View File

Intro:

This mod overhauls the head meshes and their respective morphs to allow higher poly heads.

These new High-Poly Heads will help when RM3 comes out with it's morph editor to allow you to further customize it while maintaining decent smoothing.

You can also make more various and extreme morphs for these heads using Mudbox or any 3d editor.

Contains:

- Female Head and all associated morphs (ECE/Chargen/Nuska/etc...)

- Female Argonian Head and all associated morphs, along with new lizard style eye blink 'animation'

- Female Khajit Head and all associated morphs, Along with tweaked vertex alpha blending

- Updated to contain RM Extra morphs and Expression morphs!

- Male Head and all associated morphs

- Male Argonian Heads and all associated morphs. alonog with new lizard style eye blink 'animation'

- Male Khajit Head and all associated morphs, Along with tweaked vertex Alpha blending

- Standalone version and Replacer version

Installation:

Using MO:

1. Let MO manage your BSA files (Archive Tab, first checkbox)

3jjBm20.png

1. Download EITHER the Replacer File OR the Standalone File
  2. Install the file and activate in MO
  3. Make sure CITRUS head is below RM on the left pane. (If using standalone, the ESP order shouldn't matter)
  4. Switch to archive tab in MO, scroll down to CITRUS, and make sure the checkbox next to the BSA is ticked on.

yXPYuu7.png

Using NMM Or Manual:

I don't install mods though NMM or Manual anymore, so I cannot provide support for installing this way.

(Nor can I recommend installing this way)

Some tips though:

- Extract the BSA

- Test it's working in-game by using the console command 'twf'

Existing Saves (For Standlone Users):

If using the standalone version of this file, when you load an existing save the head will not automatically update.

You will need to manually update your head this way:

1. Load your existing save after installing standalone version
  2. Activate the racemenu by console command 'showracemenu' or any alternate mod that gets you to the racemenu screen
  3. Save your head as a preset (if not already saved)
  4. Switch gender back and forth (It will cause RM's Chargen to update the head parts to new citrus heads)
  5. Load your preset.

Uninstallation:

Using MO:

1. Untick the mod on the left pane.
  2. If you ran CK's facegen for the replacer version, simply delete the facegen files in your overwrite folder.

Compatibility:

• ALWAYS USE WITH LATEST VERSION OF RM!
  • Not compatible with EEO (Ethereal Elven Overhaul) - Read Notes
  • Not compatible with ECE (And I will not be adding support for it)
  • Standalone version is compatible with ECE made followers, Replacer version will make followers lose expressions and their faces cannot be rebuilt in the CK with new heads.
  • Not compatible with any race mods that add their own custom head morphs
  • Not compatible with any mods that affect the Head Morphs (AKA head .tri files)
  • Compatible with Familiar Faces and any other mods that work with RM.
  • Compatible with any Body mesh that follows Bethesda's Vanilla seam lines (Basically all of them).

Custom Races:

If the custom race does not have it's own unique head shape, and does not contain it's own set of unique morphs (head .tri files) then you can do the following:

Replacer - Should be automatically compatible

Standalone - Open up the replacements.ini file and add in the races custom FormID and set it equal to the equivalent citrus head part. (Examples contained within the file should be self-explanatory)

Notes:

Compatibility for custom popular heads and their morphs such as Ethereal Elven Overhaul and RAN's Head Meshes, ECE morphs, CME morphs were long ago integrated into RaceMenu. Thus making the use of such mods themselves redundant. Or not directly compatible with how RM works.

This mod is based off of RM and it's vast amount of morphs, and as such had ALL of the facial morphs from RM converted to match the new high poly head.

This by extension means that this head mod already contains the morphs for ECE, RAN's, EEO and CME.

Bottom line is, if it's in RM, it's been fitted for the use of this head.

Textures - Because of the higher poly count on this head, you will see blocky textures more easily. It is recommended you get higher detail normals and diffuse maps to prevent this. (2k works fine for me)

Tools:

Mudbox 2014

3dsMax 2014

CreationKit

Sublime Text

Credits:

Expired - Trieditor Maxscript and RM support for standalone heads

Vioxsis - Taking care of all my absurd requests.

Jacques00 - Female UV work

LL unofficial chat - Help debugging

Blabba

Permissions:

Do not re-upload elsewhere.

