Its not that quest is not allowed to start if some alias fails to fill. Quest not starting has to be caused by something else (and i never had a problem with that quest).

When alias fails to fill then quest should start but alias would simply remain empty (ofc empty alias is a problem... possibly a severe one, every function/conditional that was using it wont work).

But from the other hand - its not like making aliases optional actually cause some side effects or anything. So if you say it helps for ya - i dont have anything against making them optional as it makes very little difference in terms of how you create the rest of a quest.

Ok, i have a little time :

- AqqH ; message noted. My CK was unable to open your esp, but i changed all the scripts and stages according to your message.

- MyBrainHurts : the problem is Kat alias is needed for a scene...

- Mimoperekat : Ravena quest is still in construction. Particulary her package and the slave player function (too restrictive for now)

- AqqH : I know... Meshes and textures are the bigger files... A thing I can do is spliting the archive in two : Meshes/text in a an archive, and SEQ/scripts/esp in another archive. The first one is very constant... Or i need a better compressor.

Ok, i have a little time :

- AqqH ; message noted. My CK was unable to open your esp, but i changed all the scripts and stages according to your message.

- MyBrainHurts : the problem is Kat alias is needed for a scene...

I see. Now, if her alias fails to fill for whatever reason then every non-optional alias will also fail to fill and the quest is broken at that point.

Setting her alias as "allow reserved" should fix the problem. Until now, I've been fixing this for myself by setting aliases to optional, but as I read more and more about this alias thing it seems "allow reserved" is the way to go.

Have you tested your mod using the download version you have here, or on another computer? I have no doubt that the mod works perfectly for you but sometimes when authors do the above they discover that there are problems they would never have seen otherwise.

also forgot to state in my last post

in katalia's revenge quest arovist and none of his company are hostile when you go into the house and also after you finish quest there is no way to leave the house the door wont let you out you need to coc or use a transport spell

also forgot to state in my last post

in katalia's revenge quest arovist and none of his company are hostile when you go into the house and also after you finish quest there is no way to leave the house the door wont let you out you need to coc or use a transport spell

Yeah. Its due to their AI package.

I set startcombat functions... It should be ok now. And the door was just disabled. its enabled now.

And the gods given to Kat a nice sword.

I did some further testing and I can revert my quest blaming once more.

Kindof.

After starting one of many side quests after the ceremony my crafting stations, short of forge, get bugged.

Those side quests include but are not limited to:

The last wish of an old nord.

Ravena must leave!

The crafting stations are still okay after starting:

Badycia Lesson

Thusnelda Lesson

Princess of wolves

The Girl and the Wolf

Ethrane Lesson (which isn't a quest despite the sound of a completed quest and the other spell learnings are quests, naming here just for notice of testing)

For me it is unadvisable to ask any forsworn "Do you have any advices for me?" as that starts the Ravena Sidequest and thus is bugging my crafting stations.

List of mods is limited to AFS, Sexlab, MNC, FNIS/FNIS Creatures and UNPetite. Thus it's relatively clear AFS is either causing or triggering the bug.

I do not know and have no clue on what exactly the problem is and/or how to fix it.

/edit next try Badycia Lesson is fine ...

/next edit as is Thusnelda Lesson ...

Tried both two additional times. Not sure why something broke the first test.

Both Lessons moved to "still okay"

The last wish of an old nord and Ravena must leave! still on "bugging it"

/next (and hopefully final) edit

The last wish of an old nord does cause this bug when talking to the nord first and starting the quest that way. If sent to the nord by the shocked forsworn it "only" has a 3 of 5 chance of bugging out.

I did some further testing and I can revert my quest blaming once more.

Kindof.

After starting one of many side quests after the ceremony my crafting stations, short of forge, get bugged.

Those side quests include but are not limited to:

The last wish of an old nord.

Ravena must leave!

The crafting stations are still okay after starting:

Badycia Lesson

Thusnelda Lesson

Princess of wolves

The Girl and the Wolf

Ethrane Lesson (which isn't a quest despite the sound of a completed quest and the other spell learnings are quests, naming here just for notice of testing)

For me it is unadvisable to ask any forsworn "Do you have any advices for me?" as that starts the Ravena Sidequest and thus is bugging my crafting stations.

