- chests are here for facilitate testers life. I will remove it when the mod will be stable. I add some scrolls in AFSCheatchest. I will see the problem by myself.

I think we have a slight problem here.

I'm not talking about the clearly labeled cheat chests.

Chest in the tent across the marses chief.

attachicon.gif2015-03-01_00002.jpg

Contents of that chest.

attachicon.gif2015-03-01_00003.jpg

Content of a chest next tent.

attachicon.gif2015-03-01_00004.jpg

WTF ????

I test scrolls... yes, theu go in the shout location, but they works.

I don't understand why : my mod dont alter that....

Ok, i see : It;s some scripts in put in folders of my mod, but they are related to other mods which alter magic (Untamed and another mod like that). And they are not used in my mod, so...

And by the way I found some other weirdnesses.

For instance I run the english version of skyrim. With AFS installed and active the Riverwood trader is labeled 'Marché de Rivebois' i.e. the french label is used. When AFS is not active it is 'Riverwood Trader' as it should because of the game language.

One staff from the cheat chest (don't recall the name exactely but it had evil in its name) has the french description.

And by the way I found some other weirdnesses.

For instance I run the english version of skyrim. With AFS installed and active the Riverwood trader is labeled 'Marché de Rivebois' i.e. the french label is used. When AFS is not active it is 'Riverwood Trader' as it should because of the game language.

One staff from the cheat chest (don't recall the name exactely but it had evil in its name) has the french description.

I know. It's because I started this mod in french...

It will be fixed in the next version.

- Riverwood trader cleaned by TESCEDIT

- I will develop staffs.

I feveryone know how to set NPC as merchants...

guys can someone help me with the quest: A new shaman initiation last trail? it doesnt work for me first of i didnt even get the quest so i had to use the console to get it and then when i talked to thusnelda the quest wouldnt progress any further she would just have the same dialoge option again. i reallly like the mod idea but its very buggy for me atm

guys can someone help me with the quest: A new shaman initiation last trail? it doesnt work for me first of i didnt even get the quest so i had to use the console to get it and then when i talked to thusnelda the quest wouldnt progress any further she would just have the same dialoge option again. i reallly like the mod idea but its very buggy for me atm

Strange. This quest works with me...

Where you are stuck ?

- you choose to skip the quest (i already tried...) ?

- you choose the pet option (I had a pet before...) ?

- Thusnelda dialogues are locked by condionnals, relaesd to the previous quest.

- it's a WIP mod. Bugs are normal.

Strange. This quest works with me...

Where you are stuck ?

- you choose to skip the quest (i already tried...) ?

- you choose the pet option (I had a pet before...) ?

- Thusnelda dialogues are locked by condionnals, relaesd to the previous quest.

- it's a WIP mod. Bugs are normal.

yes i chose the i already tried option

when i have to go to her in the beginning of the quest.

no i chose i already tried bestiallity.

ok.

i know.

Need to test :

- Princess of wolves

I got to the part where you have to find the pack. I got there and then it said to speak to, I forget the name, four letters, anyway, the quest marker shows up on the wolf, but you can't speak to it.

Also, the part where you speak to Badycia about becoming a shaman. She says that you need to prove yourself or something like that and then the dialog does not continue.

In any case, keep going! I've always thought that the forsworn were pretty fertile ground for a mod like this one.

- Moro. I use large condtionnals... I will see. Maybe you miss the trigger. Do you spoken to Genserie before ?

Yes. She directed me to find the pack.

Need to test :

- Princess of wolves

I got to the part where you have to find the pack. I got there and then it said to speak to, I forget the name, four letters, anyway, the quest marker shows up on the wolf, but you can't speak to it.

Also, the part where you speak to Badycia about becoming a shaman. She says that you need to prove yourself or something like that and then the dialog does not continue.

In any case, keep going! I've always thought that the forsworn were pretty fertile ground for a mod like this one.

- Moro. I use large condtionnals... I will see. Maybe you miss the trigger. Do you spoken to Genserie before ?

Yes. She directed me to find the pack.

I test this quest. Except some quest scripts and Odoacre dialogue, everything works.

And I test Moro...

Ah, informatic development... all a story... Creating a Mod like Animal mansion or mine takes months of development...

- SHae problem noted.

- Why people try to use the stone ? It's broken ! Speak to Kat !

- You're teleported ousite, right ? Just follow the girl.

