About a From the Deeps redone...

The current version could be better, specially if it more fit a call of cthulhu like story.

There's my notes...

My idea is to make a story like Thief

Player will need to collect hints, make choices.... and it will lead to several ends.

In this mod, player will meet some npcs eager to help him (the investigators) and foes (specially the cultists).

Chapter 1 : player will inquiry about the case of 4- 5 people who disappeated (all in coastal locations : Solitude, Dawnstar, Winterhold, Windhlem), and will need to find common points. It should lead to the discovering of some cults activities in the coastal regions.

Maybe I could place a scene like the one if the call of cthulhu, where Inspector Legrasse and his policemen attacks a cult of Cthulhu.

In the mod, player will need to join an investigator (Penitus Occulatus ? Vigilant of Stendarr ?) to inquiry about a supposed daedric cult.

It could be good to have several ways to enter (attacking them, maybe offer sex to the guard to let you enter, etc...)

The answers you will get from this chapter should drive the player to a ship who accosted to the village of Insmouth (could be renamed)

Chapter 2 : Player will need to enter in Insmouth (I'll plan to move it closer to solitude, or maybe on a Island, in the north).

So, player will need to find a cover, and keep it. I propose two covers : merchant, ot prostitute.

For example, if you choose prostitute, you'll be affected to the local Inn, and work for the clients.

Insmouth people don't like strangers. For example, before entering the village (closed by walls and gates), player will need to comply to the guards orders.

If player is prostitute, they will exige something... say is suspect.

In any case, you'll need to reserve a room in the local hostel/inn.

A new metric, suspiscion, will be added : you'll need to keep it lower as possible.

In Innsmouth, player will need to gather informations, whithout being detected.

In Insmouth, two investigators are available : Susanna and Zadok.

When player will be detected (if you fail a inquiry, or if you discover the temple and have the dream), a quest will play, where the mob and lurkers hybrids (lurkers based on werewolf skeleton, thx to vicn creature pack) will hunt the player. You'll need to run away the village.

Of course, it's a major turning point : being discovered before finding the temple means you can't stop Mankara before her ritual.

I need also to find a way to make the locals strange... a bit more lurker like.

- Next chapters... I have no real plan.

After, you'll need to gather informations about the cult, outside Innsmouth. Maybe find a way to go back in the city, and find the temple.

Or find a way to explore your dreams.

- The finale :

A scene like the one if the Call of Cthulhu game.

According to the choices of the player, you'll will face different outcomes.

- being sacrificed (the bad end).

- ally with Mankara and invoke the Ancient (Dagon the giant Lurker). It will place respawnable lurkers on skyrim coastal regions, and the coastal cities will show some sign of the cult activities.

- counter Mankara, but too late : it will be a hard fight.

- counter Mankara before the ritual, the best (and most difficult to obtain) ending.

The main foe is Mankara. With her sisters, she's a priest of Dagon, a great ancient, and want to invoke her god.

You'll have occasions to meet and defeat the priestess. They are all very potent. Each defeated priestess will slow down Mankara.

Because Lovecraft turns around sanity, I wish to include that. Certain situations and face the creatures (lurkers and lurker hybrids mostly) will drop player sanity. It will cause some side effects, like troubles of vision, some ghosts creature spawning around (hallucination), etc.... It can be recovered by staying nearby a ligh source of in a safe interior for a time.

All the interiors where are the investigators are considered safe, it's impotrant to know them.

Of course, it's a sexlab mod, so it mean sex scenes... but it must serve the story. Again, thief is my model here.

There is three possibilités for Innsmouth location : where it is now, nearby Solitude, (there is a space on the coast, not used by lot of mods), and of course, on an island far away...

The others sources of inspiration ? could be the Mansion of Madness (Vanderbilt mansion), Horror at arkham (miskatonic university, the lodge of silver twilight...)

Maybe I should to like Thief, and mesure player sexual experiences... for example, it will allow or not some options (cover as prostitute instead of merchant, be able to join the cult or not (joining the cult implies a sexual ritual with lurkers ! after all, the deeps one are here to reproduce with the humans).

56 minutes ago, Delzaron said:

The current version could be better, specially if it more fit a call of cthulhu like story.

There's my notes...

Player will need to collect hints, make choices.... and it will lead to several ends.

In this mod, player will meet some npcs eager to help him (the investigators) and foes (specially the cultists).

Chapter 1 : player will inquiry about the case of 4- 5 people who disappeated (all in coastal locations : Solitude, Dawnstar, Winterhold, Windhlem), and will need to find common points. It should lead to the discovering of some cults activities in the coastal regions.

