1 hour ago, alambeard said:

Hello!

I really like the improvements in your mod, however I have a little problem with it andĀ hope that you can help me.

After installing COSIOĀ I've noticed a significant framerate drop in a room with a couple of dozens of characters (5-7fps with mod, 28-35 without it).

So I have tried toĀ figure out the reason.

First of all:Ā I have all the requirements installed and load order sorted by LOOT. Without COSIO everything works without significant framerate drops.

Secondly: some experimenting showsĀ that body textures are not the reason too (they do not affect framerate too much on my system).

Ā 

Finally I have figured out that the only file in COSIO that causes problem in my case isĀ hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml

SoĀ framerate drop has something to do with HDT physics.

If I installĀ COSIO overwriting default HDT Physics Extensions file with COSIOĀ hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml my framerate drops to unplayable values but if I keep defaultĀ hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml file fromĀ HDT Physics Extensions framerate is fine with COSIO.

Is it OK to keep defaultĀ hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml fromĀ HDT Physics Extensions or I am losing cosio HDT functions without its own modified file?

Is there any better way to solve this problem?

Cosio HDT has alot more happening the default Hdt PE so it should be more load on the CPU but not hat much unless your PC is very very oldĀ  or there is something els causing Cosio HDT pe to overload .....Im running 2.9 ghz Duo core Ancient compared to today'sĀ  standards ..and have HDT hair and a HDT skirtĀ  including 4 followers one with HDT tail ..

i do not notice frame drops other then the normal onceĀ  >>i do know HDT equipment gave me problems in the past ...Can you give me the location maybe and test this ?

Well my PC is not very old (8-core AMD FX-8350 CPU, 16gb ram, 970 GTX video) and I haven't experienced any problems with HDT objects before (I had hdt hair and some hdt gear installed earlier but then got tired of them).

Location isĀ very simple player dungeon, it basically consists of 1 floor withĀ 4 almost empty rooms without any complex architecture, so I think location is not the factor, besides today I have tested this spawning different amounts of NPCs in different locations with same result.

The main factor are the NPCs inside, there are comparatively a lot of them (~25) and they all use COSIO body, so COSIO HDT definitely gives more load there, but with default hdt game runs smoothly (25-35 fps) even with 40 NPCs in one room (tested), and COSIO hdt instantly makes it unplayable with just a dozen NPCs,Ā so I dont think load itself is the only reason for such dramatic change. Guess there is a problem somewhere, but again: without COSIOĀ hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml everything is smoothĀ (no matter what body type is used: COSIO, COSIO HD or default CBBE).

this is very strange My PC is not nearly as good as yoursĀ  and i get a constant 30 fps especially in Rooms or dungeons ..There are some specific locations that i have problems with but its not HDT related But more about to rendering problems .i have made a HDTPE for you to try ..i dont think it will help but it can just help show us what's going on..also there should be a HDTphysicsextnetions.log file send me the one with cosio hdt and one with out if you dont mind ..it should recreate a new every time you start the game

hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml

45 minutes ago, scivirus said:

this is very strange My PC is not nearly as good as yoursĀ  and i get a constant 30 fps especially in Rooms or dungeons ..There are some specific locations that i have problems with but its not HDT related But more about to rendering problems .i have made a HDTPE for you to try ..i dont think it will help but it can just help show us what's going on..also there should be a HDTphysicsextnetions.log file send me the one with cosio hdt and one with out if you dont mind ..it should recreate a new every time you start the game

Ok. I will try it, thank you!

Ā 

Maybe couple more details will help solving this somehow.

1) when installing COSIO I have a "stiff tail" problem on argonians and khajiits (removing khajiit and argonian tail nifsĀ installed with COSIO solves this).Ā 

2) among forementioned NPCs I have some custom followers with their body nifs in their own folders. Some of them was generated in bodyslide using COSIO 3.9 and some with new COSIO HD 4.0. Is it ok? Although with default HDT they work together fine.

Here are the testing results (same room, same set of NPCs, loaded from the same savefile):

Ā 

1) Default HDT (25-35 fps):

hdtPhysicsExtensions - default HDT.log

Ā 

2) COSIO 4.0 HDĀ HDT (5-8 fps):

hdtPhysicsExtensions - COSIO HD.log

Ā 

3) Modified HDT file that you have provided in your post (same 5-8 fps):

hdtPhysicsExtensions - COSIO modified.log

Ā 

Looking at the last two logs I see a problem with some nonexistent belly bone. It is strange. I haveĀ XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended and the only mod that does something with bellies in my setup is Soulgem Oven v.310, but you said that it works fine with COSIO so it shouldn't be the cause of the problem.

