my bad:> stupid me is stupid

everything works fine now... just install with nmm as always

different question... i try to get rid of the vampire morphs (no shrunken faces)... do i just have to edit femaleheadchargen.tri, or are there other files i need to change too

I believe that's the only tri file for vanilla game to auto apply the vampire morph.

I dunno, but I think you can get the same result by just editing attributes and stuff in the CK.

I can't wait for some talented people to sculpt visually stunning heads with this.  However, I cannot see the incremental benefit of using Repalcer to rebake vanilla.  I can see the slight difference if I stare at the faces very, very closely but vanilla is so ugly I don't think I would want to.  Will textures designed specifically for CITRUS make a noticeable difference?

There shouldn't be a need for new textures per say. The UV's were fitted to be compatible with vanilla UV's.

I do however suggest looking for 2k-4k higher quality textures. Vanilla textures are by default too pixelated.

So first things first, the new meshes\.tri files for the heads are awesome.  Even without toggling wire-frame the difference is noticeable simply because of how smooth the head is compared to vanilla.  I do have a question though.  

Will there ever be compatibility for the EEO .tri files?  I ask because the EEO .tri files only work with vanilla heads and the Citrus head only works with its own .tri files meaning that the two don't mix for obvious reasons.  Its not that big an issue for me because I use Custom Races, and can just use the Citrus head on my humans and use the Vanilla head for my Elves.  Still, it would be nice to have the Citrus head on both elves and humans.   I know I could use the Citrus head with its own .tri files on elves but it would give them all their old vanilla features which are not very good and wouldn't work with my presets.  

But that stuff aside, good work.  I really like the higher poly count and think it looks much better than vanilla.   

So first things first, the new meshes\.tri files for the heads are awesome.  Even without toggling wire-frame the difference is noticeable simply because of how smooth the head is compared to vanilla.  I do have a question though.  

Will there ever be compatibility for the EEO .tri files?  I ask because the EEO .tri files only work with vanilla heads and the Citrus head only works with its own .tri files meaning that the two don't mix for obvious reasons.  Its not that big an issue for me because I use Custom Races, and can just use the Citrus head on my humans and use the Vanilla head for my Elves.  Still, it would be nice to have the Citrus head on both elves and humans.   I know I could use the Citrus head with its own .tri files on elves but it would give them all their old vanilla features which are not very good and wouldn't work with my presets.  

But that stuff aside, good work.  I really like the higher poly count and think it looks much better than vanilla.   

EEO morphs are packaged and renamed with RaceMenu (Nuska even says on the top of the description for people to use RaceMenu instead)

RaceMenu does contain the EEO morphs, they are just not exposed I believe or are renamed.

I'll take a closer look at it sometime later though.

EEO morphs are packaged and renamed with RaceMenu (Nuska even says on the top of the description for people to use RaceMenu instead)

RaceMenu does contain the EEO morphs, they are just not exposed I believe or are renamed.

I'll take a closer look at it sometime later though.

Fair Enough.  And thanks for the quick reply.  

I looked in the BSA and there is a femaleheadchargen.tri and maleheadcustomizations.tri under nuska in the morphs section. There's also some of the same head chargen files under extra in the morphs section.  Everything else looks like it works a slider but that's just my uneducated guess. 

That probably doesn't help you very much but that's the best I could do.   :D  

Thanks again for the Heads!

I believe that's the only tri file for vanilla game to auto apply the vampire morph.

I dunno, but I think you can get the same result by just editing attributes and stuff in the CK.

for this i would need to edit all men/mer vampire races, wihich could cause incompatibilities... changing the tri file is rather safe

To all who contributed to this effort, thank you.  I just tested it out with my unique character path and it all works as expected.  I'm looking forward to the RM 3 release to see how it all fits together.  However, I had a question about one thing.  The head mesh is set up to use tangent space normals.  As I understand it, Skyrim uses object space normals for skin and body meshes (hence the _msn suffix as opposed to the _n suffix for armor and equipment).  As such, the BSNumUVSets should be set to 1 and HasNormals should be set to No to work with properly configured body meshes.  Otherwise there will be more noticeable seams if they are not both set correctly.  Granted, there are a number of body mesh replacers that have been set up to use tangent space normals by their authors, but that doesn't make them any less incorrect.

I left normals in because I modified the normals to be seamless with my CITRUS body in-game.

