Hi,

I'd like to convert my PC (sculpted) head to multi-poly version, but noticed that vertex amount was not simply doubled and smoothed. And ofc shrinkwrap or conform doesn't work enough good to use it.

Do you know any easy way to conform the shapes?

Hmmm, I suppose that CITRUS is perfectly compatible with the newest rm editions here at LL's but somehow some of the sliders doesn't work or even appear in my screen. I'm using the ningheim race, and I'm trying the standalone file...I'm missing something here?

Hi,

I'd like to convert my PC (sculpted) head to multi-poly version, but noticed that vertex amount was not simply doubled and smoothed. And ofc shrinkwrap or conform doesn't work enough good to use it.

My workflow for upconverting sculpted data from normal head to CITRUS head:

(I use 3dsmax, I'm sure you can use any other 3d editor but I do not know the names of the similar functions)

1. Export your head from RM (Please use either 0% or 100% weight)

2. Load up 3dsMax with female skeleton

3. Import femalehead.nif (Either _0 for 0% or _1 for 100% weight)

4. Rename the imported femalehead mesh to something like 'Deformations'

5. Collapse to Edit Poly

6. Add a morpher modifier

7. Import your exported head from RM

8. Select the head mesh and collapse to editable poly

9. Select the original head mesh that you renamed and select it's morpher modifier

10. Select a channel and add the imported head mesh as a target. (The one that was not renamed!)

11. Delete the imported head mesh shape (The one that was not renamed!)

12. Import CITRUS head (Either _0 for 0% or _1 for 100% weight)

13. Collapse CITRUS head to editable Poly

14. Add a skinwrap modifier to CITRUS head

15. Change Setting to Face Deformations

16. In the target list click add and select the renamed head mesh

17. Now select the renamed head mesh and select it's morpher modifier

18. Select the channel with a morph in it and slide it to 100%

19. Select the CITRUS head, and collapse it to editable poly

20. Delete the renamed head mesh

21. Export everything in scene now to .nif

22. Load up RM with citrus head and tell RM to load sculpt data from your newly exported .nif

I'll try to write a proper guide w/ pics and 3ds maxscript that can batch do this process automatically and all that jazz later when I get more time.

Sorry for long delay in response, I had thought I had written this earlier but my internet must've disconnected and not saved the post at the time.

Only realized now in chat when somebody pointed out that my mini guide wasn't there.

Hi,

My workflow for upconverting sculpted data from normal head to CITRUS head:

(I use 3dsmax, I'm sure you can use any other 3d editor but I do not know the names of the similar functions)

1. Export your head from RM (Please use either 0% or 100% weight)

2. Load up 3dsMax with female skeleton

3. Import femalehead.nif (Either _0 for 0% or _1 for 100% weight)

4. Rename the imported femalehead mesh to something like 'Deformations'

5. Collapse to Edit Poly

6. Add a morpher modifier

7. Import your exported head from RM

8. Select the head mesh and collapse to editable poly

9. Select the original head mesh that you renamed and select it's morpher modifier

10. Select a channel and add the imported head mesh as a target. (The one that was not renamed!)

11. Delete the imported head mesh shape (The one that was not renamed!)

12. Import CITRUS head (Either _0 for 0% or _1 for 100% weight)

13. Collapse CITRUS head to editable Poly

14. Add a skinwrap modifier to CITRUS head

15. Change Setting to Face Deformations

16. In the target list click add and select the renamed head mesh

17. Now select the renamed head mesh and select it's morpher modifier

18. Select the channel with a morph in it and slide it to 100%

19. Select the CITRUS head, and collapse it to editable poly

20. Delete the renamed head mesh

21. Export everything in scene now to .nif

22. Load up RM with citrus head and tell RM to load sculpt data from your newly exported .nif

I'll try to write a proper guide w/ pics and 3ds maxscript that can batch do this process automatically and all that jazz later when I get more time.

Sorry for long delay in response, I had thought I had written this earlier but my internet must've disconnected and not saved the post at the time.

Only realized now in chat when somebody pointed out that my mini guide wasn't there.

Thank you for the reply. I think I got the idea - difference between my custom and vanilla-non-citrus, the morph, gets applied to the citrus head :)

So I downloaded and installed the standalone yesterday and it all went too easily. I am seeing a dark spot under my char's chin, though, that was never there before. Any idea on the cause for this? Maybe I can figure it out myself, and if I do I'll post the reasons and fix here.

So I downloaded and installed the standalone yesterday and it all went too easily. I am seeing a dark spot under my char's chin, though, that was never there before. Any idea on the cause for this? Maybe I can figure it out myself, and if I do I'll post the reasons and fix here.

Not sure if this of relevance, but did you try the Replacer also? I got seams with the replacer, and no prob with the standalone. Maybe the other version works just fine for you.

Besides that, maybe you could use the texture blender from SvarogNL (Nexus) - that is always usefull, imho.

Not sure if this of relevance, but did you try the Replacer also? I got seams with the replacer, and no prob with the standalone. Maybe the other version works just fine for you.

