JsonUtils uses decimal - 7565 == 1D8D hex.

BUT - it is much simpler to use latest PapyrusUtils Beta and use the ingame functionality to change outfits...

i am using the latest PapyrusUtils v3 beta3, but some items dont seem to register when i use the ingame menu, i register an outfit and when i try to put it on through the ingame menu -> naked :P

edit: .... nvm... for some reason it seems to be working flawlessly now... lol, i guess thats a good thing, i dont know why it didnt work earlier then though, maybe i didnt wait long enough for everything to initialize?

zaira:

Do you think this trick could help with the outfits issue? Or it's completely unrelated?

Tried already - does not work properly. Often armor uses different slots or more than one slot. So creating a fake outfit will work only if you copy nifs with exactly the slot configuration that I have defined.

Loading the clothes via JSonUtils is not the biggest issue. The biggest issue is that the stupid NPCs does not always keep clothes equipped when they change the cell - even if the armor is high rated. They keep their clothes only equipped if they are part of an outfit.

Therefore I assign an empty outfit to the NPC and track his 3d-load-state and re-equip all clothes after 3d has loaded - that's the reason why the NPC outfit is flickering on every cell load. But this trick is a hack and could be the reason for some CTDs.

The best solution would be to create outfits during game-time - but Papyrus and SKSE doesn't support this.

Maybe it is possible to add such functionality in a SKSE plugin but unfortunately I have no ms-dev-studio to compile such a plugin and I don't want to pay for it.

Guest Long John

@zaira - Don't forget that microsoft supplies an Express Edition of Visual Studio. Is it possible to create an SKSE plugin using the Express Edition?

In addition are you currently a qualifying student for Academic deals? Cause if you are you may qualify for some of Microsoft's Education pricing (lower prices than normal retail) and/or programs (Microsoft Dream Spark - Free Visual Studio Professional 2013).

Plus Visual Studio Online is free for upto 5 users. So as long as the user count doesn't reach that amount then the service won't cost anything. Code will need to be saved on a local computer and hosted on a Github service (e.g. this site's github service).

Guest Long John

@zaira - Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013 - Supports Visual C++ & Visual C#. A part of Skyrim is based on Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 as when it installs under Windows 8, the feature needs to be turned on.

Visual Studio Online - Requires a microsoft account to access. Is the access point for obtaining Visual Studio Express.

zaira:

Do you think this trick could help with the outfits issue? Or it's completely unrelated?

Tried already - does not work properly. Often armor uses different slots or more than one slot. So creating a fake outfit will work only if you copy nifs with exactly the slot configuration that I have defined.

Loading the clothes via JSonUtils is not the biggest issue. The biggest issue is that the stupid NPCs does not always keep clothes equipped when they change the cell - even if the armor is high rated. They keep their clothes only equipped if they are part of an outfit.

Therefore I assign an empty outfit to the NPC and track his 3d-load-state and re-equip all clothes after 3d has loaded - that's the reason why the NPC outfit is flickering on every cell load. But this trick is a hack and could be the reason for some CTDs.

The best solution would be to create outfits during game-time - but Papyrus and SKSE doesn't support this.

Maybe it is possible to add such functionality in a SKSE plugin but unfortunately I have no ms-dev-studio to compile such a plugin and I don't want to pay for it.

Is that the same problem with clothes/armors given to followers? Because if it is, you might be able to use the same workaround to solve that: since your followers revert to their default outfit after being dismissed, once you recruit them again you must take/give something from their inventory to make them re-equip all the gear you gave them (that has higher stats than their default counterparts, of course). Perhaps modifying their inventory in the same way through script has the same effect...

I like where this is going, definately been looking for a working slave-to-follower mod for a while (even rigged me up a lame one for personal use)

Something did come to my attention, though, that I might as well share. And if this was already mentioned i apologize but i did go back a few pages.

-I was not able to use alternate start with this mod installed. I DO NOT MEAN WITH BOTH MODS ENABLED. i mean that I installed it manually (no Fmod, dumb idea on my part) and i just unchecked it. I got stuck at the main screen when using LAL. I knew that it was working before i installed this mod, so i installed and then uninstalled it FMOD style and it works now. A strange thing is that starting without LAL and going vanillia start worked fine, and AFAIK Eden dosn't override any files by LAL (but LAL is .bsa files, eden is loose files)

I'm not an expert but i fellt that i should bring that up

EDIT for clarity: i was just trying to start a new game with LAL and not Eden in this case, I didn't try loading and existing save. just now thought of that.

