will do. Just to clarify, NMM is showing I have the beta issue of both mods. Also, don't know if this is important but hey. I'll be starting a new game with Alternate Start, in the inn at Riverwood. I'll buy leather strips from the blacksmith and make fur top, trousers, cloak, and panties. The character will also have a hat, which as far as I know animates fine, and boots, again which seem to animate fine. I'm not using any body mods, and the clothing I believe comes from Hmm What to Wear. Everything that I create and then equip is put on over and around the clothes the character is already wearing, which is a bit odd. Shouldn't be long to get that papyrus for you.

Installed this with MO - strip works fine with gaunlets, boots & cuirass - animations look good - can't wait to see this implemented in Sexlab. Tried to see if EK Limited Items would lead to clothing drop but there's too much of a delay. Great mod and thank you very much!

will do. Just to clarify, NMM is showing I have the beta issue of both mods. Also, don't know if this is important but hey. I'll be starting a new game with Alternate Start, in the inn at Riverwood. I'll buy leather strips from the blacksmith and make fur top, trousers, cloak, and panties. The character will also have a hat, which as far as I know animates fine, and boots, again which seem to animate fine. I'm not using any body mods, and the clothing I believe comes from Hmm What to Wear. Everything that I create and then equip is put on over and around the clothes the character is already wearing, which is a bit odd. Shouldn't be long to get that papyrus for you.

This is actually really helpful: I think I'll install Hmm What to Wear and see if I can replicate your issue. But please go ahead and send your log. Thanks!

Installed this with MO - strip works fine with gaunlets, boots & cuirass - animations look good - can't wait to see this implemented in Sexlab. Tried to see if EK Limited Items would lead to clothing drop but there's too much of a delay. Great mod and thank you very much!

Thanks for the feedback; and it's positive too (I was starting to worry a bit!).

Feel free to try stripping from other slots too, maybe there are bugs waiting to be found there... this is a beta after all! :P

OK here it is. Same as usual, hat and boots animated ok, though a bit of lag on the hat. Everything else (including a ring) unequipped together.

Yes, indeed, 5 items were detected as being on the main body, sorry about that!

Could you install the new version (SerialStrip v1.0.1-beta)? It fixes this bug (keywords for cuirass were too general). You'll need to install on a clean save or clean it with a savegame cleaner.

Thanks!

A clean save would be a savegame made before ever installing SerialStrip. If you don't have one, there are tools like the Savegame Script Cleaner which can clean your savegame for you.

The reason we need a clean save is because old versions of scripts get saved into the savegames so when you update to a new version they carry old garbage along. This not always the case but mods in beta stage especially may need clean saves to update correctly.

ah ok. I deleted the old mod from NMM, installed the update......and had exactly the same result.

Using that mod you recommended....it's not showing any orphan scripts in any of my saves, so I'm guessing they're clean?

Used the save game cleaner you recommended, but none of my saves show 'orphan' scripts, so I'm guessing that mean they're clean?

just tried a new save...this time I had earrings, which don't show but do equip. And they unequipped at the same time as the hat....and everything else unequipped at the same time, the cloak, pants etc. It's looking like theres some issue with every item from every body part getting removed at the same time, maybe

jacques00, as you said there are no lines about our plugin in this log. All our lines are preceded by "[serialStrip]". Even if there are no errors, this beta version will at least notify about whether it found SexLab or not and what arrays it filled and stripped - not even these lines are present.

Could it be that this is a log without SS running? Or created before trying to strip any items?

No, the log is just after I finished testing the mod--I don't log often, so there shouldn't be any other logs. There are no notifications anywhere in my logs (I've tested it a couple times now).

Aside from that, do you think it could be a keyword clash issue? One of the items in question had both "NoStrip" and "ClothingCirclet", as well as having the SexLab MCM stripping slots all toggled on. If this is the case, then it's an easy fix on my end, but I still think NoStrip should have highest priority (if an object contains that, there's no point of checking whether or not SexLab makes it strippable).

I ran into another issue during testing it seems... After loading a file with the Stripper plugin active, the plugin's hotkey command doesn't trigger. Again, my logs show nothing related to either mod, so I can't pinpoint what is wrong exactly. I have no idea why messages related to your mod are refusing to log for me...

