[Halted] Call of the Wild - Primal Magic

Deep Red

Banner_II.jpg

As of 11/11/14, development of Call of the Wild has been halted indefinitely.

Last Updated on: November 11th, 2014

Overview.jpg

Primal Magic aims to add a new dimension into the vanilla magic casting system. It is a nudist, wilderness, and druidic themed mod that will add a host of powerful abilities, items, and ancient magicks for the player. It revolves around the idea of harnessing a new form of magickal energy known as Primal Energy, which is from the Earth and the creatures around you. The Dragonborn is able to manipulate and use this energy to cast devastating elemental spells, command nature's beasts, weaken or confuse their enemies, and reinvigorate themselves or those around them.

Features.jpg

A new casting resource! - Call of the Wild will introduce a new consumable resource called Primal Energy, or your "Primal Urges". This resource is the reservoir of energy you will draw from to cast the new magickal spells and make use of the special abilities you will gain as a guardian of Nirn's fauna and flora; this will appear on your UI, above your stamina bar as a fourth and fully functional resource.

As you channel primal energy throughout your body, a small residual amount of energy remains in your body and continues to accumulate. This energy causes you to become sexually aroused for as long as it still in you. Each time you use your primal abilities, your urges slowly increase until your resource bar has filled. This represents the point where your body can no longer hold excess primal energy and you must purge the remaining energy to again resume casting Primal Magic spells and using special abilities. While the bar is completely maxed out, the Primal Energy overflow begins to damage your body and mind (health, stamina, and mana). The bar will naturally increase over time, but at a much slower rate.

To reset this resource and gain the ability to cast effectively again, you must engage in sexual activity which brings an orgasm. This can be anything from masturbation, sexual intercourse, receiving oral sex, and the likes. Additionally, craftable incense will lower your primal urges by calming you, much like how potions temporarily give you a boost to your health, magicka, or stamina while in combat. Aphrodisiacs will increase your primal urges, but more on this later.

The use of primal abilities however, is heavily restricted by clothing and armor. The wearing of clothing and armor while using primal abilities causes additional residue energy to remain in your body and the friction of your clothes against your genitalia massively increases the amount of primal urges gained by using your abilities. The most effective way to use the resource is to remain nude and only utilize the special primal gear.

New magicks in the form of four subschools - You will be able to use powerful new magicks that all key off of the new casting resource of primal energy via your primal urges bar.

• Ferocity - Combat enhancing abilities and buffs for melee focused characters to let you take on an aspect of the ferocious beasts of the wild.
  • Elemental - Powerful magicks which harness the force of mother nature's four elements (fire, wind, water, and earth) to cause direct damage to others.
  • Growth - Restorative and damage based magick which utilizes the the energy of Skyrim's fauna and flora around you. These can be used to both heal or harm.
  • Allure - Sexual magicks which can temporarily mesmerize, charm, or distract enemies by augmenting your sex appeal. Similar to the illusion school of magic, the allure subschool can bend the minds of those around you.

Animal Companion - You will be able to obtain an animal companion to accompany you throughout skyrim by performing a ritual in the wilds. Your companion will fight for you and aid you just like a follower so long as you make sure to reaffirm your bonds with it through intimate expression. Your bonds are renewed each time your companion and you have sex. Note: This feature will be customizable via MCM, for those who do not like this aspect. This will be disabled if you do not have bestiality enabled on sexlab! All animal companions will likely be mammals.

The role of your potential animal companions:

• Wolf - Speed & distractions.
  • Bear - Tanking & resilience.
  • Saber - Damage & crowd control.

Magickal Tattoos - You will be able to receive a permanent set of tattoos on your body that will mark you as a follower of a particular subschool of primal magic. These tattoos will unlock a single, very powerful capstone ability based on the tattoo you receive. These capstone abilities consume primal energy from your reservoir and will reduce it to zero again, perfect for long fights. They will actually have stronger effects the stronger full your primal urges are, as you will have the primal energy trapped within your body at their disposal. Capstone abilities will have cooldowns for balance purposes.

