I found a way to check if the actors are animating before launching a sex scene.

Event Riek(string eventName, string argString, float argNum, form sender)

bool i
    i = True

while i == True

if ( playerref.Isinfaction(SexLabAnimatingFaction) || aFTDNuaiREF.Isinfaction(SexLabAnimatingFaction) )
            debug.notification("actors are animating, can't start the new round. Wait 15 secs before new test")

utility.wait(15)

Elseif  (playerref.Isinfaction(SexLabAnimatingFaction) == False && aFTDNuaiREF.Isinfaction(SexLabAnimatingFaction) == False)

debug.notification("actors are not animating, new round will start after 15 sec delay")

utility.wait(15)

i = False

SexRiekling()

endif

endwhile
EndEvent

I implemented it in a function for dawstar (rock paper scissor), and tested it.

For example, if Norren is masturbating, the while loop continue until he leaves the SexLabAnimatingFaction.

The while loop check every 10 seconds. When it exit, the function can occur.

In rieklongs case, the hood event is that loop, and the getstage/setstage structure is in the SexRiekling()

So, until Player and Nuai exited the SexLabAnimatingFaction, the while loop will play and check every 10 sec if the conditions are met. I need to test it.

I also modified the end of Solitude quest.

You'll met a penitus occulatus agent. I'll need it for the prep of chapter 2, i don't think kjegrim can really help with an undercover mission, contrary to a penitus occulatus agent.

So, you'll meet then both in a tavern, and prepare the infiltration with them.

Ok, I mostly finished the chapter 1.

It need the last quest, when all the actors will met and share their point of view.

I need to remove the hint incrementation for chapter 1 quests : in place, the obtention of rosalie notes and the figurine are critical.

If you don't collect them, it will lead to the slaver trail only...

If you fail to find rosalie notes, Kjegrim will recruit Nuai instead, but you'll lack the clues about the creatures.

if you fail to recover the figurine, you'll fail to make a link between rosalies notes and Fulvius informations.

Investigators are now 3 :

- Kjegrim, the vigilant.

- Fulvius Cato, the Penitus Occulatus agent.

- Nuai, the mage apprentice.

I need to :

- implement the pictures in the mod as dds.

- write the last chap1 quest.

for now, I could make an update tonight I hope.

Edited by Delzaron
On 1/24/2023 at 8:41 PM, EinarrTheRed said:

Okay, found one of my concept drawings.  Hopefully this will make some sense to you and I'll post notes about what is where and some reasons for doing things a certain way below.

The map, Juutvol Isle

Hide contents

805178621_JuttvolIsle.thumb.jpg.07dd0af2b914c3c4a5e8a004da8ec13b.jpg

A - Fort Ingmarsen, the Jarl's residence

B - High District, where the wealthier and influential residents live

C - Market District, main part of town where you find the market building and various vendors and traders and warehouses (one warehouse has an entrance to a secret tunnel which connect to the hidden pirate cave).

D - Common District, this is where most people live.  Includes the communal bath house which has a natural cave with hot springs beneath it.

E - Herders houses - homes of people who keep herds of reindeer, goats and some cows to supply meat, milk and cheese

F - Old Lighthouse - connected to the town wall by a "harbor wall"

G - Mushroom Farmers - couple of caves in the cliff behind it are used to grow mushrooms.  Another farmer grows a crop of snowberries in fields outside (2-3 farm houses here)

H - Web Wood - tall pine forest covering this area.  Infested with frost bite spiders who nest in the trees and drop onto the unwary.  The edge of the forest overlooks a cliff with the farms on the plain below.  This mostly keeps the spiders in the forest and the farms safe. 

I - Pirate Cave - this large cave contains a small harbor with room for a couple of ships.  It was built by the Imperials who built the fort and there is a tunnel connecting to a warehouse in town and also to the fort which was meant as an escape route.  Its now used by pirates who are all also cultists.  The entrance is partially hidden by a rock outcrop.

J - Ice Fields - large glacial chunks of ice cover this area which slopes down into the sea.  A few old Nord stone huts can be found here, some half buried in the ice.  There are also steam caves in the ice, some inhabited by frost trolls.  Horkers can be found closer to the coast and are hunted for meat, fat and their tusks.  The Nord structures are from the first settlement which was build before the island froze.

K - Cauldera - the blown out crater of the now inactive volcano.  Rocky, difficult to traverse and covered in hot steam vents and fog.  There may be mineral deposits here or gem geodes.  Not much else of interest, the hot steam can be dangerous (does damage).

