17 minutes ago, mangalo said:

About UUNP, I think you have to use the "HDT Special" body, which allows for the belly to grow

I'm using UUNP Special, and the belly DOES grow, its just that, because this mod SEEMS to use the skeleton to grow the belly, rather than the tri morphs (I think they're different, right?) when the belly does grow, it looks clunky and unnatural even at smaller sizes, and no where near as good as it does using the UUNP morphs in RaceMenu.

Thank you for the link, I've been looking for something like that. :) I'll check it out now!

5 hours ago, ShenGo said:

I'm using UUNP Special, and the belly DOES grow, its just that, because this mod SEEMS to use the skeleton to grow the belly, rather than the tri morphs (I think they're different, right?) when the belly does grow, it looks clunky and unnatural even at smaller sizes, and no where near as good as it does using the UUNP morphs in RaceMenu.

Thank you for the link, I've been looking for something like that. :) I'll check it out now!

I have to admit that I got tired of trying to get SLIF and BF to play nicely together and ended up junking SLIF entirely and making my own little hacked version of Bane Master's patch to do the tri morphs the way I wanted them manually.

I also did a few other little hacks like disabling the infinite supply of npc tampons and patching the info shout power to force a belly refresh.  If you're up to getting CK running I can post a little how-I-did-it guide.

18 minutes ago, xmas214 said:

I have to admit that I got tired of trying to get SLIF and BF to play nicely together and ended up junking SLIF entirely and making my own little hacked version of Bane Master's patch to do the tri morphs the way I wanted them manually.

I also did a few other little hacks like disabling the infinite supply of npc tampons and patching the info shout power to force a belly refresh.  If you're up to getting CK running I can post a little how-I-did-it guide.

Yes, I would love that! I have knowledge of the CK, but none when it comes to scripting, I hope that's not an issue. >.<

I wouldn't worry too much about the scripting part; I'll just include the scripted bits I wrote and if you want to modify what I did it's just changing the names of the morphs to do what you want and those are pretty obvious.

Really, the harder part is getting your setup to the point where you can load CK and have it recompile a BF script or two without it throwing up all over itself, I think.

3 hours ago, xmas214 said:

I wouldn't worry too much about the scripting part; I'll just include the scripted bits I wrote and if you want to modify what I did it's just changing the names of the morphs to do what you want and those are pretty obvious.

Really, the harder part is getting your setup to the point where you can load CK and have it recompile a BF script or two without it throwing up all over itself, I think.

Lol, that's one way of putting it. ;) I'd love to hear how you did it.

ok, so here's the guide to How I Did It (part 1, as it turns out)

if you have never started up CK via MO before, then check out https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited#Configure_The_Creation_Kit for a refresh.  it's pretty straightforward.  also note that https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65578/ is necessary if your PC is not really really old and (like me) you are using MO to do this.

one can really get into the weeds as far as fixing up the .inis goes; I just let BethINI do whatever fix stuff it feels compelled to do for me and it's been fine.  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69787/

So before we can make this happen we need to get the mod script compiles and sources in the right spots.  IMO the best way to do this is to make empty mods in Mod Organizer (either 1 or 2) and stuff the files into them.  that way when you run CK through MO, all the files are where they need to be and not overwriting each other in the wrong way.  We will need both BF scripts and SkyUI scripts to make CK happy.  the general layout is this:

data folder: (i.e. the base folder of the game/mod)
  esp, esm, bsa files go here, scripts folder goes here.
scripts folder:
  pex files go here.  source folder goes here.
source folder:
  psc files go here.

We will need:

SkyUI - https://github.com/schlangster/skyui
SkyUI SDK - https://github.com/schlangster/skyui/wiki

the BF Developer pack on LL (and if I need to tell anyone where the download for that is I think they should just give up on everything right now because yikes)

these links are not packaged as plug and go mods so the easiest thing to do will be to create empty mods and arrange the directories ourself.

to create an empty mod in MO, right click Overwrite and mouseover "All Mods".  on the right menu that opens up it should be 2nd from the bottom, 'Create Empty Mod'.  give it a name and it will create a folder with that name and a meta.ini in your mod directory.  to follow this guide, create three empty mods and name them something like:

BF dev pack ENABLE FOR COMPILE ONLY (yes, name it all of that)
SkyUI source
SkyUI SDK

from the main skyui page on github, hit the green clone/download button to download a zip file.  the scripts we want are in dist/data/scripts, put those in the SkyUI source mod folder.

