. (yes I know there would be issues with POP quests, but I'm just saying this for an example).

I am very meticulous about my game and as far as I can see, about 60% of that dump is XMPSE, so I'm investigating that for now.

Just to chime in on Beeing Female, I love the mod, but it has some malfunctioning scripts,  (RegisterForSingleUpdate), the author is aware of it but due to his job/travel time he has no personal time left.  Do not expect it to be fixed any time soon.  It made me sad but i had to remove it from my load order.  I am no longer getting CTD's.  I am watching it and hope the author can get life smoothed out so he can get version 3 up and running. 

I know it does, it has never brought me crashes on its own but I've had to deal with a few things that wouldn't play nice. It's one of the best mods of that type out there so I haven't really considered removing it entirely. Do you know of a good alternative? 

No I do not sadly.   As far as I am aware, it is unique.   

And yes it is unfortunate, but XPMSE is a papyrus hog,  I just build my toon if I want a new one, with it in and save it.  Then hide the esp, and start a new game, load the saved character from racemenu, and go about life.  You can not customize the skeleton or the genitals after that.  

No I do not sadly.   As far as I am aware, it is unique.   

And yes it is unfortunate, but XPMSE is a papyrus hog,  I just build my toon if I want a new one, with it in and save it.  Then hide the esp, and start a new game, load the saved character from racemenu, and go about life.  You can not customize the skeleton or the genitals after that.  

So if I save a preset with skeleton changes and load it even with XPMSE's esp disabled it still keeps the changes?

Let's see,

1. Remember this? http://www.loverslab.com/topic/46551-prison-overhaul-v033-patches/page-57#entry1516727  ^_^

3. If it is a quest item, then the corresponding MCM option in DDe must also be activated. You know ... the one behind a password. 

4. That is by design. 

1/ Soz... I totally forgot about that (it's me age dear :):P ), I'll test it out. Probably got skewed again when I upgraded to ZAZ 7

EDIT: Yep that fixed it

3/ I've probably not been clear, it was just a generic chastity belt not a quest item but the message that it cannot be removed still appears on screen even though it has actually been removed by the Jailer

EDIT: I just tested on 8s and it does it there too, removed the chastity belt but still displays the message it can't be removed. I've just not tested it that way before. Not an issue as it's cosmetic though a little misleading

4/ Could we have a toggle for that please if it's easy to implement

EDIT: Tested back on 8s and it seems the keys are only removed if the pc is actually wearing a device. I usually remove devices asap so never noticed it before

I understand it has the notions of being broken, but I guess my machine just powers through it. Because, I'm being serious here, this is the first major issue I've had with a mod. I've always known my log would be bad, but it has honestly never affected anything enough for me to go the whole death and destruction route, removing mods.

I've kept my game amazingly stable on every point I can, this log is the only thing that says otherwise. I've set beeing female to only operate on PC and followers and I've turned off automatic update. I've had issues with the addon plugin before, so I'm removing it again.

I stated before that when I arrived in falkreath, a bunch of events kicked off. Dragon attack, vampire attack and the dawnguard approach. All of that kicked off, with about 20 NPCs in combat (I have several mods that add NPCs to towns and roads), plus followers in combat as well as the POP arrest scene going on. Yet the game didn't crash, I could forcefully end the arrest scene and walk away and continue about my gameplay like nothing happened. (yes I know there would be issues with POP quests, but I'm just saying this for an example).

I am very meticulous about my game and as far as I can see, about 60% of that dump is XMPSE, so I'm investigating that for now.

By broken I mean that some stuff just won't work anymore, that doesn't mean the game won't start or temporal event won't fire. By broken, it means that POP is not in a sane state because of the underlying issues with your game. It's not POP who stopped working per say, but whatever POP requires isn't working properly anymore. Broken doesn't mean crash, it just means that the features advertised by the different mods you have installed won't behave properly.