1 minute ago, alambeard said:

Looking at the last two logs I see a problem with some nonexistent belly bone. It is strange. I haveĀ XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended and the only mod that does something with bellies in my setup is Soulgem Oven v.310, but you said that it works fine with COSIO so it shoulnt be the cause of the problem.

XP32 or XPMSE32? The former is outdated while the latter is now the standard.

17 minutes ago, alambeard said:

This one:Ā https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68000

I guess its the right one, besides if it would be the wrong one I would probably have had a plenty of problems with other mods relying on it :smile:

Huh. That's the right skeleton. The "missing belly bone" error and the frame rate drop made me think there was a problem with a skeleton itself. Maybe there is. Have you tried re-installing the skeleton, then running FNIS for Users afterwards? Sometimes the game stops registering that a given mod is installed because the engine is A BUGGY PIECE OF *&@#&!($@%.Ā :classic_blush:Ā Sorry, I understand the frustrations this game inflicts all too well and it still drives me out of my gourd thinking about them.

14 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Huh. That's the right skeleton. The "missing belly bone" error and the frame rate drop made me think there was a problem with a skeleton itself. Maybe there is. Have you tried re-installing the skeleton, then running FNIS for Users afterwards? Sometimes the game stops registering that a given mod is installed because the engine is A BUGGY PIECE OF *&@#&!($@%.Ā :classic_blush:Ā Sorry, I understand the frustrations this game inflicts all too well and it still drives me out of my gourd thinking about them.

Thank you for your advice!

Sadly, reinstallingĀ XPMSE and running FNIS again didn't help.

hdtPhysicsExtensions - XPMSE reinstalled.log

Ā 

If there would be a problem with skeleton itself, I think I would experienced it with defaultĀ hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml file, but with default HDT framerate is ok.

31 minutes ago, alambeard said:

Thank you for your advice!

Sadly, reinstallingĀ XPMSE and running FNIS again didn't help.

hdtPhysicsExtensions - XPMSE reinstalled.log

Ā 

If there would be a problem with skeleton itself, I think I would experienced it with defaultĀ hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml file, but with default HDT framerate is ok.

Cant be the Skeleton if you useĀ  older Xp32 the body will deform ..if you have armour equipped that does not support Belly HDT it will not have a belly bone ..i think that is what hogging your CPU it keeps looking for this bone ...keep in mind if you equip armour you are not using the cosio body ..its a CBBE variant BAseshape ....if it still reports that the bone is missing while naked it tells me it the wrong Body ..it might be over written during Batch Build..

give me a screen shot of the naked body on teh vagina in Game or the armour you have equiped >>i see something aboutĀ  Devious devises but it look ok

Ā 

there might a NPC in the cell that have armour that does not support HDT belly or pregnancy scaling

Cosio hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml has a HDT belly bounce and boneĀ  for collision Soul gem needs it but itsĀ  not the problem here ..Cosio it self is not the problem aswellĀ  but it is revealing a problemĀ  >>most armour have belly scaling because they are copied from original CBBE so this problem might be rare

11 minutes ago, Hornyhorns said:

Oh hi! Any chances to get HD Cosio body with HDT pussy for SSE in near future <:3Ā 

SkyrimSE has HDT now.

It has HDT but not colision ..if i understand it correctly Ā  HydrogensaysHDT does not support HDTPE anymore due to Intel license thing going on and is doing HDT SMP ..its not really ready yet for Cosio ..the body should work in SSE but you will have no Coliision

40 minutes ago, scivirus said:

Cant be the Skeleton if you useĀ  older Xp32 the body will deform ..if you have armour equipped that does not support Belly HDT it will not have a belly bone ..i think that is what hogging your CPU it keeps looking for this bone ...keep in mind if you equip armour you are not using the cosio body ..its a CBBE variant BAseshape ....if it still reports that the bone is missing while naked it tells me it the wrong Body ..it might be over written during Batch Build..

give me a screen shot of the naked body on teh vagina in Game or the armour you have equiped >>i see something aboutĀ  Devious devises but it look ok

Thank you for reply. I understand what you are pointing at, but character doesn't have any armor equipped at the moment, neither do NPCs present in the cell.

