Considering Switching to CBBE Body, Any Tips?

I don't know why I always do this.  Right now I use UNPB, have most the armors I want, have correctly set up physics with breasts, butt and belly with proper node scaling and now I'm thinking of switching.

I had downloaded a follower who happened to be CBBE and liked the form, maybe because it was different than the rest of the characters in my game.

So here is the catch, I've looked at CBBE and there seems to be many variants.  What I would like is the curvy body (i think), full physics and pregnancy scaling.  Anyone want to share a recommendation on which mods to add to get that?

Right now I use

UNPB Redux

XP32 maximum skeleton 2.13

B3lisario preg body

HDT Equip With Belly and Collision

HDT Physics Extension

Fair Skin Complexion (uncompressed)

I really like the Fair Skin mod and checked last night and didn't see a CBBE version.  Is there something similar?

Of all the mods above other than swapping the UNPB body is there anything else I need to do?

Is there a special mesh needed like b3lisario body for pregnancy?

I know I will have to change all my armors and clothes over but that can happen slowly, start at vanilla and change as needed I figure would be the best way to get the ball rolling.

So any thoughts, suggestions?

CBBE gave me trouble, but some prefer it. Things to keep in mind about CBBE:

1) The standard armours from Skyrim for CBBE etc are not finished by the author. The tool CBBE comes with does not always convert the armours proper, making for strange mangled areas on the armour torsos now and then, or if your character has some belly or weight on the abdomen through a slider it may cause ugly 'pot-bellies'. The tool works best for slim, fairly default CBBE body looks. If you like to have fun with sliders, the low quality of Skyrim's default armours and the tool not making optimal use of them may make for some ugly results.

2) Most content is made for UNP/UNPB and for the 7base body. CBBE falls behind because the slider does not always make the armours look good. Many modders do not want to make a CBBE armour, worrying that people think their product will look ugly, just because the CBBE tool sometimes messes up with adjusting sliders.

3) Changing bodies means adjust a lot of your mods, getting CBBE versions of armours which you now use as UNP/UNPB. People often say the CBBE tool can convert UNP to CBBE, but I find the results often cause clipping or slider issues and do not favour the supposedly simple 'conversion solution' CBBE fans always immediately shout at people. Keep in mind some of your armour mods may no longer be available either. Some authors improve their skills over time and delete their old armours because they find it no longer represents their current skill level with modding. It sucks when a UNP armour you use no longer goes around, making a CBBE unavailable.

4) For me, CBBE often crashed with SexLab mods and I know I'm not the only one. I does not crash with UNP/UNPB. For me, that means CBBE is buggy. But that may have an entirely different reason I never found out. Still, I stay away from CBBE for the above reasons.

5) Copy+paste your Skyrim data folder in its entirety! If it goes wrong, you can delete the now broken data folder and replace it wiih the copied one so that nothing is wrong. Also copy or back-up your mod load order. If you'll replace UNP/UNPB armours with CBBE armours you may have to reinstall mods. Restoring a data folder but not a loadorder file may bug things up too.

Personal opinion: CBBE is not as easy to use as people say when you play with sliders. Sometimes it goes right, sometimes not. Emberheart, my toon, who is a bit stocky, totally breaks CBBE outfits with her sliders. Also, changing bodies is a huge pain. Instead I learned to add sliders to ECE and bones to UNP's bodies. So I'm not lacking sliders that CBBE otherwise offers. Don't be scared by what I said, it's no reason to not try if you really want CBBE.

if you dont plan or use sex mods(because skyrim sucks with those mods and NV were better), or turn this game into a weaboo shit and want something That is a proper fantasy Body, CBBE  + Navetsea's Body textures, Battle hardened body, and Nuska's femalehead + navetesea's Femalehead_N

also ignore what ember said

Thanks Crudo for posting this question. I was doing the exact same thing and wondered if I want this body instead. I will be watching this and if you change please followup with your  experiences here so that others can see the transfer and issues. I will do the same if I bite the bullet. (not so hard since I use MO however I would like the play the game sometime this century instead of play with installing mods :D)

As with any body mod there's always the tradeoffs.

My general knowledge about the UNP family is that there's a wide range of armor and clothing for different kinds of players, and those who don't want to fuss with details (and for those who do, there are variants that allow further realism, motion or both); as for CBBE, yeah, it's pretty limiting but you have more access to skimpier armor, exotic lingerie (Newmiller has 'em in spades), clothing, etc. -- stuff that's slightly hard to find for UNP unless one knows the magic words.

BTW, to find FSC for CBBE, just use the two words in Googling.