Stackdump are a symptom and a problem. Symptom because it tells you that there is some fuckery going on, and the problem is if a major mod get caught in a stackdump, that mod is gone from your save. Once a script is removed, it's gone forever unless it is started again. For instance, if frostfall "chill" system get caught in the stackdump, it will start to behave erratically or not at all. The solution for that one mod would be to disable frostfall from its MCM then start it again, that action simply kills any alive script then start them again.

POP is one of those mods who requires a somewhat stable foundation to work properly, because there are many check and conditional states to make sure POP isn't interfering with other mods. If stuff got wiped out by a stackdump or the game isn't sane, POP won't know if it's okay to do something and won't do anything as a safety precaution. Is it alright to remove that devious device? Dunno, so won't do anything.

Sadly, there is no way to do a sanity check on the state of your game. You kinda have to deal with it as you play and identify problematic mods or mods that don't play well with each other. From my experience, CACO usually gave me crashes and stackdump on long term play with my load order. So I removed it. On itself CACO works just fine, it's just the amalgam of mods that create a problem. The entropy increases for each mod you enable.

~snip

By broken I mean that some stuff just won't work anymore, that doesn't mean the game won't start or temporal event won't fire. By broken, it means that POP is not in a sane state because of the underlying issues with your game. It's not POP who stopped working per say, but whatever POP requires isn't working properly anymore. Broken doesn't mean crash, it just means that the features advertised by the different mods you have installed won't behave properly.

Stackdump are a symptom and a problem. Symptom because it tells you that there is some fuckery going on, and the problem is if a major mod get caught in a stackdump, that mod is gone from your save. Once a script is removed, it's gone forever unless it is started again. For instance, if frostfall "chill" system get caught in the stackdump, it will start to behave erratically or not at all. The solution for that one mod would be to disable frostfall from its MCM then start it again, that action simply kills any alive script then start them again.

POP is one of those mods who requires a somewhat stable foundation to work properly, because there are many check and conditional states to make sure POP isn't interfering with other mods. If stuff got wiped out by a stackdump or the game isn't sane, POP won't know if it's okay to do something and won't do anything as a safety precaution. Is it alright to remove that devious device? Dunno, so won't do anything.

Sadly, there is no way to do a sanity check on the state of your game. You kinda have to deal with it as you play and identify problematic mods or mods that don't play well with each other. From my experience, CACO usually gave me crashes and stackdump on long term play with my load order. So I removed it. On itself CACO works just fine, it's just the amalgam of mods that create a problem. The entropy increases for each mod you enable.

I know what constitutes broken. I've been modding a long time, a lot of trial and error and a lot of time fixing dead games.

My log isn't ideal, it's pretty obvious. My load order is massive, yet 95% of that log shows more towards broken MODS than a broken GAME.

I've found that something had installed old SkyUI scripts (something inte pointed out) and I've fixed that.

A castle mod with a bunch of null errors, didn't use it much so I've gotten rid of it.

I've removed the beeing female addon which has basically always been broken.

I've updated XMPSE, don't know if it will matter, time will tell.

Assuming that does fix the XMPSE stack dump issue, that is 90% of the log cleaned. Which goes back to what I said before, regardless of this stack dump my game worked fine. It took A LOT to crash it or for something to suddenly just stop working. Hence why I'm curious as to whether POP really broke just because of the dumping, because nothing else seemed to.

May have found the actual cause, seems my clean save on the update from S to T wasn't as clean as it seems.

On a new game the menu has updated properly, options that weren't there are now.

Edit: Yep, Arrest and jail scene works fine now.

Let me explain Stack Dumps here because there seems to be a lot of inaccurate information going around.

A stack dump occurs when there are so many scripts triggered at once that the "stack" used to keep track of them overflows. In simpler terms it means when the game went to start another script instance there was no place to put it so it could keep track of it and therefore the script was not run.

That means some script which was intended to run and perform some action didn't run. Often that can have no noticeable effect on the game because there are a multitude of scripts running that do very little of note so if they don't run you may not notice. However if it was a critical script for the game or a mod that didn't run and update a quest you can have unexpected breakage of that quest, and sometimes that breakage won't show up for a while.

