[Halted] Call of the Wild - Primal Magic

Deep Red

There are no tribes in primal magic.

Well, at least not anymore. But this brings up another point: there have been more than a couple changes in Call of the Wild while under new management. I'll be sure to draw up a blog post outlining the important stuff soon.

hoo, so you have changed it from what it was going to run like b4 then?  look forward to the new blog post to see what you have come up with now its under new management :)

This looks sooo good! Keep up the hard work and don't let my suggestions distract you =D

Do y'all have plans to expand the creature pool or functionality?

For example, I was thinking it could be cool to have Elk/Deer and Trolls? Just a thought.

Also, concerning the nudity thing, what if there was a spell that you could cast on yourself so that after being intimate with an animal, it would temporarily give you a covering.

For example, if you needed to go into a town, or into a really cold part of Skyrim (for Frostfall players) you could mate with a wolf (or several) and receive a fur covering (cloak/dress) for a set amount of time (like a cycle of the moon, or one day). Preferably it would be just the bare minimum covering, and would only be slightly less "negative" than regular clothes. I could see using some assets from Winter is Coming cloaks, or from the vanilla fur armor.

Here are some pictures.

post-182624-0-11948300-1405175655_thumb.jpg

In the end, feel free to just keep doing what you are doing! I really like what you guys are working on, and just want to support you =D

Do y'all have plans to expand the creature pool or functionality?

For example, I was thinking it could be cool to have Elk/Deer and Trolls? Just a thought.

The animal companions you'll be able to have won't be limited to the three listed on the description, those are merely the ones we've gone over. We're looking into other options, but we want to also make sure that they'll actually be useful and don't overlap in roles during combat.

Also, concerning the nudity thing, what if there was a spell that you could cast on yourself so that after being intimate with an animal, it would temporarily give you a covering.

For example, if you needed to go into a town, or into a really cold part of Skyrim (for Frostfall players) you could mate with a wolf (or several) and receive a fur covering (cloak/dress) for a set amount of time (like a cycle of the moon, or one day). Preferably it would be just the bare minimum covering, and would only be slightly less "negative" than regular clothes. I could see using some assets from Winter is Coming cloaks, or from the vanilla fur armor.

While the idea of magical clothing is appealing, in the end I think it would be best to simply have physical articles such as cloaks, hoods, and the likes. Frostfall support is something we already had in mind since it is such a popular mod nowadays. The pictures you provided have some inspirational value, however. Thanks. :)

cloak_wool_fur_1.jpg0001261606_10.jpgcloak_suede_2.jpgwool_and_fur_cloak_by_murieltailorcraft-

Some clock idea's, i thought they could be of some help, if not feel free to decard :)

Sorry about the size btw :) lol

p.s 

iv put up 2 that i think would be good for when u are court out in the rain, and 2 for when u have to go to the cloder regions of skyrim, 1 of witch is for heavy snow fall/blizzards

and as this mod is more nude :) these would look well with out clothing on and just the jewellery u are making for this mod :) 

I must say this is probably my most anticipated mod on this site at the moment. And please, don't feel rushed or anything. I would much prefer it done right the first time then forced out and having see it patched over and over again.  :shy:

Denver, please, for everyone's sake, put those pictures into a spoiler.

Anyways, as long as I'm on the team, I can promise that things won't get rushed out. Although... there's going to be a lot of stuff to test to ensure it is working this time around...

I did apologise for the size of the pics, but dont worry i wont bother putting any more up, i will just wait and see what happens with this mod, u alrdy have everything planned anyway so i wont bother with anything that may give u idea's or anything like that anymore 

I did apologise for the size of the pics, but dont worry i wont bother putting any more up, i will just wait and see what happens with this mod, u alrdy have everything planned anyway so i wont bother with anything that may give u idea's or anything like that anymore

It's not that we don't appreciate ideas, don't take us wrong. I'm actually using some of those pictures you posted for future reference when I get around to creating the cloaks and other winter wear. Putting them within a spoiler just helps the people who are using mobile devices to browse shorten loading times. Just know that even if we don't acknowledge an idea, we consider the possibility of it. At very least, you'll be contributing indirectly by providing some inspiration for the team.

if anyone needs a tester when more things are added and testing can be done cause i have to much time on my hands

More than likely, when a playable version is released it will be an open-beta type thing. I appreciate your willingness to see our shamelessly bug-ridden prototype of it though. :P

You should make something similar to this clothing mod. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36518/? Adds body paint in the form of clothing, course then you wouldn't be considered naked unless you can set it up somehow to detect that you are naked. I could definately see my character using this mod wearing fur or forsworn gloves and boots and just body paint.

There's already going to be tattoos, actually. Body paint would just seem sort of redundant. The defining characteristic of CotW is that it forces the player to be completely nude in order to use primal magic. Adding "clothing" such as this defeats the purpose of the entire mod. :P

You should make something similar to this clothing mod. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36518/? Adds body paint in the form of clothing, course then you wouldn't be considered naked unless you can set it up somehow to detect that you are naked. I could definately see my character using this mod wearing fur or forsworn gloves and boots and just body paint.

There's already going to be tattoos, actually. Body paint would just seem sort of redundant. The defining characteristic of CotW is that it forces the player to be completely nude in order to use primal magic. Adding "clothing" such as this defeats the purpose of the entire mod. :P

Ah ok, are the tattoos going to be item slot equipable or racemenu overlays? I use quite a few overlays in racemenu so my characters tend to be tattooed pretty well as it is.

Archived