I know it's been said already, but this is good, so much that I could lick it. Thank you so much, for coming back and releasing this. Hope the developing bug gets you again.

Couple of things:

If you ask to put the heels yourself and then you don't, in the words of the driver itself, a bug occurs and the scene halts. I haven't tried with the the rest, sorry.

When does the new content stop exactly? I ask because the first time, when the player had to get on the carriage it all stopped and I thought that was it. Then I tried again (have I said how good this is yet? :P ) and it turns out that no it wasn't it! Now, once the driver has shooed the perverts away, my character stands up and nothing else happens. I expect that is, in fact, the end, but as I've been wrong before, I thought I'd ask.

Concerning the getting into the cart, I didn't have that much of a problem. Yes, the player gets stuck going up, but then, after a few seconds, she is moved to where she needs to be and the scene continues normally. What I did notice is that the head of the player clips through the cart, not letting me see the nice blindfold. I don't know if it's something to do with my character, her height, her skeleton, something like that, or something else.

OK. Doing this thing.

I'm going to post this pretty much as is, on the grounds that if I start trying to fix bugs now I may never get around to posting anything.

I am adding a message box saying "Warning: Alpha Code. Save now or unspeakable things may happen to you". Actually, knowing the tastes of some of the people here, that's probably more of an incentive than a warning.

I'm also adding a fire by the cage so that hopefully frostfall players won't freeze to death in the cage.

[edit]

Done that :)

woooooooot!

Nicely done.  I assume that where it stopped (on the cart, stage 999 of QAYL_D42_S1A) is the end, currently?

I didn't encounter any serious bugs, and the minor ones (difficulty climbing into the cart, jitter while lying on the floor of the cart) have already been mentioned.  I did experience progressively worse lag, starting with the beginning of the race and continuing right through the end of the cart scene, as though some rogue script were dragging Papyrus down - but I can find no evidence of such in my logs.  Maybe it is just me (though the same test character was fine, if I revert to a save before meeting Cursus).

I know it's been said already, but this is good, so much that I could lick it. Thank you so much, for coming back and releasing this. Hope the developing bug gets you again.

The urge to develop never goes away. It's just that I code for a living, and doing it in my hobby times sails perilously close to overwork sometimes.

The trick, I think, is recognising when I'm getting overstretched and to do something else when that happens. I seem to be getting better at making that work, so maybe this time will be the charm :)

If you ask to put the heels yourself and then you don't, in the words of the driver itself, a bug occurs and the scene halts. I haven't tried with the the rest, sorry.

I forgot about that one. I can reproduce that one fairly easily, so I'll see if I can get it fixed for next weekend.

When does the new content stop exactly? I ask because the first time, when the player had to get on the carriage it all stopped and I thought that was it. Then I tried again (have I said how good this is yet? :P ) and it turns out that no it wasn't it! Now, once the driver has shooed the perverts away, my character stands up and nothing else happens. I expect that is, in fact, the end, but as I've been wrong before, I thought I'd ask.

Well, the new stuff pretty much stops at the cart. There is the start of a

discussion about solvents with Arcadia. There's also another scene at Aleator Estate which isn't even close to being finished. Really from the cart you should move through to Aleator Estate and get "delivered", but for some reason the move is glitched.

And that's pretty much it at the moment.

Concerning the getting into the cart, I didn't have that much of a problem. Yes, the player gets stuck going up, but then, after a few seconds, she is moved to where she needs to be and the scene continues normally. What I did notice is that the head of the player clips through the cart, not letting me see the nice blindfold. I don't know if it's something to do with my character, her height, her skeleton, something like that, or something else.

Yeah, positioning her on the cart was a pain.

I think I'm going to see if I can fix the cart position, the shoes equip glitch and the transition to the estate for next week. If I can get those sorted out, most of the rest can probably be lived with while I try and block in some more of the story.

Nicely done. I assume that where it stopped (on the cart, stage 999 of QAYL_D42_S1A) is the end, currently?

