Egg Factory

View File

A lightweight, no-sex-required Pregnancy and egg-laying mod.

Zaria,

I do not know how this new generation of cursed eggs spread so quickly after we were finally able to declare the last all safely sealed.

Your quick work in developing a remedy for them was astonishing. The sisters have been producing as much as possible and distributing them to the other temples of the divines. I hope we can produce enough to keep up with demand. Farengar in Whiterun tells me he's developed an enchantment to protect against curses such as this, let us hope it will also help in this.

When you can next take your leave of Falkreath, be certain to come to the temple to receive Dibella's blessing for all you've done.

By the grace of Dibella, Anwen.

Description:
Adds several cursed eggs to the game, spawned where you might expect eggs, or carried by bandits, awaiting a fertile woman to curse. Pick one up, and you'll be cursed to lay some sort of egg until you use an uncurse potion to break the curse.

In a hurry? Mix Ale and Raw Rabbit Legs at a cookpot to create a Pregnancy Draught which will greatly speed up the progress of your current pregnancy.

Want to ward yourself against the curse? Find and wear a Ring of the Barren.

Pre-requisites:
Skyrim
SKSE
NetImmerse Override, Racemenu, or Sexlab Inflation Framework
A skeleton with Belly node such as XMPS
A body with support for belly node scaling

Mod compatibility notes:

If you are using Flora Respawn Fix, load Egg Factory after it in your load order and allow it to overwrite nest records.

"Unsupported on males for now. Is there demand for this?"

Yes, text only is perfectly fine, as long as males aren't completely excluded. (I doubt there's any male body with pregnancy weight painting anyway). For example, the Ash hopper from solstheim could be imagined as having a parasitic stade were their egg are ingested, leaving the larve to grow in the intestines. Thus a corrupted box of ashHopper egg could function the same.

I'll test it a bit before finishing this post. This may not run that well with the story of your mod.

sounds fun.

just wondering

does this work for followers/NPC's

also does the eggs do anything?

It would super awesome if they matured enough to hatch into a random critter (depending on curse)

Will need some code overhauls before it can work with followers or NPCs since it is not possible ot add perks to NPCs dynamically.

The laid eggs are just standard alchemy ingredients.

What's next? Possibly gain an aspect of the creature whose eggs you're carrying after repeated pregnancies, and tweaking the code to make it more usable with NPCs.

I tried your mod and wanted to express my gratitude. Not only the idea but the implementation as well are ridiculously simple and well made. Thanks for this! There isn't even much need of improvement, if I am to be asked.

Egg Factory got me in a tricky situation right away. It was in the middle of combat when my character couldn't hold back anymore and started to expel eggs. I switched back and forth from bending down in pain and jumping up, fending off bandit's attacks. For some reason I enjoyed every moment of this terror.

What a terrible kind of distraction this would be, if people started to throw parasites and eggs on each other to force them on their knees.

how long does a pregnancy take?

also im not sure why but i dont seem to have a belly node, i have the 7base TBBP body with HDT phsycics extension which i remember had a belly node when i played a while back, is that not the case anymore? or do i need to download something else to give 7base TBBP a belly node?

nevermind i found a mod that gives 7 base a belly node.

are the eggs supposed to ping off in to the distance when you go in to labour?

also some improvements i would suggest is add an MCM menu so the user can change the percentage chance of a 2nd pregnancy happening, the speed of the pregnancies that kind of thing. i would love to set it up so that my character is constantly in labor 24/7

Yeah I was going to ask about the eggs firing off like cannonballs myself.  While kinda funny I personally would prefer if the eggs just dropped and left you standing in a large pile.  It would make them easier to find afterwards too. 