Besides that, maybe you could use the texture blender from SvarogNL (Nexus) - that is always usefull, imho.

There is a black spot just there, like it's missing textures covering that part of the mesh. And there were no seams to blend before that. Zilch. The textures I've been using don't have any issues like those (as long as I use the head and body as a complete set).

I'd really like to give this a shot, but I'm worried about the potential impact of a high-poly headmesh on my low-end system, even more so if I'll be using a replacer. Would this head have a significant effect on my game performance? (In the meantime, I'll be playing around with RM3's excellent...stuff. Sculpting!  :P )

Hello. Sorry for my English. I installed standalone version. In one embodiment of the lips were slit at the corners of the mouth and teeth can be seen - it is the idea of the author, or I have a problem?

C44FA84C-50FD-F599-7AA8-ACAAE594B213.jpg

I'll see if I can fix it eventually.

I'd really like to give this a shot, but I'm worried about the potential impact of a high-poly headmesh on my low-end system, even more so if I'll be using a replacer. Would this head have a significant effect on my game performance? (In the meantime, I'll be playing around with RM3's excellent...stuff. Sculpting!  :P )

No, I have no idea what the impact would be on your specific system.

Try it out yourself, and post results.

So has anyone created any custom heads with the Citrus Standalone they want to share?

Something like the one's I'm working on?

post-321913-0-15261200-1421416820_thumb.jpg

:cool::at::dodgy:

That was just a test build and I'm currently starting over from scratch with the Bubblegum build as the base for this morning.

What I'm working on today is:

1. I gonna run Bubble's femalehead nif thru KGtools to get it as close as possible to the original head mesh shape.

2. Then I'll use the default female head (low poly 996 vertices)  as a base and build Bodyslide morphs for the 996 heads for Jessica Alba, Angelina Jolie, and Kate B look a likes (pulled from the facegen data for those followers).

3. I Gotta figure out the fine tuned shape relocation from the base 996 version to Blabba's version (its something like x=0, y= -1.4, z= 120 or 121).

Note: Bubblegum doesn't completely line up with the default face, which is why I'm gonna run it thru KGtools clothing converter :P

Once I'm done I'll post up a 7z with the 3 heads I'm working on.

Note: I tested this with RM 3's final build and it worked damn well as a head import... But the textures you'll have to get on your own.

Note 2: The Jessica Alba head is for the femaleheadbreton and tends to fubar the eyes when you try to load it as a base for the nord race (go figure).

Note 3: when I'm done I'll start a post in the regular section on how to convert follower heads for Citrus & RM 3.

EDIT:  It looks like I will not need to run Bubble gum thru KGtools after all.

The offset is x= 0, y= -1.44, z= 120.33 (or thats damn close anyway).

post-321913-0-84027000-1421418562_thumb.jpg

edit 2:  off set of y = -1.45 gets the neck to line up perfectly and the nose, forehead, and chin do need some kgtool loving after all...

Edit 3: Rough Build for Use with RaceMenu 3's Head importer on the Citrus Standalone setup.

Angeila, Jessica, and Kate.7z

Place all 3 heads into the "Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\CharGen" folder.

Then in Racemenu 3 import the head.

Angelina and Kate are set as FemaleHeadNord

Jessica is set as FemaleHeadBreton

I'd suggest using 3dsmax to upconvert the faces to citrus head.

I guarantee that in Max and maybe even in Blender, the Vanilla Head and Citrus Head are positioned correctly with each other.

Also using Vertex deformations like in OS, can produce really jaggy and unnatural results in the case of the head. Whereas Face Deforms from Max will keep the smoothness of the CITRUS head but take the shape of the vanilla head.

But yea nice job btn2k3.

If you guys want, you may check out Dubhorizon's heads for vilja and some other followers he's made. There's a few other citrus heads for followers/RM3 presets somewhere out there. I just don't keep track of it lol.

After some testing I think they work a little better now.

Angeila, Jessica, and Kate.7z

I forgot to set the mesh into a sub branch under facegen inside the nif (so the first version was erroring when trying to load in RM3).

Note you will want the eyes, and brows in a good location before importing and the neck seam on the Jessica is giving me problems in game.

I'll probably mask the neck seam off on the head and redo the morph (which will keep the seam in the correct location while giving you the face).

Best bet is to look at the head in nifscope first so you can get an idea of where the eyes, mouth, eyebrows, and all are set.

As I removed all of the other parts like the teeth, brows, and hair (so that you can use it without running multiple mods).

I was also trying to do the Lara Croft 2013 head, but it goes crazy when trying to use it as a morph (right vertices count, wrong location... bad for morph use with the vanilla head mesh).

Testing Citrus Heads and indeed it has a visible effect on the face quality, but for some reason it causes my game to have, at times, a noticeable FPS impact. Sometimes, my fps drops from 50+ to 1-5 fps for no reason.

My pc config is 7870 ghtz edition 2 gb gddr5, 4 gb ram and i5 3450.