from the skyui sdk page, get the sdk file that matches your version (I have no idea why it wouldn't be 5.1 by now, and if for some reason you are still on an older version four years later, prepare for none of the rest of this to work), put that in the SkyUI SDK mod folder.

get the bf developer pack from LL and extract it.  you'll see four folders and an esp.  put the BeeingFemale.esp in the mod folder.  create a directory named scripts in the mod folder and put the source directory in that folder.  we don't need the DLL, documents, or flash folders.

now before you start up CK through MO make sure your mods are enabled and in this order on the left pane (they don't have to be consecutive):

SkyUI source
SkyUI SDK
SkyUI (the 'real' mod)
BeeingFemale
BF dev pack ENABLE FOR COMPILE ONLY
Bane Master's BF patch v14d

DEFINITELY READ THE FOLLOWING NOTE!

the BF dev pack includes an .esp to make CK happy.  however, since the game already has a BF .esm, it will NOT be happy if these both are present when you try to start.  if you followed my suggested folder naming scheme you probably already have a clue what I'm going to tell you next:  we only need this mod to compile scripts, so disable it whenever you aren't compiling a script.  it is not necessary to sort the esm with LOOT.

DEFINITELY READ THE PRECEDING NOTE!

before we get into script editing it is a good idea to just try and recompile an existing script and make sure CK is up to it.  bear in mind that CK is often slow and prone to the appearance of hanging.  if you have spare monitor space, it isn't the worst idea to monitor EditorWarnings.txt in the game base folder to see what CK has to say while it is apparently doing nothing because it is often very very busy finding unimportant things to warn us about before actually getting to the things we want it to do.

anyway, it's pretty straightforward to get a compile up and going.  File > Data will bring up the plugin/master checklist.  double-click an empty box to check it.  we want these checked:

SkyUI.esp
BeeingFemale.esp (not the esm!) and also click the 'Set as Active File' button in the lower left.  (the esm won't let you click this button.  if you can't find the .esp file then you forgot to enable the mod. and no, it won't sort by filename even if it looks like it can.  yes, it's annoying)

with those checked hit OK and CK will prepare to load those and its masters (Skyrim.esm and Update.esm, namely).  this will result in at least one peridd of CK psuedo-hanging while it blathers many complaints into EditorWarnings.txt.  you'll just have to wait it out.  when it's done the object window will be full of stuff that we will promptly ignore.

compiling from this point is pretty simple:  we go to Gameplay > Papyrus Script Manager

if the filter line is blank then there will be a really long line of scripts that might induce another short spell of pseudohang.  fortunately we can filter stuff (and CK remembers old values, thank god) so enter FWA as the filter and now we have a much more manageable list of scripts.  pick FWAbilityBeeingFemale and right-click, and pick compile.

if all is well, it will pop open a window, think a while, and if it's successful you will maybe see it say so for a handful of frames before CK decides to immediately close the window.  but that is good!  if it stays, it's because it failed:  something went wrong with the setup.  it could be a whooooole lot of things so this guide isn't really going to get into troubleshooting.  however, if you click on the script file in the upper pane you will get some specific complaints in the lower pane that might help you determine what's up.  usually it's because CK can't find files, and a general good way to find files is to determine what mod seems to be missing the file from the error and extract the script/source files from the BSA.  CK is not very good at looking in there.   but if you followed the guide correctly as far as I know you should not be missing any files here.  I could have added some necessary files to this setup long long ago, though.

aaanyway!  I presume having reached this point you have recompiled a BF script successfully, so congrats and we're going to go to the scripts and make our changes now.  happily the bane master patch comes with the source so now comes the part where we detail our changes.  we are going to make some tweaks to Bane's FWAbilityBeeingFemale.psc and FWController.psc next.

aaaand this seems like a good time to segment into a part 2 before I hit any post length limits.

ok, so the genesis of me doing this was that basically SLIF exceeded my patience and I just didn't like how much of a pain in the butt it was to get it doing what I wanted.  It is an excellent flexible tool for multiple mods and a range of different styles; however, I have one mod and I know exactly what I want it to do, so in the end it was way simpler to cut it out entirely because I don't really use 95% of what it's there for and make my own specific solution (and cut down on some needless script overhead too).  I roll with a custom bodyslide, I built in tris, all I need are some morphs and we're good to go.

