Sexlab Aroused Redux December 05 2016

I'm on a new game and a fresh install of Skyrim using SAR from scratch rather than an upgrade of the old SA.

I have a question on the default settings which I have left in place. I've been playing for around seven game days now, pc started with an arousal of 25 is now now down to 21 (pc is still a virgin). I could never quite get my head around the calculation but does this seem normal as it seems quite a slow drop in arousal to me, or is it just that there's been no stimulus so far?

EDIT: I think it needs the first stimulus. I tried with some Daedric plugs and kept casting sparks. It dropped first of all then climbed as you'd expect

I'm on a new game and a fresh install of Skyrim using SAR from scratch rather than an upgrade of the old SA.

I have a question on the default settings which I have left in place. I've been playing for around seven game days now, pc started with an arousal of 25 is now now down to 21 (pc is still a virgin). I could never quite get my head around the calculation but does this seem normal as it seems quite a slow drop in arousal to me, or is it just that there's been no stimulus so far?

EDIT: I think it needs the first stimulus. I tried with some Daedric plugs and kept casting sparks. It dropped first of all then climbed as you'd expect

You need stimulus.  If you want to see it rise, use puppet master and set yourself as an exhibitionist and then take off your cloths.  Your exposure will rise 4 points every 2 minutes (exposure != arousal).  Without any stimulus, your exposure will decline over time.

Other mods change the exposure outside of Aroused.

WOW!!!! I really don't have words to express how I feel right now!!!! Back history: I started playing skyrim on my xbox360 when it first came out the first day. I've been a PC gamer pretty much all my life, so I took that save and moved to my new rig 2 years ago and started modding. Fast forward until yesterday I've been plagued by stutters and crashing. Not to the point where it was unplayable so I tolerated it because I love the game. I was reading your support discussion and thought I would give it a shot to fix my issues. I prolly have over 250 mods active as well. I also read in a prior post about papyrus data transfer tool and removed all my clutter from my save file as well. I played at least 3-4 hours last night without one stutter or one single ctd. Unbelievable!!!!!! This with PDT has turned my old save back into virgin. I just want to say thank you so much!!!! Also to the guy that suggested PDT, thank you bro. I'm on my phone so I can't go back through the posts to get your name. Fish you're awesome.

WOW!!!! I really don't have words to express how I feel right now!!!! Back history: I started playing skyrim on my xbox360 when it first came out the first day. I've been a PC gamer pretty much all my life, so I took that save and moved to my new rig 2 years ago and started modding. Fast forward until yesterday I've been plagued by stutters and crashing. Not to the point where it was unplayable so I tolerated it because I love the game. I was reading your support discussion and thought I would give it a shot to fix my issues. I prolly have over 250 mods active as well. I also read in a prior post about papyrus data transfer tool and removed all my clutter from my save file as well. I played at least 3-4 hours last night without one stutter or one single ctd. Unbelievable!!!!!! This with PDT has turned my old save back into virgin. I just want to say thank you so much!!!! Also to the guy that suggested PDT, thank you bro. I'm on my phone so I can't go back through the posts to get your name. Fish you're awesome.

Thank you for the kind words.

Also, Jack Wow as the guy who recommended PDT and you can find it at PDTWrapper.exe.

I've been using the original version, and have tried upgrading to Redux 12 in the past. It didn't take (I believe my notification window was getting spammed with a single message over and over) and I went back to the original.

Now that you've made it all the way to v16, I'd like to give it another try. As per the instructions, I:

1. Loaded a save.

2. Unchecked the cloak spell.

3. Waited over a minute.

4. Saved

5. Exited Skyrim

6. Uninstalled the old version via NMM

7. Installed the v16 version via NMM

8. Loaded the save

9. Saw the message "Updating to version 16" and waited

10. and waited... and waited.. and waited...

but nothing else has happened. The MCM still has the window for the old version, including the version number. What am I missing?

I've been using the original version, and have tried upgrading to Redux 12 in the past. It didn't take (I believe my notification window was getting spammed with a single message over and over) and I went back to the original.

Now that you've made it all the way to v16, I'd like to give it another try. As per the instructions, I:

1. Loaded a save.

3. Waited over a minute.

4. Saved

5. Exited Skyrim

8. Loaded the save

but nothing else has happened. The MCM still has the window for the old version, including the version number. What am I missing?

That should not be happening (the MCM part).  You no longer get any other notification other than the version 16 upgrade, but you should have a modestly changed MCM menu. 16(20140524) at the top and there should be a cell scan control on the right hand side.  Other that that, you will notice no other changes.

If this is not the case, try making a new save and then exiting and reloading the save.  You should see no update message, but the MCM menu should be as described above.

1. Loaded a save.

3. Waited over a minute.

4. Saved

5. Exited Skyrim

8. Loaded the save

That should not be happening (the MCM part).  You no longer get any other notification other than the version 16 upgrade, but you should have a modestly changed MCM menu. 16(20140524) at the top and there should be a cell scan control on the right hand side.  Other that that, you will notice no other changes.

If this is not the case, try making a new save and then exiting and reloading the save.  You should see no update message, but the MCM menu should be as described above.

If the MCM still doesn't change try opening the console and entering:-

setstage ski_ConfigManagerInstance 1

(capitals don't matter) This will force MCM to search for all MCM menus again

1. Loaded a save.

3. Waited over a minute.

4. Saved

5. Exited Skyrim

8. Loaded the save

If the MCM still doesn't change try opening the console and entering:-

setstage ski_ConfigManagerInstance 1

(capitals don't matter) This will force MCM to search for all MCM menus again

Thank you Fredfish.  Can I quote you on the troubleshooting forum?

Hi Fishburger,

Why don't you delete version 16 clean and leave only version 16 loose file which is only working file and " No problem at all".

