Breasts stretch REALLY far then said npc sometimes goes invisible.

I also have the same issue with my follower, but it seems tied to the HDT cape I gave her. I took the cape away and that seemed to be the end of it, but now she stretches and turns invisible at certain load doors anyway and I have to leave and re-enter a few times, or fast travel to a different location for her to re-appear. I'm going to try the Vilja trick ... thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why not create a script that reequips the item(s) thats causing the issue (armor,wigs,tails etc) everytime the follower/npc comes in visible range (teleport follower, room transitions etc.)?

I've the issue too and I'm sick of reequiping the wig of my follower everytime she becomes invisble. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Does that work? Only, I was considering doing this, but when I got the search working in notepad++ it said: Search "<hkparam name="value">127</hkparam>" (2472 hits in 156 files) over my mods directories (I use mod organiser). That's an awful lot of files and I doubt if I did that I'd have any chance of remembering which ones I'd changed.

On the other hand I'm getting fed up with being killed by invisible bandits.

Hugs

I braved the changing millions of occurrences of this and it seems to be a lot better. Haven't been attacked by an invisible bandit for a while know. However, I did get into one situation during a um event where my own hair (one of the KS HDT hairdos) went zooming off somewhere by itself, and I got dragged along with it to exactly the same place as I was already along with the loading screen you get at that point. And my hair remained in strange mode till I loaded back a save.

Hugs

• 4 months later...

Hi, you can try this. It works for me. Open the "hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml" or what ever your controlling .xml is for cape, armor, whatever, with Notepad++. Search for the lines: <hkparam name="maxLinearVelocity"> and <hkparam name="maxAngularVelocity">. You will see a parameter like <hkparam name="value">255</hkparam>. If your value is not 255, change it to 255. The stretching appears to happen when the mesh movement moves faster than the max velocity integer. If you have hdt cape, You can easily reproduce stretching simply by using Whirlwind Sprint shout. Once you change all above parameters, the stretch no longer happens. I did this for Clothes and Cloaks. I have not had any problems with stretching or invisibility on NPC or Followers. I do not use any changes to HAVOK ini. Of course your computer setup may come in to play, so results may very. Just thought I would share, because i used to have the same problems. I'm currently using HDT Clothes and Robes for all NPC's, HDT Cloaks(Myself and Sofia), HDT Underwear (Myself and Sofia), Custom version of HDT Marie Rose Hair (Myself), HDT Changeable Hair Ribbons for Marie Rose Hair (Myself), HDT Weapon Sling for XPMSE(Myself), and custom Hats/Hoods with HDT Hair (Myself), and of coures HDT Bodies (CBBE HDT including Sofia) all with no problem. Good luck, hopes this helps you to.

This fixed it for me, thank you :)

Been looking for a fix for months, was about to revert all my armors to non-HDT, glad I don't have to do it now

Hi, you can try this. It works for me. Open the "hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml" or what ever your controlling .xml is for cape, armor, whatever, with Notepad++. Search for the lines: <hkparam name="maxLinearVelocity"> and <hkparam name="maxAngularVelocity">. You will see a parameter like <hkparam name="value">255</hkparam>. If your value is not 255, change it to 255. The stretching appears to happen when the mesh movement moves faster than the max velocity integer. If you have hdt cape, You can easily reproduce stretching simply by using Whirlwind Sprint shout. Once you change all above parameters, the stretch no longer happens. I did this for Clothes and Cloaks. I have not had any problems with stretching or invisibility on NPC or Followers. I do not use any changes to HAVOK ini. Of course your computer setup may come in to play, so results may very. Just thought I would share, because i used to have the same problems. I'm currently using HDT Clothes and Robes for all NPC's, HDT Cloaks(Myself and Sofia), HDT Underwear (Myself and Sofia), Custom version of HDT Marie Rose Hair (Myself), HDT Changeable Hair Ribbons for Marie Rose Hair (Myself), HDT Weapon Sling for XPMSE(Myself), and custom Hats/Hoods with HDT Hair (Myself), and of coures HDT Bodies (CBBE HDT including Sofia) all with no problem. Good luck, hopes this helps you to.

Wow, this is indeed a great hint. Dunno about invisible NPCs but it helps a lot to prevent meshes from glitching out and thrashing around wildly with HDT PE.  :)

Thanks a lot for that!

And thank you for bringing it to my attention by quoting it, Anisei.  ;)

Going to try it out. My pc has no issues with stretching but npc's are stretching and going invisible all the time. So its getting annoying.

So we just keep searching for <hkparam name="maxLinearVelocity"> and <hkparam name="maxAngularVelocity"> and change every single one of them to 255 right? and not just  the first two?

Does it have any negative effects? If it works it sure solves alot of annoying issues.

Thanks!

Does it have any negative effects? If it works it sure solves alot of annoying issues.

Thanks!

You can have npcs and the pc carried by impulses when entering and leaving a cell, resulting in death by havok or ending up somewhere you're not supposed to be able to get to, particularly if you have PE hair or cloaks.

Again the same paradigm that covers PE in the first place; the closer your constant framerate is to either 60 if you don't have the havok "fix" (do notice quotations)  or whatever your framerate is if you have it, the far less likely it is to happen.