Now I haven't tried CBBE with my sexlab mods yet, but I do have a couple profiles with CBBE and never have a problem finding a variety of armors. Now while I agree with Ember on the Outfit Studio not being as easy as some people may say. There are plenty of peeps that have it down and churn out Bodyslide conversions for all sorts of armors.

What mod manager do you use? Might be time to switch to Mod Organizer if you haven't yet, makes Ember's #5 not needed. Would make it easier to switch back to original UNPB order if things weren't working out.

Robton, I actually use some of your armor mods currently.  Good stuff.

I appreciate all the comments so far, as a general statement I don't want this to devolve into a UNPB/CBBE battle, that's not where I'm at.  I actually like UNP/B quite a bit, never got into 7base but maybe I just haven't seen it in game.

One of the biggest negatives I have for UNPB is that for pregnancy mods the only viable option is b3lisario's mesh and it has some weird geometry with the breasts.  At certain angles it looks fine and then from others it's weirdly flattened.  If I had a better solution to that I may hold off.

In either case it can't be that big a deal.  If I don't like it, I switch back.  I playing a new character right now so I probably won't make the switch until I'm bored with her, about a week or two so it will be a bit before I would report back, ritualclarity.

Also, I hear there aren't a great deal of armor/clothing mods but from my point of view my favorites seem to be represented, such as the Ursine, Gwelda and the like.

I'm addicted to HDT/physics so the more armor I can find with breast, butt and belly the happier I am.  Characters seem so lifeless without it.

Just saw your post, dork.  I'm still using NMM.

I've been through this process several times over the years, the last time just a couple of weeks ago. I've never been able to live with CBBE for more than a couple of days, and always come running right back to UNP. So my tip would be to make sure you have a backup.

if you dont plan or use sex mods(because skyrim sucks with those mods and NV were better), or turn this game into a weaboo shit and want something That is a proper fantasy Body, CBBE  + Navetsea's Body textures, Battle hardened body, and Nuska's femalehead + navetesea's Femalehead_N

also ignore what ember said

Your spelling is about as incoherent as a 12 years old texting from his mobile phone. Then you attack sex mods which are pretty much the very foundation of LoversLab. Then you tell the OP to ignore me and the solid advice based on experiences that not just I but also others have concluded, which can be backtracked with the search option? That's utterly biased and you're not being helpful at all. Go back to playing the game if you can't give any constructive imput about it. Your fanboyism of personal content at the cost of not being constructive is not appreciated.

@crudo

I use CBBE with a custom BodySlide preset along with several SexLab mods, and I never had any major issues.  And there has been more recent support for CBBE regarding clothing and armor.  If you want to give CBBE a try, I'd say by all means.  Don't let other people's bias towards one body replacer dissuade you.  And as you mentioned before, you can always switch back if you don't like it.

use all my mods + bodyslide and your gona be all set

use my body packs my xml and we are a bunch converting to cbbe bodyslide so u got plenty stuff

and i never had any issues with any sexlab mods using cbbe, only the sos schlongs dick wont fit too much but that aint that bad

Robton, I actually use some of your armor mods currently.  Good stuff.

I appreciate all the comments so far, as a general statement I don't want this to devolve into a UNPB/CBBE battle, that's not where I'm at.  I actually like UNP/B quite a bit, never got into 7base but maybe I just haven't seen it in game.

One of the biggest negatives I have for UNPB is that for pregnancy mods the only viable option is b3lisario's mesh and it has some weird geometry with the breasts.  At certain angles it looks fine and then from others it's weirdly flattened.  If I had a better solution to that I may hold off.

In either case it can't be that big a deal.  If I don't like it, I switch back.  I playing a new character right now so I probably won't make the switch until I'm bored with her, about a week or two so it will be a bit before I would report back, ritualclarity.

Also, I hear there aren't a great deal of armor/clothing mods but from my point of view my favorites seem to be represented, such as the Ursine, Gwelda and the like.

I'm addicted to HDT/physics so the more armor I can find with breast, butt and belly the happier I am.  Characters seem so lifeless without it.

Just saw your post, dork.  I'm still using NMM.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/16350-bodyslide-armor-and-clothes-list-v2/

Check this list, has plenty of good stuff for CBBE bodyslide.

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1496-bodyslide-caliente-body-reweights/

This little gem here improves the weighting of the HDT CBBE body further. Chronotrigger made a few updates to the weighting a while back, which made CBBE way better than UNP in that regard, at least. Now CBBE has even better weighting, thanks to jonusl2d.

I like CBBE.