- Yeah, i know, Gleba want two 'ArmorGuardShieldMarkarth'. Very specific.... But if you are stuck, use the AFSCheatChest in a tent of the Forsworns outpost (Where is Gleba). You will find the two required shields inside.

- Curious... everytime i tried, you got the stage 70 and 80...

- Armin dont have dialogues for this quest. You need to end the scene to unlock Armin dialogues.

To clarify,

* I wasn't using the stone. She'd walk out of the cage, go to the chest, comment about the gear being in there, walk up the steps, comment about how we can't get out that way (through the door), wander over to the stone, say that she could get us out, and then the quest would complete. I spoke with her between the chest and that last line of dialogue and there was a dialogue option (I can't remember which one exactly) that I selected which teleported us outside.

* Once we got outside, she just sat in one place -- I couldn't follow her. That's when I manually advanced and ended up having to finish it. This could have been a result of me having to 'sequence break' the previous step haha.

* Good to knew re: the shields. :)

* As I said, it could be something gumming up my files and causing the script to fail to fire, since plenty of other people haven't had problems. If it all checks out on your end, I'll blame my game.

* The issue is the scene never started -- I got the blindfold dialogue, we got teleported, and Gleba just started walking down the hill. Even if I targeted him and did a moveto player, he'd just wander off again. I think I was in the step that has the "set stage to whatever by talking to Gleba near Armin" in the description.

Ah, informatic development... all a story... Creating a Mod like Animal mansion or mine takes months of development...

- SHae problem noted.

- Why people try to use the stone ? It's broken ! Speak to Kat !

- You're teleported ousite, right ? Just follow the girl.

- Yeah, i know, Gleba want two 'ArmorGuardShieldMarkarth'. Very specific.... But if you are stuck, use the AFSCheatChest in a tent of the Forsworns outpost (Where is Gleba). You will find the two required shields inside.

- Curious... everytime i tried, you got the stage 70 and 80...

- Armin dont have dialogues for this quest. You need to end the scene to unlock Armin dialogues.

To clarify,

* I wasn't using the stone. She'd walk out of the cage, go to the chest, comment about the gear being in there, walk up the steps, comment about how we can't get out that way (through the door), wander over to the stone, say that she could get us out, and then the quest would complete. I spoke with her between the chest and that last line of dialogue and there was a dialogue option (I can't remember which one exactly) that I selected which teleported us outside.

* Once we got outside, she just sat in one place -- I couldn't follow her. That's when I manually advanced and ended up having to finish it. This could have been a result of me having to 'sequence break' the previous step haha.

* Good to knew re: the shields. :)

* As I said, it could be something gumming up my files and causing the script to fail to fire, since plenty of other people haven't had problems. If it all checks out on your end, I'll blame my game.

* The issue is the scene never started -- I got the blindfold dialogue, we got teleported, and Gleba just started walking down the hill. Even if I targeted him and did a moveto player, he'd just wander off again. I think I was in the step that has the "set stage to whatever by talking to Gleba near Armin" in the description.

- you broke her scene playing by talking with her. That just this. You need the quest finish to speak again to Katalia.

- Of course ! She want to finish the scene, or she cant go back to the markerheading !

- Not possible. Just do nothing. The trigger will detect you, and ther scene will be played. Dont try to talk to the actors. I tested this quest 20 times, and except scene bug, it works very fine. Maybe you are playing too brutal than i expected.

- Gleba dialogue option is here if the trigger dont detect you (whoch never happened since i use SEQ file)

- you broke her scene playing by talking with her. That just this. You need the quest finish to speak again to Katalia.

- Of course ! She want to finish the scene, or she cant go back to the markerheading !

- Not possible. Just do nothing. The trigger will detect you, and ther scene will be played. Dont try to talk to the actors. I tested this quest 20 times, and except scene bug, it works very fine. Maybe you are playing too brutal than i expected.

- Gleba dialogue option is here if the trigger dont detect you (whoch never happened since i use SEQ file)

How is a player to know when it's okay to talk to an NPC w/out breaking something?

* If I don't talk to her, the quest ends, and I'm stuck in the cell (as reported by other people here).

* So it's a damned if I do, damned if I don't.

* I went AFK and fixed a bite to eat and had nothing happen, and then went afk to get a drink after I gave up on the Gleba/Armin convo and had nothing happen.