So first thing to do here is probably to fiddle around in bodyslide and decide what you want those morphs to be.  the easiest way is to pick morphs your body doesn't use (and thus start at 0%), but it's not necessary.  Mine is this:

not preg: PregnancyBelly 0, DoubleMelon 0, BreastsSH 0
very preg:  PregnancyBelly 100, DoubleMelon 100, BreastsSH 50

obviously the nice thing about morphs is that you can make it as big and complicated as you want as long as you're willing to do a little math but this will make for a good proof of concept.

now since we are making our changes in the script we're basically going to ignore the UI part of it entirely: what we're going to do is just rewrite the NiOverride skeleton function so it ignores the skeleton parameters and just does the morph stuff.   this should be safe to do as long as you don't have a current savegame file with active NiOverride skeleton node transforms, in which case you will want to reset your data first because deleting the undoing parts of that as we're about to do will make them stuck like that.

so, open up FWAbilityBeeingFemale.psc from the Bane Master patch (this is the high priority one in the load order!) in your favorite text editor and find Function UpdateNodes2.  we're going to change it to this:

Function UpdateNodes2(Float afAddedBellySize, Float afAddedBreastSize)  ;patched for morphs by xmas
    If ActorRef;/!=none/;
        If System.cfg.BellyScale;/==true/;
            if(afAddedBellySize>0)  ;Patched by qotsafan was ->  if(afAddedBreastSize>0)
                NiOverride.SetBodyMorph(ActorRef, "PregnancyBelly", "BeeingFemale", afAddedBellySize)
                NiOverride.UpdateModelWeight(ActorRef)
            else
                NiOverride.ClearBodyMorph(ActorRef, "PregnancyBelly", "BeeingFemale")
            endif
        EndIf

If System.cfg.BreastScale;/==true/;
            if(afAddedBreastSize>0)
                NiOverride.SetBodyMorph(ActorRef, "DoubleMelon", "BeeingFemale", afAddedBreastSize)
                NiOverride.SetBodyMorph(ActorRef, "BreastsSH", "BeeingFemale", afAddedBreastSize * 0.5)
            else
                NiOverride.ClearBodyMorph(ActorRef, "DoubleMelon", "BeeingFemale")
                NiOverride.ClearBodyMorph(ActorRef, "BreastsSH", "BeeingFemale")
            endif
        EndIf

EndIf
EndFunction

not that this still respects the belly/breast scale toggles in MCM, so make sure those are still active.

at any rate, BF is going to send this function two size numbers ranging from 0.0 to 1.0.  your progression settings in MCM will determine how high they are at what stage of the pregnancy (i.e. immediate gets close to 1 very fast early in the term, realistic doesn't, etc etc) but 0.0 is always going to represent no change and 1.0 is going to represent the maximum change.  The nice thing is that passing 0.0 and 1.0 to NiOverride corresponds to 0% and 100% morph on a slider in Bodyslide respectively, so when we pick a 0 to 100 morph like PregnancyBelly, we don't have to do any extra math on the number at all.  Similarly, 0 to any other number is pretty simple -- we're only scaling BreastsSH from 0% to 50% so we just halve the value.  ezpz.  if you want to use different morphs, just use the same slider names in bodyslide.  make sure they are cleared when sent 0.

to get this to work, save the psc, recompile it in CK, and then have BF use the NiOverride skeletons.

or before that, while we're at it we could make a few other tweaks for stuff that bugs me!

Event OnEffectFinish(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
    if bInitSpell;/==true/;
        ;ResetBelly()  xmas says say no to cell moving temp abortions
        onExitState()
    endif
    If ActorRef && ActorRef.HasSpell(System.BeeingFemaleSpell)
        ActorRef.RemoveSpell(System.BeeingFemaleSpell)
    EndIf
endEvent

I assume this is a check against old shape changing methods that could have possibly become permanent if they weren't explicitly cleared out on an effect finish or something?  But this is not a danger with setting morphs.  Also, this is what causes the super annoying bit where my preggo follower gets reset anytime I change zones and stays that way until it's her turn for the rolling update again.  No thank you!  comment that resetbelly out of there.