Yeah. It should continue from there to the next quest "Dinner For Two", but for some reason it glitches at that point. The next quest is missing huge sections at the moment, so you're not missing much :)

I did experience progressively worse lag, starting with the beginning of the race and continuing right through the end of the cart scene, as though some rogue script were dragging Papyrus down - but I can find no evidence of such in my logs

Hmm... I've not noticed that in my test runs, but it's possible. I'll have to keep an eye out for lag.

Bug/Issue: I seem to get stuck after completing the first part, the courier comes and gives me something, but I can't find it in my inventory. Sometimes when he spawns he doesn't target me and just wanders around.

That the second report that mentions the courier not handing a note over. It sounds like the alias for the note isn't filling for some reason.

Out of curiosity, did you start clean or continue from an old save where you'd already completed the race?

im having problems with it he puts me in the back of the wagon but the players head is halfway though the wall where he sits which isnt the problem the problem is he talks to himself about booze says about a quick booze wont hurt but after he says it i get cdt whats supposed to happen when he finnishes talking about booze to go to desktop ?

Out of curiosity, did you start clean or continue from an old save where you'd already completed the race?

This is from a game that isn't totally new, but before initially getting the first note. So, before doing the first race. The first race played through bug free. Trying to get the second delivery is where the weirdness came about. Got several different behaviors when trying to get to the next part. (Waited about 48 hrs after completing part one to give him time.)

1. He came up to me, said he a note, skyrim reports Item(s) collected, but there is no note or quest.
  2. He spawns, wanders around aimlessly, I go near him, he mentions he has something for me, skyrim reports items collected, but again, no note or quest.
  3. He doesn't spawn

Will try and do a fresh game at some point in the future.

This is from a game that isn't totally new, but before initially getting the first note. So, before doing the first race. The first race played through bug free. Trying to get the second delivery is where the weirdness came about. Got several different behaviors when trying to get to the next part. (Waited about 48 hrs after completing part one to give him time.)

1. He came up to me, said he a note, skyrim reports Item(s) collected, but there is no note or quest.
  2. He spawns, wanders around aimlessly, I go near him, he mentions he has something for me, skyrim reports items collected, but again, no note or quest.
  3. He doesn't spawn

Will try and do a fresh game at some point in the future.

I had the same issue on a fresh game too. The courier appears but doesn't give me anything. Had to start the quest manually using setstage.

the problem is he talks to himself about booze says about a quick booze wont hurt but after he says it i get cdt
Yeah, that can happen.I'll spoiler this for those who've not had a chance to play though yet:

The quest is supposed to grab the four or five nearest whiterun citizens (or klahjit traders which is always fun) who then stand around making rude comments and generally observing the PC's plight. At the end of the scene, once the player is immoblised, they try and persuade Bjorlam to nip down to Honningbrew meadery and have a pint or two while they look after his "cargo". It doesn't work nearly as well if they aliases don't fill, since BJ is left talking to himself. I can probably check for that, thinking about it.Eventually BJ actually gets to drive the cart and you do in fact end up at Aleator Estate for another scene which remains very largely incomplete.

Seemed to be working fairly well till the driver hopped off the cart on my end; then we both got stuck and just walked in circles or stopped moving completely. Do love how much this guy fears the player, though, lol. Very good setup for the next stage.
Yeah :) I figure he's a good Nord and doesn't mind dying so long as he goes to Sovngarde. If only for the legendary craic. I particularly like the idea that he's looking forward to being able to boast that he died fighting the Last Dargornborn over a point of honour. You just can't argue with that sort of mentallity :)In fact generally Bjorlam is just huge fun to write for.

This is from a game that isn't totally new, but before initially getting the first note. So, before doing the first race. The first race played through bug free. Trying to get the second delivery is where the weirdness came about.
Hmm. Not that then. It sounds very much as though the alias pointing at the note isn't filling for some reason. The courier works by puting a note into his container and starting his quest. He'll then find the player and whatever is in his chest, the player gets.So it sounds like the quest is starting, but nothing is being handed over. Except apparently it said you did get a note. It's most odd. A log file for this would be really helpful.

the problem is he talks to himself about booze says about a quick booze wont hurt but after he says it i get cdt

Yeah, that can happen.

