Sexlab Aroused Redux December 05 2016

Hey +fishburger67 :)

I was just over at the SL Defeat thread asking Goubo about his mod's method to getting the player's gender, and that being the only one thing I would really like patched from the old Aroused mod (me being a simpleton player who barely knows how anything works :P) I was wondering:

Does SL Aroused Redux get the proper gender from the player even as they may have used a mod to force SexLab to, say, treat a female character as Male? (for transgender characters [looking at you, "hold 'N' to masturbate" feature!]).

Still playing an old save and don't want to risk breaking things that are working smoothly by updating such an important mod, so figured I'd ask instead!

Aroused was about to get patched to get the proper gender from the character, and then suddenly the author poofed :(

Even if no other mods properly checked the player's gender I think it would be just enough for SL Gender Change users if one of the most (if not the most) used mod/sub-framework would do it (though +Goubo has gracefully agreed to patch that feature in for the next update :)).

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

P.S.: Wouldn't hurt to also get the gender check on SexLab Slaves for the "bonding" scenes, when/if you get the chance :) Marvellous mod as already stated over there!

Hey +fishburger67 :)

I was just over at the SL Defeat thread asking Goubo about his mod's method to getting the player's gender, and that being the only one thing I would really like patched from the old Aroused mod (me being a simpleton player who barely knows how anything works :P) I was wondering:

Does SL Aroused Redux get the proper gender from the player even as they may have used a mod to force SexLab to, say, treat a female character as Male? (for transgender characters [looking at you, "hold 'N' to masturbate" feature!]).

Still playing an old save and don't want to risk breaking things that are working smoothly by updating such an important mod, so figured I'd ask instead!

Aroused was about to get patched to get the proper gender from the character, and then suddenly the author poofed :(

Even if no other mods properly checked the player's gender I think it would be just enough for SL Gender Change users if one of the most (if not the most) used mod/sub-framework would do it (though +Goubo has gracefully agreed to patch that feature in for the next update :)).

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

P.S.: Wouldn't hurt to also get the gender check on SexLab Slaves for the "bonding" scenes, when/if you get the chance :) Marvellous mod as already stated over there!

Hot on something else atm (Sex Slaves), but I'll get back to you soon.  Sex Slaves does the normal getsex()==0.

Sorry my misspell:

Please let the peaple use "only" version 16 loose file !!!!!

I had the same problem - even deledted v16 from Mods file in Mod Organiser folder and then reinstalled, edited saves with SaveTool. Wasn't until I installed the 'loose' vserion that the correct version number appeared on the MCM screen

Once again, there is no difference between loose and bsd versions.  You have some loose files left over in your scripts directory.  Not sure how mod organizer works, that may be the issue.  If you want to use the bsd version, uninstall the loose version and then manually (outside of mod organizer) look in the scripts directory and delete any sla*.pex files you find and then look in the scripts/source directory and delete any sla*.pex files.  Do not depend on Mod Organizer to do this for you.

Might want to advise caution under certain curcumstances...

sla*.pex leaves it open to remove slattraction*.pex/slattraction*.psc (if they are useing an unpacked version of attract)

slattraction*.pex/slattraction*.psc are not files of Aroused.

I know it sounds and looks obvious, but there's a lot of people that know nothing more then what some mod manager tells them, let alone where their mod files are.

(Glad I'm not one of those people)

Possibly because I am just tired and having a hard time figuring it out on my own. I was looking around for clues as to how someone can fool the Aroused Redux mod into thinking that a female character is a male character such as in the case of considering it a shemale for the purpose of having the Orgasm trigger reset on oral animations.

Hi Fishburger67,

I am sorry that I should ask this stupid question. How can I use SAR in Loverslab? How is this mod working with other mod?

I guess SAR itself does nothing except making people aroused, right?

If people are aroused, then what? Is it linked to Submit or Defeat for next action of sex?

Is it possible that SAR can lead to or create next action or sex animation itself without handing over next action to other mods?

Hi Fishburger67,

I am sorry that I should ask this stupid question. How can I use SAR in Loverslab? How is this mod working with other mod?

I guess SAR itself does nothing except making people aroused, right?

If people are aroused, then what? Is it linked to Submit or Defeat for next action of sex?

Is it possible that SAR can lead to or create next action or sex animation itself without handing over next action to other mods?

SAR does nothing by itself, but is required by lots of other mods.  If the mod you are interested in requires SLA, SAR will work in it's place. 

Depends on what you want to do.

I have a issue where a followers 'time rate' gets set to zero and sticks there. Using the slider in the MCM menu has absolutely no effect, and it's pretty hard to get them aroused apart from walking in front of them naked for a day or having lots of sex in front of them. It'd be nice if the slider worked (or alternatively if I knew why the rate dropped down to zero and what changed it I could behave accordingly).

I have a issue where a followers 'time rate' gets set to zero and sticks there. Using the slider in the MCM menu has absolutely no effect, and it's pretty hard to get them aroused apart from walking in front of them naked for a day or having lots of sex in front of them. It'd be nice if the slider worked (or alternatively if I knew why the rate dropped down to zero and what changed it I could behave accordingly).