Otherwise, feel free to do what you wish provided you give the proper credits.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/23/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    RaceMenu 2.9+
  • Special Edition Compatible

im currently using ECE with this so i find any issues ill just Re-edit this post and note them down to warn others.

It work with ece? And can you tell me how you did it please? I tried real quick but could not get to work, but i put files in ygnord folder... I just overwrite everything the way is packed in archive instead?

im currently using ECE with this so i find any issues ill just Re-edit this post and note them down to warn others.

It work with ece? And can you tell me how you did it please? I tried real quick but could not get to work, but i put files in ygnord folder... I just overwrite everything the way is packed in archive instead?

You replace the ones with the same file names. It'll 'work' but no NPCs are going to do their facial morphs correctly; blinking, dialogue, anything that moves the face isn't going to work unless you re-bake every NPC head in the game, which for custom NPCs isn't even possible since there is significant dataloss. You have to separate the player's assets from the NPC assets by creating copies of the vanilla heads, point them to new meshes and TRI files, then edit your Race's default head to use the new head. Effectively this is what RaceMenu is going to do, only it's going to dynamically overwrite the Race's default HeadPart via CharGen so that there is no mod conflict (Many mods like to make minor changes to races, this is where major conflict emerges), and it will make an attempt at doing so with custom races as well, assuming the custom race does not use it's own head mesh, in which case you would be hooped and you'd need to manually override via a setting.

You replace the ones with the same file names. It'll 'work' but no NPCs are going to do their facial morphs correctly; blinking, dialogue, anything that moves the face isn't going to work unless you re-bake every NPC head in the game, which for custom NPCs isn't even possible since there is significant dataloss. You have to separate the player's assets from the NPC assets by creating copies of the vanilla heads, point them to new meshes and TRI files, then edit your Race's default head to use the new head. Effectively this is what RaceMenu is going to do, only it's going to dynamically overwrite the Race's default HeadPart via CharGen so that there is no mod conflict (Many mods like to make minor changes to races, this is where major conflict emerges), and it will make an attempt at doing so with custom races as well, assuming the custom race does not use it's own head mesh, in which case you would be hooped and you'd need to manually override via a setting.

There is a Mod on the Nexus that makes PC and NPC seperate so you could have like, CBBE on your PC and UNP on the NPCs.

i Think you can do that anyway, but yeah there is a mod ill try find it for you

Right here [http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13712/?]

This is great but for some reason it messes up my character's eyebrows causing them to sink under the skin at parts.

Meh, head is the closest as it can be to a 1 to 1 copy of vanilla head volume, but of course to obtain the smoothness I had to shave some volume off for soft edges.

You can probably fix this up by tweaking brow sliders, or when RM3 comes out make a morph to fix the clipping if it bothers ya.

So I found the race in the picture at nexus, but how did you get it to look like a human body?

TES5Edit, Beer, Photoshop, Cola, Time, and not much sleep

Is there anyway you could upload that? If not I understand, I just really like the way it looks compared to the actually look of the original mod.

So I found the race in the picture at nexus, but how did you get it to look like a human body?

Is there anyway you could upload that? If not I understand, I just really like the way it looks compared to the actually look of the original mod.

Nah the base textures are the work of others I can't publically share them, sorry. No Interest in premission hunting.

Nah the base textures are the work of others I can't publically share them, sorry. No Interest in premission hunting.

Thanks for answering me anyways, awesome work though

I tested it a little (version 1.1) and I love it! The difference is amazing!

Buuut I couldn't get it to work with RaceMenu 2.7.2 (I think it's the latest version?) The additional sliders and stuffs (lip thickness, eyebrow angle and so on) show up in race menu but moving them doesn't affect anything. I feel like I'm missing something very obvious and I'm sorry ^^ Ooooor is it supposed to not be compatible yet?

Buuut I couldn't get it to work with RaceMenu 2.7.2 (I think it's the latest version?) The additional sliders and stuffs (lip thickness, eyebrow angle and so on) show up in race menu but moving them doesn't affect anything. I feel like I'm missing something very obvious and I'm sorry ^^ Ooooor is it supposed to not be compatible yet?

Hmm, TBH I haven't tested all the sliders, but have you installed the tri files as well in their appropriate position?

