Slaves of Tamriel (Obsolete - Please use theFirstHeretic's version)

The new version is somewhat playable, but the dozen shackles on the same cell drop my fps considerably, so it's not much of an enjoyable experience. I'd suggest having it as an option rather than a requirement.

there's ~4800 triangles in the shackles, someone should run optimize or prooptimize on them.

The new version is somewhat playable, but the dozen shackles on the same cell drop my fps considerably, so it's not much of an enjoyable experience. I'd suggest having it as an option rather than a requirement.

there's ~4800 triangles in the shackles, someone should run optimize or prooptimize on them.

I'll definitely make it optional and report the problem to ZaZ. Thanks for the report!

By the way, I'd like to make sure if it wasn't additional shadow lights which causes the fps drop. When you're in the mining room, there are 4 shadow lights active - two lamps, the smelter, and a torch.

You can even try to toggle some of the lights off and see if it makes a difference - every light source in this version can be manually turned on and off by activating it. So, if you have time, I'd suggest you to try turning off them and see if it makes any difference.

I just played it through till the end and had basically no problems, so that's great :). It's very good so far, the cell scene was fantastic. The only issues I came across were minor ones that are kind of inherent to the game engine, like pathing problems and things. Aside from that, all is good, keep it up :D

Thanks, and I'm glad you were able to play it through :)

All these people keep interrupting our off topic discussion by talking about the actual mod. So rude.

I don't care too much when you guys keep bumping up this thread :D

I feared something like that could happen with the new version, as it's much heavier on the resources. However, are you sure that the major overhead is coming from the HDT shackles?

If so, I'll definitely make it optional in the next version. But I thought if there to be any such problems, it would be the additional shadow lights. You can even try to toggle some of the lights off and see if it makes a difference - every light source in this version can be manually turned on and off by activating it.

When you're in the mining room, there are 4 shadow lights active - two lamps, the smelter, and a torch.

I just played it through till the end and had basically no problems, so that's great :). It's very good so far, the cell scene was fantastic. The only issues I came across were minor ones that are kind of inherent to the game engine, like pathing problems and things. Aside from that, all is good, keep it up :D

Thanks, and I'm glad you were able to play it through :)

All these people keep interrupting our off topic discussion by talking about the actual mod. So rude.

I don't care too much when you guys keep bumping up this thread :D

Ah... I just read this after I posted a reply. Then I'll definitely make it optional and report the problem to ZaZ. Thanks for the report!

No clue exactly what's causing it, but I had to run my skyrim on a custom "ultra low" setting and it still lagged. That's a problem being that I run visual studio and a VM at the same time on my mac with no issues...

No clue exactly what's causing it, but I had to run my skyrim on a custom "ultra low" setting and it still lagged. That's a problem being that I run visual studio and a VM at the same time on my mac with no issues...

Just made a quick patch which adds a MCM option to use non-HDT version of the ankle irons. Please let me know if it helps resolve the problem.

(Just overwrite it over the existing installation of the Alpha 5 release)

Patch - Optional HDT Shackles.zip

Hey there,

First, i really like the idea of this mod.

Sadly it is barely unblayable for me. Maybe i have too much mods installed. I will test it.

Main problem after several ctds is, that no subtitles are displayed since alpha 4 and 5.

What can i do to solve this?

Hey there,

Sadly it is barely unblayable for me. Maybe i have too much mods installed. I will test it.

Main problem after several ctds is, that no subtitles are displayed since alpha 4 and 5.

You need to enable all the subtitle options to see them in game. CTD could be caused by many reasons, but there's always some chance we can get some hints by looking at the Papyrus log (you can attach the whole file to your post).

And it's recommended to test it using a new character (possibly by LAL), especially when you experience such troubles.

You can also try disabling other mods which might cause conflict. I know it's much of a hassle but as it's still at a very early stage of development, even I don't have any clear idea of what other mods could be incompatible with mine yet.

So, please try some of the above measures if you can, and let me know if it helps. Thanks!

I'll definitely make it optional and report the problem to ZaZ. Thanks for the report!

By the way, I'd like to make sure if it wasn't additional shadow lights which causes the fps drop. When you're in the mining room, there are 4 shadow lights active - two lamps, the smelter, and a torch.

You can even try to toggle some of the lights off and see if it makes a difference - every light source in this version can be manually turned on and off by activating it. So, if you have time, I'd suggest you to try turning off them and see if it makes any difference.

I won't be able to try that out today, sadly. But I don't think turning shadows off will make much of a difference for me, they're already on the lowest possible quality level since I have a medium-ish rig and I frankly don't tend to care about shadows.