state Luteal_State
    function onUpdateFunction()
        if CurrentStatePercent < 65
            ; Check for Pregnancy
            ; Simulate FH Hormones
            Float rnd = Utility.RandomFloat(0,100)
            float chance = System.LutealImpregnationTime(CurrentStatePercent)
            if chance > rnd
                if System.Controller.ActiveSpermImpregnation(ActorRef);/==true/;
                    ; Actor is pregnant!
                    System.Manager.removeCME(ActorRef,3) ; PMS Effects
                    changeState(4)
                    return
                endif
            endIf
        endIf
        if CurrentStatePercent > 75
            ; Check for PMS
            ;if bHasPMS==false && System.Controller.canBecomePMS(ActorRef);/==true/;
            if bHasPMS ;Tkc (Loverslab): optimization
            else;if bHasPMS==false
                if System.Controller.canBecomePMS(ActorRef)
                    System.Message("Cast PMS for "+ActorRef.GetLeveledActorBase().GetName(), System.MSG_Debug )
                    System.Manager.castCME(ActorRef,3,System.cfg.PMSEffects)
                    bHasPMS=true
                endIf
            endIf

; Check for Tampons (disabled by xmas)
            ;if !isPlayer && ActorRef.GetItemCount(System.Tampon_Normal)<=2  ;***Edit by Bane
            ;if isPlayer ;Tkc (Loverslab): optimization
            ;else;if !isPlayer
                ;if ActorRef.GetItemCount(System.Tampon_Normal)<=2
                    ;ActorRef.AddItem(System.Tampon_Normal,6)
                ;endif
            ;endif
        endif
    endFunction

speaking of followers, sick of constantly clearing tampons out of inventories?  yeah, me too.  comment out that entire npc check at the end of onUpdateFunction() and stop the magic infinite supply at its source.

that's all there is for FWAbilityBeeingFemale.psc.  remember to save before you try to recompile it, or it won't do much.   and remember to modify the last one in the load order, i.e. the bane master patch!

I did say I had something for FWController.psc too so here's one last tweak.  I feel like it's useful to be able to force a morph update on a single NPC.  so I patched the NPC info spell/shout thing to send a belly event like so in function showRankedInfoBox:

if target.GetLeveledActorBase().GetSex()==0
            ent = new string[5]
            ent[0]=2
            ent[1]=target.GetLeveledActorBase().GetName()
            ent[2]=Math.Floor(GetVirility(target)*100)
            ent[3]= FWUtility.getActorListNames(getFemalesWithSpermFrom(target, 20) , false)
            ent[4]= FWUtility.getActorListNames(getFemalesImpregnatedFrom(target, 5) , false)
        else
            System.Data.Update(target)
            target.SendModEvent("BeeingFemale", "Belly", 0)  ; xmas patch to force update
            Debug.Notification("Updating morphs for "+target.GetDisplayName()) ; optional inform
            if IsPregnant(target)==false
                Actor[] a = GetRelevantSpermActors(target, true);getMalesInWoman(target)
                ent = new string[9]
                ent[0]=0
                ent[2]=GetFemaleState(target)
                ent[3]=Utility.GetCurrentGameTime() - GetStateEnterTime(target)
                ent[4]=System.getStateDuration(GetFemaleState(target), target) as int
                ent[5]=getContraception(target) as int
                ent[6]=GetContraceptionDuration(target)
                ent[7]=getRelativePregnancyChance(target)
                ent[8]=FWUtility.getActorListNames(a,false)
            else
                ent = new string[8]
                ent[0]=1
                ent[5]=GetNumBabys(target)
                ent[6]=GetBabyHealth(target) as int
                ent[7]=FWUtility.getActorListNames(getFathers(target, 8), true)
            endif
        endif

anyway, that is how I posted how I did it.

14 hours ago, xmas214 said:

Wow, very beginner friendly. :) Most of the CK pointers I already know, but it's very awesome of you to type this up in a way that assumes otherwise! XD I'm babysitting tonight, but I'll see if I can give this a shot tomorrow. Thank you!

Edit: Just finished reading through all the posts, sounds very doable. :) I'm guessing, since I don't use BF for NPCs and only my PC, the last bit of scripting can be safely omitted?

• 2 weeks later...

Spoiler
On 11/29/2019 at 10:12 PM, xmas214 said:

ok, so the genesis of me doing this was that basically SLIF exceeded my patience and I just didn't like how much of a pain in the butt it was to get it doing what I wanted.  It is an excellent flexible tool for multiple mods and a range of different styles; however, I have one mod and I know exactly what I want it to do, so in the end it was way simpler to cut it out entirely because I don't really use 95% of what it's there for and make my own specific solution (and cut down on some needless script overhead too).  I roll with a custom bodyslide, I built in tris, all I need are some morphs and we're good to go.

