View File

11/06: Added an alternative version (it's just an update, main package is required).
It adds a new option in MCM that allows to bind a new hotkey (Emergency Key). When this key is pressed in game, it will remove AnT key binding on the numpad, and when pressed again it will re-enable it of course.
This was made because a user made me notice that other mods can use the numpad (i.e. SO Positioning) and there are not so many practical keys to bind on the keyboard.

03/01/15: Added 2 gorgeous themes for a total of 6, thank you Viktoria

AnimTool (AnT) - Ver. 1.5 AB Re-Up
------------------------
Description
------------------------
Some days ago I started again working on animations and I did this simple tool to try them in game. Then I found that could have been a nice tool for other people too, so here it is.
Basically, it allows you to invoke an animation after you chosed it from a menu, on you or on a target (NPC or Creature)
Everything works in GameMode (realtime), because I can't suffer MenuModes. Actually it contains around 300 animations divided in 8 categories.
Keys and other stuff are configurable via MCM.
In future, I still intend to change things, like the default key, the list etc.etc. concerning the needs. Also I hope to *find* soon of some function to write and read a file, it would be pretty useful.

------------------------
Purpose
------------------------
Machinima, screenshots, testing animations. When I play, I use it for RP (RolePlay: it won't be a karma counter that tells me how good I am... I want to blow kisses to other NPCs. Or taunt them, in case I feel mean. Or drink from a bottle. Or eat something. Etc.etc.).
So, the main purpose is strictly related to animations. But also I wanted to give the possibility to make custom lists of animations. Basically, if you have some animations and you would like to release them, but you miss a way to invoke them and don't like scripting, you follow a procedure I described inside a pdf and then you re-package everything and re-distribute it.
The actual limit, in terms of numbers of animations, is 9 categories of 50 animations = 450 animations, + 1 category reserved for AO (=50 AOs)

------------------------
How to use it
------------------------
Please watch the video here, until the end:

------------------------
Installation
------------------------
- Requires last NVSE
- JIP NVSE. You can find it here
- JIP UIO is mandatory now, it's pretty stable and works very well. You can find it here JazzIsParis' UIO
After that, download the Main package v15 AB.zip, unpack it inside your data folder (or use FOMM), activate AnT.esp in your load order. Done.
Inside the package there are further instructions in case you have troubles.

- Create your own animation package (GECK is optional)
Download the file "Optional - Custom Anims package" and follow the instructions included in the file

NOTE ABOUT LOAD ORDER: the esp doesn't require a specific position, however it contains a dirty edit that should solve some problems with mods that prevent animations to play (i.e. some pose packs). So, if you put AnT.esp lower in your load order, it should "clean" that issue.

------------------------
Incompatibilities
------------------------
Script itself shouldn't have incompatibilities, except pretty absurd cases i.e. you prolly can't open the menu while you are sprinting with some sprint mod or PN... :P
But for what concerns huds, they are a delicate beast to handle, that's why I suggest UIO which should tame the beast for you.

- Darn UI changes the fonts. So the strings won't be perfectly formatted. Still, it's perfectly usable, just a bit more ugly.
- Due to no answer from Gopher, I can't provide explicit compatibility with uHud. However, you can still make a manual install of this after you installed uHud and it should work. Don't forget that if you re-activate uHud, it probably will revert the changes you made manually, so you'll have to re-do them

------------------------
Permissions
------------------------

This mod can be considered free for non-commercial use only.

However, from this free permission are EXCLUDED any asset I could list down here:
- antCat6Anim48.kf and antCat6Anim49.kf
------------------------
Credits and love
------------------------
hlp, JazzIsParis, luthienanarion, Odessa, prideslayer, doctasax, tomm434, Umpa, Xilandro

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/04/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    Last NVSE, UIO

Great job. We really need a mod like this for Skyrim.

FNIS Spell. It isn't very different. You can replace its own files with your animation files (naming them properly) and trigger them in game. However it is in menumode and not in real time... but skyrim should give the possibility to handle menus in realtime, I saw there are widgets, so why not...

