[Halted] Call of the Wild - Primal Magic

Deep Red

i would like to make a request though - could it be structured in a way that if someone wanted to change the body type they could do so (like the ningheim race)? after u install it, it has its own mesh and texture folders and u can change it to whatever u wish (i use the UN7B body for mine). granted the 7B bombshell body would be perfect for playing a muscular amazon type woman, but there are other bodies that would be good as well like the "touched by dibella" body. although im sure that would cause problems with body tattoos then but u could also do the same with those as well. that way people could use whatever body they wanted and have whatever tattoos and u wouldnt have to do conversions for all the other body types.

You mean an in-game menu of some sort? Kind of like the Body Changer mod? If so, I don't know if we will. The best answer I can provide is maybe, depending on how difficult it is to do. In my opinion, it's easier to simply choose a body type and stick with it. How I plan on approaching this situation is to provide mesh packages for the body mods we intend on supporting. This way, you could take your pick and overwrite the default mesh files. While the team is all for customization, I feel this might be stepping over the line a bit in terms of flexibility.

However, in terms of tattoos, this will be much easier to accomplish since the vast majority of body mods out there use either the UNP or CBBE UV map. This means only two versions of the tattoos are necessary. Outside of those two, it is unlikely we'll be offering support to another type of body (like Lady Body, for example).

I can't say I'm familiar with the Ningheim race. From what I'm seeing, it's apparently a popular custom race, but I hadn't heard of it until now.

no no, not an in-game menu. what i meant was after u install it, it has its own mesh and texture folders in your skyrim data folder. some races have their own folders inside the data folder and u can change things if u want, but some races dont. the ones that dont have it inside the bsa/esm (whatever it is. im not a modder) and u cant change it without using that nifscope(?) program. i think that is 1 of the reasons why ningheim is so popular. it has its own folders and u can change anything at will. well that and it has ALOT of really good racial abilities that unlock as u level.

alot of custom races have their own folders for meshes/skeletons and texture files. those that dont usually use the vanilla filepath for meshes, skeletons and textures.

ive tried about 6-7 races that dont and dont use the vanilla files. i only stuck with 1 of those. the celestial race

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so how is the development of this mod going? its been silent here for some time

Been pretty busy for the past few weeks, but we've still been working on it. Unfortunately, Phoenix has run into a considerable setback and has lost a good deal (almost all of it) of the progress he's made in regards to rewriting the framework. In spite of losing a lot of work, this is actually a good chance to clean up the code a bit. The original framework was rather messy and inefficient in some places, or so I was told by both Phoenix and Frost.

Does anyone know where those elf ears are from? I've been looking for something like this for ages.

The elf ears are a product of several mods combined. I took the morphs from EEO and tweaked them up a bit and used the Lunari race's old head mesh.. the one that actually had elf ears. It's just a Bosmer girl though. No fancy custom races.

A little update though: For the most part, the framework is done in the sense that we know what we want it to do. Given that the files themselves were accidentally deleted (don't ask how it happened), it would be truly done right now. The next step would be to start tying in the part which interacts with RaceMenu for the tattoos. I've been tasked with this, while Phoenix begins work on the new spells and nudity-aware dynamics of the CotW. Once the framework has been rewritten, this is how the new game plan will look.

you can use slave tats mod for that maby i dont know  it has a system that npc can aply tatoos to the pc

This is the contingency plan if all else fails. We're hesitant to use it because it would add yet another requirement to the list. In theory it shouldn't be too hard to come up with a similar system, but if it turns out to be more work than it's worth I will more than likely just use slavetats instead.

you can use slave tats mod for that maby i dont know  it has a system that npc can aply tatoos to the pc

This is the contingency plan if all else fails. We're hesitant to use it because it would add yet another requirement to the list. In theory it shouldn't be too hard to come up with a similar system, but if it turns out to be more work that it's worth I will more than likely just use slavetats instead.

Look at making it optional from your mod's point - via MCM - Reasoning, There is a decent chance people are using the slavetat mod already, it's gained popularity via a few mods now.