Maybe I could place a scene like the one if the call of cthulhu, where Inspector Legrasse and his policemen attacks a cult of Cthulhu.

In the mod, player will need to join an investigator (Penitus Occulatus ? Vigilant of Stendarr ?) to inquiry about a supposed daedric cult.

It could be good to have several ways to enter (attacking them, maybe offer sex to the guard to let you enter, etc...)

The answers you will get from this chapter should drive the player to a ship who accosted to the village of Insmouth (could be renamed)

Chapter 2 : Player will need to enter in Insmouth (I'll plan to move it closer to solitude, or maybe on a Island, in the north).

So, player will need to find a cover, and keep it. I propose two covers : merchant, ot prostitute.

For example, if you choose prostitute, you'll be affected to the local Inn, and work for the clients.

Insmouth people don't like strangers. For example, before entering the village (closed by walls and gates), player will need to comply to the guards orders.

A new metric, suspiscion, will be added : you'll need to keep it lower as possible.

When player will be detected (if you fail a inquiry, or if you discover the temple and have the dream), a quest will play, where the mob and lurkers hybrids (lurkers based on werewolf skeleton, thx to vicn creature pack) will hunt the player. You'll need to run away the village.

Of course, it's a major turning point : being discovered before finding the temple means you can't stop Mankara before her ritual.

After, you'll need to gather informations about the cult, outside Innsmouth. Maybe find a way to go back in the city, and find the temple.

- The finale :

- ally with Mankara and invoke the Ancient (Dagon the giant Lurker). It will place respawnable lurkers on skyrim coastal regions, and the coastal cities will show some sign of the cult activities.

- counter Mankara before the ritual, the best (and most difficult to obtain) ending.

The main foe is Mankara. With her sisters, she's a priest of Dagon, a great ancient, and want to invoke her god.

You'll have occasions to meet and defeat the priestess. They are all very potent. Each defeated priestess will slow down Mankara.

Because Lovecraft turns around sanity, I wish to include that. Certain situations and face the creatures (lurkers and lurker hybrids mostly) will drop player sanity. It will cause some side effects, like troubles of vision, some ghosts creature spawning around (hallucination), etc.... It can be recovered by staying nearby a ligh source of in a safe interior for a time.

All the interiors where are the investigators are considered safe, it's impotrant to know them.

Of course, it's a sexlab mod, so it mean sex scenes... but it must serve the story. Again, thief is my model here.

There is three possibilités for Innsmouth location : where it is now, nearby Solitude, (there is a space on the coast, not used by lot of mods), and of course, on an island far away...

The others sources of inspiration ? could be the Mansion of Madness (Vanderbilt mansion), Horror at arkham (miskatonic university, the lodge of silver twilight...)

Maybe I should to like Thief, and mesure player sexual experiences... for example, it will allow or not some options (cover as prostitute instead of merchant, be able to join the cult or not (joining the cult implies a sexual ritual with lurkers ! after all, the deeps one are here to reproduce with the humans).

All I have to say is have a route where you just... join the cult.

I get it, I understand, all that stuff is great and classic and fun, but we've seen all the stories you've said, very rarely do we get to see things from the other side. And we, as random nobodies who answer to no-one, CAN take close looks at things more official media dare not tread.

Detailed ramblings of a script below, it'd be a waste to toss it now.

Spoiler

Get scouted and recruited, no hostile intent or fighting them, they just go 'this person would be useful' and recruit you similar to the fetch-quest fuckery part... 3? In the current mod? Maybe as an alternative to the usual, when the investigators ask to work with you, you can tell them no, and then the cult comes going 'hey... fuck those guys, right?'

It could be fun. They'd try and keep you in the dark about being a lovecraftian sex cult and introduce it slowly. Here, go clean this room with someone who wants to fuck you for fun, are you down for casual sex? Okay, they want to bring friends, are you okay with swinging? Now an orgy, you in? Slow corruption of the player... which can be allowed to go fast because we're perverts who installed a lovecraft sex mod, but not flip-a-switch fast, that's not canon in-universe, our character would just a pervert, not insane (yet).

That three-step ritual on the submit path? First one is submitted as kinky fun in the middle of a party, now you're hearing whispers. The people around you aren't concerned, assure you not to worry about it, offer to take your mind off of it with a little fun...

About now, the other quest should butt-in. 'Hello, I'm an investigator, have you seen any suspiciously sexy nonsense happening around here?'  You can then just slide back into the main route, already having access to the cult and being undercover, but telling them to piss off gets you points with the cult, ratting on them gets them in 'trouble...'

'Okay, you've proven yourself... here's a Lurker, this is what we're about. It's fine, you can stay in the lower ranks and never have to see this again, but if you're down...'

