2 hours ago, Fasterflight225 said:

They're trying to have a conversation with one another, but have gotten stuck. Talk to one and then exit out to advance the conversation by one. You won't get to read it, but once they finish, you can continue with the quest.

Thanks, I managed to resolve it by using something that fixes everything - sex! After I'd solicited Maive (felt a bit icky doing it but still) she went to Fiada and things carried on as normal. Phew! It's the second time I've had to resort to sex to fix a bug in this mod, but I guess that just makes it more entertaining!

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but can anyone give me a quick rundown/walkthrough on this thing?

I know some authors want to give a big dedication to their mods and expand on more content, and some others just want more dark souls in their game, finding even the slightest excuse to make it as difficult as possible.

Don't know yet what type of mod this is, as got it a bit blind, and I saw it on that review video and it looked cool, but I'm finding it's either hard as hell to play it, or I'm missing the cues. I mention this because I seem to be having lots of problems with the quest, first I had no idea I had to talk to a, inn keeper to send me to Falk and then being able to enter, the rest was going fine, but the "Inquiry" part of the quest still has me stuck since I ask more and more people and all they say is "we dont talk about it" or something like that, and it's getting rather frustrating.

Also I forgot to mention that my game just crashed after spending a lot of time wondering and trying to find NPCs to ask, and then a second time trying to retake where I left. So I just came here to ask instead.

I get it, it's immersive, but there comes a time I just want to advance. Maybe I'm too dumb for this quest, which is why I'm asking for help and directions.

Maybe this was already asked even, but this thread is over a 100 pages, and it's quind of insane to try to browse it and see if I can find some answers, so can anyone help please?

To be honest, I like the atmosphere so far, but by the end of the day, I was hoping to actually get to the part where my character has sex.

EDIT: So it randomly seemed to pass and I did nothing and some message said that part was over, I'm guessing it's time-based.

Managed to advanced some more, and not I'm stuck again becuase I have to investigate some house and the entrances is completely blocked with no hint, clue, lever or key to how to pass it.

Edited by Dark Mirror
3 hours ago, Dark Mirror said:

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but can anyone give me a quick rundown/walkthrough on this thing?

EDIT: So it randomly seemed to pass and I did nothing and some message said that part was over, I'm guessing it's time-based.

Managed to advanced some more, and not I'm stuck again becuase I have to investigate some house and the entrances is completely blocked with no hint, clue, lever or key to how to pass it.

The quest marker for that stage is broken. You're supposed to find a trapdoor in the Lighthouse and go around the blockage.

If memory serves... and it may not, my last 'playthrough' of the mod I skipped the main quest with console commands because I was just there for fun, the only remaining stumbling block after this is finding the spy in the Submission path, in which case I'll just tell you now to check the boat as well.

Hold on just a little longer, you're on the cusp of the mod showing what it's got.

12 hours ago, Fasterflight225 said:

The quest marker for that stage is broken. You're supposed to find a trapdoor in the Lighthouse and go around the blockage.

If memory serves... and it may not, my last 'playthrough' of the mod I skipped the main quest with console commands because I was just there for fun, the only remaining stumbling block after this is finding the spy in the Submission path, in which case I'll just tell you now to check the boat as well.

Hold on just a little longer, you're on the cusp of the mod showing what it's got.

16 hours ago, Celedhring said:

It's a good but flawed (and very buggy) mod.  Expect to console command alot on this mod. 

The atomsphere is great..just wish there was alot more male NPC's than there actually is.

Oh, bugged... not a lot.

You didn't saw TID...

Yes, I know that problem with the marker and the lightbhouse... I don't understand why the game choose the shortest path...

2 hours ago, Delzaron said:

Yes, I know that problem with the marker and the lightbhouse... I don't understand why the game choose the shortest path...

It must not recognize the blockage obstructs movement, and is attempting to guide the player through it to reach the objective.

Again, just put the marker on the trapdoor.

On 6/11/2021 at 4:07 AM, Fasterflight225 said:

I was able to finally make it further.