I spent hours with version 16 and it never upgraded from 15 to 16. What a waste !!!

Please let the peaple use "only" version 6 loose file !!!!!

This is so simple ! You confused so many people with wrong file.

Other than that, I respect your upgrade work and thank you tons !!!

You know, you people need to realize if one version of a mod is working and others aren't, your first response should be "I've encountered a problem with such-and-such file", not "your other versions don't work, remove them immediately!", not "gimme back the old version because I can't get the latest to work!"

Hi Fishburger,

Why don't you delete version 16 clean and leave only version 16 loose file which is only working file and " No problem at all".

I spent hours with version 16 and it never upgraded from 15 to 16. What a waste !!!

Please let the peaple use "only" version 6 loose file !!!!!

This is so simple ! You confused so many people with wrong file.

Other than that, I respect your upgrade work and thank you tons !!!

I am guessing that you had some loose files from a previous version in your script directory.  If you have the .bsa version installed, look in your scripts directory for files starting with sla.  There should be NONE.

.bsa and loose are identical.  The difference is that the loose version will overwrite any old files in the scripts directory.

request, slider for SoS - SAM; erection arousal level configurable. Those things have a mind of their own -- perhaps even a randomize option?

Edit,  this helps add a visual cue to LoversVictim etc.., example: when TDF dancing and you're trying to avoid a gang rape. Edging the clientele, to the point of no return, make them more willing to pay.

Could it be possible to modify the Lover's Desire effect to make it harsher ? Losing a bit of XP is hardly reflective of what max arousal is like.

Xp gain reduced by half, less movespeed, less carry weight, less regeneration, etc and it would be closer.

I agree with your assessment, but I have tried hard to make sure this is 100% compatible with the original.  Also, you don't loose XP, you have a harder time learning new stuff.

request, slider for SoS - SAM; erection arousal level configurable. Those things have a mind of their own -- perhaps even a randomize option?

Edit,  this helps add a visual cue to LoversVictim etc.., example: when TDF dancing and you're trying to avoid a gang rape. Edging the clientele, to the point of no return, make them more willing to pay.

There is already an SOS interface, but I have no experience with it.  If you understand SOS and can clue me in, I can add the code.

Here is the existing code that is relevent:

int res = (akArousal / 4) - 14;

HandleErection(akRef,  res)

EndFunction

Function HandleErection(Actor akRef, int position)

If position < -9

Debug.sendAnimationEvent(akRef, "SOSFlaccid")

ElseIf position > 9

Debug.sendAnimationEvent(akRef, "SOSBend9")

Else

Debug.sendAnimationEvent(akRef, "SOSBend" + position)

EndIf

EndFunction

I expect that you want to modify this line:

int res = (akArousal / 4) - 14;

Tell me how to do it and I will add an MCM option for you.

There are one Ring you can make that should work whit Sam, i use Sam to. But it alters all the time.

I think it is aroused that do it.

So it would be nice if there could be one option for it.

Did read earlier on SOS that it is not SOS that alter the shlong. 

And thanks for your amazing rework of this mod :) 

I must say that 80% of random CTD:s have gone after i started to use your work. 

@Fishburger67

There seems to be an issue with SAR not triggering the Captured Dreams plugs effects. I tested against the old SA and they plugs then work.

EDIT: additional note, this is on a clean install so there was no overwrite of the old SA

Here's the postings from the CD thread

I will check them over and see what I can figure out.

Thanks Vel. From memory the Assassin plugs in V2.82 gave three buffs so were worth buying if you didn't mind your magic being a bit gimped

Looking at the enchantment on the Assassin plug the Archery enchantment was missing the condition to only work if the arousal was over 80 so it should have worked at all times. The enchantment effects themselves are standard Skyrim enchantments otherwise so if any are not working I am not sure why.

The Tormentor plug was not updated with the effect keywords but there should not have been anything keeping it from working with the Teaser plug, they have the proper item keywords.

I've found the problem Vel, it was the assassin plug that gave me the clue as that works all the time.

I'm using Sexlab Aroused Redux and it looks like the plugs are not picking up the arousal at 80+

I reinstalled the old SA and worked up arousal to 86 and the plug effects then showed (tested with Thief plug).

Note: You can't just substitute SA for SAR when at high arousal or the effect still doesn't show, you need SA in place and to go through the trigger point.

I'll also post details in the SAR thread for Fishburger to look at the problem

@Fishburger67

There seems to be an issue with SAR not triggering the Captured Dreams plugs effects. I tested against the old SA and they plugs then work.

EDIT: additional note, this is on a clean install so there was no overwrite of the old SA

Here's the postings from the CD thread

I will check them over and see what I can figure out.

Thanks Vel. From memory the Assassin plugs in V2.82 gave three buffs so were worth buying if you didn't mind your magic being a bit gimped

Looking at the enchantment on the Assassin plug the Archery enchantment was missing the condition to only work if the arousal was over 80 so it should have worked at all times. The enchantment effects themselves are standard Skyrim enchantments otherwise so if any are not working I am not sure why.

The Tormentor plug was not updated with the effect keywords but there should not have been anything keeping it from working with the Teaser plug, they have the proper item keywords.

I've found the problem Vel, it was the assassin plug that gave me the clue as that works all the time.

I'm using Sexlab Aroused Redux and it looks like the plugs are not picking up the arousal at 80+

I reinstalled the old SA and worked up arousal to 86 and the plug effects then showed (tested with Thief plug).

Note: You can't just substitute SA for SAR when at high arousal or the effect still doesn't show, you need SA in place and to go through the trigger point.

I'll also post details in the SAR thread for Fishburger to look at the problem

Not familiar with this mod, can you tell me which mod it is and how it interacts with SA?