Now you're hearing voices, having dreams, and seeing things... sexy tentacle things. It's fine, it's cool, they're not harmful to you and you know it. Now there are Lurkers in the sex parties, no-one minds, they're fun. People are getting pregnant with monster babies as quickly as possible. Milk people like cows and serve their milk to twisted spawn. You're not taking part yet, they're just seeing how you react to the more extreme end... though you can jump in if you want, you could be insane now. When you're proper in, then the third ritual, off to Ryleth with you. Now you get fucked proper, used abused and all that jazz, until you're plucked out of the pile and made into a Priestess. NOW the boring shit, the actual footwork, because with power comes responsibility, though still with fun elements your position grants you, taking breaks to go drown yourself in whatever caught your fancy before or use lower-ranked cultists for funzies. Only then the final ritual, NPC investigators come to fuck with you, fight, win, summon the dark god, take over the town, hookers and blow for everyone.

...There should still be fun things to do after victory, though. Small sidequests, radiant things, watch over the breeding pits for a day or join in for a week, it shouldn't be emptied out.

2 hours ago, Fasterflight225 said:

All I have to say is have a route where you just... join the cult.

I get it, I understand, all that stuff is great and classic and fun, but we've seen all the stories you've said, very rarely do we get to see things from the other side. And we, as random nobodies who answer to no-one, CAN take close looks at things more official media dare not tread.

Detailed ramblings of a script below, it'd be a waste to toss it now.

Hide contents

Get scouted and recruited, no hostile intent or fighting them, they just go 'this person would be useful' and recruit you similar to the fetch-quest fuckery part... 3? In the current mod? Maybe as an alternative to the usual, when the investigators ask to work with you, you can tell them no, and then the cult comes going 'hey... fuck those guys, right?'

It could be fun. They'd try and keep you in the dark about being a lovecraftian sex cult and introduce it slowly. Here, go clean this room with someone who wants to fuck you for fun, are you down for casual sex? Okay, they want to bring friends, are you okay with swinging? Now an orgy, you in? Slow corruption of the player... which can be allowed to go fast because we're perverts who installed a lovecraft sex mod, but not flip-a-switch fast, that's not canon in-universe, our character would just a pervert, not insane (yet).

That three-step ritual on the submit path? First one is submitted as kinky fun in the middle of a party, now you're hearing whispers. The people around you aren't concerned, assure you not to worry about it, offer to take your mind off of it with a little fun...

About now, the other quest should butt-in. 'Hello, I'm an investigator, have you seen any suspiciously sexy nonsense happening around here?'  You can then just slide back into the main route, already having access to the cult and being undercover, but telling them to piss off gets you points with the cult, ratting on them gets them in 'trouble...'

'Okay, you've proven yourself... here's a Lurker, this is what we're about. It's fine, you can stay in the lower ranks and never have to see this again, but if you're down...'

Now you're hearing voices, having dreams, and seeing things... sexy tentacle things. It's fine, it's cool, they're not harmful to you and you know it. Now there are Lurkers in the sex parties, no-one minds, they're fun. People are getting pregnant with monster babies as quickly as possible. Milk people like cows and serve their milk to twisted spawn. You're not taking part yet, they're just seeing how you react to the more extreme end... though you can jump in if you want, you could be insane now. When you're proper in, then the third ritual, off to Ryleth with you. Now you get fucked proper, used abused and all that jazz, until you're plucked out of the pile and made into a Priestess. NOW the boring shit, the actual footwork, because with power comes responsibility, though still with fun elements your position grants you, taking breaks to go drown yourself in whatever caught your fancy before or use lower-ranked cultists for funzies. Only then the final ritual, NPC investigators come to fuck with you, fight, win, summon the dark god, take over the town, hookers and blow for everyone.

...There should still be fun things to do after victory, though. Small sidequests, radiant things, watch over the breeding pits for a day or join in for a week, it shouldn't be emptied out.

Maybe like actual FTD, the two paths should remains : fight the cult, or join it.

Maybe during the chapter 1... when you'll meet a priestess for the first time.

8 hours ago, Delzaron said:

There's my notes...

- The finale :

More mods like Thief are always appreciated--The weirdest thing about Thief (and a few other quest mods like Dark Investigations and Get Stripped) is that they don't use SexLab at all, so there's more opportunities to work in more story-driven aspects, such as dialogue during sex scenes, and being able to choose specific animations based on specific variables, like if the Player is corrupted or not. 

15 hours ago, Delzaron said:

The current version could be better, specially if it more fit a call of cthulhu like story...

