TERA Online -pack 2015-

Fair enough, good point about using the trademark for the mod name as in "TERA Armors".

Just to repeat, it's not the studio that removed the files but Nexus moderators in this case, because it is against their own rules.

And in another case it was a mod author filing a DMCA complaint at a filesharing site, after someone made a conversion of his mod (which was a Blade&Soul port without permission in the first place IIRC).

So the companies usually don't care about this, as long as you don't pirate the functional game. Only Bethesda asked for mods like "Tale of Two Wastelands" to be removed from Nexus, although that doesn't even work without both FO3 & FNV installed.

The problem for mod sites like the NEXUS is, these are companies themselves (and the laws are somewhat different for companies than for private persones). If they offer copyrighted material, like your ported armors, they become liable for them under the copyright/ software piracy laws. So to be on the safe side of the law, they require the explicit authorization of the copyright holder to the modder for the use of said copyrighted material. The exception to this are copyright holders who publically announced a blanket authorization for (some of) their copyrighted material (like CDPR did). EnMasse/Bluehole did not do such a blanket authorization.

Question: How about Steam then? They're a far more bigger website than nexus and Valve is a far more bigger company than them. Steam workshop are filled with ported stuff from another game, Yet they don't seem to give two shits about them. And i never heard of other gaming companies asking Valve to take down those Copyrighted stuff or get sued despite of how many of these copyrighted stuff there are on the workshop.

May i ask why?

I'd wager that the Steam Workshop is okay since they are not intending on making money on the matter. Hence the reason why so many assets are on other games. Also, I'd wager the original owners are okay with that as it helps promote their game.

However, I'd think that it won't be long until some companies start clamping down on such matters.

Fair enough, good point about using the trademark for the mod name as in "TERA Armors".

Just to repeat, it's not the studio that removed the files but Nexus moderators in this case, because it is against their own rules.

And in another case it was a mod author filing a DMCA complaint at a filesharing site, after someone made a conversion of his mod (which was a Blade&Soul port without permission in the first place IIRC).

So the companies usually don't care about this, as long as you don't pirate the functional game. Only Bethesda asked for mods like "Tale of Two Wastelands" to be removed from Nexus, although that doesn't even work without both FO3 & FNV installed.

The problem for mod sites like the NEXUS is, these are companies themselves (and the laws are somewhat different for companies than for private persones). If they offer copyrighted material, like your ported armors, they become liable for them under the copyright/ software piracy laws. So to be on the safe side of the law, they require the explicit authorization of the copyright holder to the modder for the use of said copyrighted material. The exception to this are copyright holders who publically announced a blanket authorization for (some of) their copyrighted material (like CDPR did). EnMasse/Bluehole did not do such a blanket authorization.

Question: How about Steam then? They're a far more bigger website than nexus and Valve is a far more bigger company than them. Steam workshop are filled with ported stuff from another game, Yet they don't seem to give two shits about them. And i never heard of other gaming companies asking Valve to take down those Copyrighted stuff or get sued despite of how many of these copyrighted stuff there are on the workshop.

May i ask why?

I'd wager that the Steam Workshop is okay since they are not intending on making money on the matter. Hence the reason why so many assets are on other games. Also, I'd wager the original owners are okay with that as it helps promote their game.

However, I'd think that it won't be long until some companies start clamping down on such matters.

I don't think Steam actively monitors these files. They have enough to worry about, like hackers, and they mainly a game transaction site, not a pure (or heavily emphasized) modding site like Nexus. The Nexus is a lot more cautious about this and are ready to raise the ban hammer at a single mention of possible copyright (sometimes not even "true" copyright) whereas I would think that Steam relies heavily on "cease and desist letters". I don't know if it was due to user pressure or not but the only Steam files that I know of that have been taken down are those that were taken from XiNAVRO.

But yes, since the Nexus runs on ads I would think that they aren't favorable, legally.

this is only for the females right?

That is so.

Well,if it is any consolation,there are still more super skimpy TERA conversions for male characters than for female characters.

Then again,that is only comfort to those who are into the super skimpy stuff and those who don't care that they won't have anything new just yet.

May i ask why?

I don't think Steam actively monitors these files. They have enough to worry about, like hackers, and they mainly a game transaction site, not a pure (or heavily emphasized) modding site like Nexus. The Nexus is a lot more cautious about this and are ready to raise the ban hammer at a single mention of possible copyright (sometimes not even "true" copyright) whereas I would think that Steam relies heavily on "cease and desist letters". I don't know if it was due to user pressure or not but the only Steam files that I know of that have been taken down are those that were taken from XiNAVRO.

