Creating an animated penis

Gayton Kerslut

Hmm still trying to get the penis to show, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove my underwear(rofl)...D:

lol.... my character doesn't keep his underwear :D

Thank you guys!!! This weekend will be great!!

Smurf is dealing with all the Sex Lab shenanigan stuff, since he's the SOS programmer and understands how things work much easier then me. I know he already started testing it and use hooks or whatever, but my brain is blond and doesnt understand that thing... I'm mainly dedicating to meshing/textures/havok.

Well, animating a penis is something fairly simple... so you cant really compare it. Animating a full character, specially when you have to pair animations is really complex.

I pulled the tutorial down because I need to update it. v2.03.x brought some changes to addons in order to have the MCM options. I will probably repost it again during this week. But it involves CKing and although it worked with SOS v1.x, I'm not sure if it works for 2.x, will have to check it

I am fairly sure I've got all addons enabled, I've enabled all esm and esp files, like described on the nexus page, and all the addons are visible in the mcm menu. However when I try to unequip the underwear item in my inventory, nothing seems to change besides the little indicator in the inventory disappearing. It seems to unequip the item, but not follow up with any visual changes

Smurf is dealing with all the Sex Lab shenanigan stuff, since he's the SOS programmer and understands how things work much easier then me. I know he already started testing it and use hooks or whatever, but my brain is blond and doesnt understand that thing... I'm mainly dedicating to meshing/textures/havok.

Well, animating a penis is something fairly simple... so you cant really compare it. Animating a full character, specially when you have to pair animations is really complex.

Honestly I don't why I passed it off to SoS to be one to make compatible with SexLab. Thinking about it now it makes more sense for me to make SexLab compatible with it instead. I can bake specific schlong selections directly into animations pretty easily, rather than making smurf need to make animation condition checks for every animation, assuming that was the route he was going anyway. I presume anyway, I have no idea what your api looks like for other mods to animate the schlong.

If he's not too far into it, I don't mind doing it. I was already planning on adding support for frostfall and a couple other mods next release, wouldn't hurt to do SoS while I'm at it.

Ashal, although I also believe so, because its just a regular armor, so if you added support for other armor based penis, thats why we asked that. BUT I'll leave the Sex Lab compatibility discussion to be handled between you and Smurf... right now I think I'm starting to feel the same way (to a less extend obviously) you did when you released Sex Lab... so many questions, and so many ppl having real odd problems, some of them dont even make sense... And I dont know if I even should dare to ask ppl for logs... LOL

Smurf was supposed to be back between 2 and 4th of June (thats why we delayed the release).

I just figured out how to make it work for custom races (at least a custom race that doesn't use it's own meshes/textures). It works fine once I added the globals for size and probability for the normal and vamp race and added them all to the appropriate addon form lists.

right now I think I'm starting to feel the same way (to a less extend obviously) you did when you released Sex Lab... so many questions, and so many ppl having real odd problems, some of them dont even make sense... And I dont know if I even should dare to ask ppl for logs... LOL

Get ready for countless people asking the same questions over and over again, a question likely answered a thousand times if they just bothered to look just a little bit or read and properly followed the install instructions.

And honestly I doubt it'll be to a lesser extent, my mod isn't "Nexus Friendly" whereas yours is and has a pretty good chance of really taking off on Nexus, which in turn will likely result in many more downloads, resulting in many more idiots not reading instructions than you'd get just releasing here.

Unfair and jaded bitterness towards the many who support/use loverslab aside; I mean that as a compliment, I'm sure SoS will do great. Good luck.

Playing around with the customization right now, and either I'm not understanding how this works, or it isn't working very well.

I assume that npc size is well, the size of the penis for each specific race, and the probability is how likely the number you chose for npc size is to show up.(and I suppose the other 90% will be random?) To test this out I left the size at 0 and maxed the probability on all races. I saved, reloaded, then stripped the characters, yet somehow the sizes are still random?

Now for the critiques and suggestions. Things I do like: The animated penis(duh), it's a good idea, and a long time coming.