I just finished playing through the mod. Nothing else happens (yet) after getting locked in the cage, correct? Also, the only glitch I had was that in the beginning the guard didn't blow his horn immediately and instead waited about 20 minutes (game time). I'd also recommend making some dialogue for the other slaves so they can talk when in the cages. You could even make the guards whip slaves that talk.

I just finished playing through the mod. Nothing else happens (yet) after getting locked in the cage, correct? Also, the only glitch I had was that in the beginning the guard didn't blow his horn immediately and instead waited about 20 minutes (game time). I'd also recommend making some dialogue for the other slaves so they can talk when in the cages. You could even make the guards whip slaves that talk.

No, there's a feeding scene which should start around 19:10. Honestly, I have little idea as to what could cause such delay before that action, but I'll keep my eyes on them.

And I'll definitely add more dialogues and possibly even sub-quests in the beta cycle. There's a reason why slaves are not gagged when they are in their cells (of course, aside from the fact they need to be fed) :)

By the way, I like the idea of punishing the conversation. Maybe I can write a script that the PC can only safely initiate a dialogue when a guard is away. Thanks for the suggestion :)

Hey there,

You need to enable all the subtitle options to see them in game. CTD could be caused by many reasons, but there's always some chance we can get some hints by looking at the Papyrus log (you can attach the whole file to your post).

And it's recommended to test it using a new character (possibly by LAL), especially when you experience such troubles.

You can also try disabling other mods which might cause conflict. I know it's much of a hassle but as it's still at a very early stage of development, even I don't have any clear idea of what other mods could be incompatible with mine yet.

So, please try some of the above measures if you can, and let me know if it helps. Thanks!

thanks for the support... i was sure subs are enabled.... they wasnt.

now it works.

im always testing with a new character, created by quickstart via Maria Eden-Mod

attached my papyrus-file.

i know its a mess, im still trying to get many mods installed running stable....

but im not into reading this damn file....

maybe you can read some more out of it...

(1,3MB - this time without CTD during entrance-scene)

thanks !

Papyrus.0.log

By the way, I like the idea of punishing the conversation. Maybe I can write a script that the PC can only safely initiate a dialogue when a guard is away. Thanks for the suggestion :)

If you could make it so that the PC gets punished the first time and waits for a safe moment afterwards, that would be great.

im always testing with a new character, created by quickstart via Maria Eden-Mod

attached my papyrus-file.

i know its a mess, im still trying to get many mods installed running stable....

but im not into reading this damn file....

I gave a quick look, and I failed to find any game breaking error messages. However, I noticed that there are number of other mods doing various things with the actors of Slaves of Tamriel.

I would suggest temporarily disabling such mods like Creature Framework (it tried to register those bed bugs for SexLab... I think they are bit too small for that), Maria Eden, FNIS Sexy Moves, and etc.

If it runs ok, then you can try re-enabling each mods to see which is incompatible with it.

By the way, I heard from two users that enabling Maria Eden can cause CTD when a slave is punished in my mod, but it's not confirmed. I tried to test it myself, but it seems that it requires a DLC I didn't purchase.

If you could make it so that the PC gets punished the first time and waits for a safe moment afterwards, that would be great.

I agree. Let's see what can be done :)

First time try this mod, it looks amazing but problem occurred :( 

I got stuck in front the first door, the guard besides my character tell me to knee and wait, and the other guard on the other side said he will open the door. He walks toward the door but the door never open. Therefore I can’t get into the next stage.

I can go through the branding stage without any issue, and I can see the activities inside the mine working perfectly. So there should be no problem with the animations.

Anyone have any ideas?

I got stuck in front the first door, the guard besides my character tell me to knee and wait, and the other guard on the other side said he will open the door. He walks toward the door but the door never open. Therefore I can’t get into the next stage.

I can go through the branding stage without any issue, and I can see the activities inside the mine working perfectly. So there should be no problem with the animations.

Anyone have any ideas?

New character or old save? If old then try a new character and start through MCM.

I believe you can fix mods like Creature Framework and/or Aroused Creatures targeting the bed bugs by changing their race... duplicate their race, rename it, and that *should* stop mods like that from using them.

Urg... I duplicated (and deleted) the Chaurus race in my failed attempt to change its voice, but haven't thought about it! Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that in the next release.

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm afraid I don't have enough information to say anything definitive. So, I think what Thermius said above could be the best option available for now. Or you can just try it again to see if the problem persists, and post the Papyrus log after that.

For me it works like a charm besides some little problem I got in there. I had no dialogues besides one before the guard played his trumpet I had no other dialgues so I had to guess what to do.

Regardless of this issue it worked fine for me got in there got wiped until I got I had to go my way to the branding guy they had a dialogue I did not get of course animations sit down spread legs worked well. I got to the wheel got branded water dumped on me, shackels move to the mining area etc. all worked really well besides the dialogue.