Aphrodisiacs and Incense - Aphrodisiacs will give you an increase to your primal urges bar, perfect if you are about to use your capstone ability. More on this later, however.

New & Unique Craftables - Gather exotic plants, parts of dangerous beasts, and scavenge common materials within your domain of the forest to create new potions, weapons, clothing, and other consumables. While most of these materials will be relatively easy to obtain and largely renewable, there will be others which are difficult to acquire but are necessary for rituals or higher end equipment.

Expansive Rituals - Performing the long-forgotten sacred rituals will be a key feature in Call of the Wild. The forest has chosen you as its protector and you are expected to uphold that role by going through a number of rituals which honor the vows you made. The gifts which you were granted come with a price. You will need to regularly thank the spirits of the forest or appease them, should harm come to the forest due to your incompetence. These rituals will be of sexual nature and may involve exotic ingredients such as the blood of a virgin, the semen of a specific beast,  or even your own blood are all amongst the list possible required items. If the spirits are satisfied with your offer, they will grant you long-term boosts or another equally beneficial reward. There will also be two types of rituals: the ones taught to you by the four sages, and the ones you learn from the forest spirits. Each will have their own distinct style and flavor as well as rewards.

In-depth Quests - Instead of dropping a player in the middle of it and allowing them to figure it out on their own. Call of the Wild will feature an arc of quests to slowly and gradually introduce the Dragonborn to the Primal Magicks. Initially, the story will be centered around the player's relationship with one of the four sages of each corresponding subschool of magic. Later it will evolve and change as they either choose to detract from their mentor's teachings, or complete their training. Your race, gender, and possibly even political alignment will all have an effect on either how well or badly you are received. Note: Custom races will likely not be supported for obvious reasons. And yes, your race will matter.

The Four Sages - Four wise and powerful sages will inhabit Skyrim's wilderness, living in seclusion. These masters of Primal Magic will have their own unique personality and expectations toward the player character. Each of them will possess the mastery of a single subschool of magic and are willing to take in the Dragonborn as an apprentice, should they show enough proficiency and devotion toward their corresponding school. If you prove yourself a worthy enough student, you might perhaps be able to take your relationship with your master to the next level.

Piercings, Jewelry, and Special Clothing - Erotic piercings, jewelry, and piercings are the staple equipment used by primal casters. Their bodies are adorned from head to toe in enchanted jewelry that enhances their magical casting abilities and grants them limited protective qualities. Other articles of clothing made from furs and other natural resources are occasionally worn. However, they serve merely modesty purposes when visiting civilization, as their norms require everyone to wear clothing to maintain a necessary level of decency.

Important!

On Body Compatibility - As the first few iterations of CotW become available, we will initially support the 7B Bombshell, UNP and UNPB bodies. The reason for this is mainly due to the fact that these are the body replacers which we find appealing and use ourselves. However, as the development progresses out of the alpha phase, I will begin gradually adapting the new art assets for CBBE-based bodies. And before anyone asks, no, I will not be adding bodyslide support as I personally don't use CBBE nor bodyslide itself. Additionally, it is uncertain whether TBBP will be supported. I personally do not use it and have little interest in learning how it works. Standard BBP, however, will be supported.

Project_Memebers.jpg

Johnnyred - Art Assets, Questmaking, Scripting, Project "Director"

RangedPhoenix - Lead Scripter and Quest Developer

Preview.jpg

Preview sneak peeks also coming soon!

Glad to see everything looking abit better now :)

cant wait for beta's, iv even stopped playing for now till this is due :) that way it will be a complete new game again due to the way this mod is going to be looking forward to it :)

A playable version is still a ways off. You'd best keep playing!

cant wait for beta's, iv even stopped playing for now till this is due :) that way it will be a complete new game again due to the way this mod is going to be looking forward to it :)

A playable version is still LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG a ways off. You'd best keep playing!

FTFY. I tend to only mod when the mood strikes me. Don't expect it to be anything that is super amazingly game-changing either. The goal is to make it more or less a "supplement" for characters that choose to use it.