Things I don't like: The penis shop outside of riverwood, the penis potions in general.(Besides the distilled mandrake.)  The amulet of phalos.(What does it even do?) the corny dialogue to give NPCs an erection.  Underwear in general, as it can appear on NPCs despite me having everything required. PC starting smaller, no particularly interested in the dick growing minigame.(And kinda sad that it needs to be done in order to get the animated penis.)

Good idea but does not work correctly: The race penis size and probability seems to not work correctly, I personally find the feature to be a good idea.(Also, what is the "default" race?)

Suggestions/things to expand on: Build based penis size, the higher(or lower) the body slider the larger the penis(Will make more diverse characters with less random.). longer penis to looks more realistic with greater size(As is, large penises look hilariously thick.). Penises for non-humans: trolls, werewolves, vampire lords,..Giants?.lol.

Would love this mod as a more immersive body replacer, without the extra goofy bits,.or at least have more options(to remove features) customization is never a bad thing. And the less intrusive a mod the better imo.

@Thundercracker

I'm not going to reply how the MCM options work and operate, because I have a huge headache and can barely think now, and Smurf is better suited to answer it because MCM was all his doing. But they do work.

- Morning Wood/Potions: you have to be more specific about what you don't like.

- Amulet of Phalos: Required for the mod to work. It basically adds/removes the spell that allows for schlong assignment to all NPCs. its an item because when we first started SOS, there was no MCM yet, so having an item that can get unequipped to stop the Schlong assignment to stop working when the user needs to was vital. You see, the way the mod works, can cause the brawling bug, so whenever you do a brawling quest you need to unequip it. We will ditch it however for an MCM option in a future release.

- Personally I think the corny dialogues to be amusing

- The underwear, you'll need to be more specific about what you mean

- The growing/shrinking mini-game can be "bypassed" if you just cheat and use the console. "Help Bottled" at the cosole to get the potions IDs and then player.additem XXXXXXXX 10 to add 10 potions to the player.

- The default race is not neccessary but we just included (and because it may be handy in the future). Just ignore it for now

- I think it defeats the mod's purpose to have a schlong based on the body slider. Variety is key. Also, for that to be able to happen, we would have to either make a RaceMenu Plugin (which so far as I know only customizes the player) or make SOS to work that way.

- SOS pretty much allows for anything and everything to be schlongified. Personally my priorities for addons will be Werewolves and Vampire Lords, since shifting into a schlongless race makes no sense.

@PFactor

Although Smurf is working to make SOS compatible with SexLab, it doesnt work yet

the key binds only work if the actor has the Erection magic effect applied:

- On the player, you now should have an erection spell

- On NPCs, use the dialog "Hey stud...", "... I need a fuck"

After the magic effect is applied, you can now use the binds:

- For player press SHIFT + PAGE UP or SHIFT + PAGE DOWN

- For NPCs, over the crosshair over the NPC (Must show the E option for use/dialogue) and press PAGE UP or PAGE DOWN.

You can also change the binds via MCM module, but the new binds will only work after saving and reloading I think

@Umbratotalus

You can install it manually, but since the mod has several options, those options are scattered through the folders. Installing manually will probably render you issues. We will prepare a manual install soon, and have the options as different patch like archives, that way its easier to get it manually installed.

@VectorPlexus

-The store itself, it's a big and rather intrusive addition for someone who simply wants an animated penis.

-The potions are a silly addition as well, they feel better suited for a series like Fable than Skyrim. The names of the potions, the fact that they show up on enemies..

-I find them the dialogue to be unnecessary and of course CORNY xD. It also adds just a little bit more extra clutter on my list of dialogue options. 

-I believe that issue was solved for me. Basically, I followed every instruction and had the mod working perfectly, but some people still had underwear. I think it had to with my losing the amulet of phalos.

-Yes, yes, I know about the console commands, but regardless, the items still exist, and it adds to the unnatural, un-immersive and intrusive feel that this mod has.(Basically why I would prefer more options, I prefer a few second longer installation process to having things I don't want/need in my game.) My preference personally, would simply have an MCM option to choose my PC's size. 