Only some minor Devious devices - nothing that would change baseshape.

Ā 

I've done some more testing:

- teleported from my dundeon to editor test cell (coc qasmoke in console) - most failsafe location that I can think of

- purged the cell buffer (pcb in console)

- made a new save and started experimenting from it

Ā 

First I loaded with COSIO HDT. I get constant 60fps (ENB fps limiter is set to that value)Ā with only player character in the room, dressed or undressed, with Devious devices or without them, pregnant with soulgems or not - doesn't matter.

When I add 30 undressed female NPCs using COSIO body, I get ~12 fps when looking at them and ~30 fps when looking at the wall.Ā 

But the interesting thing is I haven't got "belly bone missing" errorsĀ in the log.

Ā 

Then I loaded with default HDT (but still with COSIO body) and spawned exatly the same amount of the same NPCs. I got ~24 fps when looking at them and 60 fpsĀ when looking at the wall. No errors in the log.

Ā 

From that I would conclude the following:

Ā 

1) COSIO HDT causes heavy 50% fps drop in a "sterile" editor cell with simple naked NPCs, unaffected by any clothing or Soulgem Oven belly scaling or pretty much anything, without any errors in the log.

Maybe you could provide some optional patch for users like me with not so heavy HDT file? Because this fps drop is really significant even without any errors.

Ā 

2) withĀ COSIO HDTĀ I get 12fps looking at crowd of people in test cell but only half as much in my cell, which means that somebody in my dungeon causes even more problems. So I will have to identifyĀ problematic NPCs by exclusion during some "markfordelete massacre"Ā :smile:

17 minutes ago, alambeard said:

Thank you for reply. I understand what you are pointing at, but character doesn't have any armor equipped at the moment, neither do NPCs present in the cell.

Only some minor Devious devices - nothing that would change baseshape.

Ā 

I've done some more testing:

- teleported from my dundeon to editor test cell (coc qasmoke in console) - most failsafe location that I can think of

- purged the cell buffer (pcb in console)

- made a new save and started experimenting from it

Ā 

First I loaded with COSIO HDT. I get constant 60fps (ENB fps limiter is set to that value)Ā with only player character in the room, dressed or undressed, with Devious devices or without them, pregnant with soulgems or not - doesn't matter.

When I add 30 undressed female NPCs using COSIO body, I get ~12 fps when looking at them and ~30 fps when looking at the wall.Ā 

But the interesting thing is I haven't got "belly bone missing" errorsĀ in the log.

Ā 

Then I loaded with default HDT (but still with COSIO body) and spawned exatly the same amount of the same NPCs. I got ~24 fps when looking at them and 60 fpsĀ when looking at the wall. No errors in the log.

Ā 

From that I would conclude the following:

Ā 

1) COSIO HDT causes heavy 50% fps drop in a "sterile" editor cell with simple naked NPCs, unaffected by any clothing or Soulgem Oven belly scaling or pretty much anything, without any errors in the log.

Maybe you could provide some optional patch for users like me with not so heavy HDT file? Because this fps drop is really significant even without any errors.

Ā 

2) withĀ COSIO HDTĀ I get 12fps looking at crowd of people in test cell but only half as much in my cell, which means that somebody in my dungeon causes even more problems. So I will have to identifyĀ problematic NPCs by exclusion during some "markfordelete massacre"Ā :smile:

i understand what you are saying But the only thing that is vastly different in Cosio is the HDT belly ..Like i said MY PC is very old and i have noĀ  problem or very little ..you PC should not have a big performance drop like that ..i am not entirely convinced that the cosio HDT is to blame Here or sole responsible mostly because that no one has ever report this problem before and the fact my old pc seems to be OKĀ  ..

PLz try this hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml it has the Belly removed ..you body should still scale when pregnant but will not have collision or bounce on the belly

Ā 

PS sorry i dont want to say that you did something wrong ..clearly there is an incompatibility problem here and i want to identify it

1 hour ago, scivirus said:

i understand what you are saying But the only thing that is vastly different in Cosio is the HDT belly ..Like i said MY PC is very old and i have noĀ  problem or very little ..you PC should not have a big performance drop like that ..i am not entirely convinced that the cosio HDT is to blame Here or sole responsible mostly because that no one has ever report this problem before and the fact my old pc seems to be OKĀ  ..