A playable version is still LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG a ways off. You'd best keep playing!

FTFY. I tend to only mod when the mood strikes me. Don't expect it to be anything that is super amazingly game-changing either. The goal is to make it more or less a "supplement" for characters that choose to use it.

i do use a lot of mods myself, but iv stopped playing it for 2 reasons really, 1, i tend to play casters/mages all the time and as this mod is a magic supplment mod its worth waiting for and 2, it get s borring after a while playing the same things over and over again lol, plus on the up side DAI is due out in oct and i have it pre-ordered so im re playing DAO and DA2 so im good for a while lol

still keep looking at new stuff for skyrim though

I do have a question though, 

u have said that u will support the 7base bombshell body, but i was hoping you would use the 7base tbbp body aswell as i use this body for HDT as i could never get the bombshell body to run HDT right, will you be supporting the TBBP body from 7base?

"they serve merely modesty purposes when visiting civilization", will there be any special or more in depth or different than vanilla regular interactions with civilization, as in npcs, besides what will be included in the quests?

i do use a lot of mods myself, but iv stopped playing it for 2 reasons really, 1, i tend to play casters/mages all the time and as this mod is a magic supplment mod its worth waiting for and 2, it get s borring after a while playing the same things over and over again lol, plus on the up side DAI is due out in oct and i have it pre-ordered so im re playing DAO and DA2 so im good for a while lol

u have said that u will support the 7base bombshell body, but i was hoping you would use the 7base tbbp body aswell as i use this body for HDT as i could never get the bombshell body to run HDT right, will you be supporting the TBBP body from 7base?

Ah, DA:O.. one of the best games ever made imo. Yeah, I'm pretty excited over DA III this fall as well!

We might do other bodies. The 7Base family is pretty similar in form so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle to adapt the stuff for it. BBP support is a given at this point, but TBBP is another story. I don't normally work with TBBP-enabled meshes, so my experience in working with them is fairly limited. Unfortunately, the extra breast "bones" add another level of complexity to skinning the meshes to the body. I've always wanted to use the 7B Bombshell TBBP body, but I've been too lazy to learn how to correctly skin meshes to it. :P We'll see about this, perhaps somewhere past the beta release.

"they serve merely modesty purposes when visiting civilization", will there be any special or more in depth or different than vanilla regular interactions with civilization, as in npcs, besides what will be included in the quests?

Yes and no. Yes, because the original plan was to avoid civilization once you were in it with the sages. Since the player character was required to run around nude to take full advantage of their new abilities, the team had planned to expand upon these interactions. For example, an idea was to make public indecency a crime within the major holds. Not a particularly serious one, but enough to get you to reconsider visiting a hold due to incessant hassling from the guards or having to pay fines. This would in theory promote a bit of synergy with other SexLab mods, as running around naked within a city carries a risk of being raped. We won't really be overhauling these interactions though. Just changing them enough to accommodate the new themes CotW introduces.

As for the quests, our ideas for them are mostly still on paper and prone to change at any given time. Just know that there will be enough sex to keep a player interested, but not too much to overstay its welcome.

yeah i guess it makes sense, but as i try to picture it there's more to this than meets the eye. I can first off think of how the DB fits in the world, did she live always in the wilderness secluded, or is she abandoning civilization and off to find the sages. In the first case she would come off as headstrong and confident, she would be bold enough to brave trips to cities without too much preparation (at least the first one)... also the reactions of the townsfolk would range from ignoring to curiously poke the visitor about some of her ways and maybe some that just want to give her a hard time so they create mischief around her... In the second scenario the DB would brave civilization with more care, maybe she would make use of shape shifting (like a bird or something to get in and around the city), she would sneak around, or she would use some more modest outfits, instead of her skimpy pelts and whatever.

and on this note "detract from their mentor's teaching", considering that staying away from population will most likely be most beneficial for a primal magic user and ofc in line with teachings, a way to fail your master would probably be having a sweet spot for someone in a city and making regular visits to said person...

my original post was kinda going at those 3 reactions, ignoring, curiosity and giving a hard time... so yeah, there's my 2 cents, do what you want with it

Ah, DA:O.. one of the best games ever made imo. Yeah, I'm pretty excited over DA III this fall as well!