-Yes but variety and random are not the same thing. A simple option to have penis size higher based on weight would be appreciated. I don't know if it's simple to implement or not, if I knew anything about this process I'd probably be building my own mods instead of offering suggestions. Every character in game has their own weight class, the variety would still exist, there would just be slightly more control to it. I mean, we already have race, and apparently the option exists to make the chosen size for any given race show up with 100% probability.(Doesn't seem to work for me..but still.)

-Good to hear, 

In closing I guess I would say that the mod is a bit too "campy" for me. The animated penis, diverse sizes and race based sizes, are welcome to me, as a body replacer alone I would consider this the best male mod that's out there right now. I'm just sort of making an appeal to having some options to make the mod less conspicuous, and of course throw forth some ideas that may or may not be possible to implement. 

@Crints

No just you :P

Hey Thundercracker, thanks for your feedback!

Playing around with the customization right now, and either I'm not understanding how this works, or it isn't working very well.

I presume i explained it pretty bad, and it is indeed not straight forward

The reason it is so weird is because we have to achieve multiple things with one option value, because the number of options we can have on a page is very limited. Here is how addon-race specific settings work:

schlong size probability

determines how likely it is that this schlong type will be small / large for that specific race, whereas 0 means equal distribution of all sizes ( default ), negative = more small schlongs, positive = more big schlongs  

-100 = all people of that race will have tiny schlongs (if they get this schlong assigned)

-70 = most people of that race will have small schlongs, theoretically 30% of the people which get that schlong assigned will still have the chance to have a schlong of arbitrary random size

100 all people of that race with this schlong have huge schlongs  

schlong selection probability

determines a relative probability that this addons schlong will be assigned to people of the specific race  

e.g. if all compatible schlongs have a probability of 100 then each schlong has an equal chance to be selected as a new schlong for an actor. However if 2 of 3 available schlongs have probability 100 and one has probability 10 then effectively the two first have chance of ~47,6% to be chosen and the last schlong has a chance of ~4,76% to be chosen.

So the default value of 10 still means that all schlong addons will have an equal chance to be assigned to people, but you can easily boost your favourite up to 100 without messing with the relative probabilities of the other schlong addons. In the case of 3 schlong addons with 10, 10, 100 that would give your favourite schlong addon a effective probability of ~83%.

Note that these settings only affect the process of assigning a schlong to a NPC, it will not change NPCs that already have a schlong and size assigned. To see the effects of these settings you either have to go to a region where you have not "schlongified" the people, or use the "clean" option to make the affected NPCs available for getting a new schlong reassigned.

I am sorry this is so complicated but it was the most reasonable way i could find to implement it with the limited resources available.

Things I don't like: The penis shop outside of riverwood, the penis potions in general.(Besides the distilled mandrake.)  The amulet of phalos.(What does it even do?) the corny dialogue to give NPCs an erection.  Underwear in general, as it can appear on NPCs despite me having everything required. PC starting smaller, no particularly interested in the dick growing minigame.(And kinda sad that it needs to be done in order to get the animated penis.)

The amulet of phalos triggers the spreading of schlongs to NPCs. You can unequip it to prevent this schlong-spreading, which is required to complete brawl quests, because they forbid the use of spells, and the script that adds the automatic (un)equipping of the schlongs to the NPCs is inflicted upon them via a spell.

The penis potions are there because some people will want to "tune" their own or their followers, (or whatever favourite NPCs) schlnogs to their preferences. Instead of adding dozens of complicated dialogue menus we thought this to be the more user and "lore" friendly approach to add these features.

The underwear should only appear on NPCs that do not qualify for any schlong. If it is there even though the player has a schlong then it is a bug and we will probably fix it soon.

The PC starting with minimum schlong was our choice and we like it that way. If you start a new game you also start with no money, and you have to earn it. If you do not like it you can cheat with the console and be rich in an instant. If you want a huge schlong for free you can cheat and add some size increasing potions to your inventory.

We think that this way everybody can get what they want, but if it turns out to be such a major issue for many people we might think about adding "cheating options" to the MCM menu.

More addons and race specific special schlongs will definitely come in the future. I have some plans on my own but we also put a lot of effort into making it as simple as possible for others to create and add sos addons of their own.

Nevertheless we are always open for expanding on new ideas, we will move on to that once we get those post-release glitches sorted out.

Archived