@Doctasax next step is automating with Event Handlers... :)

no, if it's completely invisible then some step in the installation was made wrong. Are you using UIO or you did it manually?

Invisible hud in case of Automatic installation: not all the files were unpacked in the right place or UIO is not generating the file at runtime, as it should do.

Invisible hud in case of Manual installation: the procedure wasn't followed exactly. Can't blame, I'm not the best in explaining things in english. But I do want to make my best to make it work if you allow me to help you

I'm using the automatic version with UIO. i Just followed the readme included. 

From readme.

Automatic installation (REQUIRES UIO)
1) Install UIO if you don't have it: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/57174/?
2) Use FOMM package manager to install the mod, or unpack all the content inside your Data folder.

I downloaded the version from nexus first and put the data of your mod in Data folder. Actually, the mod is working with MCM menu at all but the part where i need hold "I" key, i just got an invisible HUD, no animation menu to select them, no health bar, AP bar, etc. It's like using TM command.

EDIT: Could be oHUD another issue?.

Thanks!.

no, the other huds shouldn't conflict if UIO is making its job.

- Check inside <nv folder>\Data\menus\prefabs\AnT if you have a file called ant_hud.xml

- Check if inside <nv folder>\Data\uio\public you have a file called AnT.txt

If they both are there, could you please attach to a post the log file of UIO? it is inside <nv folder> (not Data), and it's called "ui_organizer.log". If you find a ui_organizer.log0 you could upload it too, please

EDIT: anyway, tomorrow I want to check the content of One Hud, just to be twice sure

• 3 weeks later...

Glad you like it. To loop an animation, you must select the Loop key when you open the interface (you will see a LOOP sign appearing on bottom right of the display). However, when you are storing the idles on the hotkeys, it will store the Loop state. This means if you stored a dance on the 1st hotkey, for example, without the LOOP on, if later you activate LOOP the 1st hotkey still will trigger a dance without loop. In this way you can store both idles which can repeat or not repeat, you decide it. I... hope to have explained well what I mean...

Also, some dances can't be looped. I mean you can select the Loop option, but then in game you will see they "jump" a little, they are not made to loop. When you capture a video, you can make good work with copy paste to hide these things :)

I still can not figure out how to make the idles loop.  looking at the menu after holding down the I key.  I see loop on/off  and under that A/D, but pushing a or d cycles the menus it does not loop.   BTW, for dancing loops, I loaded 6 dances in buttons one thru 6 and just keep pushing a different button every few seconds, made a pretty nice dance all together.

One thing that I noticed, on the falling to the floor are passing out. it would be good if the toon stayed on the floor for a second or so, as I noticed at least one of them the toon pops right up.

I really like this, I am trying the make a machinima story of my new toon, and these idles are helping.

To enable / disable the loop, the key should be the Grab key (Z by default) and not A / D, those keys written in the interface are wrong!!! I probably uploaded an old version of the file, sorry -_- I'll upload a corrected version ASAP, but in the meantime you still can enable the Loop pressing Z

"One thing that I noticed, on the falling to the floor are passing out. it would be good if the toon stayed on the floor for a second or so, as I noticed at least one of them the toon pops right up."
I didn't understand this part, could you explain me better please?

To enable / disable the loop, the key should be the Grab key (Z by default) and not A / D, those keys written in the interface are wrong!!! I probably uploaded an old version of the file, sorry -_- I'll upload a corrected version ASAP, but in the meantime you still can enable the Loop pressing Z

"One thing that I noticed, on the falling to the floor are passing out. it would be good if the toon stayed on the floor for a second or so, as I noticed at least one of them the toon pops right up."

I didn't understand this part, could you explain me better please?

There are a couple idles where the toon falls unconcious.  One of them the as soon as the toon hits the floor the animation ends and it pops back up, the other the toon animation keeps going for a bit with the toon laying on the floor.  the second is better, cause it shows the toon unconcious on the floor for a time before the animation ends.