We might do other bodies. The 7Base family is pretty similar in form so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle to adapt the stuff for it. BBP support is a given at this point, but TBBP is another story. I don't normally work with TBBP-enabled meshes, so my experience in working with them is fairly limited. Unfortunately, the extra breast "bones" add another level of complexity to skinning the meshes to the body. I've always wanted to use the 7B Bombshell TBBP body, but I've been too lazy to learn how to correctly skin meshes to it. :P We'll see about this, perhaps somewhere past the beta release.

Yes and no. Yes, because the original plan was to avoid civilization once you were in it with the sages. Since the player character was required to run around nude to take full advantage of their new abilities, the team had planned to expand upon these interactions. For example, an idea was to make public indecency a crime within the major holds. Not a particularly serious one, but enough to get you to reconsider visiting a hold due to incessant hassling from the guards or having to pay fines. This would in theory promote a bit of synergy with other SexLab mods, as running around naked within a city carries a risk of being raped. We won't really be overhauling these interactions though. Just changing them enough to accommodate the new themes CotW introduces.

As for the quests, our ideas for them are mostly still on paper and prone to change at any given time. Just know that there will be enough sex to keep a player interested, but not too much to overstay its welcome.

the problem i have, it says that bbp and tbbp are both HDT rdy, but for some reason i just cant get any bbp bodys to run HDT the collision is always off and when i try to change armors it CTD so iv just stuck with the 7base TBBP body, if i manage to get the bombshell body to work then i would happliy go back to using that body, 

and as for DA,O :) its one of the best rpg games thats been out in a long while, and DA 3 they have gone back to how DA,O runs now, its alot bigger each cell is now diffrent unlike DA2, but its still its own story that just continues the story of both games :)

the only other game set that i think comes close to the DA set is the mass effect set that is also one of the best games iv played in a long while 

-snip-

Yes and no. Yes, because the original plan was to avoid civilization once you were in it with the sages. Since the player character was required to run around nude to take full advantage of their new abilities, the team had planned to expand upon these interactions. For example, an idea was to make public indecency a crime within the major holds. -snip-

Boy, female players would really be screwed if they were to use slaverun then, haha. Anyways, I was thinking about a reaction more in line with something like how requiem handles nudity. You can do it, but shopkeepers will charge you ridiculously high prices for goods. Perhaps your ability to persuade or intimidate others could also be hindered as well..

-snip-

Yes and no. Yes, because the original plan was to avoid civilization once you were in it with the sages. Since the player character was required to run around nude to take full advantage of their new abilities, the team had planned to expand upon these interactions. For example, an idea was to make public indecency a crime within the major holds. -snip-

Boy, female players would really be screwed if they were to use slaverun then, haha. Anyways, I was thinking about a reaction more in line with something like how requiem handles nudity. You can do it, but shopkeepers will charge you ridiculously high prices for goods. Perhaps your ability to persuade or intimidate others could also be hindered as well..

Someone walking around naked, wearing badass piercings and carrying themselves with confidence would probably be fairly intimidating, especially if they have an 800 pound bear by their side :)

i'm actually really stoked to see this mod finished hope you guys encounter few problems in you quest of making this mod

Yeah, we're pretty riled up about it as well. :) Hopefully we won't run into any major obstacles. We're actually just wrapping up the last final phases of planning. A good deal of material and lore has changed (for the better, I hope) under new management. The only real thing I can think of that will be an issue is the UI portion of CotW. Phoenix is trying to make sense of how it all works. We feel we're making good progress at the moment, but only time will tell if there's an oversight we missed somewhere.