By that action (script not running) Stack Dumps therefore create bugs in the game and mods that don't actually exist, I would guess that at least half of the "unexplainable bugs" that people report are in fact triggered by a stack dump situation that was not logged or was logged and never seen.

Having a powerhouse computer that can muscle through a stack dump without slowing down is nice but it doesn't solve the problem of breakage, any time a stack dump occurs you should consider that play through as broken.

There is no notification in game that a stack dump has occurred which makes this more problematic as well since most people have no idea anything bad happened and therefore they play on oblivious to the damage instead of jumping back to their last save and avoiding the problem.

Now the major cause for stack dumps is the use of "Cloaking spells". The documentation for the CK shows how to create an use cloaking spells as a way of attaching a script to NPCs without having to mod every NPC in the game and a great many mod authors have used that technique in their mods. A cloaking spell is essentially an area effect spell which is cast in a circle around the target (usually the player) that attaches a script to everything that the spell is designed to effect which is usually NPCs but can be any kind of object. The problem with cloaking spells is that there is a unique instance of that script attached to each item selected by the cloaking spell so the more objects or NPCs selected the more likely it is you'll bump into a Stack Dump situation.

Now add several mods which all perform cloaking spells continuously some even performing multiple cloaking spells at once (Beeing Female for example) and you have a greatly increased chance of having a Stack Dump occur. Now add a mod or two like the Populated Cities mod which adds a lot more NPCs to areas and combine that with mods performing cloaking spells on NPCs and once again you've really increased the likelihood you'll get them.

I researched stack dumps extensively when I came across them several years ago caused by the Sexlab Submit mod. It used cloaking spells to select NPCs around the player but didn't use any of the options provided to limit the selected NPCs to just those wanted. For instance it has a feature to have any guard seeing you having sex in public interrupt you. But instead of casting the cloak spell on just guards and limiting it further to guards that were in a position where they could see you it cast the spell on all NPCs and then threw out those who weren't guards and then checked of they could see you. Worse yet, that was an optional feature but the check to see of the option was enabled was also made in the script running on each NPC instead of in the script that triggered the spell in the first place so whether you enabled that option or not the spell was always running (it also always ran whether you were having sex or not). Needless to say, it triggered a lot of stack dumps.

The original Sexlab Aroused mod also used a cloaking spell, the replacement of that cloaking spell in the Sexlab Aroused Redux mod made a huge improvement in the performance of that mod and removed it from the list of mods which frequently cause stack dumps.

What was done in Sexlab Aroused was the cloaking spell was replaced by a silent Quest which can be used to fill quest aliases on that quest but only one script instance is generated which then iterates through all the selected NPCs or items.

Now there is also some confusion about what is or is not a stack dump, if a script errors out it will show the stack for that single script but that is not a stack dump. A stack dump is an action where the game dumps the stack of all the running scripts into the log at once and will repeat that entire dump sequence for every single script that fails to start so if a cloaking spell were to select twenty NPCs but there was only room on the stack for fifteen additional script instances you would see five entire stack dumps getting logged (one for each script instance that didn't run) which can cause the log to balloon to enormous sizes in a hurry.

When you see a stack dump in your log, find the first occurrence and were it starts and ends then look to see what script or scripts are listed in the dump most often, the mods those scripts belong to are your problem mods. Once you know what mods are causing the problem you can decide what to do with them individually, sometimes the mod isn't really important and you can eliminate it, sometimes the option of that mod causing the stack dump can be turned off because it's not a vital part of the mod and sometimes you have to give up a mod that sounds fun but is just a quick trip to an unstable and unplayable game.

I hope this explains why you got this problem and how you can fix or avoid it.

Maybe we should get a wiki somewhere to put all that informative stuff, otherwise I'm pretty sure you'll have to repeat yourself in the future :P

I did not realize there were a confusion as to what a stackdump is though, so I may have not express myself correctly.