So far the full playthrough issue list has been:

- It's unclear how to do the "inquiry" part of the quest, is it even necessary to ask people and if so, how many of them, or it's just enough to wait until messages pop up saying quest is complete?

- The next issue would be the temple marker being misplaced. I'm assuming it's because the game indeed chooses the shorter path to set quest markers, but a little hint or alternative should be nice to not get confused/stuck in that part .

- Then comes the corruption quest, which starts by having to go to 3 people and ask them what they want. It was just a lucky guess that I figured out that the idea was to just talk to people and then report back, since I first went to the jarl, he asked for money and I thought I was supposed to give it to him there, and started wondering if the quest was broken again since he asked for 5000 something and I had over 20000 gold on my inventory but couldn't bribe him yet.

-Some weird stuff happened on the Erikur/Maive quest later, got dressed up as slave, Maive was dressed too, but then she just started wandering the town. Saw some comments about having sex with her solving the issue, so I did, and I think that finally allowed her to go to the house and do the actual scene with Erikur.

-It's already mentioned, but I'm guessing Susana is not supposed to run home after getting enslaved and parasited.

-Now I'm trying to do the scariest part of the quest according to the post, which is the thalmor spy. Still on "ask about the thalmor" and I have no idea if what I'm doing is helping or I'm just wasting time, since everyone says the exact same line.

EDIT: And the boat paid off in asking for thalmor, but it still would've been nice to have a hint to go there.

-I think the ceremony thalmor bug got me finally though. Standing there and nothing happens. And I did install the bug fix pack that's posted somewhere in this thread.

Edited by Dark Mirror
10 hours ago, Dark Mirror said:

I was able to finally make it further.

So far the full playthrough issue list has been:

- It's unclear how to do the "inquiry" part of the quest, is it even necessary to ask people and if so, how many of them, or it's just enough to wait until messages pop up saying quest is complete?

- The next issue would be the temple marker being misplaced. I'm assuming it's because the game indeed chooses the shorter path to set quest markers, but a little hint or alternative should be nice to not get confused/stuck in that part .

- Then comes the corruption quest, which starts by having to go to 3 people and ask them what they want. It was just a lucky guess that I figured out that the idea was to just talk to people and then report back, since I first went to the jarl, he asked for money and I thought I was supposed to give it to him there, and started wondering if the quest was broken again since he asked for 5000 something and I had over 20000 gold on my inventory but couldn't bribe him yet.

-Some weird stuff happened on the Erikur/Maive quest later, got dressed up as slave, Maive was dressed too, but then she just started wandering the town. Saw some comments about having sex with her solving the issue, so I did, and I think that finally allowed her to go to the house and do the actual scene with Erikur.

-It's already mentioned, but I'm guessing Susana is not supposed to run home after getting enslaved and parasited.

-Now I'm trying to do the scariest part of the quest according to the post, which is the thalmor spy. Still on "ask about the thalmor" and I have no idea if what I'm doing is helping or I'm just wasting time, since everyone says the exact same line.

EDIT: And the boat paid off in asking for thalmor, but it still would've been nice to have a hint to go there.

-I think the ceremony thalmor bug got me finally though. Standing there and nothing happens. And I did install the bug fix pack that's posted somewhere in this thread.

In order...

-I think you can ask Susana to ask around for you?

-Yeah, that's bullshit, nothing doing.

-I've seen people have problems with that before. Hell, I had problems with that on my first run, in that I had actually no idea where to find these people and thus resorted to spawning clones with the console. In a perfect world, this whole section of the quest would be replaced with helping around the temple/city doing fun cult things instead of running around skyrim talking to people.

-That's a new one for me, but not terribly surprising.

-She is. That's how it is in vanilla, I just didn't upgrade that while messing around.

-Really, you should be able to go straight to the high elf woman who might even be wearing Thalmor gear and just accuse her of being the spy. You're in a cult, due process doesn't matter. You should also be able to... I dunno, get Mankara to have the Lurkers tell you who it is, they're invisible and everywhere, they should know.