Hi, you can try this. It works for me. Open the "hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml" or what ever your controlling .xml is for cape, armor, whatever, with Notepad++. Search for the lines: <hkparam name="maxLinearVelocity"> and <hkparam name="maxAngularVelocity">. You will see a parameter like <hkparam name="value">255</hkparam>. If your value is not 255, change it to 255.

Holy smokes!

It's too early to tell if this fixed it for good but it's definitely a massive improvement at the very least.

You don't know how grateful I am for this hint - thank you so much!

Hi, you can try this. It works for me. Open the "hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml" or what ever your controlling .xml is for cape, armor, whatever, with Notepad++. Search for the lines: <hkparam name="maxLinearVelocity"> and <hkparam name="maxAngularVelocity">. You will see a parameter like <hkparam name="value">255</hkparam>. If your value is not 255, change it to 255.

Holy smokes!

It's too early to tell if this fixed it for good but it's definitely a massive improvement at the very least.

You don't know how grateful I am for this hint - thank you so much!

It works for me too.  Amazing improvement!  Thank you dgrx!

Right. What's even more amazing is that this also fixed my problem with clutter explosions when entering certain small interiors, like The Pawned Prawn and Belethor's General Goods.

What an unexpected and very pleasant bonus! Thanks very much again.

P.S. I still haven't seen a single instance of stretching of bodyparts since I edited my hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml according to dgrx's instructions - not one! Superb!

P.P.S. Like Anisei, I, too, was about ready to ditch my HDT armors and clothing and replace them with "rigid" or Vanilla versions because I was so frustrated by this issue. In fact, I had already started with a few especially troublesome outfits.

Well, that's not going to be necessary now. How cool is that? :)

• 2 weeks later...

dgrx, on 24 Jul 2016 - 06:44 AM, said:snapback.png

Hi, you can try this. It works for me. Open the "hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml" or what ever your controlling .xml is for cape, armor, whatever, with Notepad++. Search for the lines: <hkparam name="maxLinearVelocity"> and <hkparam name="maxAngularVelocity">. You will see a parameter like <hkparam name="value">255</hkparam>. If your value is not 255, change it to 255. The stretching appears to happen when the mesh movement moves faster than the max velocity integer. If you have hdt cape, You can easily reproduce stretching simply by using Whirlwind Sprint shout. Once you change all above parameters, the stretch no longer happens. I did this for Clothes and Cloaks. I have not had any problems with stretching or invisibility on NPC or Followers. I do not use any changes to HAVOK ini. Of course your computer setup may come in to play, so results may very. Just thought I would share, because i used to have the same problems. I'm currently using HDT Clothes and Robes for all NPC's, HDT Cloaks(Myself and Sofia), HDT Underwear (Myself and Sofia), Custom version of HDT Marie Rose Hair (Myself), HDT Changeable Hair Ribbons for Marie Rose Hair (Myself), HDT Weapon Sling for XPMSE(Myself), and custom Hats/Hoods with HDT Hair (Myself), and of coures HDT Bodies (CBBE HDT including Sofia) all with no problem. Good luck, hopes this helps you to.

The mother of all issues with HDT solved with this simple modification. You are doing Gods work. Thank You so much!!!

HDT hair on followers are still jumpy in certain angles but much much better. Many of KS Hairdo's HDT hairs were jumpy as hell. Not anymore.

No more jiggly breasts and butts. No more invisibility. Tested with teleport from Underground Bathhouse to Markarth. Exit the Silver Blood Inn before. Poof my follower was gone with certainty. Not anymore. 

Just to make sure I understand.  This only needs to be changed on the hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml file, not on each individual HDT XML file right?

tested for 3 days now for several hours each day. WORKS. I did hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml and hdtvagina.xml, changing every instance of 127 to 255 (i did not see any other max velocities besides those two). no more dissapearing characters.

this is the best tip for us lovers lab hdt folks!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool::heart: :heart: :heart:

OMFG!!! This guy must be on top and marked as THE answer. You sir are a savior, thanks a lot! Bump this thread!

i56wpd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing! Yes it works! No invible NPCs and no flapping breast or butts anymore.

Thank you soooo much!

Does anybody know: Why isn't 255 the default value for maxLinearVelocity and maxAngularVelocity in the files mentioned above?

Nope did not work. Already the values were set at 255 and I'm still having this issue. If anybody has a new solution please let me know...... I'm thinking it might be a load order issue but not sure.

It's not bulletproof, if you have some hdt items that conflict like long hair, earrings, boobs, skirt at the same time you/NPC will turn invisible, be reasonable.

It's not my player having the issue but mostly NPC's. I get it that multiple HDT items could cause an issue but I think it's coming from the clothing which I haven't had a problem before. I do believe it's the skeleton XPMSE. I'm still looking at the problem currently. However, the examples you provided in your response are not conflicting with each other. It's more of a skeleton issue. And I am being reasonable.  I wouldn't make a post if this problem was constant. I played through without this issue popping up. Now on this current play-through it's happening and my previous solutions do not work. Hence why I posted looking for help, not for someone looking for an opportunity to be an ass and tell me to be reasonable. If you DO have another solution for me or anybody else to try I would like to know. If it works I'll give you all the credit of being a genius.