Mass Effect 3

HanPL

EA = Origin

ME = EA

Don't see nothing stupid in that.

If they want to use ME3 as bait for people to get origin, it's contraproductive to make the demo need origin too.

I planned on making a sandbox environment for origins for the actual game, now I have to do it for the demo.

Thank god, the mass effect trilogy is complete with the third part.

The first Mass Effect was amazing, played it so many times i lost count to get everything and get lvl 60. The credits song always sent a chill down my spine and had me smiling from ear to ear.

The second one was fun and loved the music in afterlife and the final mission (The boss tho wtf!?) was stunning as was the mission for the last companion. But Mass Effect 2 missed alot what i loved about Mass Effect.

After playing the Mass Effect 3 demo, the first part i loved what was happening story wise but combat i didn't like (no sniper rifle!! Always played Infiltrator in all Mass Effect games) 2nd part for me was a big meh.

I will get it still to finish the story and to have Ash as my companion again, but if the ending doesn't hook me the same way Mass Effect 1 did, will be so pissed.

Hm.. Played the demo now too, and I don't like the fights either. All those spacebar move actions are pretty confusing. What happens when I press space in the heat of a fight? Do I run? Do I jump? Do I hide behind some object automatically? Such things may be usefull if you are playing the game on a gaming console, but I find that personally pretty annoying if playing on a PC.

And Why is melee still on the F-key? Why can't they make it default, when you have no ammo anymore? Why should I hit someone with my fist, when I still have ammo? Never liked that feature, but in ME1 & 2 you could pretty much ignore it. Pretty sure that you need it in ME3.

And yes: I too missed the sniper rifle. Obviously they don't want me to kill them pesci monsters from far away, but to go there and hit them in the face.

I liked what was storywise in the demo tho.

No sniper rifles? Seriously? That's more than a little disappointing, especially considering that I typically go infiltrator. It's not like the combat has been the best part of the series, but still...you can't just drop a class-defining weap. Maybe it's only missing in the demo?

Maybe it's only missing in the demo?

Possibly. But there is some new stabbing weapon you can use in combitation with the tactical cloak. Maybe that's their new vision of the infiltrator? :-/

EDIT: In the class description of the infiltrator the sniper rifle is still mentioned. I hope that means it is in the game.

I was gunna try the demo and see if my computer could play it.

But it requires orgins. So no I will not try it.

I'll try the PS3 demo and If I like it I'll rent the game.

don't really care for the ME series. It's fun I guess. But I could only handle a single playthrough. a 2nd one was too boring. and I couldn't care less about multiplayer.

There is sniper rifle for Soldier and other classes in multiplayer so there will be sniper rifle for single player don't worry about that.

I'm pretty sure that I even saw Shepard with sniper in one of the trailers :D

@Evilokami

Time to get use to it.

Majority of the games requires now Steam or Origin and we can't do anything about it.

Steam got hacked leaked all account infos etc.

Origin = spying some info which I don't mind since most people share info about their rigs/windows and other stuff on forums/xifre etc.

HanPL, you do know that the steam had the important stuff encrypted right? The only things that weren't weren't were usernames, and billing addresses. At least it wasn't like Sony who stored everything in plain text.

Anyway, I get the feeling that most people aren't going to bite on Origin. There's a lot of complaints I'm seeing today where it was simply not working even when running and booting people out of the demo.

I have no problem with demo playing multi as we speak :D

Also I'm not going to pass on good games like ME 3 and other just becasue it's integrated with Origin.

Dunno Polish version of Origin works very very good so maybe it's something with foregin version :D

And about Steam

Steam database hacked. Encrypted credit card information and passwords compromised

:rolleyes:

Gabe-IM.jpg

So nothing is safe.

If hackers want to break something they will no matter if it's steam or origin

So nothing is safe.

If hackers want to break something they will no matter if it's steam or origin

If you don't have the hash and salted tables, you can do nothing with encrypted databases. And they don't have it. It's nothing but a bunch of garbage to you. At worst they have usernames, email addresses, and mail addresses. Which is exactly the same things you can skim and cross link from the internet now. Because people are stupid, and post that stuff all on their own.

So yes, plenty is safe. You can hack anything, but if something is encrypted. It's useless, unless your security is full of bumbling numbfucks like Sony. Who stored everything in plain text, like this post.

I've simply heard too many not-very-encouraging things about Origin, although to be fair, Steam has had a comparatively long time to "mature," so to speak. Still, competition in the marketplace is all well and good, but when you've got something established and fairly reliable like Steam (it's always worked for me, at any rate :P) going up against something new that, as far as I've heard, is a big POS, well...I can't see many people wanting to go with the unimpressive new guy.

I have no problem with demo playing multi as we speak :D

Also I'm not going to pass on good games like ME 3 and other just becasue it's integrated with Origin.

Dunno Polish version of Origin works very very good so maybe it's something with foregin version :D

So there is a sniper rifle. That's something to hang on to. Thanks. :)

Well "one " thing button maybe usefull on easy becasue even in multi on silver before you get to enemy without stuning them first you will be dead.

But Anderson animation :D

Omg xD

Also why Female Shep have same running animation as my Soldier on multi xD

Well,I think I will pass Mass Effect 3

I liked the first,second way less even if it was still a good game,but third...I have a not that good feeling about it,for what I have seen it is almost as if it was no longer a "somewhat" RPG,but mostly an action game...

Plus need to subscribe to Origine and so on,Steam is enough for me so far

To bad,I am still searching a good SciFi game(not related to a movie...)

Well they claim that demo is 6 month old but I kind doubt that.

Multi is really done well (and it was made by seperate studio ) have good animations etc.

While Single was made by bioware and...we get this.

Just look at it

me33.gif

Most of the assets are 6mo old but they should have at least patched over the newer animation files. I mean seriously. The demo here is the same as the leaked xbox demo from 6mo ago, with the final graphics laid in and the scripting finished.

Archived