PLz try this hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml it has the Belly removed ..you body should still scale when pregnant but will not have collision or bounce on the belly

Ā 

PS sorry i dont want to say that you did something wrong ..clearly there is an incompatibility problem here and i want to identify it

Thank you for trying to help :smile:

I'm not saying that something is wrong with the mod, I'm sure there is something with compatibility.

Ā 

I've tested this new xml file from your postĀ in test cell and in my dungeon.Ā The frame rate drop is almost exactly as heavy as with full COSIO HD HDT. I get probably +1 or +2 fps at most, so the effect is negligible, but with that file I obviously don't get belly bone errors in log anywhere.

Ā 

Just in case I will attach my default HDT file which gives the best fps, but lacks COSIO features.Ā 

hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP_def.xml

Maybe comparing files will show you something useful.

And I still get the bounce with this default file. By the way, couldĀ you point out what exactly am I missing when usingĀ this file instead of COSIOĀ one?

Ā 

2 hours ago, alambeard said:

I'm not saying that something is wrong with the mod, I'm sure there is something with compatibility.

Ā 

I've tested this new xml file from your postĀ in test cell and in my dungeon.Ā The frame rate drop is almost exactly as heavy as with full COSIO HD HDT. I get probably +1 or +2 fps at most, so the effect is negligible, but with that file I obviously don't get belly bone errors in log anywhere.

Ā 

Just in case I will attach my default HDT file which gives the best fps, but lacks COSIO features.Ā 

And I still get the bounce with this default file. By the way, couldĀ you point out what exactly am I missing when usingĀ this file instead of COSIOĀ one?

Ā 

I may just be talking out my butt here, so forgive me if I am, but are you using generic NPCs when you fill the room or followers? The reason I ask, is some time ago I had downloaded a follower and it just killed my system whenever I was near her. I can't remember what one it was now, but something to consider.

7 hours ago, scivirus said:

It has HDT but not colision ..if i understand it correctly Ā  HydrogensaysHDT does not support HDTPE anymore due to Intel license thing going on and is doing HDT SMP ..its not really ready yet for Cosio ..the body should work in SSE but you will have no Coliision

Okay, so we will wait. Anyway, thank you for attention and wisdom, all of this hdt-stuff is really hard to understand for me.Ā 

7 hours ago, sfeile said:

I may just be talking out my butt here, so forgive me if I am, but are you using generic NPCs when you fill the room or followers? The reason I ask, is some time ago I had downloaded a follower and it just killed my system whenever I was near her. I can't remember what one it was now, but something to consider.

Yes, I know what are you talking about, it is quite plausible scenario and I have encountered someĀ followers with custom bodies that ruined framerateĀ because of skeleton problems.

Ā 

Anyway, when I was experimentingĀ in qasmoke test cell, I was just spawning copies of the one failsafe NPCĀ with default bodyĀ and still got significant fps drop with cosio hdt compared to default hdt, so reason has to be elsewhere.

10 hours ago, alambeard said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

ok the most obvious missing is the hands and and forearm collision .they have no physics but they have a double in the Finger xml .it was an attempt to make any Npc to have breast collision with armour equippedĀ and the breast and butt is set not to collide with anything ..Since it does not work and easier just to add a string to the armour or replace the Baseshape with Cosio. i will remove it do some testing and come back to you..i will also experiment with the values a bit ..far as i can see the one you gave me must have more bounce and slow reacting but this values i will expect have more Cpu load ..but it does not .and it has Spring values that does nothing at all

alambeard

ok i have tested the HDTpe you gave me It has no Performance improvementĀ  ...I also removed the hands and forearm bones from the Cosio HDTPE ..so far the collision still works because the Hands and forearm collision are in the HDtfinger xml..no improvement here aswell but here it is try itĀ  ..

I also move to coc qasmoke and got 60 fpsĀ  ..i then spawnd 30 npc's it dropped to 40 and 30 depends if i move my head ..the drop is expected but never gotĀ  to 24 fpsĀ  ..then i tested the HDTpe you gave me and did the same thing...results are the same 40 to 30 FPS never lower Ā  ..

this tells me there is something interfering with Cosio HDT ..most likely another HDT mod ..>>this is along shot have you ever Used or tried HDT SMP?..