Slider works fine, you have some other issue.  Lots of mods set these values outside sla.  I would check for that.

Um. Yeah. I think I have a problem.

So I recently wanted to upgrade from Aroused to Aroused Redux. Followed the instructions and everything, disabled Aroused, enabled Redux, but Aroused doesn't seem to be replaced by Redux, since the mcm still has the old Aroused menu.

So then I thought, maybe I first have to enable neither Aroused nor Redux, so I disabled both of them. And I clicked the skse launcher and it immediately crashed back to the desktop after showing the logo for about half a second.

So I enabled Redux again and it didn't crash, but the game still only ran the old Aroused.

And now I don't know what to do. 

Any suggestions on what to do?

Am I fucked?

The old aroused is not running. That is the new redux. The MCM menu is the same. No, you are not fucked. 

-C

But it still says version 15. Shouldn't it say version 16 then?

Disable all arousal dependent mods when you disable arousal.

That may be it. I'll try that.

Normally, what I do to upgrade any mod will be:

1. Use its MCM to deativate (if any)

2. Save 1

3. Exit game

4. Disable the mod in mod manager

5. Enter game, Load save 1, wait 2-3 min., Save 2

6. (Recommend) Use savetool to clean any orphan script/instance in save 2

7. Activate new version of mod in mod manager

8. Enter game, Load (cleaned) save 2, wait 2-3 min., Save 3 (you can continue with game play from here too)

Um. Yeah. I think I have a problem.

So I recently wanted to upgrade from Aroused to Aroused Redux. Followed the instructions and everything, disabled Aroused, enabled Redux, but Aroused doesn't seem to be replaced by Redux, since the mcm still has the old Aroused menu.

So then I thought, maybe I first have to enable neither Aroused nor Redux, so I disabled both of them. And I clicked the skse launcher and it immediately crashed back to the desktop after showing the logo for about half a second.

So I enabled Redux again and it didn't crash, but the game still only ran the old Aroused.

And now I don't know what to do. 

Any suggestions on what to do?

Am I fucked?

You need to uninstall the old aroused and install the new.  Instructions on the main page.

You don't need the old one, this one is a complete replacement.

kay thx for teh info

tho i must be fair i do not understand thaies instal instructions 

Installation

1. Start up a save and turn off the cloak spell in MCM, wait a full minute, then save your game.

2. Exit Skyrim and uninstall the old Aroused.

3. Install the new Aroused and run LOOT or similar

4. Reload your save and wait a few minutes for the "Aroused is ready to use" message and off you go.

?????

You don't need the old one, this one is a complete replacement.

kay thx for teh info

tho i must be fair i do not understand thaies instal instructions 

Installation

1. Start up a save and turn off the cloak spell in MCM, wait a full minute, then save your game.

2. Exit Skyrim and uninstall the old Aroused.

3. Install the new Aroused and run LOOT or similar

4. Reload your save and wait a few minutes for the "Aroused is ready to use" message and off you go.

?????

It's just so the 'sexlab aroused is ready to use' message won't keep popping up every time you load a game. You can do just what it says,

• install old aroused,
  • go into the mcm menu,
  • turn off the cloak spell,
  • wait a real time minute,
  • save,
  • exit,
  • uninstall old aroused,
  • install aroused redux,
  • put it in the same spot that the old aroused was in.
  • then reload your save.

That's it.

Or you can just let it pop up every time. It's not that noticeable if you've got a couple others pop up every save load like I do.

I thought that the 'sexlab aroused is ready to use' message popping up every time you load a game had been fixed a release or so ago.  The installation instructions still apply for anyone with a current save using the old aroused, but I think that if you start a new game with SAR you'll only get that message once.

Hi fishburger67,

Thank you for the mod, it is working fine, except sometimes the arousal is not increasing with certain actors (if I go to another one it is working) this is not a big issue, my problem is the PSQ Succubus mod. It has an add-on with arousal, which automatically transform you to succubus form at a certain arousal value, also force you out of succubus form if arousal is low.

This feature is not working with your remake. Could you make this compatible with your mod, please Master:)

PSQ              http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/667-psq-playersuccubusquest-for-sexlab/

Aroused option:    http://www.loverslab.com/files/download/667-psq-playersuccubusquest-for-sexlab/

Sorry...it is a shame, my bad, your mod working perfectly. I just needed to transform at least once for arousal to kick in. It is working.

Ignore PSQ succubus part of my post, thank you.

I thought that the 'sexlab aroused is ready to use' message popping up every time you load a game had been fixed a release or so ago.  The installation instructions still apply for anyone with a current save using the old aroused, but I think that if you start a new game with SAR you'll only get that message once.

Might have been. I hadn't updated recently.  :lol:

I just recently had this problem with the old Arousal mod that made it so arousal would get to 20 and the reset with a "Your desires have been satisfied" message. Decided to try this out but the problem is still there. Also my version is stuck on 15 even though i've followed the instructions. Anyone know a fix to either of these?