Thank you for the info on Z key.  I have not played all the idles yet.  As I said I like this mod.  I will let you know if I find any problems.  I have had some problems sinking partway into the floor, but I am not sure what mod is causing that, as I installed 15 mods at once lol ,<Like the idiot I am>

I agree, that "fall down" idle is nice but it could be made different. I can modify the animation. Just give me the exact name you find on the display, and I'll make it as you need.

About the sink: if you fall down under the ground while you are playing a idle, I'm not sure it's a problem of some other mod. For example, I remember the "sit on the floor" idle has the character sinking a lil under the ground. This is because the idle is made in that way. Same as above, if you need some specific change for some idle for some machinima etc., I could make them.

PS I uploaded the updated version with the corrected themes which show the RIGHT keys ;)

I got every thing working great so far, to work around the not staying on the ground I press the sleep idle favorite button.  I will find the name of the idle, and get back to you, but you do not have to change it for me.

I found some bondage idles that I can not get to work. 

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/34154-fallout-new-vegas-slave-in-pose-150-animations/

this is a link to the fixed esp.  and the mod is on nexus.  Maybe you could add some of these to your mod, OR show him how to make your interface LOL

Just a suggestion.  Love your mod and am using it fine.

I think I downloaded an up date that fixed all the a/d, and shows the loop and reset stuff correctly now.

Did you try make them working on your own? There's a separate pdf that explains you how to do it, but I'm not sure if I explained well on it...

if they are AOs, you must use the folder Cat1, but anyway ANY animation should work with my interface

Did you try make them working on your own? There's a separate pdf that explains you how to do it, but I'm not sure if I explained well on it...

if they are AOs, you must use the folder Cat1, but anyway ANY animation should work with my interface

I will look at it and see, half my problems are not reading lol.  I will look for the pdf and let you know.

Ok, so i am reading your PDF, on adding animations and have a couple questions.

Cat 0-9.  With your current idles, I have both of you idle mods added.  I think only 0 to 7 cat are used.  Is this correct?

If this is correct the first empty cat is 8

If I only try to add to the first empty cat, then I will not erase any animations?

what happens to the names of the animations if the cat was empty?  are they just blank in the menu?

Or if I add animations to a cat, and add more animations then were there before, what happens to the names of the animations?

The cat folder and the bat files are not there, I only installed the main package, I found them in one of the other files I did not download, I would rather just copy them into the output folder and rename them antCat8Anim1.kt for testing just a couple at a time. there are 83, so doing it this way I can add...rethinking

Wait if I copy all the cat 7 animations from the output folder to the cat 7 folder then add the new animations below them in the cat 7 folder, and run the bat file. As long as the new animations do not start with an "a" then the names will still match up?

Lastly, there are textures with these animations, I would guess that means that the animations that us these textures will not work properly as your esp will not know to call or whatever it does the texture?  Also there are matching nifs for about half the kt files.  should i skip these files with corresponding nifs?

Do I need to give a name to cat 8?  if so how?  

I do not see any place holder for cat9.  Am I suppose to copy these place holders into the cat folder as the first file each time, before running the bat file?

One last thing, the Backup thing you talk about.  Can you tell me more about this I have never heard this term before?

- you can use Cat8, it's fine. You can't use cat9 (without using cat8) because one of the rules is that the cat must be consequential, you can't leave an empty cat in the middle or it won't be read. In the case you really want to use a cat9 but not a cat8, you should put even a single animation inside cat8, like some sort of placeholder.

- after you put the animations you want inside cat8, you must rename the files and then move them inside Output folder (which contains all the files that you will see in game).

To do that, you only need to run the batch file "Rename Cat8.bat": this file will take all the files inside Cat8 subfolder, will rename them using a certain criteria (Cat8Anim[progressive number]) and then will copy them inside the Output subfolder. So, after you have run the batch file, just go inside Output folder and see if you can spot all the new Cat8******* files. If they are there, then you just need to go in game, you will see the new category. Keep in mind these categories are created in runtime when you run the mod, it takes some seconds, always wait the message on top left before opening the tool in game.