I'll spoiler this for those who've not had a chance to play though yet:

The quest is supposed to grab the four or five nearest whiterun citizens (or klahjit traders which is always fun) who then stand around making rude comments and generally observing the PC's plight. At the end of the scene, once the player is immoblised, they try and persuade Bjorlam to nip down to Honningbrew meadery and have a pint or two while they look after his "cargo".

It doesn't work nearly as well if they aliases don't fill, since BJ is left talking to himself. I can probably check for that, thinking about it.

Eventually BJ actually gets to drive the cart and you do in fact end up at Aleator Estate for another scene which remains very largely incomplete.

Seemed to be working fairly well till the driver hopped off the cart on my end; then we both got stuck and just walked in circles or stopped moving completely. Do love how much this guy fears the player, though, lol. Very good setup for the next stage.

Yeah :) I figure he's a good Nord and doesn't mind dying so long as he goes to Sovngarde. If only for the legendary craic. I particularly like the idea that he's looking forward to being able to boast that he died fighting the Last Dargornborn over a point of honour. You just can't argue with that sort of mentallity :)

In fact generally Bjorlam is just huge fun to write for.

This is from a game that isn't totally new, but before initially getting the first note. So, before doing the first race. The first race played through bug free. Trying to get the second delivery is where the weirdness came about.

Hmm. Not that then. It sounds very much as though the alias pointing at the note isn't filling for some reason. The courier works by puting a note into his container and starting his quest. He'll then find the player and whatever is in his chest, the player gets.

So it sounds like the quest is starting, but nothing is being handed over. Except apparently it said you did get a note. It's most odd. A log file for this would be really helpful.

no npc showed up first time i deleted my save made a new character the npc showed up the courier and gaurds after the yacking the guy got onto his wagon my character stood up and no controls the cart didnt move

also any chance of putting a ramp to the wagon the pathing is horrible the wagon driver kept getting in the way walking up first making the player get of the bottom objects thats before the boxes do a lap around the wagon to get onto the boxes then repeat until finally getting in the wagon to be bound surely the guy should have kept a distance or let the player have control to get onto the wagon since ai has trouble with ladders in the inn in whiterun where you rent the room near the market npc takes bloody ages going up there player gets to close they stand there like noobs

and whats with the constant red blur screen after he touched the stanp which wasnt there due to tat problem screen went bright red and stayed like it just like the blur from the starting race

also any chance of putting a ramp to the wagon the pathing is horrible

It's got a ramp! I just did my best to disguise it so people wouldn't think "where'd that come from?"

the wagon driver kept getting in the way walking up first making the player get of the bottom objects thats before the boxes do a lap around the wagon to get onto the boxes then repeat until finally getting in the wagon to be bound surely the guy should have kept a distance or let the player have control to get onto the wagon since ai has trouble with ladders in the inn in whiterun where you rent the room near the market npc takes bloody ages going up there player gets to close they stand there like noobs

Yeah. Alpha software. There are a few rough edges. Getting on the cart is one of them.

and whats with the constant red blur screen after he touched the stanp which wasnt there due to tat problem screen went bright red and stayed like it just like the blur from the starting race

Yeah, but unlike the first race, this one is deliberate. Spoilers about future plans/plot developments follow:

The PC is ... let's call it orgasm locked. She can't cum and her arousal can't decrease.

Now the human body has a theoretical maximum level of sexual arousal; beyond a certain point most people orgasm and arousal drops again. But if you can't orgasm, then it might be possible to achieve arousal levels far beyond that point.

For want of a better term, I'm calling that state "hyper-arousal" or hyper-a. It's what happens to the PC when BJ touches that brand,

Now as far as QAYL goes, Hyper-A has some undesirable side effects, as evidenced by the PC's confusion and the fact that while in that state your ability to resist is drastically reduced. So if you do get to that point then you'll probably want to do something about it asap. So the red shader is to remind you of the problem.

That said, I think having the red shader on full-time is going to be a bit too much (alpha software - some things need tweaking) and I'll probably reduce it to a red pulse every 10 seconds or so. Maybe increasing in frequency for higher levels of hyper-a.