Just rereading the description again, the parts that won't be initially supported for CBBE users would be the tattloos and armor/jewelry?  Aside from that, the mod would be usable for anyone?  I imagine other stuff could be equipped in the meantime.  I'd hate to see this come out and not be able to use it because of some tattoos and clothing.  I know you mentioned it would eventually be worked on.  I wouldn't mind using other stuff until it was 100% compatible.

Right now the plan is to just work on the body type that we both use (sevenbase bombshell). With only two people, we don't really have the luxury of making conversions for the 10 million different body mods out there, because we have things that are a lot more essential to complete. Of course, that doesn't mean somebody won't come along later and do stuff for bodyslide, its just that we won't be the ones doing it.

I totally understand.  I just hoped that the mod itself would be usable, even if the popular 7B and UNPB bodies weren't being used.  I would never ask a mod author to make not even 1 change in their work to adjust to my own selfish needs.  If there is a workaround, such as using CBBE tattoos, piercings and clothing for a roleplay standpoint, then that seems sufficient to the task.

Look at making it optional from your mod's point - via MCM - Reasoning, There is a decent chance people are using the slavetat mod already, it's gained popularity via a few mods now.

As much as we would love to make it an optional or modular part of the CotW, I don't think we can. The tattoos will be an integral feature of the mod, unfortunately. Even if we were to create a script which detects the presence of another mod in the load order, we would still have to come up with a similar system for those who choose not to use slavetats. This is something we're currently looking into.

I totally understand.  I just hoped that the mod itself would be usable, even if the popular 7B and UNPB bodies weren't being used.  I would never ask a mod author to make not even 1 change in their work to adjust to my own selfish needs.  If there is a workaround, such as using CBBE tattoos, piercings and clothing for a roleplay standpoint, then that seems sufficient to the task.

For the tattoos, that's a maybe. Right now, some of the designs on the board are pretty complex and intricate. The problem is that, once again, it boils down to the UV map of both bodies. I know I probably sound like a broken record player by now, but I can't stress enough on how much of a difference it makes. CBBE's UV map is much more prone to distortions and warping around the breasts, hips, and stomach area because the vertices are so spaced apart in those areas. Granted that there are some techniques I can use to mitigate the issue, but even those have their limitations. UNP's UV map is not perfect by any means either, but the troubled areas in CBBE's aren't as pronounced.

In short: If I get enough time, and feel up to the task. I'll very likely make the resource files available for the tattoos in case someone feels up to the challenge in trying to perfect them for CBBE. That's much later down the line, however.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like a fun playthrough, if I may be so bold, please make the tattoos look cool. With so many armor mods I cant be the only player that is into my PCs appearance and it she is only wearing tattoos, maybe (if even possible to do) make it so a tattoo can be chosen to enchant, making it possible to use the many tat resources already available.

The tattoos displayed on first page are pretty badass.  As the character is also wearing a variety of bracelets/bangles, anklets and such, perhaps those have armor ratings and maybe are upgradable for higher armor ratings.  Maybe the accessories are able to be enchanted.  There are other ways too.

Sounds like a fun playthrough, if I may be so bold, please make the tattoos look cool. With so many armor mods I cant be the only player that is into my PCs appearance and it she is only wearing tattoos, maybe (if even possible to do) make it so a tattoo can be chosen to enchant, making it possible to use the many tat resources already available.

I can't guarantee they'll look cool, as that's something subjective, but they'll adhere to the aesthetic mentioned in the latest dev blog post. I'll try to vary it up a little though. Each subschool will have two sets of tattoos initially; chances are that number will expand as we continue to develop it after release. The tattoos themselves though will have a functional use and not merely for looks. I suppose you can look at them as being enchanted, yes.

The tattoos displayed on first page are pretty badass.  As the character is also wearing a variety of bracelets/bangles, anklets and such, perhaps those have armor ratings and maybe are upgradable for higher armor ratings.  Maybe the accessories are able to be enchanted.  There are other ways too.