So first thing to do here is probably to fiddle around in bodyslide and decide what you want those morphs to be.  the easiest way is to pick morphs your body doesn't use (and thus start at 0%), but it's not necessary.  Mine is this:

not preg: PregnancyBelly 0, DoubleMelon 0, BreastsSH 0
very preg:  PregnancyBelly 100, DoubleMelon 100, BreastsSH 50

obviously the nice thing about morphs is that you can make it as big and complicated as you want as long as you're willing to do a little math but this will make for a good proof of concept.

now since we are making our changes in the script we're basically going to ignore the UI part of it entirely: what we're going to do is just rewrite the NiOverride skeleton function so it ignores the skeleton parameters and just does the morph stuff.   this should be safe to do as long as you don't have a current savegame file with active NiOverride skeleton node transforms, in which case you will want to reset your data first because deleting the undoing parts of that as we're about to do will make them stuck like that.

so, open up FWAbilityBeeingFemale.psc from the Bane Master patch (this is the high priority one in the load order!) in your favorite text editor and find Function UpdateNodes2.  we're going to change it to this:

Function UpdateNodes2(Float afAddedBellySize, Float afAddedBreastSize)  ;patched for morphs by xmas
    If ActorRef;/!=none/;
        If System.cfg.BellyScale;/==true/;
            if(afAddedBellySize>0)  ;Patched by qotsafan was ->  if(afAddedBreastSize>0)
                NiOverride.SetBodyMorph(ActorRef, "PregnancyBelly", "BeeingFemale", afAddedBellySize)
            else
                NiOverride.ClearBodyMorph(ActorRef, "PregnancyBelly", "BeeingFemale")
            endif
        EndIf

If System.cfg.BreastScale;/==true/;
            if(afAddedBreastSize>0)
                NiOverride.SetBodyMorph(ActorRef, "DoubleMelon", "BeeingFemale", afAddedBreastSize)
                NiOverride.SetBodyMorph(ActorRef, "BreastsSH", "BeeingFemale", afAddedBreastSize * 0.5)
            else
                NiOverride.ClearBodyMorph(ActorRef, "DoubleMelon", "BeeingFemale")
                NiOverride.ClearBodyMorph(ActorRef, "BreastsSH", "BeeingFemale")
            endif
        EndIf

EndIf
EndFunction

not that this still respects the belly/breast scale toggles in MCM, so make sure those are still active.

at any rate, BF is going to send this function two size numbers ranging from 0.0 to 1.0.  your progression settings in MCM will determine how high they are at what stage of the pregnancy (i.e. immediate gets close to 1 very fast early in the term, realistic doesn't, etc etc) but 0.0 is always going to represent no change and 1.0 is going to represent the maximum change.  The nice thing is that passing 0.0 and 1.0 to NiOverride corresponds to 0% and 100% morph on a slider in Bodyslide respectively, so when we pick a 0 to 100 morph like PregnancyBelly, we don't have to do any extra math on the number at all.  Similarly, 0 to any other number is pretty simple -- we're only scaling BreastsSH from 0% to 50% so we just halve the value.  ezpz.  if you want to use different morphs, just use the same slider names in bodyslide.  make sure they are cleared when sent 0.

to get this to work, save the psc, recompile it in CK, and then have BF use the NiOverride skeletons.

or before that, while we're at it we could make a few other tweaks for stuff that bugs me!

Event OnEffectFinish(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
    if bInitSpell;/==true/;
        ;ResetBelly()  xmas says say no to cell moving temp abortions
        onExitState()
    endif
    If ActorRef && ActorRef.HasSpell(System.BeeingFemaleSpell)
        ActorRef.RemoveSpell(System.BeeingFemaleSpell)
    EndIf
endEvent

I assume this is a check against old shape changing methods that could have possibly become permanent if they weren't explicitly cleared out on an effect finish or something?  But this is not a danger with setting morphs.  Also, this is what causes the super annoying bit where my preggo follower gets reset anytime I change zones and stays that way until it's her turn for the rolling update again.  No thank you!  comment that resetbelly out of there.