@Delzaron This is one of my favorite modules from the most interesting, in my opinion, quest mod maker, and I love the idea of a redo. ?

Some of my own thoughts and suggestions for you to consider, amidst all the other opinions being expressed ?

• a more widespread and detailed investigation, starting outside Innsmouth as you encounter cultists, and then working back towards their base, following clues, would be fun. Even if you wanted to join the cult it should still be a journey
  • having cults in coastal towns - Solitude, Dawnstar, Winterhold, and Windhelm - which start off small, and then can grow would be good, both for good and evil characters to destroy/assist. Sort of a Slaverun dynamic?
  • allowing you to go undercover using different disguises like merchant, whore, guard, prospective cultist, in different places would allow for some fun dialogs and some replay as you try different approaches
  • your description of Innsmouth seems right. The idea of 'trust' via  points system, based on the clues you've been able to gather previously and then your actions in town would be really good. Doing sexual/brutal/nasty things to gain trust would test the character's morality/sanity
  • Moving Innsmouth seems fine. The goal should be that it appears as a normal town from the outside.
  • You would even be able to visit it, stay in the inn, have a drink in the tavern, sleep there (albeit with a trippy dream) and then leave to do something else. The difference is that it holds a nasty secret.
  • The ceremony could be a lot more interesting and complex, especially if the character is taking part, as either a victim, an undercover 'good' participant, or a bad, prospective member participant. Having those other NPC victims in the original ceremony was a bit of a distraction. They could be captives that need to be rescued etc but the character should be the focus of any ceremony, big or small, in whatever role they play
  • I was a little disappointed by the original altar scene from the original because nothing much happened up to the point where the character was discovered, although the abduction back to their plane to be impregnated after that was fun.
  • Please have an altar for the character, even for the lurker sex. Who doesn't like to be tied down for a bit, even for their own good ?
  • I'm not a fan of death 'bad ends' because it takes control away from the player. Maybe you'd do it as a one-off just to see what the mod does but then you go back to a save and play a different path anyway so it feels like effort by the mod maker for little gain, except as some form of artistic expression. The bad end you had originally that led to your impregnation feels better.
  • More Dunwich Horror than CoC? Impregnation by an Old One in the big ceremony, rather than the lurker stuff you might have to do earlier, leads to a quest chain as a female character becomes aware of what is growing within them and a quest line to stop the birth taking place, or a questline to fix things once a birth has taken place and an avatar of an Old One has entered the world - boss fight. In your original plot, it was sex-drop eggs-all over, in a short period of time. Stretch it out a bit.
  • I like the idea of sanity and some consequences from that until your recover. Yes they are hallucinations but still things to experience - sex/combat

Anyway, just my random thoughts.

14 hours ago, shinji72 said:

The "suspicion meter" is a great idea. Really would love it. 

Yep. It will make Life in Insmouth better,za ccording to the suspicious attitude of the locals.

I'm thinking to let Insmoyth where it is... after all, in this region, there is just nothing.

12 hours ago, theliddtin said:

More mods like Thief are always appreciated--The weirdest thing about Thief (and a few other quest mods like Dark Investigations and Get Stripped) is that they don't use SexLab at all, so there's more opportunities to work in more story-driven aspects, such as dialogue during sex scenes, and being able to choose specific animations based on specific variables, like if the Player is corrupted or not. 

FTD will continue to use sexlab

I do'nt kow how to use dialogues in sex scenes...

21 hours ago, Delzaron said:

There's my notes...

Even though I have to admit that I neither played your mod, as I sadly just couldn't get it to run properly, nor read any Lovecraft books, the general style now is common in horror and I had a basic idea for a quest similar to From The Deeps:

The main difference seems to be, that you heavily rely on Lovecraftian assets while my idea ties in more into the Elder Scrolls lore.

Still, maybe some aspects could be adapted, I thought ;) 

As you don't really have a plan for the next chapters: the basic idea of infiltration could be something. Try to gather evidence for the cult's activities, earn their trust to be able to fetch more and find the right moment to destroy it without risking you own life (too much).

5 hours ago, jg8ts said:

@Delzaron This is one of my favorite modules from the most interesting, in my opinion, quest mod maker, and I love the idea of a redo. ?

Some of my own thoughts and suggestions for you to consider, amidst all the other opinions being expressed ?