(yes I have fuz roh duh)

I dont use the hdt patch you provided since I had no issues I play with enb and elfx got no performance drops like others seem to expierience so I guess I'm a happy/lucky consumer.

Only issue I had on the second time in the mine I got a rnd ctd when the guard wiped me well bad luck I guess nothing to see in the log.

For me it works like a charm besides some little problem I got in there. I had no dialogues besides one before the guard played his trumpet I had no other dialgues so I had to guess what to do.

Regardless of this issue it worked fine for me got in there got wiped until I got I had to go my way to the branding guy they had a dialogue I did not get of course animations sit down spread legs worked well. I got to the wheel got branded water dumped on me, shackels move to the mining area etc. all worked really well besides the dialogue.

(yes I have fuz roh duh)

I dont use the hdt patch you provided since I had no issues I play with enb and elfx got no performance drops like others seem to expierience so I guess I'm a happy/lucky consumer.

Only issue I had on the second time in the mine I got a rnd ctd when the guard wiped me well bad luck I guess nothing to see in the log.

enable general subtitles in the actual game settings.

Ooooh! This has developed a lot since the last time I tried it!

I tested it earlier today and I think I managed to get to the end without major issues. But I think that the HDT chains shouldn't be required by default. Maybe as an optional replacer? But testing it with the HDT shackles and then again with a static replacement yielded a huuuuuge performance difference. Papyrus seemed to be affected as well, so with a lower framerate the scripts were very sluggish and desynchronised with the rest of the game.

I suggest that if you want more reliable test results across a wider range of systems and configurations you may like to look into reducing the number of things that could impact player's framerate.

Ooooh! This has developed a lot since the last time I tried it!

I tested it earlier today and I think I managed to get to the end without major issues. But I think that the HDT chains shouldn't be required by default. Maybe as an optional replacer? But testing it with the HDT shackles and then again with a static replacement yielded a huuuuuge performance difference. Papyrus seemed to be affected as well, so with a lower framerate the scripts were very sluggish and desynchronised with the rest of the game.

I suggest that if you want more reliable test results across a wider range of systems and configurations you may like to look into reducing the number of things that could impact player's framerate.

Actually, I've already done that :)

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/39463-slaves-of-tamriel-updated-5232015/?p=1189488

I should have uploaded it to the download page and add a warning about the possible performance issue, but editing that page would delete the poll, so I decided to wait a bit before I could get some more feedback.

I was unsure if the HDT shackles were really causing such problems, so thanks for confirming this!

What a wonderful mod! may I have the honour to translate i t into Chinese and upload it to my bbs:www.skyrincitizen.net with credits? If you want my finished work,I will pass it by web U-disk and pm you the address.Thx a lot!

Of course! I'd be grateful, if my mod could become more accessible to the Chinese users by your efforts :)

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but...

THIS MOD IS ABSOLUTELY NOT COMPATIBLE WITH DAWNGUARD

Found this out myself the hard way. Only throught running and analyining it in TES5Edit did I find the cause.

Unfortunately, I can't say anything authoritative about this problem, since I don't have that DLC. So, could you care to elaborate on the cause if you have analyzed it?

And I'd appreciate if anyone has tried running this mod along with Dawnguard could confirm if it's indeed incompatible with the DLC.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but...

THIS MOD IS ABSOLUTELY NOT COMPATIBLE WITH DAWNGUARD

Found this out myself the hard way. Only throught running and analyining it in TES5Edit did I find the cause.

Unfortunately, I can't say anything authoritative about this problem, since I don't have that DLC. So, could you care to elaborate on the cause if you have analyzed it?

And I'd appreciate if anyone has tried running this mod along with Dawnguard could confirm if it's indeed incompatible with the DLC.

I've been running both mods for quite a while (since SOT first came out, actually), and I've never noticed a problem with either Dawnguard or Slaves of Tamriel.

TES5Edit does show some errors, though... but it also shows errors in skyrim.esm and if it works there (which it does :) ) I'm guessing it'll be fine...?

Dialogue topic "heavy breathing" (which shouldn't actually cause any crashes or anything... and I've no idea why this would be conflicting)

Idle Animation "torchevents" (SOT just duplicates Zaz's changes, so if your game runs zaz without errors this isn't your problem either)

post-462261-0-08871300-1432707770_thumb.jpg

post-462261-0-94568800-1432707790_thumb.jpg

EDIT:

For comparison, here are the two bits without dawnguard...

post-462261-0-51108100-1432708075_thumb.jpg

post-462261-0-23144700-1432708100_thumb.jpg

tl,dr

Bottom line... works fine for me, and I can find nothing in TES5Edit that points to any sort of major conflict.

Perfectflame, are you sure you're posting in the right thread?