state Luteal_State
    function onUpdateFunction()
        if CurrentStatePercent < 65
            ; Check for Pregnancy
            ; Simulate FH Hormones
            Float rnd = Utility.RandomFloat(0,100)
            float chance = System.LutealImpregnationTime(CurrentStatePercent)
            if chance > rnd
                if System.Controller.ActiveSpermImpregnation(ActorRef);/==true/;
                    ; Actor is pregnant!
                    System.Manager.removeCME(ActorRef,3) ; PMS Effects
                    changeState(4)
                    return
                endif
            endIf
        endIf
        if CurrentStatePercent > 75
            ; Check for PMS
            ;if bHasPMS==false && System.Controller.canBecomePMS(ActorRef);/==true/;
            if bHasPMS ;Tkc (Loverslab): optimization
            else;if bHasPMS==false
                if System.Controller.canBecomePMS(ActorRef)
                    System.Message("Cast PMS for "+ActorRef.GetLeveledActorBase().GetName(), System.MSG_Debug )
                    System.Manager.castCME(ActorRef,3,System.cfg.PMSEffects)
                    bHasPMS=true
                endIf
            endIf

; Check for Tampons (disabled by xmas)
            ;if !isPlayer && ActorRef.GetItemCount(System.Tampon_Normal)<=2  ;***Edit by Bane
            ;if isPlayer ;Tkc (Loverslab): optimization
            ;else;if !isPlayer
                ;if ActorRef.GetItemCount(System.Tampon_Normal)<=2
                    ;ActorRef.AddItem(System.Tampon_Normal,6)
                ;endif
            ;endif
        endif
    endFunction

speaking of followers, sick of constantly clearing tampons out of inventories?  yeah, me too.  comment out that entire npc check at the end of onUpdateFunction() and stop the magic infinite supply at its source.

that's all there is for FWAbilityBeeingFemale.psc.  remember to save before you try to recompile it, or it won't do much.   and remember to modify the last one in the load order, i.e. the bane master patch!

I did say I had something for FWController.psc too so here's one last tweak.  I feel like it's useful to be able to force a morph update on a single NPC.  so I patched the NPC info spell/shout thing to send a belly event like so in function showRankedInfoBox:

if target.GetLeveledActorBase().GetSex()==0
            ent = new string[5]
            ent[0]=2
            ent[2]=Math.Floor(GetVirility(target)*100)
            ent[3]= FWUtility.getActorListNames(getFemalesWithSpermFrom(target, 20) , false)
            ent[4]= FWUtility.getActorListNames(getFemalesImpregnatedFrom(target, 5) , false)
        else
            System.Data.Update(target)
            target.SendModEvent("BeeingFemale", "Belly", 0)  ; xmas patch to force update
            Debug.Notification("Updating morphs for "+target.GetDisplayName()) ; optional inform
            if IsPregnant(target)==false
                Actor[] a = GetRelevantSpermActors(target, true);getMalesInWoman(target)
                ent = new string[9]
                ent[0]=0
                ent[5]=getContraception(target) as int
                ent[6]=GetContraceptionDuration(target)
                ent[7]=getRelativePregnancyChance(target)
                ent[8]=FWUtility.getActorListNames(a,false)
            else
                ent = new string[8]
                ent[0]=1
                ent[5]=GetNumBabys(target)
                ent[6]=GetBabyHealth(target) as int
                ent[7]=FWUtility.getActorListNames(getFathers(target, 8), true)
            endif
        endif

So, let's say CK is being stupid and can't find psc files in the scripts/source folder from SkyUI (namely SKI_WidgetBase.psc) no matter where I put them, Skyrim data folder or/and Mod Organizer. At which I then tried to extracting SkyUI BSA pex files into the data/scripts folder and it still wouldn't compile in CK.

How much of an ass will I make myself if I change the psc files using Notepad++ without using CK to compile scripts?

1 hour ago, LT Roarke said:

Reveal hidden contents

So, let's say CK is being stupid and can't find psc files in the scripts/source folder from SkyUI (namely SKI_WidgetBase.psc) no matter where I put them, Skyrim data folder or/and Mod Organizer. At which I then tried to extracting SkyUI BSA pex files into the data/scripts folder and it still wouldn't compile in CK.