- The concept of "backup" is something generic. For example, think if you have a mod that replaces some texture for some gun (just to make a random example...), then you decide to install another mod which will replace the same exact texture. So, basically, if you don't like the new texture, you won't be able to come back to the previous one you had, because the file is overwritten during the installation. So, what you should do, is making a copy of the old texture before overwriting it.

Ok, maybe I chosed a bad example *lol* anyway the concept is simple: before overwriting ANY file, make a copy in some other folder you want. This is "making a backup". In that way, if you do something wrong, you can still take back your copy and go to the previous situation.

- "Wait if I copy all the cat 7 animations from the output folder to the cat 7 folder then add the new animations below them in the cat 7 folder, and run the bat file. As long as the new animations do not start with an "a" then the names will still match up?"

I don't know this one. It PROBABLY will rename following the alphabet, so if you put new animations which start with a letter > than A, they will be renamed as last files.
Keep in mind that the batch files I provide (those Rename Cat files) are just to make your life easier when it comes to rename dozen of files, but they are not the best solution ever. It would need some programmer making some easy and small program that takes all the files and rename them properly, with more conditions etc.etc. but I'm not a programmer and I simply copied these few dos commands on the batch files on internet :)

BUT... if you for example want to add just 1-2 animations to the category 7, and you don't want to risk with the batch file to rename them, then you can simply rename the new files manually, following the same method I used for the other names. So for example ,cat7 arrives till antCat7Anim23, you add a new animation file inside Output and you will call it (manually) antCat7Anim24, it will be read automatically by the mod the next time you start the game.

- "Lastly, there are textures with these animations, I would guess that means that the animations that us these textures will not work properly as your esp will not know to call or whatever it does the texture?  Also there are matching nifs for about half the kt files.  should i skip these files with corresponding nifs?"

textures... I assume you mean they are AO... for example your player has an item in the hands etc.etc. These are a very peculiar case -_-

I hoped you didn't have AOs as first try :)

Basically, if you want to introduce new AOs, you MUST use only Cat1, which is reserved for AOs.

It works in the same way: you put in output the animation file with the name antCat1Anim[somenumber], but then you must add the nif file inside the subfolder AO, and give it the same number. So, for example, if you add an animation with the name antCat1Anim23, then you must add in the subfolder AO the nif file and call it antCat1AO23. At that point, next time you go in game, if you play the 23 animation of the first category you will play your new animation and the player will have that nif object in his / her hands (or wherever it must be).

PS since you're trying it, any suggestions in making the process a lil easier are welcomed.

I do program, but I do not know the commands in the bat file you are using.  I see you are setting c=1 to start.  To skip the animations all ready in the output, you could enter a input command that asks the user for the starting number.  Then c would equal what ever the user entered before creating the new names.  User enters 15 then the next would be  antCat1AO15.   OR you could open the output file and read it til end of file counting all of the cat7's in the name and set that number C= number of Ca7's.  IF there is a cat7 0, then c=number of cat7's -1.

What did you use to make the bat file?

I am going to test the animations without the nif's tehn I will try the AO.

I was JK about the backup thing LOL

it would be surely an improvement, but not the definitive. All this number thing is a bit clunky, because of the limitations we have inside the game, so the external program should take care of more aspects when numbering the files. For example, if you don't like an animation in the middle of the list and you erase it, you will leave a hole in the sequence, and you can't do it, because when the mod reads the number it will stop when it finds a hole. So for example if you have from 1 to 30 but you delete 15, in game you will read only from 1 to 15. So the program that renames should in my opinion check if there are holes and fill them with the new files introduced, or re-number them down, so that the 16 becomes 15, 17 becomes 16 etc.etc. I don't think all these conditions would be even possible in DOS, maybe it would require something else like C++ etc.

The idles I added apparently all need the nif, so they did not work. I would have to add them to th AO section. However, learning all this got his non working mod to work so I can look at the idles and pick some to add.

No promises, but I will see if I can modify your bat to automatically know where to start in the output file, and to rename files if there is a gap.