Slaves of Tamriel (Obsolete - Please use theFirstHeretic's version)

I am having a problem.  I think it may be a problem with the installation.  Whenever I start Skyrim with this mod enabled, the client will start but no game menu appears.  I'm just stuck staring at the Skyrim logo and the fog that appears.

Also, check out the Papyrus log, and  see if all dependent mods are installed. If you find anything suspicious in the log file, please let me know.

SoT, thought I would mention that I incorrectly chose the fourth option in your survey.  Stopped after two attempts.  In my rush to try the mod I forgot to run FNIS, my first attempt after running FNIS and the whole mod ran just as it should from what I can tell.

I suppose the only item to note is that I could not mine any ore.  Had to steal some in order to get marked.  That could just be my lousy stamina management.

Still the most immersive mod I've played on LL.  Amazing work.  I read a few of those illustrations you linked to some time ago that were your inspiration and this mod captures that concept so well.

Hello, sorry for my english, but i'm french.

So, my problem is in the start of the mod. I enter in the mine with a guard behind me, he hurt my PC, and force me to walk forward to the seated guard.

The seated guard order me to sit, and from that moment, my PC stand up with her arms tights on sides. The seated guard say "Put it on the wheel !" and the other guard moving, and my PC follow him. But, there are not the wheel, and form that moment, nothing happens.

I think this is a bug with animations, but I have all of the requirements and requirements of requirements, I load FNIS before playing.

Sorry for my english, really.

Hello, sorry for my english, but i'm french.

So, my problem is in the start of the mod. I enter in the mine with a guard behind me, he hurt my PC, and force me to walk forward to the seated guard.

The seated guard order me to sit, and from that moment, my PC stand up with her arms tights on sides. The seated guard say "Put it on the wheel !" and the other guard moving, and my PC follow him. But, there are not the wheel, and form that moment, nothing happens.

I think this is a bug with animations, but I have all of the requirements and requirements of requirements, I load FNIS before playing.

Sorry for my english, really.

I had this problem once, turned out to be a conflicting mod. Try disabling certain animations or removing mods that add 'idle animations' as an example.

Hi. I'm new to Lover's Lab and this is the first adult mod I've ever played. I'm not used to anything that doesn't practically download itself (I'm a techno-pleb), but I managed okay. I did run into a couple issues, though. On my first go, the guards got stuck at the bottom of the ramp/mining area entrance and wouldn't unlock the gate. I tried moving the npc to my character, but he got stuck again and wouldn't admit her into the mine. I tried reloading, starting a new save, and many other things to no avail. So I uninstalled everything and started a clean Skyrim save with almost nothing but the required mods, immersive FP, and BBP. To my delight, I made it past the guards and completed a full day of mining! The guard got stuck in front of the smelter, but a quick enable and disable fixed him. Unfortunately, I appear to be stuck again after the feeding scene. Nothing happened though I waited and waited. I thought it might've been another NPC hang-up. One of the slaves in another cage appeared stuck between the bucket and the trough, jingling her chains repetitively. Waiting finally fixed this issue and she finally sat down, but nothing else happened. I really enjoyed everything you put my character through so far-the filthy living quarters, the branding, being fed out of a trough, the cruel sting of the crop, the whole atmosphere. I understand this is a work in progress, so is the feeding scene where the mod ends or I am I just stuck? Either way, Bravo on what you've accomplished so far! Although I'm eager to go explore the world of Devious Devices, I'll be keeping a close eye on this one. I hope it doesn't die. 

Edited by Tidescent
Suggestions

Feel free to use or modify any of these ideas without crediting me. If you like my idea for a backstory and characters, I could try my hand at writing some lore friendly dialogue for the new characters and the slaves. While I'm an amateur, I am willing to take direction and I'm patient enough to rewrite things several times to get it right. 

Dialogue changes (I think these sound more natural):

(At the beginning, before being branded) What is it? ----> What do we have here?