• a more widespread and detailed investigation, starting outside Innsmouth as you encounter cultists, and then working back towards their base, following clues, would be fun. Even if you wanted to join the cult it should still be a journey
  • having cults in coastal towns - Solitude, Dawnstar, Winterhold, and Windhelm - which start off small, and then can grow would be good, both for good and evil characters to destroy/assist. Sort of a Slaverun dynamic?
  • allowing you to go undercover using different disguises like merchant, whore, guard, prospective cultist, in different places would allow for some fun dialogs and some replay as you try different approaches
  • your description of Innsmouth seems right. The idea of 'trust' via  points system, based on the clues you've been able to gather previously and then your actions in town would be really good. Doing sexual/brutal/nasty things to gain trust would test the character's morality/sanity
  • Moving Innsmouth seems fine. The goal should be that it appears as a normal town from the outside.
  • You would even be able to visit it, stay in the inn, have a drink in the tavern, sleep there (albeit with a trippy dream) and then leave to do something else. The difference is that it holds a nasty secret.
  • The ceremony could be a lot more interesting and complex, especially if the character is taking part, as either a victim, an undercover 'good' participant, or a bad, prospective member participant. Having those other NPC victims in the original ceremony was a bit of a distraction. They could be captives that need to be rescued etc but the character should be the focus of any ceremony, big or small, in whatever role they play
  • I was a little disappointed by the original altar scene from the original because nothing much happened up to the point where the character was discovered, although the abduction back to their plane to be impregnated after that was fun.
  • Please have an altar for the character, even for the lurker sex. Who doesn't like to be tied down for a bit, even for their own good ?
  • I'm not a fan of death 'bad ends' because it takes control away from the player. Maybe you'd do it as a one-off just to see what the mod does but then you go back to a save and play a different path anyway so it feels like effort by the mod maker for little gain, except as some form of artistic expression. The bad end you had originally that led to your impregnation feels better.
  • More Dunwich Horror than CoC? Impregnation by an Old One in the big ceremony, rather than the lurker stuff you might have to do earlier, leads to a quest chain as a female character becomes aware of what is growing within them and a quest line to stop the birth taking place, or a questline to fix things once a birth has taken place and an avatar of an Old One has entered the world - boss fight. In your original plot, it was sex-drop eggs-all over, in a short period of time. Stretch it out a bit.
  • I like the idea of sanity and some consequences from that until your recover. Yes they are hallucinations but still things to experience - sex/combat

Anyway, just my random thoughts.

Let's discuss about this.

1 : yep, it's the idea. The chapter 1 will be outside Insmouth stricly.

I'm think about 4 cases :

- a woman from Solitude, working for the Imperial company. You'll need to follow the trail of some pirates... it will lead to a bandit cave, and a note from a slaver.

- a woman in dawnstar. it will lead to a riekling cave. In this space, you'll need to find a way to get information from these nasty snow goblins. The best place to raise your perversion.

- a mage from Winterhold... it will lead to some book.

- a fisher woman from Windhelm.

You'll meet the first investigator : a stendarr vigilant. You'll speak about one of his previous experience with a cult repression.

All these trails will lead you to an harbor called Insmouth.

2 : yep, it's the idea. There will be very little at the begnning. And very difficult to find.

- the Lodge of Silver Twiligh in Solitude. A group of hedonist nobles and mages, seeking secrets and power through the cult of the great ones. Entry is hidden, and you can be accepted only if you are recommanded... and can pay the entry fee.

- a basic cult in a cave nearby Dawnstar...

- few mages interested by knowledge in Winterhold.

- some pirates, bandits, and sailors in solitude and Windhelm.

Player will need to interect with them to gather information. You'll need to destroy or help them during the story, according to your side.

For example, destroying the Silver Twilight could be done by infiltrating them as potential cultist, and sabotage the ritual to invoke a Shoggoth, and gather all you can and run before the monster get you too... and of course you'll need to find a way to bannish it.

3 : It's the idea.

In Inmouth, the covers will be merchant (by default), and prostitute (if player is perverted enough). No cultists, there is officialy no cultists in Innsmouth. Everybody know... and know nothing.

For the cults, you could approach them as prospective cultist for example.

4 : Yep, I really wish to use a trust system. innsmouth people are very cautious towards strangers, you'll need to be carrefull when you'll ask for informations.

For making it more like a lore city, Insmouth guards will use the holds uniforms, only the shield will change (a fish or a fish head).

The economy of the city is simple : officialy fishery and merchandises, it's also add slavers and bandits.

There are two kind of people who live in Insmouth ; people who born at insmouth, or people who went in insmouth to hide.

At the entry, player will not be allowed to keep weapon and gear (by the way, wearing weapons to go to insmouth is suspicious). Like Thief in chapter 4, player will have to interect with a guard who will strip player, and give her the things she needs... and he'll ask for more.

5: ok, but again, you'll need to interect with the guards. As a stranger, you're not allowed to enter and exit freely.

6 : I agree. Three ways should be possible : the sneaking entry (the current one), infiltrate with a cultist outfit you'll stole, or being initiated.