How much of an ass will I make myself if I change the psc files using Notepad++ without using CK to compile scripts?

until you successfully recompile any script changes to a psc skyrim will still be using the old unchanged pex, so nothing will happen.

if you grabbed from https://github.com/schlangster/skyui/tree/master/dist/Data/Scripts/Source like the thing says they're all unpacked already so the bsa shouldn't be an issue.  on MO if you hit the data tab on the middle right and you don't see SKI_WidgetBase.psc under scripts > source then for whatever reason it's in the wrong place.  if it's in the right place and CK still is having issues, not every error is a missing file error, so try clicking the "Failed" line in the top textarea of the compile dialog and checking the unhelpfully tiny bottom textarea to read the specific text of what it's complaining about for insights

unfortunately getting CK to work is a bit over my pay grade as whatever current form mine has taken has been via various patches and tweaks through the years and hell if I know what all got it to the point where it usually doesn't screw up.  I suggest consulting STEP and the usual suspects for things to try in that regard.

even so mine still screws up a lot though.  I have to force quit it to shut down every time and occasionally it replaces the first 10-15 lines of my psc files with an error message when I try to compile which is super annoying to rollback.

Thanks! I managed to tracked down the culprit (RaceMenu) since SKI_WidgetBase.psc is in the scripts/source folder for sure. Reading the text area under a failed compile of FWAbilityBeeingFemale helped since it keeps showing "Nioverride undefined variables" so I unpacked the BSA from RaceMenu and now it's working!

I hope it pulls thru now that I can compile. I don't know why CK asks me if SKI_WidgetBase is missing. Maybe it's just being difficult.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know how to make this work for males?

I know it wouldn't make sense for a male to get preggo, but hey to each their own and it's a fantasy game, nothing about it is real. I'm sure there are a lot of others out there into male pregnancy as well. So please, I'm not interested in unhelpful or judgmental comments. 

Genuine help would be greatly appreciated.

There has to be some way to remove the gender check, but I've never done any script writing so I have no idea what I'm looking for in the scripts. 

Thanks in advance. 

16 minutes ago, KodeyReindeer said:

Anyone know how to make this work for males?

I know it wouldn't make sense for a male to get preggo, but hey to each their own and it's a fantasy game, nothing about it is real. I'm sure there are a lot of others out there into male pregnancy as well. So please, I'm not interested in unhelpful or judgmental comments. 

Genuine help would be greatly appreciated.

There has to be some way to remove the gender check, but I've never done any script writing so I have no idea what I'm looking for in the scripts. 

Thanks in advance. 

No the mod do not support that, sorry for that. And it will not be.

There was some talking about it for ages ago, but Milz refused because it is one mod that similates FEMALES.

2 minutes ago, Uncle64 said:

There was some talking about it for ages ago, but Milz refused because it is one mod that similates FEMALES.

Well that's dissapointing. I don't understand why modders are so against their mods working for male characters. If they don't want it in their mod they could at least let us know how to do it ourselves.

Guess I'll just have to go about it with trial and error fiddling with the scripts. I know it uses skyrim base gender system so I just need to figure out how to bypass that. And I will... Eventually. I was hoping to skip the mission of going through 1000s apon 1000s of script lines to figure it out. Especially when I don't know how to write scripts myself. But hey, I figured it out with estrus chaurus+, I'll figure this one out too. 

1 hour ago, Uncle64 said:

It wouldn't make sense for him/her to refuse male compatibility when he/she posted this in his FAQs:

Q: Is the Sourcecode included?
A: Yes! Except the widgets and the native code, everything is included

Q: May I create an AddOn?
A: Sure! please create as many AddOns as you want and please, share them and don't be shy.

11 hours ago, Kodey Caribou said:

It wouldn't make sense for him/her to refuse male compatibility when he/she posted this in his FAQs:

Q: Is the Sourcecode included?
A: Yes! Except the widgets and the native code, everything is included

Q: May I create an AddOn?
A: Sure! please create as many AddOns as you want and please, share them and don't be shy.

I go for realism, so I wouldn't add that to my game but if that's what you want for your game. Go for it, no one said you can't have your own addon.

9 hours ago, Zathuul said:

I go for realism, so I wouldn't add that to my game but if that's what you want for your game. Go for it, no one said you can't have your own addon.

Thanks. That's why I ask if anyone know what settings I'd need to change in the scripts. Because I dunno whats going on in there. With no programming background there's only so much I can wrap my head around before I start to realize I still don't understand a thing. ?

Trial and error has been my way, but the way he/she has written the code is confusing to me... Maybe someday I'll crack the case. ?