List of mods is limited to AFS, Sexlab, MNC, FNIS/FNIS Creatures and UNPetite. Thus it's relatively clear AFS is either causing or triggering the bug.

I do not know and have no clue on what exactly the problem is and/or how to fix it.

/edit next try Badycia Lesson is fine ...

/next edit as is Thusnelda Lesson ...

Tried both two additional times. Not sure why something broke the first test.

Both Lessons moved to "still okay"

The last wish of an old nord and Ravena must leave! still on "bugging it"

/next (and hopefully final) edit

The last wish of an old nord does cause this bug when talking to the nord first and starting the quest that way. If sent to the nord by the shocked forsworn it "only" has a 3 of 5 chance of bugging out.

Interesting... I will add a conditionnal to the Old nudist in attemp to avoid this... but i dont understand why i have this bug.

Me neither.

The ratio of bugged to total on the "send to him to start quest" is down to 4 out of 10 btw.

In my tests "Ravena must leave!" has caused that bug 10 out of 10 tries.

Tried in multiple settings.

Old game started on 148 and updated. Both with followers active (but waiting) and inactive.

New game started on 153. Both with followers active (but waiting) and inactive.

New game with cheated level 80 char started on 153. Both with followers active (but waiting) and inactive.

Old game which had AFS loaded but not started. Both with followers active (but waiting) and inactive.

New game male char. Both with followers active (but waiting) and inactive.

I'm troubled to think of more ways to test ingame aside from brand new skyrim install.

Good job man - thats exactly it.

Added GetStage >=20 conditional to follow package of player alias of ravena quest.

And crafting stations are not bugged anymore.

Downloaded this mod last night and can't seem to get it to work right,  I'm stuck in the cell at the begining with the forsworn girl, we talk about escaping and bugs,  she undoes the lock, I get my stuff, and when we get to the stone the quest completes.......and that's it,  no teleporting, no dialogs (aside from "I can use this").....we just sit there staring into eachother clevage...I mean eyes.    I'd really like to progress this further and I've seen this mentioned in the past posts but nothing I do from what was suggested works for me (I may have missed something due to my short attention span).    Please help,  I'd really love to take this mod for the ride to the end.

Added GetStage >=20 conditional to follow package of player alias of ravena quest.

If that had been the problem it would have hit everybody who asked Forsworn for advice and who tried to do the Ravena quest. I've done both without any problem.

Downloaded this mod last night and can't seem to get it to work right,  I'm stuck in the cell at the begining with the forsworn girl, we talk about escaping and bugs,  she undoes the lock, I get my stuff, and when we get to the stone the quest completes.......and that's it,  no teleporting, no dialogs (aside from "I can use this").....we just sit there staring into eachother clevage...I mean eyes.    I'd really like to progress this further and I've seen this mentioned in the past posts but nothing I do from what was suggested works for me (I may have missed something due to my short attention span).    Please help,  I'd really love to take this mod for the ride to the end.

That's the point where Following Katalia quest is supposed to begin, I think. You can also try the console command "sqv afs1followkatalia" and see if the aliases are set to "NONE."

If that had been the problem it would have hit everybody who asked Forsworn for advice and who tried to do the Ravena quest. I've done both without any problem.

Yup. Because bugs hit everybody at every time.

Regardless of PC specs, player input or other internal or external shenanigans.

You seriously need to comprehend what a 'bug' is.

That's the point where Following Katalia quest is supposed to begin, I think. You can also try the console command "sqv afs1followkatalia" and see if the aliases are set to "NONE."

it tells me this when I type that command in.

Quest state:

Enabled?: No

State: Stopped

Current Stage: 0

Priority: 50

try typing in the console

sqs afs1begin

and check if you have stage 165 complete (should be "1")

It tells me that I do indeed have 165 complete

Been some time since I've been in jail with Kat ...

But you did talk to Kat once more after the quest completed and she said "i will can use this" did you?

As far as I've seen the quest hasn't started but it should be possible to start it.

The first quest completes in Kat's dialogue, the second quest starts in Kat's dialogue. But between those two Kat's dialogue closes.

Been some time since I've been in jail with Kat ...

But you did talk to Kat once more after the quest completed and she said "i will can use this" did you?