was thinking about something u have said,(about not being able to go into the major holds) to make it so u can go into the holds to get the quests and recieve rewards for quests done, why not have a spell/ability that make it look like you are wearing clothing/armor for a certain amount of time, I.e i was thinking along the lines of have it last till u run out of mana or the addin that u are making for the mod its self, and to make it lore frindly to the mod itself when the mana or what ever runs out the spell itself wears off and if seen u are thrown into the dungeons and have to find a way out, if its an ability it could last say 10 mins then can not be used for 2 hours or so, that way u can get quests and continue with story, but u still have to be careful not to go into the major holds for long periods of time :) 

BTW if im over stepping the mark with any of my ideas plz feel free to tell me to stop lol :)

was thinking about something u have said,(about not being able to go into the major holds) to make it so u can go into the holds to get the quests and recieve rewards for quests done, why not have a spell/ability that make it look like you are wearing clothing/armor for a certain amount of time, I.e i was thinking along the lines of have it last till u run out of mana or the addin that u are making for the mod its self, and to make it lore frindly to the mod itself when the mana or what ever runs out the spell itself wears off and if seen u are thrown into the dungeons and have to find a way out, if its an ability it could last say 10 mins then can not be used for 2 hours or so, that way u can get quests and continue with story, but u still have to be careful not to go into the major holds for long periods of time :)

BTW if im over stepping the mark with any of my ideas plz feel free to tell me to stop lol :)

Oh, you'll be able to go to the major holds alright. You can expect to be pestered about your lack of decency though. As much as I would like something like this, I'd ultimately have to say no to it because it eliminates the player decision in the end. If we continue to facilitate and accommodate the player for their nudity, CotW essentially becomes an overhaul. This is what we're trying to stay away from. The main goal of this mod is to have the player make a decision of whether they should, say.. put on some winter clothing for the blizzard in the Pale, or to go commando in the snow to take down those bandits trying to rob (rape) you.

I'm not saying there won't be any accommodations to offset the loss of armor/clothing, but they won't allow the player to ignore the fact that they are still running around naked. This was a good idea, btw, but it just doesn't fall in line with our original vision of the mod. Using a mod like Frostfall will make choices such as these carry much more weight than they would without it. Honestly, the use of Frostfall in conjunction with CotW is almost expected.

Why not just add a wreath of sparse leaves or make something invisible as an outfit... to my understanding all it takes is something in the armor slot... could be a darn shoe string around the waist. ;)

Oh, you'll be able to go to the major holds alright. You can expect to be pestered about your lack of decency though. As much as I would like something like this, I'd ultimately have to say no to it because it eliminates the player decision in the end. If we continue to facilitate and accommodate the player for their nudity, CotW essentially becomes an overhaul. This is what we're trying to stay away from. The main goal of this mod is to have the player make a decision of whether they should, say.. put on some winter clothing for the blizzard in the Pale, or to go commando in the snow to take down those bandits trying to rob (rape) you.

I'm not saying there won't be any accommodations to offset the loss of armor/clothing, but they won't allow the player to ignore the fact that they are still running around naked. This was a good idea, btw, but it just doesn't fall in line with our original vision of the mod. Using a mod like Frostfall will make choices such as these carry much more weight than they would without it. Honestly, the use of Frostfall in conjunction with CotW is almost expected.

no worries then, i was going with something that was said thats all and i thought it could have been a good idea, although now thinking abput it, like u said it would change the aspect of this mod and i like the way it sounds as it is, i use frostfall and CoT aswell so it will be fun trying to figure out the best thing to do while in areas that are in bad weather like havey rain, snow and so on lol,

! thing i do wish to ask, will there be more than 1 tribe? I.e diffrent tribes that specialise in the diffrent magics u are adding with this mod? and if so, will the player be able to change the way they use there magics if they go to the other tribes? or are they set to the 1 class they choose?

also are u making it so that u can start a new player thats starts at the tribes camp or will you get a quest to allow you to find the tribes and join them from there?

There are no tribes in primal magic.

Well, at least not anymore. But this brings up another point: there have been more than a couple changes in Call of the Wild while under new management. I'll be sure to draw up a blog post outlining the important stuff soon.

Archived