CBBE and UNP both suffer from being trapped by the Skill of a Modder when doing conversions. Armor made for CBBE will always work better on CBBE, Armor made for a UNP based Body looks better on UNP. Higher Resolution Skin Textures have been favoring UNP variants because of a very skilled handful of experienced Modders that have chosen to only support UNP.

Playing a character in third person that wears the Sotteta Necromancer Panties is a pleasant site for the CBBE User, when the Havok Engine makes the cheeks jiggle.

EDIT I use Mod Organiser and do keep a CBBE Profile, an UNP Profile, a UNPB Profile and a Dreamgirl Profile. Finding Armors that work with every Profile can be problematic, and I mostly use the UNP Profiles to answer questions about the Nipple Piercings provided by Devious Devices. I have a Body that I created with Bodyslide that is a copy of the Body used for Silverlight Armor in Oblivion. I have full HDT Physics - High Heels and Havok Physics effects with collision, but My character is slimmer than the bodies that many People show in Screenshots. 

@crudo 

For pregnancy you could always use Gerra6's mesh rigger. http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24797-mesh-rigger-skyrim-fallout-oblivion-beta89f-10-26-2014/and find a body mesh that you like and use either a skeleton with the required bones or a body mesh with the required ninodes for the template and add BBP/TBBP to the body. I use it quite a bit to add TBBP for my UNP/7BASE  so I have armors and a body that work when pregnant by doing this. You can also copy havoc as well.

@crudo 

For pregnancy you could always use Gerra6's mesh rigger. http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24797-mesh-rigger-skyrim-fallout-oblivion-beta89f-10-26-2014/and find a body mesh that you like and use either a skeleton with the required bones or a body mesh with the required ninodes for the template and add BBP/TBBP to the body. I use it quite a bit to add TBBP for my UNP/7BASE  so I have armors and a body that work when pregnant by doing this. You can also copy havoc as well.

If I am not wrong if someone got good with using this tool they can do more armors and not be so locked into a particular body type.. Correct?

That might be a nice option but a bit more work to get packages up and running, however once imported they shouldn't have any more issues. My main concern with the rigger is getting a proper body mesh and such that gives the best results. If it isn't a good base for the tool I hear that the results can be less than desirable.

I don't know why I always do this.  Right now I use UNPB, have most the armors I want, have correctly set up physics with breasts, butt and belly with proper node scaling and now I'm thinking of switching.

I had downloaded a follower who happened to be CBBE and liked the form, maybe because it was different than the rest of the characters in my game.

So here is the catch, I've looked at CBBE and there seems to be many variants.  What I would like is the curvy body (i think), full physics and pregnancy scaling.  Anyone want to share a recommendation on which mods to add to get that?

Right now I use

UNPB Redux

XP32 maximum skeleton 2.13

B3lisario preg body

HDT Equip With Belly and Collision

HDT Physics Extension

Fair Skin Complexion (uncompressed)

I really like the Fair Skin mod and checked last night and didn't see a CBBE version.  Is there something similar?

Of all the mods above other than swapping the UNPB body is there anything else I need to do?

Is there a special mesh needed like b3lisario body for pregnancy?

I know I will have to change all my armors and clothes over but that can happen slowly, start at vanilla and change as needed I figure would be the best way to get the ball rolling.

So any thoughts, suggestions?

Stick to UNPB, seriously.

WOW!  I appreciate all the thoughtful feedback and the links to the armors.  There is certainly a lot available for CBBE and a lot in TBBP and HDT which is what I'm after.  Like I said, it may be a few weeks but I will revisit this thread for directions.

One question that wasn't directly answered.  I'm using the Fair Skin texture mod right now and I haven't found anything I like nearly as much.  Not available for CBBE, is there something similar.  What I like about it, other than it is very smooth and clean is that you can get near porcelain tones in skin.  Darker skins have a better range too.

WOW!  I appreciate all the thoughtful feedback and the links to the armors.  There is certainly a lot available for CBBE and a lot in TBBP and HDT which is what I'm after.  Like I said, it may be a few weeks but I will revisit this thread for directions.

One question that wasn't directly answered.  I'm using the Fair Skin texture mod right now and I haven't found anything I like nearly as much.  Not available for CBBE, is there something similar.  What I like about it, other than it is very smooth and clean is that you can get near porcelain tones in skin.  Darker skins have a better range too.

someone did a conversion for cbbe somewhere on LL, you just need too search for it

someone did a conversion for cbbe somewhere on LL, you just need too search for it

It's available now for CBBE, on the Nexus.  Just got updated.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51602/?