I just culled everything from my save file and will try it again later. I'm not saying it's necessarily a problem with the mod (as I noted, it could just be my game), but I wanted to point it out in the event it was. :)

* If I don't talk to her, the quest ends, and I'm stuck in the cell (as reported by other people here).

* So it's a damned if I do, damned if I don't.

* I went AFK and fixed a bite to eat and had nothing happen, and then went afk to get a drink after I gave up on the Gleba/Armin convo and had nothing happen.

I just culled everything from my save file and will try it again later. I'm not saying it's necessarily a problem with the mod (as I noted, it could just be my game), but I wanted to point it out in the event it was. :)

I really dont understand

- Kat broke the door, she play her scenes

- Kat is near the Stone, the quest end.

- Following a forsworn girl is launching (its automatic), you speak to kat, she teleport you and her near the Forsworn outpost.

- You got Gleba, Kat, Armin and Kalydi scene, right ? Armin told you to speak him after the scene will end. When the quest end, speak to Armin. He have only on line of dialogue. It will teleport you to the Forgotten valley, and Meeting the tribes quest will begin automaticaly.

I tested this many times, and I got no problems. Except :

- Ethrane hook

- Scene dont lauch because actors have difficulties to join the Xmarker headings ? I solve it by just use T wait/sleep one hour in game. And everything come back ok.

Broken quest are at the fourth part now. All the core quest before works. I tested this many times.

Do you get the Katalia dialogue line 'we are stuck' in the jail when the Just a job quest end ?

Edit : the only thing I saw is you use the console to skip AFS1Begin stage 165. Or this stage is a conditionnal for launching Following a forsworn girl quest (and enable Katalia dialogues which teleport you outside the cell, of course).

How is a player to know when it's okay to talk to an NPC w/out breaking something?

Right... I need to improve my objectives... or making more restrictive conditionals. Or disable player controls... I dont know. For suceeding to making this, I need to think as other players act, not to think as I act... Difficult task.

Note ; did you got a forcegreet of Ariovist ?

Or disable player controls..

I would make effort to avoid this if possible. And use it only as a very last resort.

I don't think players like it, I think it takes away from immersion and if it breaks.. ouch.

Better to think of doing something in a way that won't be broken by player having control.

Good luck with your mod! :)

Or disable player controls..

I would make effort to avoid this if possible. And use it only as a very last resort.

I don't think players like it, I think it takes away from immersion and if it breaks.. ouch.

Better to think of doing something in a way that won't be broken by player having control.

Good luck with your mod! :)

Me too... it's because i dont like slavery mod who using this all the time.

I prefer use player memory. All the needed informations are in the dialogues, few in the objectives.

Even in the very simple slavery quest I'm writing right now, I will try to avoid disableplayercontrols.

We just need to discuss, saw how player play the mod, and find solutions. Restrictive conditionnals, variables, objectives more accurate, etc...

It's just I'm a little upset/sad... i spent lot of time to rebuilt theses quest (according to players remarks, my first version worked very well). I tested it many times, I made fixes regulary... and there is still player find ways to get stuck ! So, more works, more fixes. more tests... but it's the developer way of life !

I really dont understand

- Kat broke the door, she play her scenes

- Kat is near the Stone, the quest end.

- Following a forsworn girl is launching (its automatic), you speak to kat, she teleport you and her near the Forsworn outpost.

- You got Gleba, Kat, Armin and Kalydi scene, right ? Armin told you to speak him after the scene will end. When the quest end, speak to Armin. He have only on line of dialogue. It will teleport you to the Forgotten valley, and Meeting the tribes quest will begin automaticaly.

I tested this many times, and I got no problems. Except :

- Ethrane hook

- Scene dont lauch because actors have difficulties to join the Xmarker headings ? I solve it by just use T wait/sleep one hour in game. And everything come back ok.

Broken quest are at the fourth part now. All the core quest before works. I tested this many times.

Do you get the Katalia dialogue line 'we are stuck' in the jail when the Just a job quest end ?

Edit : the only thing I saw is you use the console to skip AFS1Begin stage 165. Or this stage is a conditionnal for launching Following a forsworn girl quest (and enable Katalia dialogues which teleport you outside the cell, of course).

