Creating an animated penis

Gayton Kerslut

Ah, I think I solved the issue. I learned in another video you can disable "always deform", move an object into place, and then turn it back on and the warping won't occur.

Still have to do some testing, but this looks promising.

@Thunder

That seems to be the "bronzing" effect everyone hates. Your body doesn't have it, so it looks out of place with the penis "base".

Try the solution here: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29791/

Hmm, maybe try replacing malegenitals_1_sk.dds with a black tile?

textures\actors\characters\SOS\[Add-on name]\

@Vector and/or Smurf:

Your bodies don't seem to include a subsurface map, but the penis does. I think that's the issue here. People might have their own *sk.dds files conflicting with it.

I realize this is an incredibly minor complaint that affects a very few number of people; but any chance of cutting back on the Debug.Trace() calls in a future update?

It's making it hard to debug my own stuff on SexLab with the trace log being 95% lines of SOS DetermineSchlongType, a quick 1 minute session of just loading into Whiterun results in ~900 trace log lines from SOS alone. Apart from the trace log annoyances, that much disk i/o could potentially cause some performance problems for people on slower write speed drives.

@Superman

No that's not the problem really, I don't mind that. I mean how it cuts off, so flatly, like it's just glued on, look at the regular one, it blends into the torso like it's a cylinder, which it should be, being a penis and all. The average however, looks as if somebody played pin the penis on the body model.

@Thunder

Its a spec map issue I believe. If you use the regular one on the Average folder, should fix it (although the meshes are different, we mapped both to use the same UVs). I will replace the spec map on the next installer. (BTW the installer issue was also fixed, thanks to the precious help of B3lisario)

EDIT:

One more question Thunder, so I can better understand your PoV... What you dont like in the potions, is it the potion itself the mechanics and design, OR just the name? I can totally understand that the potion's name might be a huuuuuuuge turn off for some ppl, but to tell you the truth, very early on the mod development I kept asking ppl for suggestions for the potion names... I was very insistive about it, and never got a single suggestion for the having a new name.

@Ashal

You are quite right, I also agree with you, but I'll leave that decision for Smurf to take, because he is the brain behind the scripting

@Offnightmare

Yes. Not the Nexus version yet. But some posts behind at this thread, you can find a patch like file that already has the SexLab hooks working (with some minor nuissant bugs, but working)

PS-Ashal, I can send you the source code aswell, if you want. we plan to eventually make it public, but for you we can send it now.

EDIT (For developers)

As soon as the mod itself (mechanics, scripting, whatever) gets pretty much stable and we get a slack on trying to solve everyone's problems, we will release all our work files (Papyrus Source, PSDs, Blends, 3DSMax...). However, if we are asked for them, for developing purposes, we can share it by request. Setekh for example is doing retex adaptations for some other mod, so I sent him the PSDs so he can use the layers that were used to blend the genitals to the hip, which will certainly save a lot of time and hassle. Just send me or Smurf a msg.

I'm really loving this mod, I want the authors to know that you are fantastic for making it and getting it to work so flawlessly. Really, it adds a level of realism I never thought I would see in a game.

I must jump on the bandwagon of desiring uncircumcised penises, though! Not because I personally prefer the look (I don't really care either way), but simply because I would rather the characters in Skyrim were uncircumcised to reflect the time period. I understand you would have difficulty in making the skin pull back during the erection so I want to strongly suggest not to even bother with such a mechanic and simply allow the foreskin to stay in place. If you could provide a variant of all three of the penises you have available that'd be fantastic, and if it's too difficult to have both circumcised and uncircumcised penises in the game please consider simply having two different versions instead, as I'm sure most people would probably stick to one or the other. :)

thanks tiddle, and like we already stated so many times it will be a difficult thing to achieve, if not impossible (well not impossible, but certainly overly complex!). Personally I think I'd go for something halfway... not fully covering the glans, but also not fully retracted. Just showing a bit the tip, and stay that way on both flaccid and erect.

@VectorPlexus - is if possible to create an arousal mod (based on player gameplay statiscics? Don't really know if possible). An idea is that when you kill a enemy (NPC, not monsters) you gain a stack of erection. At set value (set by player), PC gets a full standing penis with custom texture (veins and etc). With this, combat rape would be more fun.

Changing the potion names is a 30 second job in the CK, I also wasn't too fond of the names but certainly didn't have any issues with them.

I just changed mine to "Essence of the Dragon" and "Essence of the Falmer"

The Mandrake one is fine as it is.

Also: My GOD the Nexus site has some idiots on it!