I'll double check in my game and see if they are working, it could also be a known issue with chargen in that it only supports 164 morphs per tri, and the ECE .tri file is 202 morphs or something, Which Expired said he's fixing in the next version of RM. (These heads were more or less meant to be made and used with RM3 when it comes out, I just released them a little early because I was done with them and thought someone could come up with some nice new textures with them)

How many poly of this head?

Technical details were posted here:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/32947-preview-new-higher-poly-head-mesh/?p=826546

Hmm, TBH I haven't tested all the sliders, but have you installed the tri files as well in their appropriate position?

I'll double check in my game and see if they are working, it could also be a known issue with chargen in that it only supports 164 morphs per tri, and the ECE .tri file is 202 morphs or something, Which Expired said he's fixing in the next version of RM. (These heads were more or less meant to be made and used with RM3 when it comes out, I just released them a little early because I was done with them and thought someone could come up with some nice new textures with them)

Yah, I'm sure I copied over all the files including the facegenmorph folder. I did try to copy only the nifs afterwards to see if that does anything but nuh the result was... as expected XD

Awwww in this case I guess I'll go back to my backup and simply wait for RaceMenu update. I don't think I can force myself to look at Skyrim characters without those sliders anymore n_n

Yah, I'm sure I copied over all the files including the facegenmorph folder. I did try to copy only the nifs afterwards to see if that does anything but nuh the result was... as expected XD

Awwww in this case I guess I'll go back to my backup and simply wait for RaceMenu update. I don't think I can force myself to look at Skyrim characters without those sliders anymore n_n

Well, I can confirm that the lip thickness slider works fine, same thing with all other facial morph sliders I see in RM 2.7.2

I can't find eyebrow sliders though, but I think those are seperate meshes altogether like the eyes and mouths and come with their own seperate tri morphs. Of which this mod doesn't touch.

IDK about vampire stuff

If someone can point to me that they use different tri morph files or nif, then I can fix later.

Edit:

Double check that your not using a vampire mod that overwrites the files from this mod.

My character isn't a vampire, I couldn't figure out what was causing the face deformation the first time so a just started the game from a previous save and cured the vampirism. I was just saying that when she turned there was face deformation. I'm sorry, I left that part out. This is what happened without my character being a vampire, so I'm guessing the issue might be on my end somewhere, some kind of conflict.

Well, I can confirm that the lip thickness slider works fine, same thing with all other facial morph sliders I see in RM 2.7.2

I can't find eyebrow sliders though, but I think those are seperate meshes altogether like the eyes and mouths and come with their own seperate tri morphs. Of which this mod doesn't touch.

Hummm this is weird. I just reinstalled the head and spent a little more time testing. And the results are weird. Like superweird. I made some screenies:

For comparison here is how my Imperial character looks without the citrus head:

post-34019-0-34114500-1403978203_thumb.png

And here is with the hi poly mesh:

post-34019-0-36639200-1403978290_thumb.png

Most sliders are working but you can see there's something wrong with her lips, the open lips slider does a weird thing to them!

post-34019-0-90224400-1403978473_thumb.pngpost-34019-0-47071800-1403978568_thumb.png

Buuuuuuut real X Files stuffs starts happening when I switch to elven presets. I'm using Ethereal Elven Overhaul and maybe that's the reason but I saw nuska's folder included in the hipoly head archive so I thought it was compatible with EEO.

But anyways screenies! This is actually where I encountered the issues I reported, here is my cute Dunmer preset with her normal low poly head for comparison:

post-34019-0-70209800-1403978734_thumb.png

And now what happens after I install the citrus head:

post-34019-0-88006300-1403978853_thumb.pngpost-34019-0-65052200-1403978873_thumb.pngpost-34019-0-65452100-1403978895_thumb.pngpost-34019-0-56227000-1403978927_thumb.png

Not only does it look liek the default Bethesda preset for dark elves but you can also see clipping with hair, eyebrows and sliders not doing anything even when I set them to extremes ._.

I think I found the culprit as far as the mesh deformation. I'm using a mod called PSQ or Player Succubus Quest for SexLab, and apparently if you don't change all of your head meshes in the transformation files to match this one you'll get earlier picture..

Now I seem to be having a different issue, My character's face is now as black a tar. I've been told this is an issue caused by insufficient v-ram, is that true in this case?

post-145287-0-20844600-1403981023_thumb.jpg