L - Ship Wreck - this is the wreck of an Imperial ship that was bringing food, vegetables, fruits and other supplies to the fort.  In the captains cabin an old log book can be found.  It tells of how a week out of port on their way here two sailors died in the night, then more, and the crew feared the plague until a large dead spider was found with another dead sailor.  A search revealed empty eggs among the fruit, a clutch of frost bite spiders had hatched out.  It was too late, they had grown to the size of dogs now and began attacking the crew.  By the time the ship neared the island, most of the crew was dead and the survivors were locked in the captains cabin.  The ship wrecked on a rocky beach and broke apart.  The spiders moved inland and found a new home in the pine forest, this is how it became infested.  The log book is over 100 years old.

The harbor would be how the player arrives and leaves the island, aboard a ship docked here.  There could be other trade ships, up to you.  It would seem a normal harbor.  The pirates/cultist are hidden away elsewhere in the cave, which will make that stuff less obvious and harder to find.

The ancient temple is now mostly buried, but, perhaps there might be part of it that could still be accessed somewhere in the Web Wood or through a steam cave in the ice fields... this could give an investigating player an alternate means of access in case they've managed to turn the whole town against them.

There are a couple of reasons for splitting the town into sections.  One, it gives you more control over what the player has access too.  Maybe they have to get permission or earn a certain amount of trust before they're allowed in certain parts which makes sneaking around and snooping dangerous if they get caught (not that that will stop people).  Also it gives a way to hide occlusion planes which help reduce the strain on Skyrim's old rendering engine so FPS doesn't drop too low.

The chapter 1 is nearby done, so I'll need to begin the chapter 2 : that's mean building Insmouth small world.

Your city plan is good, and can fit my plans.

Splitting the town in sections it was I planned for TID, for player access control indeed.

TYhe city must have a hostel/brothel, where player can rest and work (if cover chosen is prostitute)

In insmouth, player will need to make several things :

- keep her cover

- find Arthrarak ship and elements about the slaver activities : so it need a secured area in the harbor. Player will need to find a way to gain access.

- find Zadok Allenith, the sailor. You'll need Susanna first.

- find elements about the lurkers or Dagon. It will lead to the temple, which is accesible (the city is built on a ruin of a old nord/apocrypha ruin structure, so the temple is accesible from several access, one is in city).

- indeed, I need to control areas access.

I'll need to find a way to limit player freedom, by forcing her to perform regular tasks each day, linked to cover. For example, player as merchant will need to negociate x time with merchants in harbor or market, player as whore will need to work at brothel during x hours.

Of course most of current Insmouth stuff will needed to be transfered into the new one.

The guards should have uniforms. I think using Solitude or dawnguard ones, except the shield.

Hello there. I've experienced some problems with the latest build.

Followers cannot leave Norren's cave. They stand inside near the entrance. I have to fast travel for them to catch up with me again.

In the Ice Rift (Reikling Cave) things are still buggy but less buggy than before.

If I choose to help the Reiklings with their shaggadelic orgy the quest objective to talk to the chief appears immediately as soon as he starts fawnicating with Nuai. Speaking with him and having the conversation before he's finished having sex breaks the quest and it does not continue.  Next up, if the player agrees to join in, they strip off and have sex once with the chief. If Nuai isn't having sex she'll summon a Flame Atronach and the Reiklings will fight it. The player gets to have sex with a second Reikling (with Nuai servicing the chief) then the scene just stops. No progression. No more sex, no conversation available with the chief. Clearly something isn't working here.

Also followers now like to fall down the chasm in the Ice Rift and stay there (and they don't leave the cavern, similar to Norren's cave).

58 minutes ago, mikesolo1975 said:

thanks for the amazing work

any chance for a SE version update  ?

Im currently playing it on SE? Is it supposed to be LE only? :D

@Delzaron

Everything is working a okay. Finished the three inquiry quests without a single bug. I do need clarification on the next thing: I have done Winterhold before Windhelm, and talked only to Urag and Nuai during the quest(there was no interactions with rieklings whatsoever). They counted as if I recovered some documents(probably the ones that should have been in the last chamber of riekling cave)...was that a bug or have you scraped the riekling cave?

Finishing up Solitude and the rest of content.

Edited by wHOaMiEH

After about two rounds of the Riekling orgy the player stands and gets dressed then the quest breaks. No conversations available with any of the Rieklings. Fortunately there's an alternate route that bypasses participation in the orgy. Something definitely seems to be not quite working here.

