On 11/26/2021 at 10:24 PM, Fasterflight225 said:

...I haven't the faintest.

Did you spawn him with the console? When you enter the palace, there's a short court scene that you have to wait through, and that might affect clones.

yep. except that dialogue line, nothing special with falk firebeard.

Launch the quest line, captain, falk, and village.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, SubjectSix said:

I can't get the first Lurkers sex animation to play after the ceremony. I have the hard required mods, and even reinstalled More Nasty Critters, Hentai Creatures, and ZAZ 8.0+ before running FNIS. I follow the Lurkers to the tubs but no animation plays. Suggestions?

the npcs got the lurjer animation ?

11 minutes ago, SubjectSix said:

Nope. I'm now thinking it's a problem with the Lurker animations in general and not this quest. Still, assistance is appreciated.

Creature animations require a little more setup.

Do you have Sexlab Animation Loader? You can't add new animations if you don't.

In Sexlab's MCM, have you enabled creature animations, and disabled checking their gender? Do not ask me why the latter is important.

3 hours ago, Fasterflight225 said:

Creature animations require a little more setup.

Do you have Sexlab Animation Loader? You can't add new animations if you don't.

In Sexlab's MCM, have you enabled creature animations, and disabled checking their gender? Do not ask me why the latter is important.

I have SLAL. Apparently creature animations were disabled, possibly when I used the clean & rebuild option. Disabled checking Sexlab gender in creature framework MCM.

Seeker animation is working now. Lurkers still aren't working.

1 hour ago, SubjectSix said:

I have SLAL. Apparently creature animations were disabled, possibly when I used the clean & rebuild option. Disabled checking Sexlab gender in creature framework MCM.

Seeker animation is working now. Lurkers still aren't working.

Great, now I have to fucking remember this shit...

I recall there being some additional step to slap Sexlab awake and make it go 'oh yeah, these unusual creatures DO actually have valid animations, do not auto-abort when they're targeted.'

...Resetting the animation registry... maybe? It's been far, far too long, and this is one of those one-time 'oh, just press this button and everything just works now' situations.

28 minutes ago, Fasterflight225 said:

Great, now I have to fucking remember this shit...

I recall there being some additional step to slap Sexlab awake and make it go 'oh yeah, these unusual creatures DO actually have valid animations, do not auto-abort when they're targeted.'

...Resetting the animation registry... maybe? It's been far, far too long, and this is one of those one-time 'oh, just press this button and everything just works now' situations.

Tried cleaning animation registry individually and SL as a whole. No luck. Console is saying something about Lurkers not being selected as an actor because "already has an effect". Not sure if that's relevant; I can't read computer logic very well.

4 hours ago, SubjectSix said:

Tried cleaning animation registry individually and SL as a whole. No luck. Console is saying something about Lurkers not being selected as an actor because "already has an effect". Not sure if that's relevant; I can't read computer logic very well.

'Already has a...' okay, THAT is not normal.

Basically, the game's saying the Lurkers cannot be selected as Sexlab actors because they're already in an animation... I think that's what it means, anyway.

Load a save before entering Ryleth, perhaps? They must have some flag on them they're not goddamn supposed to...

13 hours ago, Fasterflight225 said:

'Already has a...' okay, THAT is not normal.

Basically, the game's saying the Lurkers cannot be selected as Sexlab actors because they're already in an animation... I think that's what it means, anyway.

Load a save before entering Ryleth, perhaps? They must have some flag on them they're not goddamn supposed to...

Could it be related to using setstage to skip the ceremony? The actors would get stuck during the ceremony and I couldn't advance, so I used "setstage xx03A5AB 120" to skip the ceremony since I saw that in earlier in the thread. I saw a Lurker in the background, so maybe some animation of his got screwed up and affected the Lurkers at Ryelh? Just spitballing.

Also, I tried using that command before entering the temple to see if I could just get teleported to Ryelh and avoid the ceremony all together. Now I can't seem to get sent there at all. I apparently overwrote all my saves from before this experiment except for the one I made in front of the Lurker and the tubs.

Are there several Lurker scenes, or just the one? If it's just one then I'll skip it since I've kinda put myself in a bind.

EDIT: Nevermind. I did the ceremony to summon the Lord of the Deeps and it won't advance now. Did I use the setstage for this ceremony, and not the one inside of the temple, thereby gumming everything up? Not sure what to do. At this point I'm mostly concerned about preserving my character.