Edit: Derp. It looks like my tracing feature was off the entire time, even though logging was on. I successfully got it to log now, and there doesn't seem to be any issues beside that possible keyword vs SexLab name clash (when I removed the "Clothing Circlet" keyword from the item, successfully did not strip--with the keyword, there's a chance that it will strip or not--again, with all the SexLab stripping slots toggled on). I think the loading issue was because the file had saved while my character was in combat--so the stripping is locked during battle? If so, then it's working like it should in that regard.

Here is the log (loaded a couple times to check to see if it was an issue):

attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.log

This is really helpful, thanks!

From your description and the log, it seems the item in slot 42 (a circlet) is being detected by SexLab's IsStrippable() as... well, strippable! Meaning, it can't find the "NoStrip" keyword in it.

This is really unexpected as that function is coming from an already tested-and-working mod, SexLab. I'll look into it.

Yea, I the SexLab check just overrides the check for "NoStrip" entirely (which is how you intended), but I think that is where the issue is. For SexLab, it explicitly looks for "SexLabNoStrip", I think, so it ignores items with just the word "NoStrip", to which the item has currently. I guess if I added the "SexLabNoStrip" keyword onto the keyword list for that item, it would function as it should. Just a guess on my end, so do correct me if I'm wrong.

Can you please tell us what items those are? What I see is that there are coming from different mods so if you can help us by providing the following info:

• Name of the mod
  • Name of the item
  • Itemtype (Cuirass, Boots, Gloves etc.)
  • All keywords on each item

Sure, the mod is super old, so I'm not sure if it's still around, but it should be known as Calyps' Animal Ears and Tails or something similar, though I edited it on my end to take up different slots than what the mod had originally. All the items are set up similarly, but the item I was testing on was the Cow Ears, set up for slot 43. Keywords include: ArmorJewelry, VenderItemJewelry, JewelryExpensive, ClothincCirclet, and NoStrip. (And yes, the keyword for circlet is there, even though it's not taking up the circlet slot exactly--but that shouldn't matter, right?)

Again, this mod also had "ClothingCirclet" on its keyword list, and occupies a slot SexLab labels as strippable. Because I added "NoStrip" to the keyword list, it should theoretically ignore the item 100% of the time, but in my case, it sometimes removes it. This is not a major issue however, as removing the circlet keyword seems to have fixed the issue... I think so, anyway.

What I assume keywords on some items are just plain wrong. According to the log your character was wearing 2 boots, 3 gloves and 2 chestpieces. I know it's cold in Skyrim and snow storms can do harm to the unprepared but 3 gloves? :P

Yea, I noticed that when I was looking for keyword conflicts after trying to sort out why that one item kept unequipping randomly. The armor mod I was testing on consisted of a lot of overlapping parts, so some would have similar keywords/slots (like boots and socks occupying the feet/leg slots, gauntlets and arm armor covering the hand/arm slots etc.), so I can see why it would list a bunch of the same type of items with your mod. Just made me realize how outdated and unorganized my armor mods were, so I had to go in an edit a few things on them.

Found the reason, I didn't install SerialStripper v1.0-beta, only SerialStrip v1.0.1-beta. Would it be possible to make it more obvious? Another name or an esm for the framework perhaps?

A lantern from wearable lantern has been unequipped, but the light was still shining. Opening the inventory revealed that it's still equipped.

After our test phase and future enhancements we are integrating SerialStrip into the APPS - Framework and keep the SerialStripper as single plugin for the users.

Regarding Wearable Lanters: The version 3.0b has some serious issues and Chesko (The creator) unfortunately left the Skyrim modding scene. So my first guess would be that it is a bug on the lanterns which might not behave well when be unequipped by a script.

I've run into this bug myself, but there's not much done about it because the prop item equipping and the light effect equipping are run by scripts for that mod.

jacques00, can I send you by PM a special version which isn't using SexLab's IsStrippable(), to see if it works for you? Because from the log it looks like this might be causing your issue. This version will be looking for the NoStrip keyword using the vanilla functions, which right now are being used only when SexLab is not installed.