It will depend of your choices during chapter 1 and chapter 2.

7 : I'll keep that dream, but you'll have the choice to awake or have sex with the lurker (second option will raise corruption and perversion, of course).

It will be important for being able to follow the cultist path.

8 : I don't understand...

9 : the bad end of FTD is nice, yep... being trapped forever and breed...

11 : More dagon, you means. The lurkers are the servants of Cthulhu, and came to reproduce with humans. It's why the cult capture females.

I plan, as the cultist path turning point, to make player face the breeding priestess, and have a choice to make as act of faith. Being ilmpregnated by a lurker, and give birth to the baby.

Abort it will definitly side the player against the cult. Giving bith will definitly side the player with the cult, and will lead to the priestess path.

For the paths...

You'll need to choose a side at chapter 3.

For gather informations about Mankara and Dagon, you'll need to find sources... best sources are the other cultists.

The more compliant you are with them and what they request, the more you'll fall in the cultist path.

Chapter 4 is the finale;

Investigator path :

- being a failure, and being sacrificed (bad end).

- fail to sop Mankara on time

- defeat Mankara during the ritual

- defeat Mankara before the ritual.

Cultist end is more cruel :

- stay a basis cultist, and be sacrificed fort he ritual

- become a priestess, and perform the ritual yourself !

Returnint to Inssmouth is posble only if you didn't mess wkth trust in chapter 2.

You'll be able to make some business here, including selling npcs slaves to the local Slaver.

I'll disperse the 4 priestess. Mankara will start at Insmouth, the one in the ship will mode to a pirate ship in water. The two others remains in Ryelh and can be accesible by dreams.

Only at the end, they'll gather for the final ritual.

1 hour ago, Mister X said:

As you don't really have a plan for the next chapters: the basic idea of infiltration could be something. Try to gather evidence for the cult's activities, earn their trust to be able to fetch more and find the right moment to destroy it without risking you own life (too much).

Yep, that's the idea for chapter 3. Even by participitating to their rituals, which can be... strange.

Lovecraft, yes I love it. But as you know, Herma Mora is a kind of mix between Cthulhu, Nyarlahotep, and Yog Sothoth.

In my mod, I use Dagon. Consider it as a very potent champion of Herma Mora. It's a giant Lurker.

The rest of the mod will use apocrypha assets, except few things like these... (it will be the fragments books pages, for immersion).

I have a question :

If i wish to init the player perversion (aka sexual experience of the player), how I could do ?

For example, I know sexlab count the player sex scenes.

I thought I could use that to "init' the player perversion, like :

baseperversion = sexlab_experience.getvalue()

aftd_perversion += baseperversion

I writen the 1st side quest of the chapter 1, the one in solitude.

Edited by Delzaron
10 hours ago, Delzaron said:

I have a question :

If i wish to init the player perversion (aka sexual experience of the player), how I could do ?

For example, I know sexlab count the player sex scenes.

I thought I could use that to "init' the player perversion, like :

baseperversion = sexlab_experience.getvalue()

aftd_perversion += baseperversion

I writen the 1st side quest of the chapter 1, the one in solitude.

How about using Sexlab's own lewdness stat? I've found those functions in SexLabFramework.psc:

Spoiler
;/* GetSkill
* * Returns the actual value of the specified skill for the specified actor
* * @param: Actor ActorRef, is the actor for whom get the skill value
* * @param: string Skill, is the skill to get (standard skills are: Foreplay, Vaginal, Anal, Oral, Pure, and Lewd)
* * @return: an int with the raw value of the skill for the actor
*/;
int function GetSkill(Actor ActorRef, string Skill)
	return Stats.GetSkill(ActorRef, Skill)
endFunction

;/* GetSkillLevel
* * Returns the calculated level value of the specified skill for the specified actor
* * @param: Actor ActorRef, is the actor for whom get the skill level
* * @param: string Skill, is the skill to get (standard skills are: Foreplay, Vaginal, Anal, Oral, Pure, and Lewd)
* * @return: an int with the calculate level of the skill for the actor
*/;
int function GetSkillLevel(Actor ActorRef, string Skill)
	return Stats.GetSkillLevel(ActorRef, Skill)
endFunction

;/* IsLewd
* * Checks if an actor is lewd or not
* * @param: Actor ActorRef, is the actor to check
* * @return: true if the actor is lewd
*/;
bool function IsLewd(Actor ActorRef)
	return Stats.IsLewd(ActorRef)
endFunction

;/* AdjustPlayerPurity
* * Changes the stats for the p for "Pure" and "lewd". If the "amount" is positive then the "Pure" stat is increased. If the "amount" is negative, then the "lewd" stat is increased.
* * This function is a Player shortcut
* * @param: float amount, is the amount that will be added to "Pure" (if amount is positive), or "Lewd" (if amount is negative) stats.
* * @return: the resulting value of the stat
*/;
float function AdjustPlayerPurity(float amount)
	return Stats.AdjustPurity(PlayerRef, amount)
endFunction

Just use "Lewd" as string skill value.