But yes, since the Nexus runs on ads I would think that they aren't favorable, legally.

But one interesting problem remains: Other game companies.

If they asked steam to takedown some of those stuff, and asked them to send that "cease and desist letters" to those modders like you would think, they'll definitely do that. Hell, im pretty damn sure they could just send those letters themselves. But the question is, why those other companies didn't do it yet? at all? This part interest me greatly.

No, i refuse to believe that they didn't see their stuff being ported to other games on the workshop. They SHOULD have seen them or at least some of the companies. Steam is HUGE. They're one of the biggest pc game transaction site and therefore easily noticeable. You have to be more blind than your regular blind person to haven't noticed the porting shenanigans on the workshop. Kind of absurd if they really didn't, but that's just my honest opinion.

They either don't give a shit or something hold them off.

What do you think?

In my humble opinion if you look at it Steam is huge respected platform therefor would be able to more easely be able to take a hit if anything would happen as opposed to the nexus.

I work in retail and see it everyday where big companies can easely take more risks and like to bend the law with copyrighted articles as to where smaller companies need to be very carefull in the steps they take cause they cannot risk any setbacks.

So I thinks its more out of fear what if.. then the companies wich own the files really pursue.

I hope I explained my thgths well enough in english xD

I think i have explained this at least 2 times already alone in this thread.

The Nexus has its own private rule, that all mods must be either 100% original work, or have explicit and personal permission for any assets taken from other authors.

Civil or criminal laws are not really the focus of that. Rather the idea to keep the site a place where authors and users can be certain that nothing is copied, just for the moral ideal.

May i ask why?

But one interesting problem remains: Other game companies.

If they asked steam to takedown some of those stuff, and asked them to send that "cease and desist letters" to those modders like you would think, they'll definitely do that. Hell, im pretty damn sure they could just send those letters themselves. But the question is, why those other companies didn't do it yet? at all? This part interest me greatly.

No, i refuse to believe that they didn't see their stuff being ported to other games on the workshop. They SHOULD have seen them or at least some of the companies. Steam is HUGE. They're one of the biggest pc game transaction site and therefore easily noticeable. You have to be more blind than your regular blind person to haven't noticed the porting shenanigans on the workshop. Kind of absurd if they really didn't, but that's just my honest opinion.

They either don't give a shit or something hold them off.

What do you think?

Many have said it already, that Nexus operates differently.

I can't say that I know what these companies are really thinking but it's not exactly uncommon for them to give permission, like EnMasse with asianboy's TERA conversions. Another possible reason is that companies don't feel like they need to take down these mods, in the interest of time and resources. They most likely have noticed these items in the workshop but it's probably not in their best interests as I've said before since mods (there are exceptions) are free-of-use, but I wouldn't rule out the idea that they simply do not see these mods since I doubt mods have had a "negative" impact on most games and are, again, not likely in their best interests to actively filter.

I think i have explained this at least 2 times already alone in this thread.

The Nexus has its own private rule, that all mods must be either 100% original work, or have explicit and personal permission for any assets taken from other authors.

Civil or criminal laws are not really the focus of that. Rather the idea to keep the site a place where authors and users can be certain that nothing is copied, just for the moral ideal.

I actually thought the same the moment i first took my step to Nexus. Then i kinda changed my mind to "Oh hey maybe because of the law" because doubts. Then i saw SteamWorkshop and their ripped content Shenanigans. Despite being a bigger company than Nexus the nazi mofos. Thus confused.

Why those game companies did not make any kind of movement to the porting fuckeries at workshop, even though it's pretty clear (to me) that some or most of them are definitely aware of it? Fuzaki already gave his theory and i like it. Most game companies simply don't give a shit. Totally buyin' that, this could be true.

Why Nexus set that kind of nazi rules, despite the law not giving a single fuck to ported content? Guk already explained it above. Didn't see your explanation the first time, sorry 'bout that^^;

Well with that my questions has been pretty much answered, now we can finally end this discussion and i can sleep in peace.

I have a small problem. I installed and activated the mod, but i cant find them in the forge to craft them. i looked trough the categories like iron, daedric etc but not a single armor is there. 

Can you have the barreltest?

I have a small problem. I installed and activated the mod, but i cant find them in the forge to craft them. i looked trough the categories like iron, daedric etc but not a single armor is there. 

Can you have the barreltest?

Tried that one later but either i am doing it wrong or it just doesnt work either. i have installed the mod via modorganizer and its also activated.

btw i don't have any esp files, is that right or did i miss something?