-The Ceremony bug is actual, literal curse magic. I said how I used a pre-hotfix version that somehow fixed it, but I suspect that it only works if you start a whole new file. See, I went and checked. There is actually, literally no difference between the ESPs of the pre-hotfix and post-hotfix versions of the game. All the hotfix did was replace one script that has nothing to do with the damned ceremony, I'm not even sure if it isn't just random fucking chance that causes it. ...Just skip it with the console, 'setstage **03a5ab 120' should work, replacing the ** with the mod's load order position.

3 hours ago, Fasterflight225 said:

-The Ceremony bug is actual, literal curse magic. I said how I used a pre-hotfix version that somehow fixed it, but I suspect that it only works if you start a whole new file. See, I went and checked. There is actually, literally no difference between the ESPs of the pre-hotfix and post-hotfix versions of the game. All the hotfix did was replace one script that has nothing to do with the damned ceremony, I'm not even sure if it isn't just random fucking chance that causes it. ...Just skip it with the console, 'setstage **03a5ab 120' should work, replacing the ** with the mod's load order position.

Thanks. Setstage worked.

Though I dont like to use it because it's usually a cheat and it's easy to break things, especially if you don't know what you're doing. If you say it's safe on this case, then I guess it is.

I hope I didn't miss anything. Tried a setstage the first time, that just sent me directly to the other world for the next part.

xx03a5ab 120 had better results triggering some light and dialogue.

Anyway. Great concept mod, I didn't play the slave storyline, The only thing that takes a lot from it, is how difficult it is to play it.

It's in dire need of some definitive fixing, or at the very least, a troubleshooting guide/walkthrough to help players get through the quest without ragequitting on the attempt.

Maybe I'll write a post about it myself later, if it can help future players to find their way.

Edited by Dark Mirror
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, doing a play through of FTD and in the Ryelh Hall I seem to be missing the texture for the zbfFuroTub01. It's invisible. The object is clickable, the animation for the character plays, and a few bits are attached to the character, but the tub itself isn't visible. This applies to all the Furo Tubs scattered around the hall.

If I look for the FormId 11026d3a I can see the Furo Tub 1 listed as furniture in the Zaz Animation Pack (8+), which loads before this mod. ZAP lists the model file. There is no definition for the object within FTD so I assume it absolutely depends upon this object from ZAP.

When I look through the texture set in ZAP I can't see anything that looks Furo-ish by name. But if I look at the files I can see an XXFuroTrap folder with a number of .dds texture files within it. I don't know the innards of the game well enough to know how these are linked to the furniture.

Any thoughts?

4 hours ago, jg8ts said:

Hi, doing a play through of FTD and in the Ryelh Hall I seem to be missing the texture for the zbfFuroTub01. It's invisible. The object is clickable, the animation for the character plays, and a few bits are attached to the character, but the tub itself isn't visible. This applies to all the Furo Tubs scattered around the hall.

If I look for the FormId 11026d3a I can see the Furo Tub 1 listed as furniture in the Zaz Animation Pack (8+), which loads before this mod. ZAP lists the model file. There is no definition for the object within FTD so I assume it absolutely depends upon this object from ZAP.

When I look through the texture set in ZAP I can't see anything that looks Furo-ish by name. But if I look at the files I can see an XXFuroTrap folder with a number of .dds texture files within it. I don't know the innards of the game well enough to know how these are linked to the furniture.

Any thoughts?

...Yes, congratulations, those are the textures for the furotub. The texture addresses are embedded within the mesh itself, so you won't find anything like that in the texture sets. I think it'd have the ugly pink 'missing texture' if that was the problem, so I accuse the Mesh itself of being missing/misplaced? But, in that case, you wouldn't be able to click it, and it's in the same folder as the attachment tentacles that you say do show up...

This is a very specific kind of error, the kind so specific that I can't help but suspect user error to some degree. Do other ZaZ furnitures appear? There are a few crosses and a wheel in the town square, are those there?

In any case, reinstall ZaZ and be careful when going forward.