IDK if the modified normals will cause issues with other body replacers. People are free to set the normals off if they wish though.

If they are set to off, the game will just re-calculate them automatically anyway (slight performance drop because of this, I dunno if the game rebuilds the normals for each time the mesh is loaded or if it saves after the first load to a temp cache or something)

As for the BS num UV flags, I have not a single idea what they change and the difference between flags 4097 and 1 (other than obviously their binary offset) but from the nif documentaion it seems as long as any bit is set to the on position it denotes that the mesh has a UV.

http://niftools.sourceforge.net/doc/nif/NiTriShapeData.html

The normals in a body mesh are not read as far as I know (because shader flag "model space normals" is on). The lightning is computed from the _msn textures.

Setting "BS Num UV Sets" to 1 deletes the values stored on the tangent and bitangents arrays, which makes the nif lighter. Same with the "Has Normals" propiety. At the end I think that's the only benefit, there's less stuff to load for the game.

Not sure if this would be the same for head meshes.

For the standalone, it only works on the PC.

The instructions on the front page should be pretty straight forward, just download, install and activate.

Oh, and use showracemenu and swap gender back and forth to force reload head meshes to the new type.

my bad:> stupid me is stupid

everything works fine now... just install with nmm as always

different question... i try to get rid of the vampire morphs (no shrunken faces)... do i just have to edit femaleheadchargen.tri, or are there other files i need to change too

After experimenting a bit, it looks like the vampire morph is controlled entirely by the Vampire keyword on the race. Changing the head in the CK and stuff does nothing at all to get rid of the sunken cheeks, so it seems that femaleheadchargen.tri needs to be edited. That's kinda beyond me though, so I'm hoping a kind soul might be able to do a version of it for this head model without the sunken cheeks part.

New (and hopefully final) update for heads is done.

Changelog added, you can read the top of the notes for the new stuff.

I probably won't be updating this mod anytime soon as I'm focusing on my other mod (Project CITRUS), however, if anyone spots any valid bugs with pictures and stuff I will keep note of it for whenever another update can be.

Other than that I really don't have any plans to grow this mod any further (sorry werewolf people but honestly any fur type heads like Khajits are a HUGE pain in the ass to deal with so I'm not going to put myself through that again - unless I get extremely bored or extremely drunk)

There might be a very unlikely distant future update where I do cool stuff like add a few new morphs and roll in morphs from other face mods people have made (Like making Brutish argonian head morphs/ SC khajit morphs/ Kitty khajit morphs etc....)

I am really loving the new CITRUS head.  ECE may have more and better presets available at the moment but RM preset loaded into CITRUS can be more easily modified into some very nice looking heads.  Also RM presets tend to be more true to form between systems for some reason, at least for me.  Only 1/3 of my downloaded ECE presets come out resembling the original.  I am really puzzled by the lack of interest, hopefully this will change after RM3 is released. 

Can't wait for CITRUS body to be release ready.

Found a couple NPC errors, will send pics tomorrow

I hate being the one to ask dumb questions. Who am I kidding? I'm a mom, I LOVE these questions. Are you using the Standalone or the Replacer. If using the replacer did you remember to regen the npc heads?

As RaceMenu 3.0 is coming and I'll have possibility to modify high poly female head for my male char (remove neck seam in sculpt editor), I am looking forward to high poly headmesh.

This one is awesome, but there is problem for me: my char using EEO race morph, because it is much more smooth and better than vanilla female elves morphs. Is there will be compatibility (note that I am saying not about femaleheadchargen.tri, but about femaleheadraces.tri file)? A am browsed racemenu.bsa, and there is no femaleheadraces.tri there.

For better understanding, how much EEO elf race morph better, I made two comprasion shots:

rAebY.png mbnwV.png

First one is Citrus Head with standart Hight Elf race morph. Second one is custom headmesh made by Tktk (based on vanilla low poly head) with EEO High Elf race morph. 

Also, as I understood, it doesn't support vampires?

I honestly barely see the difference.

No the EEO elf race morph is not included in the citrus head package.

femaleheadraces.tri is a vanilla file, the racemenu.bsa does not include it as it by default uses the vanilla one stored in skyrim-meshes.bsa

The Citrus heads do support Vampire morphs.

Basically I kept ALL vanilla morphs for the new head.