Another thing could be, to look into the Stat functions of Sexlab, there's the possibility to define and track your own stats. Maybe that's helpful for your suspicion and the perversion stats?

13 minutes ago, Mister X said:

How about using Sexlab's own lewdness stat? I've found those functions in SexLabFramework.psc:

Hide contents
;/* GetSkill
* * Returns the actual value of the specified skill for the specified actor
* * @param: Actor ActorRef, is the actor for whom get the skill value
* * @return: an int with the raw value of the skill for the actor
*/;
int function GetSkill(Actor ActorRef, string Skill)
	return Stats.GetSkill(ActorRef, Skill)
endFunction

;/* GetSkillLevel
* * Returns the calculated level value of the specified skill for the specified actor
* * @param: Actor ActorRef, is the actor for whom get the skill level
* * @return: an int with the calculate level of the skill for the actor
*/;
int function GetSkillLevel(Actor ActorRef, string Skill)
	return Stats.GetSkillLevel(ActorRef, Skill)
endFunction

;/* IsLewd
* * Checks if an actor is lewd or not
* * @param: Actor ActorRef, is the actor to check
* * @return: true if the actor is lewd
*/;
bool function IsLewd(Actor ActorRef)
	return Stats.IsLewd(ActorRef)
endFunction

;/* AdjustPlayerPurity
* * Changes the stats for the p for "Pure" and "lewd". If the "amount" is positive then the "Pure" stat is increased. If the "amount" is negative, then the "lewd" stat is increased.
* * This function is a Player shortcut
* * @param: float amount, is the amount that will be added to "Pure" (if amount is positive), or "Lewd" (if amount is negative) stats.
* * @return: the resulting value of the stat
*/;
float function AdjustPlayerPurity(float amount)
	return Stats.AdjustPurity(PlayerRef, amount)
endFunction

Just use "Lewd" as string skill value.

Another thing could be, to look into the Stat functions of Sexlab, there's the possibility to define and track your own stats. Maybe that's helpful for your suspicion and the perversion stats?

It"s more complicated than that.

sexlab player experience is stored in sslactorstats script, but there is no int callable.

On 1/5/2023 at 8:51 PM, shinji72 said:

The "suspicion meter" is a great idea. Really would love it. 

I hope you'll update your video once the redone will be complete.

For now I'm writing the chapter 1.

Maybe there is something which can be interesting. The vigilant tell you a story, and, instrad just listening it, force first person, and you'll be bring in that location, with his colleagues... a kind of live action.

for now I'm writing the chapter 1...

I redacted the dawnstar quest.

First quest where you're choices are conditionned (you need a minimal perversion to perform the sexual acts) and reward player with different amount of hints.

I put back on table the idea to integrate sexlab player experience as a base for the perversion stat in FTD...

I just need to figure how.

For the other cases... I hesitate...

I have two ideas : separate cases, or mixed...

Separated :

- winterhold : a mage girl, a cave full of rieklings, and a ancient piece of manuscrit, unreadable... on menu : rieklings.

- windhelm : a dark elf prostitute who usually work with sailors, and disappeared. I planned some stuff with the gray quarter, a hidden skooma den...

Mixed :

- the windhelm quest will be very short, and after shaking the good persons, it will lead to Winterhold. The prostitute was hired by a mage.

- you'll learn the mage found a strange manuscrit, which could be written in old falmer. The mage will discover the book where found in a cave, today occupied by rieklings tribe.

The mage hired the prostitute to "convince" the rieklings to say what they say and let the mage study the place.

Player will also need to convince the rieklings (it will be perversion dependant of course... if you don''t reach the conditions, you'll be able to pay by gold or a service, like killing a frost giant....). Of course, the more you convince the rieklings, the more they'll help you. They say you one night they were attacked by creatures like the one of the manuscrit, and they took the two girls away. You'll need to put the hand on the manuscrit...

It's here the mixed can be interested : if you begin by the winterhold first, you'll never heard about the prostitute, and need to deal with the rieklings yourself.

If you beginned with Windhelm, you'll have the option to hire a prostitute to help you on this quest (of course not Susanna, she's not reachable at this point). It will be helpful to deal with the rieklings without having the requiring perversion (and your perversion will raise by watching your employee at work !)

