Deviously Enchanted Chests

View File

Deviously Enchanted Chests V3.20 for DD5 by Bane (SE/LE 04/09/2023)

DESCRIPTION

Rumours are circulating that a cache of ancient scrolls bearing a terrifying new enchantments have recently been discovered.

Some say these scrolls can create a protective enchantment on a chest or even an ordinary container that will lock anyone opening the chest without permission into devious bondage. Others claim the enchantment binds a sinister creature to the chest that will do unspeakable things to any woman foolish enough to come within its grasp.

Recently there are claims of strange Dwemer devices that drain sexual energy from the victim leaving them almost helpless. Why the Dwemer ever wanted to collect female sexual energy no one has discovered - yet....

Updating

As of Version 3.20 Deviously Enchanted Chests requires POWEROFTHREE's PAPYRUS EXTENDER SE/LE 

It should be OK to upgrade from Version  3.x to 3.20 - if you experience any issues then clean your save and reinstall

Upgrading from Version 2.x to Version 3.0+ requires DD5 and a new game - no exceptions

It is safe to update from Version 2.22 to 2.24 

It should be OK to update from Version 2.20 to 2.24 - if you experience any issues then clean your save and reinstall

If you have updated EC+ then a clean save is required for Deviously Enchanted Chests to ensure it can correctly trigger EC+ animations.

How the mod works:

Whenever you loot a container, there is a chance that it will be protected by a enchantment that will lock a number of devious devices on you.

The chance for this to happen is highly customizable with the base value in any location set as the chance in 1000. This means that you can set the event to be so rare it might only trigger once (or even never!) in an entire play through or you can chose to have every container in Skyrim explode when you touch it!

In addition if you have Estrus Chaurus+ installed you can select to have some, or all of the traps as estrus tentacle traps and/or Dwemer Machine traps.

• Tentacle traps implant Charus eggs into the victim using the Estrus Chaurus effect
  • Dwemer machines force victims to orgasm until exhausted and unable to fight or cast magic effectively without rest.

To allow for a bit more playability there is also an option to allow devious keys to be found in containers or on corpses. Again this feature is highly customizable.

Oh – by the way, did I mention that enchanted traps go bang! It is likely that if the owners of the chest are nearby they will come to see what is going on, so they might find you helpless, maybe even deviously helpless…

REQUIRED MODS LE

Dawnguard

Dragonborn

SkyUI v5.1 
SexLab 1.62+
SexLab Aroused v20140124 or Sexlab Aroused Redux 16+

Devious Devices V5.0

PowerofThree's Papyrus Extender LE

REQUIRED MODS SE

Dawnguard

Dragonborn

SkyUI v5.2SE 
SexLab 1.63+
SexLab Aroused SE 

Devious Devices SE V5.0+

PowerofThree's Papyrus Extender SE

OPTIONAL

Estrus Chaurus+ v4.34+
Devious Devices: Follower Escape if you plan to allow devices to be equipped on Followers

ALSO RECOMMENDED

Any Mod that takes advantage/interacts with of victims of devious devices

INSTALLATION

Install using NMM or ModOrganiser – make a save first so you can go back if you don’t like the mod or it makes the world explode!

PERMISSIONS

Under no circumstance can this mod or any of its parts be posted outsides of LL without my permission

CREDITS

The idea for this mod and the code it is originally based on come from Deviously Cursed Loot by Kimy.

Thanks Kimy! Without your work I would never have got this project off the ground…

Many thanks to:

• Xaz for letting me use his Crowd AI Packages to handle attacks on tentacle victims
  • Min for the Dwemer Machine sound Fx

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    09/27/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Yes

as far as i can see the only difference between this and cursed loot is the alarm and estrus feature, i'm sorry but this is sadly in my opinion not exactly original, unless you can add some new things that DCL does not have.

still you have the potential to make a greatly diversified and different mod out of this so...

good luck

If you read the credits the author explicitly states that this is based on the idea of cursed loot and gives Kimy credit for the original idea. However, I'd say it would be beneficial to rather then have competing mod, to instead create an extension of cursed loot that adds the traps. That aspect of it sounds really cool and I'd try this mod out just for that feature alone.

What would make it even better is to somehow have the estrus be responsible for equipping the devices. Something like you trigger the trap, you get attacked, then at the end of it the screen blacks out, then you wake up with the devices. 

I used to use a mod called Estrus Mimics which had two problems (not of the mod authors making I'd hasten to add).

1/ It used Estrus for Skyrim which is very buggy (though to be fair some versions are less buggy than others)

2/ The Estrus animations were just animations, so if it triggered and enemies were around they'd just attack while you were stuck in the animation and in most cases the game would CTD as two animations were trying to run at the same time

If you can address both of these issues you'll have a winner on your hands and it will complement DCL really well.

Good luck with it :)

It's just a matter of personal preference I guess....