Other than that I just want to mention that I have it installed with "Being Female" and "Estrus Charrus" and I have had no issues, conflicts, or CTD's  that I can find.  Simple but good mod.

how long does a pregnancy take?

also im not sure why but i dont seem to have a belly node, i have the 7base TBBP body with HDT phsycics extension which i remember had a belly node when i played a while back, is that not the case anymore? or do i need to download something else to give 7base TBBP a belly node?

nevermind i found a mod that gives 7 base a belly node.

are the eggs supposed to ping off in to the distance when you go in to labour?

also some improvements i would suggest is add an MCM menu so the user can change the percentage chance of a 2nd pregnancy happening, the speed of the pregnancies that kind of thing. i would love to set it up so that my character is constantly in labor 24/7

Pregnancy speed depends on what you're pregnant with. Chaurus and Spider are the fasters, with Dragon the slowest.

Yeah I was going to ask about the eggs firing off like cannonballs myself.  While kinda funny I personally would prefer if the eggs just dropped and left you standing in a large pile.  It would make them easier to find afterwards too. 

Other than that I just want to mention that I have it installed with "Being Female" and "Estrus Charrus" and I have had no issues, conflicts, or CTD's  that I can find.  Simple but good mod.

I keep tweaking the havok model used by the eggs, but there's none I find satisfactory. They all cause the eggs to fly too far and bounce too much.

Male support is in concept stages for next release since I've seen enough requests for it. No ETA on it yet though.

"Male support is in concept stages for next release since I've seen enough requests for it. No ETA on it yet though."

Now to groom some guard into being devored from a spider egg, gwehehe.

Disn't have time to play as much, sorry I couldn't test this mod specifically.

Seems to work, no errors encountered.

As above, a fix for cannon fire would be great, but even with that, it's more comical than an issue lol

Just as a note, no issue with it installed at the same time as Being Female for my setup.

On a personal note or request type, would be interesting to have each egg curse pose a unique/different danger (as opposed to just preg rate), but as it is mod well done :)

I always appreciate appreciate a well made mod, show care, and for that you get ... for lack of endorment >.< ... two thumbs up? ;)

I love this mod, but I've run into a bit of a problem; my character only seems to produce Large Bird's Eggs, which seems odd because she's carrying Suspicious Chaurus and Spider eggs.

As well, I support the idea of a Mod Menu (such as through SkyUI) for twiddling with things like pregnancy rates, amount of a given type of egg from a pregnancy, etc.

Also, you should make a 'Suspicious Rainbow Egg' that causes you to drop a mixed batch of various eggs.

The "many birds" one already has you laying a variety of eggs.

Fun things to do as an egg layer:

Get the Suspicious Large Bird Egg.

Wear the Labor Lock Amulet until you think you might explode.

Back yourself into a smallish room with a lot of clutter so you're blocking the door.

Remove the amulet.

BOWLING!

Freakin' awesome....

Just out of curiousity, whats the difference between this version and the last beta version?

And how would an upgrade go, simple replacing the files or would I need to start a new game/clean save (I usually just start a new game when updating mods, unless the upgrade process is fairly simple)

Just out of curiousity, whats the difference between this version and the last beta version?

And how would an upgrade go, simple replacing the files or would I need to start a new game/clean save (I usually just start a new game when updating mods, unless the upgrade process is fairly simple)

No difference between the release candidate version and the 1.0 release aside from cleaning up the readme. (If the release candidate has bugs that needed fixing, there would have been more release candidates before 1.0)

To upgrade, seal any eggs you're carrying in the appropriate containers till you're no longer cursed, then exit Skyrim and copy the new version over.

ok i gotta ask can some one link me a belly mod that works for cbbe i use to use psb but that doesn't work anymore

Get the new BodySlide 2.4d

Build a CBBE HDT body (if you're using HDT.... and if not, you should be)

That new BodySlide also INCLUDES everything for UnifiedUNP (UUNP) so if you like UNP better, you can build a REAL.... UNP body (UNP, UNPB, UN7B, 7BO... ANY of them). And by "REAL" I mean it's an actual UNP body. Not a CBBE body SHAPED like a UNP body.