4 hours ago, Balgin said:

Hello there. I've experienced some problems with the latest build.

Followers cannot leave Norren's cave. They stand inside near the entrance. I have to fast travel for them to catch up with me again.

In the Ice Rift (Reikling Cave) things are still buggy but less buggy than before.

If I choose to help the Reiklings with their shaggadelic orgy the quest objective to talk to the chief appears immediately as soon as he starts fawnicating with Nuai. Speaking with him and having the conversation before he's finished having sex breaks the quest and it does not continue.  Next up, if the player agrees to join in, they strip off and have sex once with the chief. If Nuai isn't having sex she'll summon a Flame Atronach and the Reiklings will fight it. The player gets to have sex with a second Reikling (with Nuai servicing the chief) then the scene just stops. No progression. No more sex, no conversation available with the chief. Clearly something isn't working here.

Also followers now like to fall down the chasm in the Ice Rift and stay there (and they don't leave the cavern, similar to Norren's cave).

For Norren cave, it look slike a navmeshe problem.

By the way, followers are useless for this quest. They could be used only in Rosalie quest, and only if you done Diraela quest before.

Yes, you need to wait Nuai and the chief finish their affair before talking to him, or it will break the launch of the orgy.

It's why I desactivated another Nuai sex scene.

I never met a Nuai/rieklings hostility problem.  I'll remove the flame atronach from her spell list.

The hook can crash at stage 421. It need a debug dialogue.

28 minutes ago, wHOaMiEH said:

Im currently playing it on SE? Is it supposed to be LE only? :D

@Delzaron

Everything is working a okay. Finished the three inquiry quests without a single bug. I do need clarification on the next thing: I have done Winterhold before Windhelm, and talked only to Urag and Nuai during the quest(there was no interactions with rieklings whatsoever). They counted as if I recovered some documents(probably the ones that should have been in the last chamber of riekling cave)...was that a bug or have you scraped the riekling cave?

Finishing up Solitude and the rest of content.

No, it will be SE.

for now, It's just an alpha projet, and the release are here for tests.

Once the chapter 1 will be completed, a SE release will be made.

Curious... you can't access Rosalie notes if you don't interact positively with the rieklings... I should look at it.

2 minutes ago, Delzaron said:

By the way, followers are useless for this quest. They could be used only in Rosalie quest, and only if you done Diraela quest before.

Yes, you need to wait Nuai and the chief finish their affair before talking to him, or it will break the launch of the orgy.

I never met a Nuai/rieklings hostility problem.  I'll remove the flame atronach from her spell list.

You should remove her summoned familiar (the wolf/dog) as well. She tends to summon that after the Flame Atronach disappears.

It definitely crashes at 421. I even had one CTD before it got that far on one attempt. This is a playthrough that was started before the mod update. Perhaps having the quests already started might have broken something.

Also I know I was told that Regulus Naevius goes somewhere in the evenings (I think it was the Winking Skeever) but he never leaves the East Empire Company warehouse making the next step of the Solitude investigation really difficult indeed.

11 minutes ago, Balgin said:

You should remove her summoned familiar (the wolf/dog) as well. She tends to summon that after the Flame Atronach disappears.

It definitely crashes at 421. I even had one CTD before it got that far on one attempt. This is a playthrough that was started before the mod update. Perhaps having the quests already started might have broken something.

Also I know I was told that Regulus Naevius goes somewhere in the evenings (I think it was the Winking Skeever) but he never leaves the East Empire Company warehouse making the next step of the Solitude investigation really difficult indeed.

found pb in norren cave : ot was a navmeshe problem witht he exit door marker.

No problem with riekling cave

I removed all the invoke spells in Nuai skills.

I also added a dialogue on the rikeling chief to help relaunch the sex scene chain if it stops.

And a condition to block the dial if he's in sexlab animating faction, so no dialogue when he's fucking Nuai.

If the sex scenes messes, yes, game can crash.

The solitude quest beginning is hard on purpose. I'll check his master packages to see if I can make it easier.

25 minutes ago, Delzaron said:

No, it will be SE.

for now, It's just an alpha projet, and the release are here for tests.

Once the chapter 1 will be completed, a SE release will be made.

Curious... you can't access Rosalie notes if you don't interact positively with the rieklings... I should look at it.