Ā 

4 hours ago, scivirus said:

alambeard

ok i have tested the HDTpe you gave me It has no Performance improvementĀ  ...I also removed the hands and forearm bones from the Cosio HDTPE ..so far the collision still works because the Hands and forearm collision are in the HDtfinger xml..no improvement here aswell but here it is try itĀ  ..

I also move to coc qasmoke and got 60 fpsĀ  ..i then spawnd 30 npc's it dropped to 40 and 30 depends if i move my head ..the drop is expected but never gotĀ  to 24 fpsĀ  ..then i tested the HDTpe you gave me and did the same thing...results are the same 40 to 30 FPS never lower Ā  ..

this tells me there is something interfering with Cosio HDT ..most likely another HDT mod ..>>this is along shot have you ever Used or tried HDT SMP?..

Ā 

Thank you for your continuous support.Ā 

xml file that you have provided in your latest post gives some fps improvement in dungeon, but not much:Ā now I get ~10-12 fps (was 5-8 withĀ cosio hdt and 25-35 with default hdt).

Good news are:Ā I have found the NPC that caused belly bone error and got rid of it, butĀ this gave only +1-2 fps at most.

And I have noticed that spawning NPCs with beast skeletons affects fps a little bit more. This may somehow be connected with "stiff tail" problem that I have on argonians and khjiits with cosio tail nifs. Maybe there is something to improve there?

Ā 

I haven't usedĀ HDT SMP, only HDT PE.

Mods that may have at least somethingĀ to do with HDT in my mod list are:

Ā 

Realistic Ragdolls and Force 1.9

HDT PE 14.28

XPMSE 3.94 (XPMSE HDT rig 115 bones)

SOS (full) + a couple of addons

NetImmerce Override 3-4-4

RaceMenu 3-4-5

COSIO HD 4.0

Soulgem Oven 3.10

ZAP 8.0 cosio bodyslide support

Beast HDT v0.61

CBBE HDT Piercingsets

Devious Devices and Heretical Resources (latest versions)

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

4 hours ago, alambeard said:

Thank you for your continuous support.Ā 

xml file that you have provided in your latest post gives some fps improvement in dungeon, but not much:Ā now I get ~10-12 fps (was 5-8 withĀ cosio hdt and 25-35 with default hdt).

Good news are:Ā I have found the NPC that caused belly bone error and got rid of it, butĀ this gave only +1-2 fps at most.

And I have noticed that spawning NPCs with beast skeletons affects fps a little bit more. This may somehow be connected with "stiff tail" problem that I have on argonians and khjiits with cosio tail nifs. Maybe there is something to improve there?

Ā 

I haven't usedĀ HDT SMP, only HDT PE.

Mods that may have at least somethingĀ to do with HDT in my mod list are:

Ā 

Realistic Ragdolls and Force 1.9

HDT PE 14.28

XPMSE 3.94 (XPMSE HDT rig 115 bones)

SOS (full) + a couple of addons

NetImmerce Override 3-4-4

RaceMenu 3-4-5

COSIO HD 4.0

Soulgem Oven 3.10

ZAP 8.0 cosio bodyslide support

Beast HDT v0.61

CBBE HDT Piercingsets

Devious Devices and Heretical Resources (latest versions)

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

OK i have worked on HDT tails for about a month Now ans made a massive improvementĀ  ...

NetImmerce override is not needed it comes with racemenu ..

I will try another one version of CosioĀ  ....

you could try disable those Mods in order back wards including HDT PE 14.28 and check if there is any Xml file left over in the Skse folder

56 minutes ago, scivirus said:

OK alambeardĀ  thy this one i have decrease the values on the weight and spring tensions .to half of the values >.it will bounce the same as before but will not droop as much ..

also try try the Hdt tails Xmls aswell

argonian_tail.xml

khajiit_tail.xml

Thanks!

Sadly that hdt fileĀ gives me aproximately the same low framerate as cosio original.

And still no luck with tails, guess I'll just delete nifs again - that solves the problem, at least visually.

Ā 

I'm still trying to sort out HDT situation on my side, but for now there areĀ no new results.

10 minutes ago, alambeard said:

Thanks!

Sadly that hdt fileĀ gives me aproximately the same low framerate as cosio original.

And still no luck with tails, guess I'll just delete nifs agin - that solves the problem, at least visually.

is there no animation on the tails they should swing when walking