This is my mod list

+Merta Assassin Armor UNP - CBBE
+HDT HighHeels System
+DSR Patch
+Dual Sheath Redux
+【Skeleton】XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended
+Immersive Animations
+Realistic Ragdolls and Force
+FNIS Patch
+Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS
+Dancing Crane Katana
+Ultimate Spinning Arrows
+Seductive Lips HD
+The Eyes Of Beauty
+ApachiiSkyHair Female
+Fair Skin Complexion
+UNP BLESSED BODY- UNPB REDUX PROJECT
+CITRUS Heads (HD Meshes)
+RaceMenu
+Evil MasterMind Armor
+Auto Unequip Ammo
+Enhanced Lights and FX
+aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Armors
+aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Weapin
+Ultimate HD Fire Effects
+Skyrim HD - 2K Textures Misc
+Skyrim HD - 2K Textures Towns
+Skyrim HD - 2K Textures Dungeons
+Real Roads for Skyrim
+Better Rocks and Mountains - UV Tweak
+W.A.T.E.R - Water And Terrain Enhancement Redux
+Skyrim Flora Overhaul
+Skyrim HD - 2K Textures
+Static Mesh Improvement Mod
+No bethesda Intro
+A Quality World Map
+Extended UI
+Immersive HUD - iHUD
+moreHUD
+SkyUI
+Unofficial High Resolution Patch
+Unofficial Dragonborn Patch
*Unmanaged: Dragonborn
+Unofficial Hearthfire Patch
*Unmanaged: HearthFires
+Unofficial Dawnguard Patch
*Unmanaged: Dawnguard
+Unofficial Skyrim Patch
*Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack01
*Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack02
*Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack03

ps: for some reason, the log shows  the list inverted. Read from bottom to top/

Testing Citrus Heads and indeed it has a visible effect on the face quality, but for some reason it causes my game to have, at times, a noticeable FPS impact. Sometimes, my fps drops from 50+ to 1-5 fps for no reason.

My pc config is 7870 ghtz edition 2 gb gddr5, 4 gb ram and i5 3450.

This is my mod list

+Merta Assassin Armor UNP - CBBE
+HDT HighHeels System
+DSR Patch
+Dual Sheath Redux
+【Skeleton】XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended
+Immersive Animations
+Realistic Ragdolls and Force
+FNIS Patch
+Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS
+Dancing Crane Katana
+Ultimate Spinning Arrows
+Seductive Lips HD
+The Eyes Of Beauty
+ApachiiSkyHair Female
+Fair Skin Complexion
+UNP BLESSED BODY- UNPB REDUX PROJECT
+CITRUS Heads (HD Meshes)
+RaceMenu
+Evil MasterMind Armor
+Auto Unequip Ammo
+Enhanced Lights and FX
+aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Armors
+aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Weapin
+Ultimate HD Fire Effects
+Skyrim HD - 2K Textures Misc
+Skyrim HD - 2K Textures Towns
+Skyrim HD - 2K Textures Dungeons
+Real Roads for Skyrim
+Better Rocks and Mountains - UV Tweak
+W.A.T.E.R - Water And Terrain Enhancement Redux
+Skyrim Flora Overhaul
+Skyrim HD - 2K Textures
+Static Mesh Improvement Mod
+No bethesda Intro
+A Quality World Map
+Extended UI
+Immersive HUD - iHUD
+moreHUD
+SkyUI
+Unofficial High Resolution Patch
+Unofficial Dragonborn Patch
*Unmanaged: Dragonborn
+Unofficial Hearthfire Patch
*Unmanaged: HearthFires
+Unofficial Dawnguard Patch
*Unmanaged: Dawnguard
+Unofficial Skyrim Patch
*Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack01
*Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack02
*Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack03

ps: for some reason, the log shows  the list inverted. Read from bottom to top/

Citrus can't possibly make you drop to 1-5 fps. It could be an HDT physics problem (if you have those installed, I don't see them). Does Dual Sheath Redux come with a skeleton? Make sure XPMS Extended is top priority and select the matching options for your setup.

If you do use HDT-PE, make sure your HDT XML files have all occurences of "NPC PreBelly" renamed to "HDT Belly", if you're using the latest XPMS Extended.

Make sure no plugins of yours conflict (HDT, ENB, drivers, memory patches, ...) with others or your PC hardware and have the latest version of RaceMenu installed.

OK so after some testing, disabling each mod one at a time I have found the culprit. It was Fair Skin Complexion Mod all along. Citrus Head barely took 1-2 fps out of my performance.

It seems strange that Fair Skin Complexion ( which is a female-only mod ) made such massive fps drop in the middle of the forest while I was on my still male character.

Update: I Tweaked the AJ, JA, (and added KB and LC) presets a little more and posted them over in the WIP RM3 thread.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/41228-wip-share-racemenu-v3-presets/?p=1051218

Someone mentioned the heads didn't look like the Nexus followers they are base off of and that is because of the texture that comes with the follower.

The meshes are set to as close as possible as I could get them....

Now if you want the head to look just like the follower mod you could probably figure out how to pull the facegen texture and use it as the RM overlay, but if the skin doesn't match the texture set you use it will look screwy...

Especially considering the follower face texture has the eyebrows painted on the face....