7 hours ago, Fasterflight225 said:

Your phrasing suggests you do not quite get how the mod works.

Lactacid is merely the fuel to produce milk, and maid levels track how much milk you've produced, not how many times you sat in a machine or what have you.

Milk generation is (by default) quite slow, and leveling up slower. Press 9 to check your current lactacid/milk levels, and keep in mind there is a limit to how much milk Hucows can carry around with them, based on Maid level.

I know all that and the simple phrasing I used leaves out a couple of details. It's simply a misinterpretation. The problem was that I didn't get a level increase when I should have with nocive settings, meaning level from 0 to 1 for 10 times milked. But I found out that you need to drink lactacid before being milked to increase maid level, and that's not obvious. Then there is also something called Maid Mastery Level, which didn't increase so I had to increase it manually in the debug menu.

I have fixed milk production and changed the milk limit per level in Debug MilkMaid. Maybe it can cause problems. It's just that the default value is more than I'm comfortable with.

Spoiler

enb2021_10_29_07_41_21.jpg.76cb64c154d6b98e2b6e5871720331a7.jpg

Edited by Inception
1 hour ago, Inception said:

I know all that and the simple phrasing I used leaves out a couple of details. It's simply a misinterpretation. The problem was that I didn't get a level increase when I should have with nocive settings, meaning level from 0 to 1 for 10 times milked. But I found out that you need to drink lactacid before being milked to increase maid level, and that's not obvious. Then there is also something called Maid Mastery Level, which didn't increase so I had to increase it manually in the debug menu.

I have fixed milk production and changed the milk limit per level in Debug MilkMaid. Maybe it can cause problems. It's just that the default value is more than I'm comfortable with.

Reveal hidden contents

enb2021_10_29_07_41_21.jpg.76cb64c154d6b98e2b6e5871720331a7.jpg

Ah, I've seen this before.

You lowered the leveling difficulty AFTER you would have achieved the next level on said lower difficulty.

The mod sees you are not AT the level-up value, and continues happily incrementing you upwards without realizing its oversight.

...The fix is indeed to give yourself a level via the Debug.

2 hours ago, Fasterflight225 said:

Ah, I've seen this before.

You lowered the leveling difficulty AFTER you would have achieved the next level on said lower difficulty.

The mod sees you are not AT the level-up value, and continues happily incrementing you upwards without realizing its oversight.

...The fix is indeed to give yourself a level via the Debug.

Actually I didn't. I noticed that when milk leaking triggers from orgasm it increases the times milked in debug only, creating an inconsistency, so I fixed it manually. I don't know if that's how it's supposed to work. It seems to me like I have to keep fixing the values manually to avoid broken levelling.

5 hours ago, Inception said:

Actually I didn't. I noticed that when milk leaking triggers from orgasm it increases the times milked in debug only, creating an inconsistency, so I fixed it manually. I don't know if that's how it's supposed to work. It seems to me like I have to keep fixing the values manually to avoid broken levelling.

I think maid mastery levels at half the speed as the maids level.  So with one milk maid, they have to level twice to get an increase in maid mastery.  I think, but am unsure, that two milk maids leveling would suffice to increase your maid mastery.  I could be wrong about the exact numbers, this is my memory from observation.

Maid mastery is, as far as I know, only related to how many milk maids you can support.

16 hours ago, tinkerbelle said:

I think maid mastery levels at half the speed as the maids level.  So with one milk maid, they have to level twice to get an increase in maid mastery.  I think, but am unsure, that two milk maids leveling would suffice to increase your maid mastery.  I could be wrong about the exact numbers, this is my memory from observation.

Maid mastery is, as far as I know, only related to how many milk maids you can support.

I doubt it, because if you look at my screenshot it says I need 10 times milked to gain a maid mastery level and I have 11 times milked. But if it's only about how many maids you can support it doesn't really matter for me.

9 hours ago, Inception said:

I doubt it, because if you look at my screenshot it says I need 10 times milked to gain a maid mastery level and I have 11 times milked. But if it's only about how many maids you can support it doesn't really matter for me.

I had to go back to your screenshot.  I'm pretty sure that the numbers after "Milkmaid Mastery" refer to your level as a cow.  The screen shot shows that as a cow, you need 10 more milkings to increase your cow level, which would make it 20 times milking for level 1 and 1 milking for level 2.  I think.  I rarely track my cow progress anymore and I have a memory like an elephant, a senile one though.  I'm pretty certain that MilkmaidMastery is based on the combined level of all your cows, possibly including yourself, divided by 2.