Well, you will at least have comprehensive log of bugs for SE edition. Solitude one was a slog of console commands. Will give you detailed report once Im done testing(soon)

Ok so final tally for Investigator/inquiry quests(for SE):

-Dawnstar works 100%

-Windhelm works 100%

-Winterhold skipped through entire riekling part of the quest(again I emphasize that I have done Winterhold before Windhelm. Last time when I did Windhelm>Winterhold the whole part with rieklings came up(although it was bugged to kingdom come)

-Solitude(this will be a big one):

1)Dock master does not spawn(at all...no ref id either)

2)Had to skip to stage 10 to talk with Xander

3)Broken Oar grotto works as intended

4)After talking to Deja(on the docks), Penitus Oculatus agent spawns in Solitude near the gate, not where the player should be.

5)Had to skip stages from 50 to 70(stage 60 did not work as intended)

Investigator-After talking about Solitude there is a bug when you need to continue to tell him about Dawnstar case.Skipped to stage 70 because of bugs.

@Delzaron is that all for now, or should I wait 2-3 days for a new message from the Vigilant? 

50 minutes ago, wHOaMiEH said:

Ok so final tally for Investigator/inquiry quests(for SE):

-Dawnstar works 100%

-Windhelm works 100%

-Winterhold skipped through entire riekling part of the quest(again I emphasize that I have done Winterhold before Windhelm. Last time when I did Windhelm>Winterhold the whole part with rieklings came up(although it was bugged to kingdom come)

-Solitude(this will be a big one):

1)Dock master does not spawn(at all...no ref id either)

2)Had to skip to stage 10 to talk with Xander

3)Broken Oar grotto works as intended

4)After talking to Deja(on the docks), Penitus Oculatus agent spawns in Solitude near the gate, not where the player should be.

5)Had to skip stages from 50 to 70(stage 60 did not work as intended)

Investigator-After talking about Solitude there is a bug when you need to continue to tell him about Dawnstar case.Skipped to stage 70 because of bugs.

@Delzaron is that all for now, or should I wait 2-3 days for a new message from the Vigilant? 

Curions, I got no major problems for Winterhold.

Some stops during the sex chain, but it' due to the hook. I add a dialogue line to the rikeling chief to debug that.

Dockmaster is in eastempire warehouse. It's not a mod related npc. Maybe I'll create his assistant to simplify the problem...

Penitus occulatus agent is supposed to following you, not staying at solitude gates...

I need to test it again.

the next quest with the vigilant is not done yet. That will be a scene one, and I'll need to create a cell

3 minutes ago, Delzaron said:

Curions, I got no major problems for Winterhold.

Some stops during the sex chain, but it' due to the hook. I add a dialogue line to the rikeling chief to debug that.

Dockmaster is in eastempire warehouse. It's not a mod related npc. Maybe I'll create his assistant to simplify the problem...

Penitus occulatus agent is supposed to following you, not staying at solitude gates...

I need to test it again.

the next quest with the vigilant is not done yet. That will be a scene one, and I'll need to create a cell

To explain Wintherhold fully:

Talked to Urag about the quest NPC, he had dialogue about some documents being found, had to talk to you quest npc where she swore to help the ivestigation...the quest ends.

It seems a lot of stages were skipped which is odd.

I know. I searched for him in the warehouse, he was not there(seen where he should be through XEdit).

Will wait and retest all questlines when you update them. 

34 minutes ago, wHOaMiEH said:

To explain Wintherhold fully:

Talked to Urag about the quest NPC, he had dialogue about some documents being found, had to talk to you quest npc where she swore to help the ivestigation...the quest ends.

It seems a lot of stages were skipped which is odd.

I know. I searched for him in the warehouse, he was not there(seen where he should be through XEdit).

Will wait and retest all questlines when you update them. 

tested again.

Ok, solitude quest begin is a major pain, I need to change that totally. I'll create an npc who work under Vittora supervision, you'll need to negociate/rob him in the skeever tavern.

I found a variable causes problem in the 60to 70 setstage script. But it's actually useless : Flulvius have the cell key !

for winterhold quest...

Urag send you to Enthir ?

Or it's the near end, when Urag send you to Nuai ?

With making the windhelm quest first, i got no problem with the winterhold quest like the one you describe...

I'll try the other side, I'll see.

Edit : i found the problem : Urag condition are set in or, so you cliked on his last quest dialogue line, stage 430 ... the quest stops at stage 450. So you missed all the content.

I'll fix that. I also detected some problems in player alone riekling alone path...