If you like, sure, I wouldn't mind that. You can probably add a function to toggle SexLab checking off and have Stripper use that toggle, but I understand this is a bit more involved than simply gutting the SexLab calls and would require more bug testing than it's worth. Just an idea though!

just tried a new save...this time I had earrings, which don't show but do equip. And they unequipped at the same time as the hat....and everything else unequipped at the same time, the cloak, pants etc. It's looking like theres some issue with every item from every body part getting removed at the same time, maybe

The issues must be the keywords themselves. Not all mod authors apply the appropriate keywords/slot designations, so when run through this mod, it may produce unexpected results. The best fix is to go in and edit the trouble mod's .esp yourself and apply the proper slot/keywords to be more compatible with the stripper mod.

I'll install your clothes mod and see what happens on my game. By the way, please post a papyrus log for the bug with the new version -  it has extra debugging lines that can help me understand the issue.

jacques00, as you said there are no lines about our plugin in this log. All our lines are preceded by "[serialStrip]". Even if there are no errors, this beta version will at least notify about whether it found SexLab or not and what arrays it filled and stripped - not even these lines are present.

Could it be that this is a log without SS running? Or created before trying to strip any items?

No, the log is just after I finished testing the mod--I don't log often, so there shouldn't be any other logs. There are no notifications anywhere in my logs (I've tested it a couple times now).

Aside from that, do you think it could be a keyword clash issue? One of the items in question had both "NoStrip" and "ClothingCirclet", as well as having the SexLab MCM stripping slots all toggled on. If this is the case, then it's an easy fix on my end, but I still think NoStrip should have highest priority (if an object contains that, there's no point of checking whether or not SexLab makes it strippable).

I ran into another issue during testing it seems... After loading a file with the Stripper plugin active, the plugin's hotkey command doesn't trigger. Again, my logs show nothing related to either mod, so I can't pinpoint what is wrong exactly. I have no idea why messages related to your mod are refusing to log for me...

Edit: Derp. It looks like my tracing feature was off the entire time, even though logging was on. I successfully got it to log now, and there doesn't seem to be any issues beside that possible keyword vs SexLab name clash (when I removed the "Clothing Circlet" keyword from the item, successfully did not strip--with the keyword, there's a chance that it will strip or not--again, with all the SexLab stripping slots toggled on). I think the loading issue was because the file had saved while my character was in combat--so the stripping is locked during battle? If so, then it's working like it should in that regard.

Here is the log (loaded a couple times to check to see if it was an issue):

attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.log

This is really helpful, thanks!

From your description and the log, it seems the item in slot 42 (a circlet) is being detected by SexLab's IsStrippable() as... well, strippable! Meaning, it can't find the "NoStrip" keyword in it.

This is really unexpected as that function is coming from an already tested-and-working mod, SexLab. I'll look into it.

Yea, I the SexLab check just overrides the check for "NoStrip" entirely (which is how you intended), but I think that is where the issue is. For SexLab, it explicitly looks for "SexLabNoStrip", I think, so it ignores items with just the word "NoStrip", to which the item has currently. I guess if I added the "SexLabNoStrip" keyword onto the keyword list for that item, it would function as it should. Just a guess on my end, so do correct me if I'm wrong.

Can you please tell us what items those are? What I see is that there are coming from different mods so if you can help us by providing the following info:

• Name of the mod
  • Name of the item
  • Itemtype (Cuirass, Boots, Gloves etc.)
  • All keywords on each item

Sure, the mod is super old, so I'm not sure if it's still around, but it should be known as Calyps' Animal Ears and Tails or something similar, though I edited it on my end to take up different slots than what the mod had originally. All the items are set up similarly, but the item I was testing on was the Cow Ears, set up for slot 43. Keywords include: ArmorJewelry, VenderItemJewelry, JewelryExpensive, ClothincCirclet, and NoStrip. (And yes, the keyword for circlet is there, even though it's not taking up the circlet slot exactly--but that shouldn't matter, right?)

Again, this mod also had "ClothingCirclet" on its keyword list, and occupies a slot SexLab labels as strippable. Because I added "NoStrip" to the keyword list, it should theoretically ignore the item 100% of the time, but in my case, it sometimes removes it. This is not a major issue however, as removing the circlet keyword seems to have fixed the issue... I think so, anyway.