Personally I preferred the idea of a trap to cursed loot that you put on yourself...  I also tweaked the system so that triggering traps or finding keys does not fire off a dialog box as I find these rather spoil immersion. Along with that I thought that it would be possible to add other effects, estrus is the first of these.

If you don't like the trap idea  then stick with the (excellent) cursed loot :)

This is similar to Deviously Cursed Loot, but I don't see what's wrong with having different mods that are similar, but approach things from different directions. I really like the idea of tentacles jumping out of chests, and would probably love a mod that just does that and doesn't bother with Devious Devices... though I do use DDs myself.

I'll give this a run next time I'm starting a play-through, as I think this is a great idea!

I really like the idea of tentacles jumping out of chests, and would probably love a mod that just does that and doesn't bother with Devious Devices... though I do use DDs myself.

Spot on, if it can make the animations a part of the game so that other mods like Deviously Helpless kick in if you get entangled by the tentacles it will work really well.

This is similar to Deviously Cursed Loot, but I don't see what's wrong with having different mods that are similar, but approach things from different directions. I really like the idea of tentacles jumping out of chests, and would probably love a mod that just does that and doesn't bother with Devious Devices... though I do use DDs myself.

I'll give this a run next time I'm starting a play-through, as I think this is a great idea!

If you set Estrus Trap chance to 100% then dD traps are disabled and all trap occurrences will be Estrus.   Also I probably should mention that the mod respects devious chastity devices so if you are wearing a belt or chastity harness you will be protected from tentacle attack (you will still see a message indicating you had a lucky escape though).

If you set Estrus Trap chance to 100% then dD traps are disabled and all trap occurrences will be Estrus.   Also I probably should mention that the mod respects devious chastity devices so if you are wearing a belt or chastity harness you will be protected from tentacle attack (you will still see a message indicating you had a lucky escape though).

See, that's just great, and something Deviously Cursed Loot didn't do at all. Thank you for this!

Others are mentioning it already, but I think I'll throw this out there: Can you pacify those nearby who are alerted by the Estrus attack, so they won't start killing me while I'm getting molested? I guess an easy way to do that would be to automatically equip the player with a device, such as a collar, so that Deviously Helpless will automatically kick in and cause whomever comes running to want to rape, rather than attack. But if there's a cleaner way, that'd probably be better. ^_^

I also don't mind similiar mods, just think of defeat and submit.

Does it currently work well together with deviously cursed loot? I'm tempted to let the former handle devious devices curses while letting your mod dish out the estrus traps, should make looting even more interesting :angel:

is there a reason why this mod uses Estrus Chaurus+ vs the Estrus for Skyrim mod itself?  I thought the tentacle animations were from Estrus.  

If for some reason it does need Chaurus+, can anyone suggest a good UNPB pregnancy body?  I've been using the SG textures renewal which I love but as far as I know, it doesn't support pregnancy.

I like the plugin to DCL idea a lot. Especially if it changed the dialogue boxes to say that there was a trap or enchantment, because, I'm sorry, but, "Oops, I blacked out and accidentally did something that's physically impossible" (in the case of the armbinder) just seems silly. I also like the idea of the estrus chest. That being said, as a separate mod, it, no offense, seems a little redundant.

Just posting this to clarify that while I didn't get asked for permission or anything, I do NOT mind this mod using my code as its basis. My licence for Cursed Loot states "do what you want with it" and I really mean it. If integration with Estrus Chaurus is what you want, by all means, go for it. I doubt I'd ever have coded support for that into Cursed Loot. Bestiality and tentacle stuff isn't exactly a kink of mine, so someone taking care of that particular audience is actually a good thing and just adds more choice, which is great! :)

I also don't mind similiar mods, just think of defeat and submit.

Does it currently work well together with deviously cursed loot? I'm tempted to let the former handle devious devices curses while letting your mod dish out the estrus traps, should make looting even more interesting :angel:

To be honest I'm not sure what will happen if you have both this and DCL running at the same time - the trigger system used to make the events happen ( via perks) is the same in both mods which may cause issues, or may not - I think issues may also arise if both mods try to trigger at once.

Only one way to find out though! ;)

Just posting this to clarify that while I didn't get asked for permission or anything, I do NOT mind this mod using my code as its basis. My licence for Cursed Loot states "do what you want with it" and I really mean it. If integration with Estrus Chaurus is what you want, by all means, go for it. I doubt I'd ever have coded support for that into Cursed Loot. Bestiality and tentacle stuff isn't exactly a kink of mine, so someone taking care of that particular audience is actually a good thing and just adds more choice, which is great! :)

Thanks Kimy - and thanks again for all the work you put into developing DCL in the first place!

is there a reason why this mod uses Estrus Chaurus+ vs the Estrus for Skyrim mod itself?  I thought the tentacle animations were from Estrus.  

If for some reason it does need Chaurus+, can anyone suggest a good UNPB pregnancy body?  I've been using the SG textures renewal which I love but as far as I know, it doesn't support pregnancy.