L.A.L will definitely not work with my mod. And I will spend no time in L.A.L integration because I don't use it and I don't want to depend on that mod.

But I offer full support if someone will do this integration - it should be possible with a proxy mod.

How strange, I installed ME after running LAL for a while and it worked fine, simply overpowering it to start a new character in a cage.

Anyways, cool mod.

it doesnt work otherwise - LAL start does not work if you have ME installed - even if you disable ME.

to make LAL work again you need to disable ME and move / remove QF_MQ101_0003372B.pex from your script folder.

Just remember that if you would want to start another Marias slave character you would need this script back.

@Zaira

you could try to make it like this:

Player would start free via whatever kind of start he/she wants.

there could be a text button in your MCM - start Marias Eden.

When started there would be a random chance (on every cell change for example) that you would be attacked by Slave Hunters team - something alike to hired thugs. 3 NPCs on level high enough to make a short work of any low level character without a follower.

So you get attacked. Stunned. You wake up in Aarons cage in Whiterun.

You got most of it already implemented as bandits enslave players if you are defeated while being free - Basically all you would need to do is to spawn a high level bandit chief with couple of bandit marauders that would attack the player. Maybe give them some fancy spells if player level is above 15 (paralyze for example).

It would be quite unfair but again - nothing would happen until someone would use that toggle in MCM.

It would also give ppl time to set up their outfits, keybinds, future master, that expected earnings etc etc etc.

I wish to ask, that will be able the new version to remove the bandit friendliness by updating or we will have to start new game?

Anyway, thanks for your work again and sorry for the lot of complains of mine. I was an idiot when I didn't check the papyrusutil thread regularly.

Bandits won't be unfriendly - they will enslave you and sell you if you are alone. If you meet them together with your mistress she may save her skin by giving you as tribute to the bandits.

That's the plan (parts of that are finished)  - but there are some obstacles that I currently try to manage: the nav meshes in most of the bandit holds and camps are not made to let the NPCs act with AI - they are stumbling around like zombies, unable to avoid traps and open doors.

It seems they are completely made to be coulisse and cannon fodder only.

If I don't find a way to control their AI in a better way I make them unfriendly.

However - I managed something similar in taverns so I hope that it is possible in holds too.

One possible solution that I currently test is to switch the gamer control over to the NPC - so you are playing two parts and not just being locked in a furniture or cage...

As a by-product 1.11 will introduce a new camera control there you can switch you P.O.V. between all actors of a scene. 

Thank you for the clarification.

These planned new features look promising...

@zaira - Don't forget that microsoft supplies an Express Edition of Visual Studio. Is it possible to create an SKSE plugin using the Express Edition?

Thanks for the tip - I have managed to create a SKSE plugin that is able to create outfits from form arrays - so I don't need hacks any longer - great!

I don't think this is a Maria bug or problem, but my mouse scroll wheel isn't letting me adjust how close up or far away my perspective is... I think I just pressed the wrong button.  Does anyone know?  Any ideas?

Try using a blacksmiths bench or similar piece of equipment

I don't think this is a Maria bug or problem, but my mouse scroll wheel isn't letting me adjust how close up or far away my perspective is... I think I just pressed the wrong button.  Does anyone know?  Any ideas?

Do you have a First-Person Mod Installed (where you can see your body in first person view) ?

I don't remember the name of the mod (Immersive First Person?), but  it consist of an esp and a skse plugin. I hat the mod installed, but the esp not activated and with that constellation i had the same problem with the mouse wheel.

With the esp activate the mouse wheel worked again

I think about removing the whole intro stuff - it never was intend to be a essential part and if it cause so much troubles I will remove it because I want to concentrate more on the daily business of slavery...

I wouldn't do this. This could be the beginnging of telling a story. And in my opinion mods like yours are even more interesting if they have a story.

Just my 2 cents.

I think about removing the whole intro stuff - it never was intend to be a essential part and if it cause so much troubles I will remove it because I want to concentrate more on the daily business of slavery...

I wouldn't do this. This could be the beginnging of telling a story. And in my opinion mods like yours are even more interesting if they have a story.

Just my 2 cents.

yup - imo there is two issues

minor one of your owner not leaving the house - this could be solved by adding something that you would be taken for first whoring job when owner wakes up.

more serious one with issues after whipping. Well, some whipping scenes does not cause issues - for example the one when owner makes you spent the night on Xcross in the inn.

So maybe there are some differences between them that you can look for.