What I assume keywords on some items are just plain wrong. According to the log your character was wearing 2 boots, 3 gloves and 2 chestpieces. I know it's cold in Skyrim and snow storms can do harm to the unprepared but 3 gloves? :P

Yea, I noticed that when I was looking for keyword conflicts after trying to sort out why that one item kept unequipping randomly. The armor mod I was testing on consisted of a lot of overlapping parts, so some would have similar keywords/slots (like boots and socks occupying the feet/leg slots, gauntlets and arm armor covering the hand/arm slots etc.), so I can see why it would list a bunch of the same type of items with your mod. Just made me realize how outdated and unorganized my armor mods were, so I had to go in an edit a few things on them.

Found the reason, I didn't install SerialStripper v1.0-beta, only SerialStrip v1.0.1-beta. Would it be possible to make it more obvious? Another name or an esm for the framework perhaps?

A lantern from wearable lantern has been unequipped, but the light was still shining. Opening the inventory revealed that it's still equipped.

After our test phase and future enhancements we are integrating SerialStrip into the APPS - Framework and keep the SerialStripper as single plugin for the users.

Regarding Wearable Lanters: The version 3.0b has some serious issues and Chesko (The creator) unfortunately left the Skyrim modding scene. So my first guess would be that it is a bug on the lanterns which might not behave well when be unequipped by a script.

I've run into this bug myself, but there's not much done about it because the prop item equipping and the light effect equipping are run by scripts for that mod.

jacques00, can I send you by PM a special version which isn't using SexLab's IsStrippable(), to see if it works for you? Because from the log it looks like this might be causing your issue. This version will be looking for the NoStrip keyword using the vanilla functions, which right now are being used only when SexLab is not installed.

If you like, sure, I wouldn't mind that. You can probably add a function to toggle SexLab checking off and have Stripper use that toggle, but I understand this is a bit more involved than simply gutting the SexLab calls and would require more bug testing than it's worth. Just an idea though!

The issues must be the keywords themselves. Not all mod authors apply the appropriate keywords/slot designations, so when run through this mod, it may produce unexpected results. The best fix is to go in and edit the trouble mod's .esp yourself and apply the proper slot/keywords to be more compatible with the stripper mod.

In the recent SexLab builds, IsStrippable() just looks if the "NoStrip" string appears as a subset of any keyword. So it would detect "SexLabNoStrip", "NoStripPlease" and of course "NoStrip".

In your case, SerialStrip does the following:

It looks through your gear and decides that item in slot 43 this is a circlet (because it has the ClothingCirclet keyword), just not in the slot 42. It makes a note that it has NoStrip too.

Then it finds another circlet, this time in slot 42, and this doesn't have the NoStrip keyword.

It then looks at SexLab configuration and sees "Circlets are to be stripped".

At this point, it strips both circlets, 42-true-circlet and 43-false-circlet, because it thinks they are both part of a multi-part item intended for circlet wear (perhaps a modders attempt at allowing to wear 2 circlets at the same time?) and wants to strip it as the modder had intended. It doesn't want to leave "half the modded circlet" on the player because it happened to have the NoStrip keyword.

This is by design. The thinking is that slots can be wrong by mistake or even by intent (as in the example of a hypothetical 2-item circlet), whereas keywords should be correct more often than not. So, when it finds a conflict: 1.keywords win, 2. if any part of a multi-part armor is strippable then all of it is strippable.

I think this explains your issue. If you agree, I wouldn't treat this as a bug because this is precisely how we want the mod to function.

A simple thing you could do to test the narrative above is to remove your circlet (and any other items with the ClothingCirclet keyword expect the Cow Ears) and then try stripping again: it should leave the Cow Ears equipped.

In the recent SexLab builds, IsStrippable() just looks if the "NoStrip" string appears as a subset of any keyword. So it would detect "SexLabNoStrip", "NoStripPlease" and of course "NoStrip".

In your case, SerialStrip does the following:

It looks through your gear and decides that item in slot 43 this is a circlet (because it has the ClothingCirclet keyword), just not in the slot 42. It makes a note that it has NoStrip too.

Then it finds another circlet, this time in slot 42, and this doesn't have the NoStrip keyword.

It then looks at SexLab configuration and sees "Circlets are to be stripped".

At this point, it strips both circlets, 42-true-circlet and 43-false-circlet, because it thinks they are both part of a multi-part item intended for circlet wear (perhaps a modders attempt at allowing to wear 2 circlets at the same time?) and wants to strip it as the modder had intended. It doesn't want to leave "half the modded circlet" on the player because it happened to have the NoStrip keyword.