Edited by SubjectSix
1 hour ago, SubjectSix said:

Could it be related to using setstage to skip the ceremony? The actors would get stuck during the ceremony and I couldn't advance, so I used "setstage xx03A5AB 120" to skip the ceremony since I saw that in earlier in the thread. I saw a Lurker in the background, so maybe some animation of his got screwed up and affected the Lurkers at Ryelh? Just spitballing.

Also, I tried using that command before entering the temple to see if I could just get teleported to Ryelh and avoid the ceremony all together. Now I can't seem to get sent there at all. I apparently overwrote all my saves from before this experiment except for the one I made in front of the Lurker and the tubs.

Are there several Lurker scenes, or just the one? If it's just one then I'll skip it since I've kinda put myself in a bind.

EDIT: Nevermind. I did the ceremony to summon the Lord of the Deeps and it won't advance now. Did I use the setstage for this ceremony, and not the one inside of the temple, thereby gumming everything up? Not sure what to do. At this point I'm mostly concerned about preserving my character.

Okay, hang the hell on, where are you right now.

There is exactly one instance of scripted lurker sex, and it's the Dream sequence after getting captured by the Cult.

There is no scripted lurker sex in the area of the game you are describing, meaning you are manually walking up to someone and trying to fuck them... which means it could be any goddamn lurker, including the Lord himself.

Now, this doesn't REALLY help, all Lurkers in Ryleth should be available for sum fuck, even the Lord, but it does mean you've been confusing us by omission and may be accidentally withholding something else important.

What, is your character male or something?

2 hours ago, Fasterflight225 said:

Okay, hang the hell on, where are you right now.

There is exactly one instance of scripted lurker sex, and it's the Dream sequence after getting captured by the Cult.

There is no scripted lurker sex in the area of the game you are describing, meaning you are manually walking up to someone and trying to fuck them... which means it could be any goddamn lurker, including the Lord himself.

Now, this doesn't REALLY help, all Lurkers in Ryleth should be available for sum fuck, even the Lord, but it does mean you've been confusing us by omission and may be accidentally withholding something else important.

What, is your character male or something?

So in the underground temple there's a ceremony that takes place. You watch it from a nearby platform; you don't participate. The game wasn't progressing, so I looked up if anyone else was having any similar bugs. I found a post saying to use "setstage xx03A5AB 120" to complete the ceremony and progress. I thought it was the ceremony you witness underground, but now understand it could be the one in Ryleth. So I used setstage and a glowing ball appeared above the altar inside the underground temple. I leave the temple to the strange cave. I get teleported to Ryleth. Lurker scene there doesn't work. That was my original problem.

I tried ignoring the Lurker scene and playing ahead. Got in the tub, got in the egg pool, got teleported to another room with the lady and the lurkers. She does her business with me. Everything turns blue, but I can't seem to progress from there.

Now my saves prior to using setstage are all overwritten. I'm stuck in Ryleth with no apparent way to progress. 

At this point I figure I should just look to get my character out. Maybe then I can reset the quest and find a real solution to the underground temple ceremony, rather than screwing things up worse.

EDIT: Found console command to force my player to an outside location. Now if I can reset the quests I can work back to the point I originally needed help with and get the help from you, instead of finding my own and creating more problems.

Edited by SubjectSix
6 hours ago, SubjectSix said:

So in the underground temple there's a ceremony that takes place. You watch it from a nearby platform; you don't participate. The game wasn't progressing, so I looked up if anyone else was having any similar bugs. I found a post saying to use "setstage xx03A5AB 120" to complete the ceremony and progress. I thought it was the ceremony you witness underground, but now understand it could be the one in Ryleth. So I used setstage and a glowing ball appeared above the altar inside the underground temple. I leave the temple to the strange cave. I get teleported to Ryleth. Lurker scene there doesn't work. That was my original problem.

I tried ignoring the Lurker scene and playing ahead. Got in the tub, got in the egg pool, got teleported to another room with the lady and the lurkers. She does her business with me. Everything turns blue, but I can't seem to progress from there.

Now my saves prior to using setstage are all overwritten. I'm stuck in Ryleth with no apparent way to progress. 

At this point I figure I should just look to get my character out. Maybe then I can reset the quest and find a real solution to the underground temple ceremony, rather than screwing things up worse.