As far as I've seen the quest hasn't started but it should be possible to start it.

The first quest completes in Kat's dialogue, the second quest starts in Kat's dialogue. But between those two Kat's dialogue closes.

pretty much after we got to the stone she said (on her own) "I can use this"  and now there is nothing,  when I try and talk to her there is no option to teleport or anything and we just stand there,  and I waited like 10 minutes (real time) before talking to her at that point.

What I was refering to was post-496684-0-75880200-1425586338_thumb.jpg after the previous quest ended. That is normally the case.

I've seen the quest automatically starts now. Or has it started right away originally? As said, been a long time ;)

If that isn't true for you :

1.) Make sure zaForswornStory.esp is as near the end of your Loadorder as possible

2.) Make sure no conflicting Mod is loaded (Mods that alter Forsworn in particular)

3.) Enter console, click Katalia, enter "disable", enter "enable" to respawn Katalia

4.) Enter console, enter "setstage AFS1FollowKatalia 20" which should bypass that issue by starting the quest and teleporting you out of jail.

The last point is the last resort. It's never a good idea to force a quest advance. But if nothing else works ...

What I was refering to was attachicon.gif2015-03-05_00001.jpg after the previous quest ended. That is normally the case.

I've seen the quest automatically starts now. Or has it started right away originally? As said, been a long time ;)

1.) Make sure zaForswornStory.esp is as near the end of your Loadorder as possible

2.) Make sure no conflicting Mod is loaded (Mods that alter Forsworn in particular)

3.) Enter console, click Katalia, enter "disable", enter "enable" to respawn Katalia

4.) Enter console, enter "setstage AFS1FollowKatalia 20" which should bypass that issue by starting the quest and teleporting you out of jail.

The last point is the last resort. It's never a good idea to force a quest advance. But if nothing else works ...

Just did all of that and there is still no change :( 

Quest state:

Above the line "Quest state:" there should be more lines like

"REF AFSArmin"

Hit "page up" if you don't see those lines. If you do see them, do they have "NONE" next to each name?

Quest state:

Above the line "Quest state:" there should be more lines like

"REF AFSArmin"

Hit "page up" if you don't see those lines. If you do see them, do they have "NONE" next to each name?

I see it now,  both are set to none,  how should I fix this (if there is a fix)?

What I was refering to was attachicon.gif2015-03-05_00001.jpg after the previous quest ended. That is normally the case.

That's because the quest aliases are not being filled. Without those aliases the quest won't start no matter what you try in the console. If you can use the creation kit you can change the aliases in the quest afs1followkatalia to "optional." Then the quest will start normally next time you load your game. If you can't use the creation kit then the fix can only come from the mod author should he choose to apply it.

Edit: Actually, I could send you a patch for this if you want. I'm not sure if the mod author would want me to upload such a thing on this thread.

so I'm stuck unless I use the creation kit?    I've restarted from the begining of the mod multiple times and I always get stuck in this same spot,  so is it the mod goofing up on me or is there something I'm doing wrong?

so I'm stuck unless I use the creation kit?    I've restarted from the begining of the mod multiple times and I always get stuck in this same spot,  so is it the mod goofing up on me or is there something I'm doing wrong?

It's a bug. Check your PM.

Ok. I just added this. condtionnal to player package in ravena quest.

For craftings stations, i dont test yet. I add a conditionnal to the old nudist too.

Again this problem ? Ok, I will set Armin and Kat optionnal for the next release.

That's because the quest aliases are not being filled. Without those aliases the quest won't start no matter what you try in the console. If you can use the creation kit you can change the aliases in the quest afs1followkatalia to "optional." Then the quest will start normally next time you load your game. If you can't use the creation kit then the fix can only come from the mod author should he choose to apply it.

Edit: Actually, I could send you a patch for this if you want. I'm not sure if the mod author would want me to upload such a thing on this thread.

Your patch will be useless soon. I just need to finish a quest and mading dome fixes before releasing the next version.

I just need to finish the cryrodiil geographic quest (Ethrane scene)

Note : I found a ressource for a Female BriarHeartArmor. And for several men briarheart armors. Maybe the briarheart way could be implemented.

If i can, i will create a female briarheart/Koldun : Vulkos.