After that, you'll completed all the cases. So you will report to the vigilant, and the next part will follow.

- study the manuscrit (if you recovered it)

- study the figurine (if you recovered it)

- study the name "Artharak" (it's the hint you collected in Solitude case).

It will lead to the story where the vigilant will talk about a cult repression, and maybe it's related... you'll need to figure it (an occasion to get some hints, and begin to raise corruption)

So, the part one will provide different amount of hints, depending of your choices... and will also raise your perversion, depending on your choices.

All of this should lead to the next part : Insmouth. The ability to go cover as prostitute will be perversion dependant.

2 hours ago, Delzaron said:

All of this should lead to the next part : Insmouth. The ability to go cover as prostitute will be perversion dependant.

@Delzaron I get that having a high perversion for the character will make it easier to deal with the nasty cult stuff in a way that is trustworthy to the cult. No hesitation. They just do everything asked of them and enjoy it. Especially good for characters who might want to join the cult.

But have you considered allowing a character with what is effectively a high willpower/morality (not perverted) choosing to go undercover as a prostitute as well, and having to deal with the sex and perversion as they encounter it, but at the risk of appearing untrustworthy? i.e. the dialog options they have available include hesitation/uncertainty when confronted with some requests. Maybe they need to be asked twice, which then increases distrust?

On the trust mechanism, will the character be aware of decreasing trust in an immersive way, such as being notified that NPCs in Innsmouth now look at you suspiciously, etc, rather than having some visible score?

• 2 weeks later...

D

On 1/13/2023 at 2:05 AM, jg8ts said:

@Delzaron I get that having a high perversion for the character will make it easier to deal with the nasty cult stuff in a way that is trustworthy to the cult. No hesitation. They just do everything asked of them and enjoy it. Especially good for characters who might want to join the cult.

But have you considered allowing a character with what is effectively a high willpower/morality (not perverted) choosing to go undercover as a prostitute as well, and having to deal with the sex and perversion as they encounter it, but at the risk of appearing untrustworthy? i.e. the dialog options they have available include hesitation/uncertainty when confronted with some requests. Maybe they need to be asked twice, which then increases distrust?

On the trust mechanism, will the character be aware of decreasing trust in an immersive way, such as being notified that NPCs in Innsmouth now look at you suspiciously, etc, rather than having some visible score?

I hope to be able to do a MCM... and I planned to use a debug.notification when trust goes down or up.

I could do also it thought dialogues... it will just need more work.

For now, I'm finishing the chapter 1. The four cases are done.

I need to make the final quest for making links with all the clues you got, and send the playet to insmouth.

Two questions :

- it is possible toc reate some necromincon look like pages by dall e or any other neural network ? I tried with dall e, but I can't connect.

My idea is too generates pics like these.

- About Insmouth placement, what could be the best option ?

30fbfacb9e03371d737299cdd294eb24.jpg

cda261f296f28f4015b20e88d86b3fa8.jpg

EttsvNBUUAM54HP.jpg

il_570xN.1135812694_ix5e.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

SacrificePic.dds

I need help.

I can't load what I done for FTD in skyrim...

so, I passed it in tescedit...

and now I can't load it either in CK !

Can somebody can look inside and see what is going on ?

I don't want to waste 2 weeks of work.

ZaFromTheDeepsV2.esp

Edit : ok, i got a working back up... only today work is gone. the back up fil work on CK at least.

I don't know why I got that bug...

Edited by Delzaron

Regarding your CK problem, that most often happens to me because I've installed custom tintmask in my texture folder (frequently added by a make up pack for Racemenu).  Rename that tintmask folder or move it temporarily and the brown / red forehead problem should go away.

On 1/5/2023 at 7:56 AM, Delzaron said:

Player will need to enter in Insmouth (I'll plan to move it closer to solitude, or maybe on a Island, in the north).

I'm really hating my recent computer glitch.  One of the files I lost was a project I'd been working on in my spare time as a surprise for you.  I was rebuilding your town on an island in its own world space.   But the glitch wiped out the whole thing. ?

11 hours ago, Delzaron said:

About Insmouth placement, what could be the best option ?

My vote is in its own world space on an island.  That gives you complete control over the location, you could even turn off dragon attacks to avoid that interfering.  No worries with conflicts with other mods that way.  Then just link getting there with a ship you place in a harbor somewhere, which you can also enable / disable and otherwise restrict as you see fit.  That keeps players from "discovering" the town accidentally before you want them to as well.

Q:  Will there be an option to play as a male character, and possibly use a female follower as a surrogate for the sex / corruption stuff?