EDIT: Found console command to force my player to an outside location. Now if I can reset the quests I can work back to the point I originally needed help with and get the help from you, instead of finding my own and creating more problems.

And THERE is it! You don't play with subtitles, do you? A scene was indeed playing out down there, you just had to wait for it. The Ceremony that skip was INTENDED for occurs at the tail end of the submission questline.

You jumped from the end of act 1 directly to the end of act 3 on a scripting level, without doing anything inbetween. There is no question as to why your game's gone berserk.

As you stated, you've overwritten all saves prior to using setstage, so you can even just go back and be patient this time. I don't want to have to tell you to start a brand-new game, but...

• 1 month later...

I'm a bit stuck, and was hoping someone could help me. I'm up to the part of "Inquiry" where I gave Susanna the note and have to wait for her to talk to various guests at the brothel. How do I progress this part? The quest log says not to sleep or wait, and I ran around Innsmouth for almost five hours IGT with nothing happening.

Edit - and less then a minute later the quest auto-updated so I guess that's all I had to do - keep waiting.

Edited by Chazman89
Correction
  • 5 months later...

I'm on the part of sacrificing the thalmor agent but mar-something name doesnt do anything in the altar, the slave and mar is there standing and doing nothing, I'm standing there too still nothing...I got the aftd and ftd patch, do i need a older save? HELP T_T

Edited by KikuKerberus
48 minutes ago, KikuKerberus said:

I'm on the part of sacrificing the thalmor agent but mar-something name doesnt do anything in the altar, the slave and mar is there standing and doing nothing, I'm standing there too still nothing...I got the aftd and ftd patch, do i need a older save? HELP T_T

It is recommended to run the Package Patch as that rolls back to the previous build, though I still don't know why it helps.

aFTD Package Patch.rar

On 7/21/2022 at 5:07 PM, Fasterflight225 said:

I assume you stepped on the altar when directed? Just setstage forward a step.

Edit :  I used “setstage insmouth 120” to advance now it's working. Are there any other quest after “the one who never sleeps”? I'm done on the quest, anything else to do?

Edited by KikuKerberus
7 hours ago, KikuKerberus said:

Edit :  I used “setstage insmouth 120” to advance now it's working. Are there any other quest after “the one who never sleeps”? I'm done on the quest, anything else to do?

Nah, you're done. There's a book in the abandoned, broken-down house on the west side of insmouth that can take you to Ryleth if you want to play around there.

You can also sacrifice followers, mind-controlled bandits, and gold to the High Priestess there for ...Dagon's blessing? Was that what he was called? The one in the main chamber, not the one in the breeding chamber.

You are also supposed to be able to talk to the Priestess in the temple to replay a short and dirty version of the Dream sequence with a Seeker, but if you aren't running the latest version or the Radiant Cultist patch, Pain.

Actually, Pain anyway, you have to use the console to reset the quest to 0 AND increase your relationship with the cult to 1 which doesn't happen in normal gameplay.

...Basically, Insmouth and Ryleth are now open to you to play in as you'd like. The mod is over, so you're allowed to do what you want with it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I think I sequence broke the questline, I had just gotten to insmouth, found the drunk guy who directed me to Susana, she led me to her house, talked to her, then I got notified that I sensed something else in the house. It was invisible, but I could see it well enough to one-shot kill it with my overpowered character. When I did, it started a quest called 'Revenge,' which was confusing because I didn't have anything to get revenge for. Not sure why killing a lurker started that quest. I tried following the quest I thought I was supposed to have, but different scenes kept triggering when I walked into the temple, so I gave up.

2 hours ago, Abaddons_Corruption said:

I think I sequence broke the questline, I had just gotten to insmouth, found the drunk guy who directed me to Susana, she led me to her house, talked to her, then I got notified that I sensed something else in the house. It was invisible, but I could see it well enough to one-shot kill it with my overpowered character. When I did, it started a quest called 'Revenge,' which was confusing because I didn't have anything to get revenge for. Not sure why killing a lurker started that quest. I tried following the quest I thought I was supposed to have, but different scenes kept triggering when I walked into the temple, so I gave up.

That's a pretty bad sequence break, not going to lie. Not sure how that happened either, but reload a save and don't just merk invisible people who stand there watching you.