The jewelry, bracelets, and whatnot aren't going to have armor rating on them. They'll behave as cloth armor in essence, but very special cloth armor which doesn't trigger the penalties involved with wearing clothing or armor once you've made the vow however. Being completely nude will be a viable choice in the end. There will be compensations for the loss of not being able to wear armor and clothing.

I can't guarantee they'll look cool, as that's something subjective, but they'll adhere to the aesthetic mentioned in the latest dev blog post. I'll try to vary it up a little though. Each subschool will have two sets of tattoos initially; chances are that number will expand as we continue to develop it after release. The tattoos themselves though will have a functional use and not merely for looks. I suppose you can look at them as being enchanted, yes.

The jewelry, bracelets, and whatnot aren't going to have armor rating on them. They'll behave as cloth armor in essence, but very special cloth armor which doesn't trigger the penalties involved with wearing clothing or armor once you've made the vow however. Being completely nude will be a viable choice in the end. There will be compensations for the loss of not being able to wear armor and clothing.

That sounds pretty cool.  No complaints here. ^^

i do use a lot of mods myself, but iv stopped playing it for 2 reasons really, 1, i tend to play casters/mages all the time and as this mod is a magic supplment mod its worth waiting for and 2, it get s borring after a while playing the same things over and over again lol, plus on the up side DAI is due out in oct and i have it pre-ordered so im re playing DAO and DA2 so im good for a while lol

still keep looking at new stuff for skyrim though

I do have a question though, 

u have said that u will support the 7base bombshell body, but i was hoping you would use the 7base tbbp body aswell as i use this body for HDT as i could never get the bombshell body to run HDT right, will you be supporting the TBBP body from 7base?

Ah, DA:O.. one of the best games ever made imo. Yeah, I'm pretty excited over DA III this fall as well!

We might do other bodies. The 7Base family is pretty similar in form so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle to adapt the stuff for it. BBP support is a given at this point, but TBBP is another story. I don't normally work with TBBP-enabled meshes, so my experience in working with them is fairly limited. Unfortunately, the extra breast "bones" add another level of complexity to skinning the meshes to the body. I've always wanted to use the 7B Bombshell TBBP body, but I've been too lazy to learn how to correctly skin meshes to it. :P We'll see about this, perhaps somewhere past the beta release.

"they serve merely modesty purposes when visiting civilization", will there be any special or more in depth or different than vanilla regular interactions with civilization, as in npcs, besides what will be included in the quests?

Yes and no. Yes, because the original plan was to avoid civilization once you were in it with the sages. Since the player character was required to run around nude to take full advantage of their new abilities, the team had planned to expand upon these interactions. For example, an idea was to make public indecency a crime within the major holds. Not a particularly serious one, but enough to get you to reconsider visiting a hold due to incessant hassling from the guards or having to pay fines. This would in theory promote a bit of synergy with other SexLab mods, as running around naked within a city carries a risk of being raped. We won't really be overhauling these interactions though. Just changing them enough to accommodate the new themes CotW introduces.

As for the quests, our ideas for them are mostly still on paper and prone to change at any given time. Just know that there will be enough sex to keep a player interested, but not too much to overstay its welcome.

Hi Johnyred,

was looking back on this post and remembered about the body work you are working with,I.e, BBP,TBBP and so on, I found something that may come in handy for you so i thought i would put it on here for you to have a look at, well if you are still working on this anyway :)  http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24797-mesh-rigger-skyrim-fallout-oblivion-beta46-3-23-2014/?do=findComment&comment=623250

was looking back on this post and remembered about the body work you are working with,I.e, BBP,TBBP and so on, I found something that may come in handy for you so i thought i would put it on here for you to have a look at, well if you are still working on this anyway :)  http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24797-mesh-rigger-skyrim-fallout-oblivion-beta46-3-23-2014/?do=findComment&comment=623250

Interesting little tool. I'll play around with it when I get the chance. If it works like I think it does, it could save a lot of time. Thanks for the heads up.

Archived