Didn't try the mod on PC yet as I'm playing female custom race char. I know that schlong can be enlarged and that's cool but I wonder if balls can be enlarged too? D: Or if you're planning to add such funcionality in future.

Also, Superman123 is a true hero. Thank you for working on tg addon.

as explained already some pages ago, SOS includes a feature for modders that we are calling it SubShapes.

These allow, through the use of scaling variables, to scale all the 8 nodes in the rig independently, as the size rank progresses. For example... If I would create an addon that has all values set to 1, but the scrotum set to 2, while using scaling potions, the penis will keep its size, BUT the scrotum will have a 200% scaling. Scaling the scrotum has its limits though, because it starts to clip too much with the legs and starts to look meh...

Also, this feature will enable for addons to be much smaller or much bigger at max size rank. For example if you pick the current addons and lets say the main scaler node (GenBase) has a value of 1.5 (I dont recall the correct value). it will scale 1*1.5 the that node and all child nodes aswell. If you think... "nah... this is to big... I'm pretty much happy with max range being 5", then all you would need to do would be pretty much to reduce 1.5 to 1.25. If however you think its not big enough, then just scale it up!

in essence:

values = 1 No scaling

values < 1 Scale down

values > 1 Scale up

I'm entirely confused by this. A clean install of Skyrim, and SKSE and the UI things have been installed and both work.

I install the SOS mod, and run it with the SKSE .exe. Everything's fine. However there's no option to calibrate the SOS mod, and the change size potions have absolutely no effect.

Does someone mind posting a video on manually installing it. Simply so I can check I have done everything properly. I've given up on using the nexus mod manager.

Great Mod Vector, been waiting with anticipation,  Every thing works great after lots of 'playing' around.

The SexLab hook patch worked great, only thing is they go limp after changing positions.

Anyone else with this or is it just me    =/

very early on the mod development I kept asking ppl for suggestions for the potion names... I was very insistive about it, and never got a single suggestion for the having a new name.

Hmm, sorry I don't know if I saw that one or I could have helped.

Something that sticks out offhand is the incubus from folklore, the male counterpart to the more well-known succubus.

It could be something like "Essence of the Incubus" or something. And for the shrinking potion you could have "Essence of Catholic Guilt".

(Sorry I was raised Catholic and I had to)

Pretty much every culture has fertility gods, demons or other mythological beings that are related to genitals or sex. It's pretty easy to get ideas from them.

Heh, remember the story of Aphrodite's birth? Uranus's genitals were cut off and thrown into the ocean, and from the sea foam arose Aphrodite.

Also, I'll send a PM for those files.

Remember that problem I had on the previous page, no dick at all with SOS?

Yeah, fixed that. Turns out that NMM had for some reason disabled all the ESPs and ESMs having to do with SOS, so the only SOS thing getting into the game were meshes and textures.

So yeah. That's fun.

Anyway, in case anyone else has that problem. There y'all go.

Checked load order?

yeah, the load order has been checked. Its a very strange error.

that said, is SOS supposed to come up in mod configuration under the UI mod?

Yes,  if you're not seeing then you definitely have an installation/loading error.

@Jager

Are you sure SKSE is running? and if so, what version? (if you press the ESC key to get the load/save/etc options, you can check it in the bottom left corner)

Also... some updates

- Both me and Smurf really liked the suggestion for the potion names (Essence of the Falmer and Essence of the Dragon)

- We are also going to enable an option to enable/disable dialogues. We can make something like this:

- Disable completely

- Enable Cheesy Dialogues

- Enable Subtle Dialogues

We will need however new subtle dialogues so we are opened to suggestions. If no suggestions are made, we'll just add the option for enabling/disabling

@Jager

Are you sure SKSE is running? and if so, what version? (if you press the ESC key to get the load/save/etc options, you can check it in the bottom left corner)

Also... some updates

- Both me and Smurf really liked the suggestion for the potion names (Essence of the Falmer and Essence of the Dragon)

- We are also going to enable an option to enable/disable dialogues. We can make something like this:

- Disable completely

- Enable Cheesy Dialogues

- Enable Subtle Dialogues

We will need however new subtle dialogues so we are opened to suggestions. If no suggestions are made, we'll just add the option for enabling/disabling

I'm using 1.06.14. and skyUI works so I genuinely have that right. The issue is SOS doesn't actually work when installed manually or with the nexus mod manager. SOS doesn't show up in mod configuration and very few of the scripts fucntion properly. Only the ones that allow me to wear armours, trigger NPC's to undress and get erections.

I can only really describe the problem to you in terms of what is and isn't working. I honestly don't know whats up.

Archived