I developed it using EC+ so that is what I have quoted but I think it will work with EC 3.35.7 - give it a try and if all is well let me know and I will update the OP.

See, that's just great, and something Deviously Cursed Loot didn't do at all. Thank you for this!

Others are mentioning it already, but I think I'll throw this out there: Can you pacify those nearby who are alerted by the Estrus attack, so they won't start killing me while I'm getting molested? I guess an easy way to do that would be to automatically equip the player with a device, such as a collar, so that Deviously Helpless will automatically kick in and cause whomever comes running to want to rape, rather than attack. But if there's a cleaner way, that'd probably be better. ^_^

Interesting idea - I will take  a look and see what can be done :)

Call me stupid, but what are the differences between this and Cursed Loot?

You can change the chance on Cursed loot can't you?

Here's the result of test run:

Main difference between them is ability of this mod to call up Estrus for some tentacle-fun.

Also this mod uses all harnesses from DDx and nipple piercings, which is good.

Otherwise Kimy's mod better developed, includes matching sets option and Aradia mod support.

Both mods work quite fine when enabled together, even when fired up on same chest :)

My suggestion would be Kimy to collaborate with Bane on including all those options into Cursed Loot, so we could use one mod only for all options.

Both mods work quite fine when enabled together, even when fired up on same chest :)

Yeah, since this mod uses the exact same trigger mechanism as Cursed Loot (it's my own code after all, *giggles*), all that would happen is two events firing, one for Cursed Loot and one for this mod. There is no reason why they should not be compatible - at this time. However, I do NOT guarantee full compatibility, either now or in the future, so I feel compelled to clarify that I will -not- respond to any related support requests in my thread. Technically, this mod is a fork of Cursed Loot using most of its code as basis. They might be very similar right now, but as we both develop our respective code branches they will likely drift apart farther, including the strong possibility to introduce incompatibilities or that bugs will get fixed in one branch but not the other etc.

I have no idea what Bane has in mind for it as I did not get consulted or asked for permission or endorsement anywhere in the development process. And again, while forking a project in this manner would normally be considered a tad unusual in the open source community, there is nothing wrong with it from my point of view, as my licence for Cursed Loot does indeed allow it.

The only thing I absolutely insist on is that as long as it contains substantial parts of my code (which it does), this mod cannot be reposted outsides of LoversLab without my permission (as per the licence conditions of Cursed Loot).

Main difference between them is ability of this mod to call up Estrus for some tentacle-fun.

Otherwise Kimy's mod better developed, includes matching sets option and Aradia mod support.

My suggestion would be Kimy to collaborate with Bane on including all those options into Cursed Loot, so we could use one mod only for all options.

Thanks for the feedback - I have no plans to support Aradia atm so if you want that DCL is definitely the mod to go with.

As far as sets are concerned they are available and (in my testing at least) work fine - if not please let me know the details and I will take a look.

One difference to note is that menu only shows the sets that are enabled - so if you don't have dDx or Captured dreams  (or if CD is installed but you disable CD support in the menu) you will only see the basic Leather and Metal sets.

Yeah, since this mod uses the exact same trigger mechanism as Cursed Loot (it's my own code after all, *giggles*), all that would happen is two events firing, one for Cursed Loot and one for this mod. There is no reason why they should not be compatible - at this time. However, I do NOT guarantee full compatibility, either now or in the future, so I feel compelled to clarify that I will -not- respond to any related support requests in my thread. Technically, this mod is a fork of Cursed Loot using most of its code as basis. They might be very similar right now, but as we both develop our respective code branches they will likely drift apart farther, including the strong possibility to introduce incompatibilities or that bugs will get fixed in one branch but not the other etc.

I have no idea what Bane has in mind for it as I did not get consulted or asked for permission or endorsement anywhere in the development process. And again, while forking a project in this manner would normally be considered a tad unusual in the open source community, there is nothing wrong with it from my point of view, as my licence for Cursed Loot does indeed allow it.

The only thing I absolutely insist on is that as long as it contains substantial parts of my code (which it does), this mod cannot be reposted outsides of LoversLab without my permission (as per the licence conditions of Cursed Loot).

I had read your "no posting outslide LL" requirement and put the same in the OP for this Mod when I released  it. :)

Thanks for the feedback - I have no plans to support Aradia atm so if you want that DCL is definitely the mod to go with.

As far as sets are concerned they are available and (in my testing at least) work fine - if not please let me know the details and I will take a look.

One difference to note is that menu only shows the sets that are enabled - so if you don't have dDx or Captured dreams  (or if CD is installed but you disable CD support in the menu) you will only see the basic Leather and Metal sets.

I'm talking about matching items when set set to Random, DCL makes all items match randomly selected theme, if enabled in MCM menu. I've got impression your fork has it hardcoded in "on" position, without MCM togggle, so far all sets were matched.

I do suggest you to join efforts with Kimy to make loot mod of dreams together :)