Now hold still, so I can examine how much you're worth. ------> Now hold still, so I can see what you're worth.

(After the branding) Wake up, slave! No time to sleep! -------> Wake up, slave! It's not nap-time!

Beautifully done! ----> Beautifully done, if I do say so myself. 

So, this is the new one they've been talking about? ----> Ah, finally some fresh meat!

I just wish it'll last longer than the last one ----> I hope you survive longer than the last one.

Just one? Do it again and I'll beat you senseless next time! -----> Just one? Do it again and I'll beat you senseless! OR Just one? Try harder or I'll beat you senseless next time!

Hold your pussy lips with your fingers and spread them wide! ----> Hold your pussy open with your fingers. Spread those lips wide!

Pull them up, so I can see what's inside! ----> Open up! Let me see what's inside!

(After slaves are secured in their pens) Good, keep your eyes on them. Yes, sir! -----> Good, keep an eye on them. Two eyes, sir!

Possible Backstory

Disclaimer:While this backstory is based heavily on the Lore from previous games, Skyrim doesn't tell us much about what is happening in Morrowind during the 4th Era. Educated guesses have been made.

Tear_Slavery.PNG

House Dres, once one of the great houses of Morrowind (homeland of the Dunmer), was famous for enslaving anyone who wasn't an elf. Their massive saltrice plantations were tended by men, khajiit, and especially argonians. However, during the Argonian Invasion of southern Morrowind, House Dres lost many of it's slaves and almost all of it's territory. The Empire's failure to protect Morrowind later led to it succeeding and House Redoran became the leading house of the province. Meanwhile, House Dres lay in shambles. But the son of a wealthy Dres noble, Meldoth Dremir, had an idea. If using Argonians to grow crops proved disastrous, why not try using Nords to mine gold? He purchased a mine near the border to Skyrim (near Riften) and began discreetly capturing travelers. In order to avoid making the same mistakes, they plan to keep the operation completely under the radar. They target women because they are pleasant to the eye and easy to overpower. In order to keep costs low, they have recruited local bandits and mercenaries with the promise of free food, lodging, and women. 

House_Banner_Dres.png

(Images taken directly from the Elder Scrolls wiki)

Characters

I may add more of these as ideas come to me. 

Morlak:

A burly orc miner with a ruthless attitude and a sadistic bent. He was born in an orc stronghold and there became an excellent miner with a nose for ore. At a young age, he challenged the chief and claimed his wives. But he later left, tired of the constant attempts at his life. When he heard about Dremir, he couldn't resist. His main job is to keep the slaves working as efficiently as possible, although his intimidating size also discourages any sort of revolt. He enjoys watching the women live like animals and will often stop by to bark insults at them while they feed. Those willing to further degrade themselves by making animal noises can earn his favor. His favorite pig often gets promoted to the smelter and hardly ever gets whipped. (This character is meant to be a replacer for the generic mining guard).

Loki:

An young nord bandit with a keen eye but unseasoned skills. He's been tasked with keeping an eye on the slave pens. He enjoys watching women share a bed and rewards those who put on a show for him. His favorite couple can earn time outside their cage to "entertain" the guards (in chains, of course), sometimes earning alcohol in the process. He can also arrange a new cellmate-for a price (blowjob through the bars). (This character is meant to be a replacer for the generic patrolling pen guard).

Meldoth Dremir:

A wise and powerful Dunmer wizard, if a bit dainty. He was born to a wealthy plantation owner and a gifted sorceress. He is the sole proprietor of Dremir and manages the financial aspects of the organization. He hopes to someday rebuild House Dres to it's former glory. He prefers to work alone in his hut on the surface and has little interest in overseeing the operation directly. However, he sometimes visits the mine to dine with his childhood friend, Nathis. If the player somehow manages to gain an audience with Meldoth, he might show an interest in making it a personal plaything, if they are a good dancer or Khajiit (House Dres was well known for keeping exotic pets). For players who prefer a pampered lifestyle, this could be considered the end-game goal (instead of escaping).

