just got through the spider ending.

i thought i was fucked until the cuffs managed to break after the like 20th "struggle" - slowly and surgically cleared the caverns. bashie himself was a bit tough i am going to have to come back for him in a few levels.

very much enjoyed the escape. required a bit of actual effort. been a while.

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I know, it should still work with SD+ v3.04 (and Skyrimll is not aware of any changes that would break that).  But if you are having problems, you might try checking the quest status in console:

sqv dvBashnagQuest

and look for BashnagBeatings_var in the output.  It might not change immediately after a punishment scene, but it should do so within half an hour (game time, not real time).

You are right. I loaded an earlier save and just made sure I kept getting punished and the option eventually came up.  I guess my PC just had stronger willpower in that other game  :s   Thank you for confirming though.

Will you be adding other optional alternate starts or is this mod pretty much in its finished state?

The mod is reasonably solid and complete as-is, but I can imagine a few directions that it might expand:

• adding other alternate starts with similar levels of challenge (the Falmer of Shimmermist Cave come to mind... or the necromancer in Brittleshin Pass).
  • adding follow-on activities with Bashnag (e.g. more creative revenge, besides just stabbing him).
  • adding lead-ins to other mods where appropriate (e.g. Bashnag sells character to Angrim...)

Any of those would depend on both my interest in doing them, and user interest in playing them.  At the moment, my spare time is probably better spent on some of my other mods.

That is probably due to a new feature in v3.1 of SD+, walking to a slaver destination if enslaved outdoors.  Problem is, Southfringe Sanctum is  outdoors.  I've notified Skyrimll of the new incompatibility; it will probably require a fix in SD+ to correct it.

I'm not sure if this is a bug but if you search Bashnag's chest before talking to him first, he still will catch and punish you before you even "get in trouble with him."  As you put it in the mod description.  Although I guess most people might be annoyed with you if you start searching their treasure chests without their permission.  So maybe it is a good bug or working as designed?   :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

An updated version is now available, recompiled for LAL v3.0 and with an additional alternate start (as a vampire thrall in Bloodlet Throne).  Note that LAL v3.0 requires all three official DLC.  The old version of this mod is still available, for people who do not want that dependency.

I loaded the latest version (v1.1) and tried the Bloodlet Throne beginning.  First, the vampire with the startup conversation never came close enough to the cage to converse with, so I used the console (gave my character a bunch of lock picks) to get free.  Then I was able to talk with the vampires, but the thralls were all hostile. (Even before I let myself out of the cage, a thrall walked by and was already hostile (red dot) but didn't attack me while I was still in the cage.) I killed two thralls and the vampires didn't even react. I ended up just walking out the front door.

Assuming this isn't the way this was intended to play out, did I screw it up when I let myself out of the cage? Is the vampire supposed to eventually walk over to the cage and I just didn't wait long enough?  And how many times do I have to talk (beg for release) to the vampire before it advances the quest?  I can get threatened with disfigurement, raped, and told to shut up, but that's it?

The odd thing is, it shouldn't put you in the cage right at the start.  Every time I've tested it, it put me about a meter in front of it.  You might try picking it up from the LAL loading cell again, and see if it places you better.

The odd thing is, it shouldn't put you in the cage right at the start.  Every time I've tested it, it put me about a meter in front of it.  You might try picking it up from the LAL loading cell again, and see if it places you better.

Oddly when my character first appears, I can't see any cage bars (meaning I must be outside the cage), but then I get pushed back into the cage.  I've tried this several times with new characters and different races and always end up in the cage.

BUT .. I think I discovered what caused my problems. It's a minor issue with the settings in Sanguine's Debauchery. I noticed if I set the SD+ gender restriction to either sex, I get enslaved by a female vampire immediately after appearing in the cage.  The initial enslavement rape brings the Master to you and allows the conversation to get this mod started (and also got me out of the cage!). Being enslaved also fixed the issue with the thralls being hostile. As a habit, I normally play as a female and set the gender restriction to "opposite" only.  Apparently that causes a problem because there are no male vampires close enough to be selected as your Master.  As a result, you never get enslaved, and events don't progress as intended. 

Ah, yes.  There's only one male vampire (the boss), and he's not eligible anyway (too many AI conflicts, he's in a set-piece scene).  So for that start, you need to be OK with F/F.

And that's the way it should be!  Like a lion and his pride, the master vampire should have his harem and no male competition! 

It would be great if your female master had dialogue along the lines of getting you trained to be worthy of joining the boss vampires' harem.  Maybe if you get to slave level 6 you are granted a bonus sex scene with the boss.  As a matter of fact, why not make it mandatory to please the boss before you are allowed to leave?

I finished the Bloodlet Throne scenario.  No more bugs to report. BUT .. It seems that after you get turned and set loose, you have to fight your way out of the place!  If they just wanted you dead, why go through the trouble of enslaving and turning you in the first place!  Would it be possible to delay the faction change until you exit the Bloodlet Throne?

The alternative is to just use the standard "May I leave, master?" slavery option, which makes your exit safe.  That's feels kinda like cheating the mod, though.