Now the human body has a theoretical maximum level of sexual arousal; beyond a certain point most people orgasm and arousal drops again. But if you can't orgasm, then it might be possible to achieve arousal levels far beyond that point.

I've been wondering, figured I might as well ask, this comment brought it to mind again... have you ever read anything by Anne Bishop? Particularly anything in the Black Jewels series?

I've been wondering, figured I might as well ask, this comment brought it to mind again... have you ever read anything by Anne Bishop? Particularly anything in the Black Jewels series?

No, but from the context, I'm guessing I might enjoy them :)

i have this weird bug that when i am at the wagon about to be loaded in my character stops moving at the top you your little ramp and the carrage driver just stands there inside the cart

That ramp is a bit glitchy at the moment. Does it happen repeatedly?

No, but from the context, I'm guessing I might enjoy them :)

Indeed, I do believe so. I can heartily recommend all of her books.

I will try the new version as soon as I can. I first have to get slavetats to work. I just updated to 1.0.6 (from 1.0.5) and now my MCM menu is gone (even going back to my old version doesn't fix it). So I have to deal with that first. -_-

im sure its the jcontainers thats your problem i think it was the new version of jcontainers that causes it

Yeah, that can happen.

I'll spoiler this for those who've not had a chance to play though yet:

The quest is supposed to grab the four or five nearest whiterun citizens (or klahjit traders which is always fun) who then stand around making rude comments and generally observing the PC's plight. At the end of the scene, once the player is immoblised, they try and persuade Bjorlam to nip down to Honningbrew meadery and have a pint or two while they look after his "cargo".

It doesn't work nearly as well if they aliases don't fill, since BJ is left talking to himself. I can probably check for that, thinking about it.

Eventually BJ actually gets to drive the cart and you do in fact end up at Aleator Estate for another scene which remains very largely incomplete.

Yeah :) I figure he's a good Nord and doesn't mind dying so long as he goes to Sovngarde. If only for the legendary craic. I particularly like the idea that he's looking forward to being able to boast that he died fighting the Last Dargornborn over a point of honour. You just can't argue with that sort of mentallity :)

In fact generally Bjorlam is just huge fun to write for.

Hmm. Not that then. It sounds very much as though the alias pointing at the note isn't filling for some reason. The courier works by puting a note into his container and starting his quest. He'll then find the player and whatever is in his chest, the player gets.

So it sounds like the quest is starting, but nothing is being handed over. Except apparently it said you did get a note. It's most odd. A log file for this would be really helpful.

that could still be the problem. Skyrim gets finicky whenever new mods are added to a save. upgrading a mod is worse, even if the old version hadn't been started. Try a brand new save, just to test it.

Errr this might be a dumb question, but how do I access the new content? I finish the initial sleep and unlock the cage part.

Edit: wait on to something now

I haven't played it yet, but by reading the other comments, sounds like you go to a town and the courier finds you again.

Ok manage to get the second part going.

What is the chest suppose to do? it seems very complicated! Also I am guessing one of the dialog is triggering some sort of check since the dialog tree will occasionally freeze, and have to tab out of conversation and then talk to Bjorlam again.

Any of the exclusive dialog choices actually makes a difference? What about the message box pop ups during the search?

My game eventually soft freezes after he slap the tattoo on, and PC enters the downed animation. Everything stop progressing then. Reading some of the posts it seems like this is the part where the mod is suppose to look for nearby NPCs?

I can't open the inventory nor move, but I can wait, waiting for a few hours, still nothing.

Wonder if it is because there's no NPCs around I think I was visiting him during night time.

Oh and one of the dialog, I think one of the ones from asking PC to lock the chest lead into vanilla pick a location + price chart. Nothing game breaking

Also just crossed my mind...what would happen if Bjorlam is dead.

I really do want to use this mod one day, however right now I would prefer to wait on the mod to get stable.

BUT I freaking love the tats.  So...is there anything preventing me from just extracting the tats and applying them manually?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot and didn't check the actual file downloads list first. They already ARE seperate :)

And thanks for making them so!