2 hours ago, Fasterflight225 said:

...Yes, congratulations, those are the textures for the furotub. The texture addresses are embedded within the mesh itself, so you won't find anything like that in the texture sets. I think it'd have the ugly pink 'missing texture' if that was the problem, so I accuse the Mesh itself of being missing/misplaced? But, in that case, you wouldn't be able to click it, and it's in the same folder as the attachment tentacles that you say do show up...

This is a very specific kind of error, the kind so specific that I can't help but suspect user error to some degree. Do other ZaZ furnitures appear? There are a few crosses and a wheel in the town square, are those there?

In any case, reinstall ZaZ and be careful when going forward.

Thank you for that response.

Yes, some ZaZ furnitures are there, e.g. the crosses in the town square appear. You mentioned the pillory in the town square which I recall running into, when I was investigating but never thought to come back and look at. That might have been invisible as well, although the 'E' to Use Piilory did appear. It was a dark night :D I'll go back and look at that in a savegame.

ZAP's meshes are being overridden in MO by a patch I downloaded from LL a few days ago, "ZAP_no collision furnitures". I'll remove that and see if the tubs "magically" appear.

EDIT: removed that patch from MO and the Furo tubs appeared. I'll contact the patch creator and let them know of the problem.

EDIT 2: and it turned out that the link I'd followed from a SE mod was to the LE world, which is what I downloaded. Buried in the support thread someone had attached a version that they'd run through Cathedral to make it ready for SE. This one worked for me. So, yes, your original hypothesis was correct. User error. I will attach myself to the pillory that I can now see :classic_blush:

Edited by jg8ts
6 hours ago, kurokurokurokuro said:

I have to ask the citizens about a "Derleth", however I have no dialog option to do that. I try to start from an earlier point, and it gave me a direct pointer toward a dark elf with the name. However I could not say anything to him.

That's linked to TID, not FTD.

6 hours ago, Delzaron said:

That's linked to TID, not FTD.

?

Well crap. Starting over!

edit: ok, I have to wait that my contact -susana- to gather information, the objective mention "no wait or sleep", and it seem to be stuck now. :/

It's after I got into the Inn cave with the "kind of stealth lurker" (brilliant idea by the way, really got me spooked at first!) and gave her the note.

Edited by kurokurokurokuro
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2021 at 11:00 PM, Fasterflight225 said:

They're recommending there be an ending where the player becomes a breeder for lurkers.

You're welcome to translate yourself into German to tell them there are.

I see.. No, i didn"t made a bad end like this one for that mod...

7 hours ago, Delzaron said:

I see.. No, i didn"t made a bad end like this one for that mod...

You mean besides the resistance bad end, since it doesn't actually kill the player?

Or Radiant Cultist, though it only selects the Seeker for some reason?

Or just replaying Dream over and over, since that's superior to Radiant Cultist but a one-time thing?

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, mohsin308 said:

Hello, i try to get into the city by talking to knyvna but he say, "no panhandlers allowed or mercenary" what should i do?

You can only gain access to Insmouth through the questline, and you can only start the questline in Solitude's Blue Palace.

...Also, there's a location on the town's walls that's low enough for you to jump on from the outside, roughly on the opposite side of the gate, but this is obviously unintentional.

10 hours ago, Fasterflight225 said:

You can only gain access to Insmouth through the questline, and you can only start the questline in Solitude's Blue Palace.

...Also, there's a location on the town's walls that's low enough for you to jump on from the outside, roughly on the opposite side of the gate, but this is obviously unintentional.

I got in through the harbour but didnt know what to do and the pirates kept attacking me. Also who do i talk to in blue palace?

Edited by mohsin308
1 hour ago, mohsin308 said:

I got in through the harbour but didnt know what to do and the pirates kept attacking me. Also who do i talk to in blue palace?

The steward, Falk Firebeard. He's on the left during the initial court proceedings.

Obviously, sequence-breaking by getting into the town early does nothing, as the town isn't ready to receive visitors yet.

10 hours ago, Fasterflight225 said:

The steward, Falk Firebeard. He's on the left during the initial court proceedings.

Obviously, sequence-breaking by getting into the town early does nothing, as the town isn't ready to receive visitors yet.

He has no dialogs to start the quest, what am i missing?