This is by design. The thinking is that slots can be wrong by mistake or even by intent (as in the example of a hypothetical 2-item circlet), whereas keywords should be correct more often than not. So, when it finds a conflict: 1.keywords win, 2. if any part of a multi-part armor is strippable then all of it is strippable.

I think this explains your issue. If you agree, I wouldn't treat this as a bug because this is precisely how we want the mod to function.

A simple thing you could do to test the narrative above is remove your circlet (and any other items with the ClothingCirclet keyword expect the Cow Ears) and then try stripping again: it should leave the Cow Ears equipped.

Ah, I see now. Okay, then this is easily avoidable on my end. Yes, I wouldn't count this as a bug either, it's more of a specific order-of-operations deal, so it's not a problem--I'll just adjust and fix any of the mods on my list that might have an issue with the strip mod. Thanks for the clarification!

This time, I tried stripping from normal clothes first, including a ring and necklace. I forgot to select 'ring' and 'necklace' in Sexlab, but when I did, I got a ring removing animation that I'd not seen before, but nothing when the necklace disappeared. Again, using fur upper, cloak, panties, skirt, and trousers, got an animation of pulling legs, sleeves and body, then everything stripped simultaneously.

Papyrus.0.log

OK, tried something different with interesting results. Found some Hide Armour and fur shoes, equipped those with a ring, necklace, and Hmm What to Wear panties. The animation for the necklace was identical to that for the hat, but everything stripped separately, except the hide armour and panties, which stripped together. It's almost certain now it's an issue between this mod and Hmm. I'm no expert but from what's been said I'm guessing it's in the way things are labelled. Hmm is the only mod I know where you get separate panties etc...are there other mods for seperates?

carl1480, the last log was very enlightening. It seems this is caused by some keywords on your item. I'll look at Hmm What to Wear and see what keywords it uses. Maybe I can even add this mod's keywords into my code and make them compatible.

By the way cloaks, upper body items and lower body items (except bras and panties) are indeed removed with the same animation, so these are working as intended. It's only with your underwear that we have an issue.

'It is only with your underwear that we have an issue'.

There is absolutely nothing I can say about that LOL!!!!

I don't want to put extra work on you, but it seems to me that maybe the first bit of the shoe removing animation, where the character begins to sit, could be used to animate as if taking off trousers. From what you say, am I right to understand that all outer clothing will strip simultaneously, or should each item strip independently?

OK, I've looked into Hmm What to Wear.

This mod has panties with the keyword ClothingBody, which is typically used for dresses etc. They have no other keywords to tell them apart from main-body items, so SerialStrip assumes they are part of a multi-part dress or chestpiece and undresses them during the main-body stripping animation. All other panties keywords are fine, they cause no issue.

I couldn't find what items you used for undergarments. If you tell me their names, I'll see what's wrong there too. As a rule, though, we remove "arms undergarments" and "legs undergarments" during the main-body stripping stage. Only proper bras and panties are treated separately.

Anything on the chest, pelvis, arms and legs is removed during the main-body animation, except for bras and panties.

Hehe, no it wasn't your underwear that we have an issue with, it's the modder's underwear. Oh, wait, this is still not right!

A valid point. I'll make it more obvious in the download page. We don't want to use a different name as this is just a companion mod for SerialStrip, which in turn is intended more as a modders resource. SerialStripper is just handy for beta testing and general fun until more specialized mods make use of this resource.

Hi.

Don't know why but it's not allowing me to C&P the link, but what I used was UNP or UNPetite - Hmm What To Wear. I used the first 2 mods in the download list, the UNP versions for the main game and Dawnguard. I've a few armour mods installed, but looking at the images of this mod, those are definitely the underwear I've got. I've only tried it with the Fur version, but there are steel, iron, leather, vampire, dawnguard, pretty much every armour and faction has a variation. In the crafting menu, it simply says 'fur panties' for the option I've been using.

OK. The UNP was the one I tested too. It's fine then, I will consider this not to be a bug on our part but a conflicting choice of keywords from the clothes mod.

By the way, if any clothes/armor modder has more experience in this matter (clothes keywords) and can assert that most underwear items have the ClothingBody keyword, then I will change the code to reflect this. Otherwise, we are treating this keyword as intended for main body items.