Kat broke the door, played her scenes up until she gets near the stone, at which point the quest ends and "Following a Forsworn Girl" didn't start. I had no dialogue options with her at that point, either. For whatever reason talking to her before she got to the stone gave me the teleport dialogue. If that's part of the subsequent quest, I have no idea what happened.

No, I didn't get the scene. As soon as Gleba blindfolded and moved us (the fade to black + teleport), there was no other scene, and he just wandered down the road. Again, could be broken as a result of everything else. I'll write it off and restart.

Ok, i understand. You dont get the quest, so you cant get the dialogue.

Surprizing.. maybe its due to SEQ file.

Usually, when i install the mod, i save, quit, and reload to made Skyrim 'understand the mod'. Every time I played the mod whithout this steps, I got problems.

Right... I need to improve my objectives... or making more restrictive conditionals. Or disable player controls... I dont know. For suceeding to making this, I need to think as other players act, not to think as I act... Difficult task.

No. Shae attacks Katalia which borks the scene. It's been a little while since I played this but if I recall correctly I disabled Shae and then talked to Ariovist.

You have stated above that Katalia is set to neutral with East Empire Company, but how is East Empire Company set to Katalia? If you are using factions perhaps it is Shae's faction settings you should examine, not Katalia's. An important point perhaps: Ariovist is never hostile, which is why I suspect there is something wrong with Shae.

For suceeding to making this, I need to think as other players act, not to think as I act... Difficult task.

It's impossible to anticipate every player action that could break a quest and no one expects you even to attempt that. But if speaking to an NPC can break a quest - that is totally out of our control, and there is no way for us even to know about such a danger. The bug reports I've been seeing are from players who seem to be acting rationally. For example, Shae attacks Katalia. What can the player do in-game? Nothing. So we've tried killing her or disabling her or using resetai on her, or using setstage to avoid the scene entirely, etc. Not because we want to but because she won't stop attacking Katalia.

No. Shae attacks Katalia which borks the scene. It's been a little while since I played this but if I recall correctly I disabled Shae and then talked to Ariovist.

You have stated above that Katalia is set to neutral with East Empire Company, but how is East Empire Company set to Katalia? If you are using factions perhaps it is Shae's faction settings you should examine, not Katalia's. An important point perhaps: Ariovist is never hostile, which is why I suspect there is something wrong with Shae.

For suceeding to making this, I need to think as other players act, not to think as I act... Difficult task.

It's impossible to anticipate every player action that could break a quest and no one expects you even to attempt that. But if speaking to an NPC can break a quest - that is totally out of our control, and there is no way for us even to know about such a danger. The bug reports I've been seeing are from players who seem to be acting rationally. For example, Shae attacks Katalia. What can the player do in-game? Nothing. So we've tried killing her or disabling her or using resetai on her, or using setstage to avoid the scene entirely, etc. Not because we want to but because she won't stop attacking Katalia.

Shae bug was due to :

- her AI

- the fact the EssdtEmpire company considers Marses as enemies.

I made fixes. Now, for becoming hostile, i use script to add a specific faction hostile against all forsworns ones.

Shae bug was due to :

- her AI

- the fact the EssdtEmpire company considers Marses as enemies.

I made fixes. Now, for becoming hostile, i use script to add a specific faction hostile against all forsworns ones.

So Shae was indeed "broken"? That's good news, because having fixed her that entire part of the quest should now be problem-free. Ariovist is known to work and being arrested and teleporting to jail also works. Good progress!

Mhh after the ritual where u have to choose wether to eat the flesh or drink the blood and after katalia tought u the spell, it says talk to katalia (or ehtrene) and they say u will have to talk to the chiefs.

For me the quest marker stays on katalia after the dialogue is finished and quest log does not proceed.

I test this quest. Except some quest scripts and Odoacre dialogue, everything works.

And I test Moro...

Just tried it again, with 1.51. When I walk up to the wolves, the quest advances from "find the pack" to "talk to moro", then one of the males Aku starts a sex animation on Moro, who just stands there. Moro is still not selectable.

Also, with the Armin quest, his pathing bugged out, so I waited for an hour then went to the quest marker. The dialog with the other forsworn starts, he tells you to go kill the nords at the tree, then nothing. And no nords.

I am not sure if I downloaded it wrong but when I get done with ritual I talk with the girls and I get told to talk to chief  but it doesn't add it to goals and when I found the chief I try to talk with him and it wont go any further then that. Is there something I am missing or need to re download ?