Nathis:

A thin, but sturdy Dunmer slave-master. He was born on a plantation owned by the Dremir family. His father taught him the slave trade before he was killed during the Argonian invasion. Because of his close friendship with Meldoth, Nathis is given full control over the day-to-day operations. The only way to gain his favor is to mine a huge amount of ore. However, his bitterness will have him spitting in the face of any Argonian slaves he comes across. Whenever a mining slave does really well, Nathis may promote it to farming on the surface. For every girl that gets promoted, another gets dragged back to the mines (this keeps the slaves from getting complacent). Life on the surface provides comforts like fresh air, starlit cages with warm bedrolls, and frequent baths. (This character is meant to be a replacer for the branding guard).

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, thanks for the help, but still no luck yet :(  ...  if by "try a safe load mod" you were referring to Safety Load mod, well, I installed it from nexus, but the problem persists :(

To give more details on my situation, I use Mod Organizer, with the following mods (in this order):

SKSE 1.7.3

SkyUI 5.1

Unofficial Skyrim Patch 2.1.3beta

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch 2.1.3beta

FNIS 5.5

Realistic Ragdolls and Force 1.9 (needed by XPMSE3)

RaceMenu 3.3 (needed by XPMSE3)

XPMSE 3.21

SexLab 1.60.2 (hotfix 2)

ZaZ Animation Pack 6.05

HDT Physics Extensions (needed by ZaZ HDT WorkShop)

ZaZ HDT WorkShop

JContainers (needed by SlaveTats)

SlaveTats

Dimonized UNP female body

Slaves of Tamriel - Alpha 5

Slaves of Tamriel - Textures UNP Mixed

I have sorted the plugins automatically in MO.

Everything works good without Slaves of Tamriel. But when I activate it, and I enter Skyrim, I only get to see the Bethesda intro, and the Skyrim banner and the rising smoke... no sound, no menu.... and the game freezes in this state, so I can only get out by Ctrl-Alt-Del and killing the process :|

I tried and tried, but nothing seems to work, and it's very strange, because I have the impression that it's something very obvious and simple to fix.... can someone help me out with this, please?

Thanks

Seriously? SERIOUSLY!? Let me guess, the next mod will introduce razors and waxing into Skyrim... :dodgy:

I can only assume that your body hair doesn't grow based on your reaction. BTW the razors are already in there.

Seriously? SERIOUSLY!? Let me guess, the next mod will introduce razors and waxing into Skyrim... :dodgy:

I can only assume that your body hair doesn't grow based on your reaction. BTW the razors are already in there.

It is easy for me to imagine hairless people in a land of lizard and cat people. I suppose the lack of growing body hair in Skyrim has been a major issue for some...

Number of reasons it may not load up one typical is the memory buffer skyrim has at load or some such thing i once read, try a safe load mod.

There are several mods that have such memory fixes, including SKSE, safe load, and enb's memory settings.  You should only use one or you end up with memory corruption and an unstable game.  It's recommended to use SKSE's as safe load eats a esp slot and some of enb's memory hacks can be unstable.

Number of reasons it may not load up one typical is the memory buffer skyrim has at load or some such thing i once read, try a safe load mod.

There are several mods that have such memory fixes, including SKSE, safe load, and enb's memory settings.  You should only use one or you end up with memory corruption and an unstable game.  It's recommended to use SKSE's as safe load eats a esp slot and some of enb's memory hacks can be unstable.

Good to know that. 

However, my problem is still there, and I'm slowly starting to give up on this mod :-/ ...

It maybe something to do with the load order MO has left side for overwrites but the right data side will still determine how its loaded. Some mods like Maria Eden need to be loaded last. Try the loot lite button found just above the data window that may fix the problem. I cant remember if you need to run fnis as well for any animation changes.with SOT but wouldnt hurt to give that a go as well.

• 2 weeks later...