Edit:  Oops, I was wrong (I hate saying that).  I think things have changed with the newer versions, but the left hand pane of that overview page does seem to relate to your level for Milkmaid Mastery.  I don't know what increases Milkmaid Mastery, but it's possibly tied in to your PC milkings.  Milkmaid Mastery is different from your level as a cow.  The number of cows you can have is half of your Milkmaid Mastery.

@Ed86 Help!  How is Milkmaid Mastery leveled.

Edited by tinkerbelle
I was wrong
2 hours ago, tinkerbelle said:

@Ed86 Help!  How is Milkmaid Mastery leveled.

If TimesMilked >= (Level + 1) * TimesMilkedMult

TimesMilked= sum of all milkmaids milkies 

TimesMilkedMult = difficulty modifier

milkmaid:

if MaidLevel != 0 || MME_Storage.getLactacidCurrent(akActor) > 0
            if MaidTimesMilked >= (MaidLevel + 1) * TimesMilkedMult

Edited by Ed86
12 hours ago, Ed86 said:

If TimesMilked >= (Level + 1) * TimesMilkedMult

TimesMilked= sum of all milkmaids milkies 

TimesMilkedMult = difficulty modifier

milkmaid:

if MaidLevel != 0 || MME_Storage.getLactacidCurrent(akActor) > 0
            if MaidTimesMilked >= (MaidLevel + 1) * TimesMilkedMult

Any chance you could write that in simple english? Because what I see are a number of conditions.

But since I know you don't like to type:

1. Maid Mastery levels in the same way as Milkmaid Level

2. Maid Mastery levels in a different way compared to Milkmaid level

Edited by Inception
29 minutes ago, Inception said:

Any chance you could write that in simple english? Because what I see are a number of conditions.

uhh... simple english is much harder than math 2+2= 4

2. you need >1 lactacid for milkmaid to advance first level

On 10/31/2021 at 2:45 AM, Inception said:

Maid Mastery levels in a different way from Milkmaid leveling.  If the first code snippet is about Milkmaid Mastery, then all milkings of all your milkmaids (and I presume milk slaves add to this, although the snippet doesn't say so) count towards your Milkmaid Mastery.  There is a difficulty adjustment, which operates backwards from what I'd expect.  Less is easier.

16 hours ago, tinkerbelle said:

Maid Mastery levels in a different way from Milkmaid leveling.  If the first code snippet is about Milkmaid Mastery, then all milkings of all your milkmaids (and I presume milk slaves add to this, although the snippet doesn't say so) count towards your Milkmaid Mastery.  There is a difficulty adjustment, which operates backwards from what I'd expect.  Less is easier.

Okay but my character is the only milkmaid in the game. So how many milkings would I need for 1 milkmaid mastery level with novice difficulty? If it's not the same as milkmaid  it shouldn't say 10 in my case. And yes, of course novice is easier. It controls the number of milkings you need for one level and increases exponentially.

Something tells me that Ed didn't write the script, because he/she doesn't seem to understand what we're talking about. Modders always know their own mod.

Edited by Inception
48 minutes ago, Inception said:

Okay but my character is the only milkmaid in the game. So how many milkings would I need for 1 milkmaid mastery level with novice difficulty? If it's not the same as milkmaid  it shouldn't say 10 in my case. And yes, of course novice is easier. It controls the number of milkings you need for one level and increases exponentially.

Something tells me that Ed didn't write the script, because he/she doesn't seem to understand what we're talking about. Modders always know their own mod.

In turn, something tells me you've never worked with computers in a serious capacity before.

MME is fucking seven years old, and Ed86 hasn't played Skyrim in years.

Once a programming project gets large enough, it becomes impossible to keep track of every quirk and function of the project, and you have to accept the mantra of 'If it works, it works.'

2 hours ago, Fasterflight225 said:

In turn, something tells me you've never worked with computers in a serious capacity before.

MME is fucking seven years old, and Ed86 hasn't played Skyrim in years.

Once a programming project gets large enough, it becomes impossible to keep track of every quirk and function of the project, and you have to accept the mantra of 'If it works, it works.'

I understand and sorry to Ed86 for implying anything. I appreciate all the answers given so far.