Edited by Delzaron
22 minutes ago, Delzaron said:

tested again.

Ok, solitude quest begin is a major pain, I need to change that totally. I'll create an npc who work under Vittora supervision, you'll need to negociate/rob him in the skeever tavern.

I found a variable causes problem in the 60to 70 setstage script. But it's actually useless : Flulvius have the cell key !

for winterhold quest...

Urag send you to Enthir ?

Or it's the near end, when Urag send you to Nuai ?

With making the windhelm quest first, i got no problem with the winterhold quest like the one you describe...

I'll try the other side, I'll see.

Edit : i found the problem : Urag condition are set in or, so you cliked on his last quest dialogue line, stage 430 ... the quest stops at stage 450. So you missed all the content.

I'll fix that. I also detected some problems in player alone riekling alone path...

Should have sent me to Enthir, sent me straight to Nuai.

11 minutes ago, wHOaMiEH said:

Should have sent me to Enthir, sent me straight to Nuai.

yeah, because you didn't clicked on the right dialogue line.

And it's due to the or in conditions list.

For solitude, I need to find a way to teleport Fulvius close to player... there is surely something to do with the count of questions you need to ask to the locals... for example, when questionning the pirates, I could move him to the docks. So, when you'll ask the last question, he'll follow you straight.

Edited by Delzaron
32 minutes ago, Delzaron said:

yeah, because you didn't clicked on the right dialogue line.

And it's due to the or in conditions list.

For solitude, I need to find a way to teleport Fulvius close to player... there is surely something to do with the count of questions you need to ask to the locals... for example, when questionning the pirates, I could move him to the docks. So, when you'll ask the last question, he'll follow you straight.

Clicked on the only dialogue option I had relating to that quest....

It would help tremendously if you did that. Also have in mind that a lot of people dont remember where broken oar grotto is(in general already existing locations...to clarify that is not my porblem...know 99% of them by heart(played Skyrim since 2011 :D)). Consider adding the markers to the current targets(or when the time comes in MCM add an option for quest to be played with or without markers). All in all it is a great start. 

Will the quest have a slave path(unwilling servant to the cult, being trained bit by bit to obey)?

ps-Sorry for prolonged asnwers(answering after 10 plus minutes), currently working  online so my atenition is divided.

Edited by wHOaMiEH
9 hours ago, Delzaron said:

I'll need to find a way to limit player freedom, by forcing her to perform regular tasks each day, linked to cover. For example, player as merchant will need to negociate x time with merchants in harbor or market, player as whore will need to work at brothel during x hours.

I thought that your Trust mechanism that you talked about would be good for that. Have it decrease every 1,2,4,6,12? hours etc automatically. Tasks are required to lift it up again?

The Winterhold investigation always breaks at the "find all the evidence" stage. Possibly because it's very easy to pick up most (if not all) of the evidence during the previous stage. But even if I wait, I still can't progress it. Either I'm not finding something or the quest's not progressing.

8 hours ago, wHOaMiEH said:

Clicked on the only dialogue option I had relating to that quest....

It would help tremendously if you did that. Also have in mind that a lot of people dont remember where broken oar grotto is(in general already existing locations...to clarify that is not my porblem...know 99% of them by heart(played Skyrim since 2011 :D)). Consider adding the markers to the current targets(or when the time comes in MCM add an option for quest to be played with or without markers). All in all it is a great start. 

Will the quest have a slave path(unwilling servant to the cult, being trained bit by bit to obey)?

ps-Sorry for prolonged asnwers(answering after 10 plus minutes), currently working  online so my atenition is divided.

OK, I add this to the list.

Slave part will be kept, but not the way you think... of course, it will be in the cult path.

8 hours ago, jg8ts said:

I thought that your Trust mechanism that you talked about would be good for that. Have it decrease every 1,2,4,6,12? hours etc automatically. Tasks are required to lift it up again?

It's not implemented yet !

I need to finish chapter 1 and design insmouth first !

But yes, the trust mecanism will be added, and it will be important.

29 minutes ago, Balgin said:

The Winterhold investigation always breaks at the "find all the evidence" stage. Possibly because it's very easy to pick up most (if not all) of the evidence during the previous stage. But even if I wait, I still can't progress it. Either I'm not finding something or the quest's not progressing.

I see. I shoudlk disable the satchel before the end of the scene to avoid player loot it and break the quest.

Scrip on rosalie note seems not working at intended also.